Ep. 054 - I Am Gundamn!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Re: Ep. 054 - I Am Gundamn!

Amuro Ray of v wrote:
What is worse

Season 2 of 00, Batman & Robin, or Catwoman. :D
Shadow Chronicles
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
jcncasval76

hawk of endymion wrote:
Amuro Ray of v wrote:
What is worse

Shadow Chronicles
I have no argument there, Neo. At least B&R still has some sort of plots, that was quite horrific. Of course, there's always M.D. Geist.

What is worse, Shadow Chronicles or M.D. Geist? :lol:
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote:
Amuro Ray of v wrote:
What is worse

Shadow Chronicles
G-Saviour ..................sorry Peter
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Amuro Ray of v

jcncasval76 wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:
Amuro Ray of v wrote:
What is worse

Shadow Chronicles
I have no argument there, Neo. At least B&R still has some sort of plots, that was quite horrific. Of course, there's always M.D. Geist.

What is worse, Shadow Chronicles or M.D. Geist? :lol:
Give me M.D. Geist, at least I know I am not supporting Shadow Chronicles. At least M.D. Geist looks good.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
bertman4

Re: Iron Man 2, I agree with Soul Bro that the pacing was off.

The main problem I had was that there was not enough Robert Downey in the film. Having two villains takes time away from Tony Stark. Having a new assistant with her own action sequence takes time away from Tony Stark. Sure the audience needs to know what the villains are doing, but too much time was spent with Justin Hammer and Ivan Vanko. And as much as I enjoyed Sam Rockwell's performance impersonating Steven Ballmer's dance routine, it was too long.

What made the first film such a gripping story was the humanity of Tony Stark, how he changed from a self absorbed individual to a hero. The basic premise in many Marvel heroes is that with great power comes great responsibility. The first film captured this perfectly. The second film, not so much.

I also had some problems with the rather short and flippant way they redeemed Howard Stark and his relationship with the senior Vanko. Basically Nick Fury explained in one line that senior Vanko was going to sell out senior Stark so Stark had him deported. Kind of meh.

There was plenty of action, in fact too much action at the end. For a full out battle with bullets flying everywhere and cars and stuff blowing up, very few people got hurt. Sure they movie was PG-13 but come on, that's lame. It would have been more dramatic if people were getting killed and Tony felt guilty for their deaths. It would have been a perfect continuation of how he felt in the first movie, saving those who are in harm’s way. Instead he’s got an army of blood-less and soul-less machines to destroy.

As much as I enjoyed Iron Man 2, it’s not Iron Man. I’m hoping they bring back the focus to Tony Stark in Iron Man 3. As for villains, I think a continuation of Armor Wars based story makes sense, now that his arc reactor technology is out there. Titanium Man is possible but probably would need a background change since the Soviet Union no longer exists (maybe Chinese?). I’d like to see Ghost as a minor villain, a corporate espionage agent trying to steal Stark Industries secrets and perhaps combine him with Spymaster. Tying into the SHIELD stories, Hydra and MODOK could be villains as well. You could also tie into Avenger’s story and have Ultron, created by Henry Pym, as a villain.
jcncasval76

i should have added G-Savior into that question as well, thanks Jabman ....
so let me revise that question:

what is worse, Wild Wild West (starring Will Smith), Shadow Chronicles, M.D. Geist, or G-Savior?
Last edited by jcncasval76 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
jcncasval76

bertman4 wrote: There was plenty of action, in fact too much action at the end. For a full out battle with bullets flying everywhere and cars and stuff blowing up, very few people got hurt. Sure they movie was PG-13 but come on, that's lame. It would have been more dramatic if people were getting killed and Tony felt guilty for their deaths. It would have been a perfect continuation of how he felt in the first movie, saving those who are in harm’s way. Instead he’s got an army of blood-less and soul-less machines to destroy.
That's what happened when movie studios pushed the writer & director too hard, because John Favreau could have taken that route but Paramount must have had a final say to that matter, so that's what we got at the end. I just hope i'll get the time to watch it in theatre before I had to wait for the DVD to come up.

Just one thing about movie DVD, let me just mention that you might as well getting the special edition instead of just the regular edition. It has all the footages from behind the scenes, including director & actor commentaries, background of characters, and even trailers. At least that's what I have done. The choice is yours, however.
kayone73

Just realized that Neo & Chris are modern Iron Man Nostradamuses (Nostradamii?) when it came to certain predictions,

take in this podcast from timestamp 1:27:46

Neo: because I don't know what's going to be left of that house in Iron Man 3

Chris: That house has gone thru so much abuse in the last two movies, since its on the top of a mountain, I think at some point in Iron Man 3 it's going to end up falling down the side of that mountain.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

kayone73 wrote:Just realized that Neo & Chris are modern Iron Man Nostradamuses (Nostradamii?) when it came to certain predictions,

take in this podcast from timestamp 1:27:46

Neo: because I don't know what's going to be left of that house in Iron Man 3

Chris: That house has gone thru so much abuse in the last two movies, since its on the top of a mountain, I think at some point in Iron Man 3 it's going to end up falling down the side of that mountain.
A lot of our predictions have come true.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke