Super Robot Wars series discussion thread

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mattokaiser

Re: Super Robot Wars series(New SRW game announced)

I want to try out Alpha 2 because I really like some of the series in it that don't appear in Alpha 3 like Brain Powerd and Crossbone gundam. Though I have heard from a few people that the Squad system in it is overly complicated and detracts a bit from the overall game. What would say about that? Is it much different to Alpha 3?

Before playing AP I was playing through SRW J for a few weeks. It's still one of my fave SRW. Theres never a shortage of units I want to try out and I really like the originals in the game. I can't wait for them to appear in an OG game. Hopefully in the not too distant future OG 3 will be announced.

Also now that Lord of the Elementals is out, has anyone here bought it? If you have what are you're impressions of it?
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
Bonesy!

alpha 2 and three have the same squad system, it's only slightly more complicated and not as diverse as Z's

Z had the three formations and whatnot, alpha 2 and 3 just have "stick a bunch of units together, each has a different size, all you can do is support with platoon attacks"

hilariously, I'm just finishing up stage 9 on arad's route on alpha 2, I might go play some more Z in a bit
Mu La Flaga

For super robot wars related stuff.
I would like to see a few new series show up.

Code Geass
Macross Frontier
Heroic Age

And probably a few other old favs of mine like GaoGaiGar.
I would also alternatively like to see Brave Express Might Gaine show up in a SRW maybe.
That and some older UC stuff if Gundam Unicorn goes in one day.
Not to mention if they put CE back in again, SEED and SEED Destiny in one whole storyline broken up in 2 parts of the whole game.

Obviously it would have to be a big SRW game to accomodate that.
Hopefully on a PS3 system they would be able to do all of that and more in future.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Mu La Flaga wrote:Not to mention if they put CE back in again, SEED and SEED Destiny in one whole storyline broken up in 2 parts of the whole game.

Obviously it would have to be a big SRW game to accomodate that.
That or pull a W and have a timeskip in the middle of the game.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

if they put CE back in again, SEED and SEED Destiny in one whole storyline broken up in 2 parts of the whole game.
That would be made of win. Heck, I actually do see that being possible, but not without eliminating gundams from other timelines.
Code Geass
Macross Frontier
Heroic Age
I haven't seen Heroic Age, but CG and MF would fit in nicely. Others I'd personally would like to see are Gundam 00, Diebuster, Gurren Lagann, and Macross Zero. I can tell they'll will eventually put in Rebuild of Evangelion and Shin Mazinger Z. It is a real shame New Getter Robo got next to nothing when it appeared in NEO, we only get Shin Getter, one of it's oni, and Abe; would it have been difficult to at least add a second or third oni to the mix? Maybe next time NGR gets in they'll give it more justice and put in the Four Heavenly Kings simply because they'd make really good bosses.
Mu La Flaga

I actually forgot Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann.

Although if Gundam 00 and Code Geass are in a game, they should go alongside with say Full Metal Panic.

Heroic Age I would like to see for simple reasons, that they remmind of the EVAs alot, that and the grunt mechs and the battleship in the series were rather cool.
So it might kind of work or it might not, not sure on that.

As for Might Gaine, I just think the setting of it would work, even though they don't go in to space or stuff, got like 2-3 combining robot teams.

Got the 2 main robots Maito uses and all that stuff also.
Could work.
Mattokaiser

DuelGundam2099 wrote: That would be made of win. Heck, I actually do see that being possible, but not without eliminating gundams from other timelines.
Actually I don't think that would have to be the case. UC series like MSG and Zeta could fit in well with this time shift too and also would also compliment seed and seed destiny well. Not to mention shows like Layzner and Gundam 00 that actually have a timeshift mid series would do well too. I really like this idea and would like to see Terada use this plot device again.

Other SRW plot devices i really liked were the two planets in K and the Dual dimensions/worlds in Z. Both are brilliant ways to fit in series that wouldn't be able to fit in normally due to their setting such as Gundam X, Xabungle, Shin getter robo armageddon, Eureka 7, Gun X Sword etc. Also with the dual worlds idea would suit the Rahxephon movie really well too.

I also really want Macross Frontier and gundam 00 to make it into a future SRW. Both i think are shoe ins anyway but its more of a time thing. Since it takes roughly around 2 years after a show has finished for a game to be announced with that series in it. Also with Frontiers setting I've been having trouble thinking of ways to fit it in while keeping the earth based shows around. I supposed it could be done like Macross 7 in @3.

Other shows that I would like to see appear in a Future SRW would be: Votoms, Bubblegum crisis, Gurren Lagann. That's all i can think of off the top of my head for new entries but for returning series i would love to see: Gundam X, Rahxephon, New Getter Robo, Mazinkaiser, Aquarion, Eureka 7, Nadesico, Zeta gundam, UC gundam ovas, G Gundam, Macross, Full Metal Panic, Godannar, Gun X Sword, Shin Jeeg and Neo Gaiking.
Mu La Flaga

Time shift ideas again could work for series like Code Geass from season 1 to R2 and Full Metal Panic to Full Metal Panic the 2nd Raid.

So time skip ideas do seem like a great way to do things, even with UC Gundam, which could lead up to a point through MSG briefly, through Zeta and CCA and then Unicorn or maybe even skipping ZZ Gundam and CCA alternatively.

It would obviously even work for 00.
Or say GaoGaiGar if they got put in a SRW game again, between the events of the tv series and FINAL.
Bonesy!

oogh don't marathon 8 stages of OG2 on OGs when your eyes hurt

on the plus side, I've covered all of the secret stuff I can except for stuff that's coming up
Mattokaiser

Well the Time shift idea could work out well for a lot of shows that have sequal series set half a year onwards after the end of the series. Also shows like Tekkaman Blade and Layzner that have a time shift in the middle of the series can be easilly fit into a game like that. I was also thinking about how to fit in shows that don't have a time shift. One example I found was with Rahxephon. The show has tokyo jupiter, a dimensional barrier that has a slower time rate than the outside world. In the series Ayato goes back to Tokyo Jupiter, and at that point the time shift can occur and when he comes back out it can be after the time shift. It also gives a chance to reintroduce him and the rahxephon back into the team whenever the game requires it. Just an interesting idea i had.

I was also thinking that Code Geass and Zeta gundam would go well together. And that the Damocoles *sp?* could be used to replace the colony laser of Gryps 2 in the Zeta final battle. Also I think there would be several places in the Code Geass where Newtype intuition would come in handy. Both of these series could very nicely complement each other.

Also I'd really like to see bubblegum crisis make it into a SRW. After seeing Megazone 23 make it into SRW D, I'm confident that a cyber punk show like Bubblegum Crisis could also be adapted to an SRW. Though i think it would go well with other series that have a major theme of rebellion against a greater power, so series like Code Geass, Gundam 00, Zeta gundam would all be great candidates. Even Gundam Seed Destiny if you were to follow it from Kira's perspective.

Also I was talking to Mu about this the other day but I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas as to why shows like Gasaraki or Votoms haven't made their way into an SRW? It's something I have been curious about.
Mu La Flaga

Well apart from that and discussing in depth I did brainstorm on some ideas and stuff also.

For instance if Char's Counter Attack played out in a future SRW, unlike Alpha 2 and having Char die.
You could have Full Frontal or another Char clone before Full Frontal, take the spot of Neo Zeon's leader and maybe or maybe not have Char in his Sazabbi fight Full Frontal in the Sinanju.
Or Char could be piloting Hyaku Shiki or upgrade it to the custom version or something like that.

I mean it's pretty easy to imagine since they made so many Puru clones in ZZ, which is also another thing if you included ZZ, well Puru and Puru Two would encounter the older version of themselves.

Also other things had in mind during things was like 00 season 2 A-Laws and the Titans being linked ect, likewise with Blue Cosmos/LOGOs, they did that in Alpha 3 actually for the later part.

So we've had some thoughts and chats on MSN ect.
I also thinking Gasaraki would go well alongside Full Metal Panic and all that also.

So there is alot of ideas Banpresto could maybe use for a game with the newer and older series they haven't thrown in to a SRW game yet.
hitokirigarou

F Final
Shin
Alpha Gaiden
Alpha 2
Alpha 3
Impact
MX
Z
A
R
D
J
W
K
OG1
OG2
OGs
OG Gaiden
Masou Kishin DS
SC
SC2
Endless Frontier
Gakuen

I finished all the SRW games I've played with the exception of F Final and Shin.

So far, the one I enjoyed the most is Alpha 3.
Mu La Flaga

I also forgot one of my other ideas was as I said to Mattokaiser.

After MSG is over and all, you get the Albion as your new battleship, since White Base gets sacrificed like in the tv series and movies.

Which to me would make things more so awesome in that sense as well, as getting an upgraded version of the Pegasus class ship.
And Bright thinking.
"I want a ship like that" :P
DuelGundam2099

Re: Super Robot Wars series

Mass bumpage for Mu and anyone else who's been wanting to post here.

And on that note I think some info has to be dug up about the originals from Neo because lets be honest the main site hasn't done anything with it or SRW Game Cube and Gates of Magnus has been out since after the release of K. There's not even a real list of abilities or pictures for them, so anyone want to help get some stuff? I did, after an aching process, acquired the names of all the Neo originals:

-Sigzarl
-Sigzarius
-Ionia
-Mervellie
-Alshigunos
-Sigkaras
-Larva
-Penpadan
-Debajino
-Debajino Beta
-Breukermia
-Slave Arrow
-Slave Hammer
-Slave Cannon
-Slave Gran
-Slave Fly

Think the site admins will accept in game pics or can the actual models be found? I also have a bunch of questions regarding abilities, but I'll do that later.
Bonesy!

I really wanna check out Impact but I'm so hell-bent on finishing MX first. I might break down and play it a bit, though.
hitokirigarou

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Sigzarl
Schicksal. It's the German word for fate or destiny.
hitokirigarou

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1388/srwcanthave.jpg

Not sure if this is real. Supposedly, this is an article in Famitsu showing some (anime, live action and video game) mecha series that won't make it to an SRW game.

Some of the series from that article:
Tetsujin 28
Magma Taishi
Dai-Guard
Granzort
Transformers
Red Baron
Zyuranger
Abaranger
Dagwon
Front Mission
Armored Core
Sakura Taisen
Lost Planet
Shirokishi Monogatari
DuelGundam2099

Wow, real shame, I was actually kinda curious to see Dai Guard. Ah well. As for Red Baron......... That's actually not a surprise really. :lol: But if that's the case maybe they could have Iron King! :P
AmuroNT1

Actually, I have to point out that they specifically cite the "Bayformers" film series. And also, that's not Zyuranger they're talking about - it's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9123 ... 197382.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4552/1289944280066.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/858/ ... 335570.jpg
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9792 ... 413856.jpg

I have no clue WHY they represented Billy with Kidd from Yakitate Japan, or Jason with one of the Gaijin 4koma "Reaction Guys".
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mu La Flaga

I remember seeing this same thing on gamefaq's boards recently, needless to say it's interesting they kind of put out a small list of things they wont ever use though :P