awesome REMOVED MECHA game finally in english! COSMICBREAK

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mattcos

awesome REMOVED MECHA game finally in english! COSMICBREAK

Hi guys,
Cosmicbreak the Mecha MMO shooter is finally available in open beta here!

Just got the news they offer free robots items for first users!
Check out the utube video and copied and pasted their news!

The first English trailer for CosmicBreak was released today at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ld63IkBZ8c

The first 2,000 players to sign up can get a limited edition Gold Metallic Zero Saber robot for free. Get the chance to start the game with this hard-to-get and super-powerful combat capacities robot!
Turinu

Re: awesome Japanese MECHA game finally in english! COSMICBREAK

There's also beta keys for more mecha on mmosite.com and mmorpg.com. :o
Outlaw

Wow, I remember discussing this one before. Honestly, I never thought it would land stateside but I'm happy to be wrong. I always loved the epic levels of customization.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Mu La Flaga

Actually looks kind of interesting that one does.
Bonesy!

Ignoring the topic starter being a probable spambot:

I am really geared up for this, I used to play the Japanese version a bit. I went and got all five of the event keys already!
NastyNate

Huh i hope a 2007 vista machine can handle it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Bonesy!

the system requirements are rather low
Turinu

Bonesy! wrote:Ignoring the topic starter being a probable spambot:

I am really geared up for this, I used to play the Japanese version a bit. I went and got all five of the event keys already!
Lol, you too? I got all five event keys and the Zero Saber GOLD for registering through that youtube link. However the event keys are duplicates; the only event robots they were giving out apparently were Saggitary Maxis II GOLD and Mighty Byne GOLD, so we might get doubles or even triples of the same one. :o

At the very least, I've confirmed two of the keys to be a Saggitary Maxis II GOLD and one a Mighty Byne GOLD; the other two I have listed down as unknowns.
CidHighwind

Looks like the writers for Zero Wing are working on this one, not only is there "For Great Justice!" in the trailer, but this from the website's tutorial:
Here, by entering a chat input window, and chat instantly switch the input mode, introduced a useful application that can be friends.
Wow. You got that?
Outlaw

Oh yes there is a little engrish here and there but so far it's a pretty enjoyable game. As advertised the customization options are drool worthy (two words: polygon edit).
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
CidHighwind

Outlaw wrote:Oh yes there is a little engrish here and there but so far it's a pretty enjoyable game. As advertised the customization options are drool worthy (two words: polygon edit).
Yeah. I tried it last night, and it isnt really all that bad. Graphics and gameplay are really simple, but the customization is pretty advanced. Not Armored Core advanced, but enough to keep you busy. My biggest gripe is the lagginess of the controls, it IS however, a beta that only started a few days ago. It may smooth out. Engrish is nearly as bad in-game as it is in the website. Some mecha seem to lack buyable parts entirely. The game balance probably will get jilted toward certain playstyles heavily, too.
Turinu

Wish they had some skin templates hanging around. I find it really annoying trying to make a skin for my robots. At the very least, I wish it'd let you export the UV so you can put a layer of the UV's over the actual skin so you can see where it folds and where it ends.

If anyone wants to get together and PVP, Quest or do a mission, my name in the game is Turinu. Feel free to send a friend request.
Outlaw

CidHighwind wrote:Yeah. I tried it last night, and it isnt really all that bad. Graphics and gameplay are really simple, but the customization is pretty advanced. Not Armored Core advanced, but enough to keep you busy. My biggest gripe is the lagginess of the controls, it IS however, a beta that only started a few days ago. It may smooth out. Engrish is nearly as bad in-game as it is in the website. Some mecha seem to lack buyable parts entirely. The game balance probably will get jilted toward certain playstyles heavily, too.
Strange, the controls have been pretty spot on with me and I even hooked up my USB controller to play it. I haven't played long enough to figure what the dominant play style would be so I won't hazard a guess at that. I've heard some rumors that the "retail" version is going to be cash heavy so I'll wait and see there. All things considered I'm having a good time with it so I'll probably keep playing the beta(s). If you're online and you spot Cyke that's probably me.
CidHighwind

Yeah, I have a feeling that the Rts or Star Coins are going to be purchased with real money, with the actual game being free, like many asian MMO-type games lately. Perhaps even the actual cash, because it never seems you can get enough to do what you need to do.
Bonesy!

If it's anything like the Japanese version, yes. Worse about it than most MMOs with that system, too.
Turinu

So long as things like the Garapon continue to work with basic in-game money, I'll be happy. So far I don't think I've done anything that would require the use of real money.
unclle

i can just imagine what the lag would be like, by looking at it it reminds me of SD Gundam online but the customization of parts looks cool, but i will have to give it a go before i can say anything more.
Turinu

The lag isn't too bad, but happens frequently. It's like everything continues to move but you stop doing damage to it, then a second later the lag stops and you're dead from being mobbed by random enemies during the lag spike. >_>

They're apparently working on this issue, though.
CidHighwind

Shori wrote:The lag isn't too bad, but happens frequently. It's like everything continues to move but you stop doing damage to it, then a second later the lag stops and you're dead from being mobbed by random enemies during the lag spike. >_>

They're apparently working on this issue, though.
Well, its an Open Beta, AKA a stress test. Its not to work out the software bugs out so much as to test the server hardware with as many players as possible.
Turinu

So, an Update came out for Cosmic Break today. They set up a new Garapon, got rid of Channel 3, and put up a bunch of new goodies. Liking this Scythe weapon from Misty Hollow, and diggin' the Oar Edge. Still not getting anything worthwhile from the Garapon though; I want those arms from the Cross Raptor X. :<