RPG Idea Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Re: RPG Idea Discussion Thread

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:speaking of RPG idea i do have this one, its not beyond the rough ideas stage but i figure i'd put it out here

in short a Macross RPG set around the same period as frontier but in a different corner of the galaxy following one of the colony fleets (starting at the planet it launches from and all the preparations involved with sending a colony fleet off), the 2 main sides are NUNS with which players can be human or zentradi (be it macro or micronized in the case of the latter) or one of the "uncultured" rebel zentradi fleets that are still out there, who are trying to devise a means to turn miclone culture against them in some fashion.
I'm quite interested in this as well. If you want, I could help you smooth out some of the rough edges to whatever ideas you have. Just PM me about it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Fritz Ashlyn

Attomoku wrote:As for the concern about having nothing but OP M9's running around...
I can't be the only person interested in playing a character that operates mainly on foot.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:
Attomoku wrote:As for the concern about having nothing but OP M9's running around...
I can't be the only person interested in playing a character that operates mainly on foot.
Man I sure as hell want to try playing on foot!

And Blind_dead_Mcjones...why don't you post in tftf???? <3
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
blind_dead_mcjones

true ture, runnign about on foot playing hide and seek with giant armslaves does sound fun...
Wingnut wrote:I'm quite interested in this as well. If you want, I could help you smooth out some of the rough edges to whatever ideas you have. Just PM me about it.
that help would greatly be appreciated,
Wedge14 wrote: And Blind_dead_Mcjones...why don't you post in tftf???? <3
that would be because i'm the only non NPC out of 3 on the balrampur and ashoka, who controls the other 2, has dropped off of the radar for over a month leaving me on my lonesome essentially chasing my tail on the ship unable to contribute meaningfully which is beyond irritating to no end
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

Ya know, I always thought a sort of Fallout RPG would be fun. But instead of setting it in the US, why not explore Asia or Europe? Power Armors of course would not be like the Bethesda kind but more on par with something like Mospeda and the Legioss mecha as they were meant to be.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

The Big Zabowski wrote:more on par with something like Mospeda and the Legioss mecha as they were meant to be.
doesn't that completely undermine the 50's theme that is central to fallout though?
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

Can we get more general theme? I don't think other people myself included really know about FMP, Mospeda or Fallout. So instead of going deeper into smaller segment why don't we make it more general. I'm into more popular stuff like another Gundam or Code Geass. :oops:
King Monkey

Tangerine wrote:Can we get more general theme? I don't think other people myself included really know about FMP, Mospeda or Fallout. So instead of going deeper into smaller segment why don't we make it more general. I'm into more popular stuff like another Gundam or Code Geass. :oops:
Just because it's not something you like doesn't make it not popular. I've never seen an episode of Code Geass, but I know several people who've played through every Fallout game. For that matter, I've seen pretty much every Macross created.

And, btw, if you don't like the options presented, you can always present your own. Or if you don't like an option, just don't vote for it when the time comes.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Wedge14

If it was up to me i wouldn't even let you guys talk about stuff that wasn't UC or G gundam!

HA HA :mrgreen:

I had thoughts about a year ago about making a mecha rpg set in a post apocalyptic world. (Original I know) The mecha wouldn't be very big, and would actually be pretty hodge podge made out of anything the surviving people could get their hands on. There would of been other vehicles too. I dunno it was pretty much madmax but with like votoms sized mechas.

Thats about all I got not much of a storyline from what i remember but i thought the idea would be cool! 8)

Fritz Ashlyn

Hey Imperial (or anybody else), are you working on an idea for a Turn-A game? Official submissions start later this week and since there seems to be a little interest, if nobody is putting together a CC idea I was thinking about writing up a short proposal. It'll be like the other one I posted in that I will by no means GM it though, so somebody will have to volunteer.

I will say beforehand that I've only seen 2 episodes of Turn-A so if there's someone here that can do it better, please do so by all means.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:
The Big Zabowski wrote:more on par with something like Mospeda and the Legioss mecha as they were meant to be.
doesn't that completely undermine the 50's theme that is central to fallout though?
Not really when they scaled down the size of the power armors in the later games. If you look up the early games they're about the scale of Mospeda armor, and I didn't mean to literally inject Legioss and stuff, but to have the armor be more the 'tank supplement/replacement' that it was and not just a suit of armor.

And those of you that are unfamiliar with Fallout, think retro-futurism taken literally and the Cuban missile crisis happened in 2077. Laser guns, rifles, portable nukes..\

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
wonton bob

can't wait to see what's up to vote for...I like the aliens story and would like to see how the dungeon master style game would work out.
As for a Macross/robotech RPG, I think the "malcontent uprising" era from the manga would better fit in an rpg.

"oooOOOOoooooHHHhhhOOOOOOoooHHHH"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
mcred23

Alright folks, submission time has officially begun.

As it's mentioned in the rules, what you have to do to officially submit the RPG is PM it to me inside the Code tags. Anything that you want to appear in the poll needs to be inside those tags, as I'll be coping and pasting those into the poll thread. If for some reason you need or want to resend your idea, like you had typos or something, please make it clear in the PM subject or outside the Code tags that you're sending a new version, as I'll delete the old one. As always, I'll be posting a list of people who send ideas to me. At first that'll just be edited into this post, but later on I'll make new posts for that so everyone knows what's what. If you need an idea on how your submission should look, just check the previous RPG polls.

The deadline for submissions to be in my Inbox is 11:59 PM EST this Monday (June 28th). At that time, this thread gets locked and I'll be starting the poll with the submissions that have been sent to me.

Also, please note that I assume whoever sends me the submission is going to be the GM for that RPG, should it be selected. If you wish to submit an idea, but have no interest in being the GM, please clearly say so in the PM (It can be in the subject or outside the Code tags or wherever).

That covers everything I can think of. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

(Cue Trinary Theme Song)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
mcred23

Just so everyone knows, I've gotten PMs from the following people.

Fritz Ashlyn
Attomoku

Those of you who haven't sent me your PM yet still have about a day and a half, and I may end up extending the deadline a day or so depending on how many I've gotten by tomorrow. So those who are going to send something, please do so, and those who like other peoples' ideas, start bugging them to do so. :mrgreen:

Tangerine

King Monkey wrote:
Tangerine wrote:Can we get more general theme? I don't think other people myself included really know about FMP, Mospeda or Fallout. So instead of going deeper into smaller segment why don't we make it more general. I'm into more popular stuff like another Gundam or Code Geass. :oops:
Just because it's not something you like doesn't make it not popular. I've never seen an episode of Code Geass, but I know several people who've played through every Fallout game. For that matter, I've seen pretty much every Macross created.

And, btw, if you don't like the options presented, you can always present your own. Or if you don't like an option, just don't vote for it when the time comes.
Hi there,

I actually never mentioned "I like" in that post. Just that I know because it's well.. popular. I mean it's everywhere even if you don't watch it u know it's there from tv ads, magazine, manga brocures, etcetera. It's different from Mospeda/ Fallout. Even today I don't think I could find a friend of mine who know about them. Not so with HALO, even I who never play it and don't even own a console know about the game.

I guess I'm trying to remind you guys that you'll have a hard time finding more ppl who wanted to play about stuff they hardly know about.

LOL, thanks for the advice tho. I don't think I want to be a GM. Playing one RPG is fun, playing two is a burden, and being a GM is probably like a part-time-job. I rather have not. :oops:
Wedge14

I'm about to sneak in a righteous submission before the deadline. Get your palms as close to your faces as possible for this one!

mcred23

Wedge14 wrote:I'm about to sneak in a righteous submission before the deadline. Get your palms as close to your faces as possible for this one!
:lol:

Anyway, I'm going to extend the deadline another 24 hours in the hopes that we can get another idea or two to better round out the poll. So the new deadline to get in any submissions is 11:59 PM EST Tuesday, June 29th. After that, the poll will go up and likely run till Saturday or Sunday, depending on how close it is.

(Cue heavy metal version of Trinary Theme Song)

DAG101

Probably too late to discuss this, and I'm not sure if it would work, but...a Gurren Lagann RPG? No idea what the story would be, just pitching a basic idea.
mcred23

And time to get any submissions in is closed. We only got three, but that is what we are going with. The poll will be up shortly.