General Feedback Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Amuro Ray of v

Re: General Feedback Thread Mark II

AnimeMun wrote:
Amuro Ray of v wrote:
Gundamium Alloy wrote:I hope this post is in the right location. Was hoping you guys could do a show that included a segment about Gundam collectibles. For instance, model kits/action figures, or anything else Gundam. You could discuss, the various kinds of Gundam model kits (no grade, HG, MG, PG). What for example, are the pros and cons of certain grades and or kits, favorite kits, etc. How to display your collections (bookshelves, glass cabinets, kits displayed on model stands or not, etc. Whether or not people paint their kits and how, types of materials used, etc. Thanks for your time.

Great show by the way!
I like this idea, I been wanting to get a MG of the NU Gundam, I would like to hear the ways to aviod any mishaps when paying the NU.
I had the No Grade Nu a few years back, if the MG is in anyway similar there should be some metal joints or at least some screws involved, the easiest part to mess up though is actually the leg joints I messed up on these a few times. But anyway this is getting off topic isn't it? I'm sorry. Regardless I've been lovin' how things have been going with the podcast.
Thank you for telling me that, I didn't want to mess up on the NU when I got it. Thanks.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
jroy1117

In honor of a certain troll that randomly slips in to cause chaos, I present a very scientific study on the matter.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-2724-trolls/

great job btw. ;)
I Want You for the War on: U.C. Puritans, Wing Jihadists, and Seed Zealots.

"Veni, vidi, Deus Vicit"
Mu La Flaga

Just making a post, a recent new listener to your podcast and enjoying it.
Neo you and Chris seem to torture Soul Bro Ryu with your humor at times, like in episode 28 is one example. :mrgreen:

Anyway curious to see what other series you do over time.
Also on episode 28, I remember Soul Bro Ryo saying he wanted to get hold of Brad Swaile and all that.
So if he reads this, I can most definetely help with that(it's a long, but simple story lol)
Amuro Ray of v

I had just relisten to all of the Gundamn eps and I like them, the last two years are very well done in terms of you guys giving us well informed info and reviews of most of the mainsteam mecha animes. But I think you might do well to talk about other mecha animes, in short my main hope is to see more topics on not so well know shows, and maybe some topics that are more scifi anime based than mecha based (even if I know this is a Mecha Podcast). This is just some honest thinking from a good fan. Keep up the good work guys.
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Amuro Ray of v wrote:I had just relisten to all of the Gundamn eps and I like them, the last two years are very well done in terms of you guys giving us well informed info and reviews of most of the mainsteam mecha animes. But I think you might do well to talk about other mecha animes, in short my main hope is to see more topics on not so well know shows, and maybe some topics that are more scifi anime based than mecha based (even if I know this is a Mecha Podcast). This is just some honest thinking from a good fan. Keep up the good work guys.
Yes, for once, we start a year without any left overs from the previous. I know in 2010, the first part of the year we'll be doing more topical discussions. Later on in the year, we will do some more roundups and reviews of shows(mecha/sci-fi).

Actually the first episode of 2010, deals with a show that is not even mecha related.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I just listened to Neo's participation at Anime Addicts Anonymous. I think he did a great job. Those fellows seem a little boring on their own, and should probably use some background music. I like the opening theme they used though. It seems the folks at Gundamn! are used to having much more fun, as whenever Neo cracked a joke the other hosts seemed to be like deer in headlights. Didn't see that coming, did ya?! :P
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
NastyNate

Hey just a thought about unicorn that you guys i think missed in the segement. the part about federation who saved mirnava and the two kids that had a phsyco frame bracelet mirneva saw it too.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
RHX-066 Spartan

Oh fetch, I have so much fetchin' Gundamn to catch up on. The last Gundamn episode I downloaded is episode 11!
Amuro Ray of v

Based from the beginning to now ep 50, you guys have been going into many topics and great podcasting. Its good to get some scfi, mecha, old and new school anime all around.

Keep up the great work and keep everything going.
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hey I'm trying to catch up on Gundamn! and I'm not finding the 00 halftime report. Did you guys end up not doing that after all?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Hey i think it would be a great idea for you guys to make a facebook page for gundamn and mahq to promote the site and podcast. I know a few gundam fans that have never heard of any of this and if there was a facebook page we could send them a suggestion to be a fan!
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Amuro Ray of v

This just cross my mind, but if it is possible, please let us know what you might be covering in the next eps as much as you can, that way we as your fans can look up the things you will be covering, that way we can follow in terms of the subject when your guys give you insight into the subject.
Last edited by Amuro Ray of v on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
jcncasval76

Amuro Ray of v wrote:This just cross my mind, but if it is possible, please let us know what you might be covering in the next eps as much as you can, that way we as your fans can look up the things you will be covering, that way we can follow in terms of the subject when you guys give you insight into the subject.
Dollow, I wonder if you are referring to the "promo for the next episode" a year or two ago, that was brilliant. I wonder would that be brought back in the near futrue?
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
jcncasval76

NastyNate wrote:Hey i think it would be a great idea for you guys to make a facebook page for gundamn and mahq to promote the site and podcast. I know a few gundam fans that have never heard of any of this and if there was a facebook page we could send them a suggestion to be a fan!
Chris, Adam, wasn't that idea been done already on Facebook called "Gundamn at MAHQ"?
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Amuro Ray of v

jcncasval76 wrote:
Amuro Ray of v wrote:This just cross my mind, but if it is possible, please let us know what you might be covering in the next eps as much as you can, that way we as your fans can look up the things you will be covering, that way we can follow in terms of the subject when you guys give you insight into the subject.
Dollow, I wonder if you are referring to the "promo for the next episode" a year or two ago, that was brilliant. I wonder would that be brought back in the near futrue?
I wasn't referring to the old promos, it would be nice to have them back but I understand that takes a lot of work, I was thinking about something along the lines of Soul Bro, Neo or Chris posting something on Mechatalk or on Gundamn.net to give us a heads up about what in coming in the next show.

That is what I was thinking
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
NastyNate

jcncasval76 wrote:
NastyNate wrote:Hey i think it would be a great idea for you guys to make a facebook page for gundamn and mahq to promote the site and podcast. I know a few gundam fans that have never heard of any of this and if there was a facebook page we could send them a suggestion to be a fan!
Chris, Adam, wasn't that idea been done already on Facebook called "Gundamn at MAHQ"?

Huh sure nuff i searched before and could not find it thanks for the heads up just added it.

You guys should have made it a group though that way you could send invites to your con sessions and stuff but hey it is all good. I will send invites to my friends on facebook too.

Chris
Administrator

Amuro Ray of v wrote:
jcncasval76 wrote:
I wasn't referring to the old promos, it would be nice to have them back but I understand that takes a lot of work, I was thinking about something along the lines of Soul Bro, Neo or Chris posting something on Mechatalk or on Gundamn.net to give us a heads up about what in coming in the next show.

That is what I was thinking
Something like this probably isn't going to happen. Although we have a list of topics that we mine, we generally don't decide what we're specifically going to talk about on an episode until just a couple of days before we record.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amuro Ray of v

Chris wrote: Something like this probably isn't going to happen. Although we have a list of topics that we mine, we generally don't decide what we're specifically going to talk about on an episode until just a couple of days before we record.
In that case would you make a post on twitter after you guys recorded the ep based on what you talk about? Or is that not good either?
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
Chris
Administrator

Amuro Ray of v wrote:
Chris wrote: Something like this probably isn't going to happen. Although we have a list of topics that we mine, we generally don't decide what we're specifically going to talk about on an episode until just a couple of days before we record.
In that case would you make a post on twitter after you guys recorded the ep based on what you talk about? Or is that not good either?
I suppose I could, but really, why is there such a pressing need to know what an episode is going to be about before it's even released? Why not just wait until it comes out? I don't see what the point is.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amuro Ray of v

Chris wrote:
Amuro Ray of v wrote:
I suppose I could, but really, why is there such a pressing need to know what an episode is going to be about before it's even released? Why not just wait until it comes out? I don't see what the point is.
I guess there is not a need beyond knowing what you have for us.

Exmaple, Lets say you were going to talk about Patlabor and you posted that, then we would know what you will talking about and we can get the DVDs to watch and see your view on the show.

It would also let us get hype up for the show that is coming, and it would let us know that one coming soon. I could understand why you would not do that as you may feel tied down to that subject, but you can always post that subject has change.

Its up to you, it seemed like a good idea.
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino