Strike Zero's Mecha Studio : We've got stuff.

The place to share your artwork.
Strike Zero

Re: Strike Zero's Mecha Studio : Back in the game!

Seraphic wrote:Is this Dra-V much bigger than a Dra-C? Maybe it's Neue Ziel size.
Amusing as that sounds, no, the Dra-V is not much bigger than a normal Dra-C. Kinda hard to be nimble and speedy when you're the size of a battleship.

Anyway, I've got something for ya'll -- a little piece I finished up about a week ago.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... pfer-1.jpg

Those of you who know about the Kämpfer and who have seen the similarly-titled but un-related anime Kämpfer should get the reference. :wink:

Also: presenting a new piece completed as per this order from the request thread. You are now picturing it Zero Shift-ing around two-thousand consecutive enemies into the ground while this song plays in the background.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

Strike Zero wrote:Anyway, I've got something for ya'll -- a little piece I finished up about a week ago.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... pfer-1.jpg

Those of you who know about the Kämpfer and who have seen the similarly-titled but un-related anime Kämpfer should get the reference. :wink:
*Saves to MS girl folder.*
:mrgreen:
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

Wingnut wrote:*Saves to MS girl folder.*
:mrgreen:
Hold up, Jetro; you've still gotta pick up the colored version.

Get it while it's hot! =D
Antares

I simply love the confuzzled face on her. :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Strike Zero

Work In Progress

I figured I'd have her finished before the end of the day, but the touching-up ended up taking a lot longer than i figured it would, so I'm saving the rest for tommorow. In the meantime, I figured I'd let y'all have a gander at it so far.

Oh, and a cookie goes to whoever can figure out what exactly she's supposed to be.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

damn.... quick hide it so Sera doesn't see it till it's complete. very well done. Idea: remember how when Zero opens it's wings like that in EW the feathers falling across the view? you could do something like that with the shields planet defensors.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

...More fanart! WTF is going on?! D:

Asides from the girly parts, I'd say you have the most accurate depiction so far. Crash didn't even try, lol. (Just yankin' your chain, crash.)

It's real pretty. =3 But yeah, you notice that touching up is basically the most difficult thing when it comes to my designs. All the friggin' geometry and panel lines.... >,>; And the main thing about this design is it takes up so much space. I bet you were close to running off the edges?

Anyway, you forgot to draw in the vent on her right skirt plate, but have it for the left one. =p

Edit: By the way, I think you guys should be signing your artwork. Not a high chance of these designs becoming well known outside of mechatalk, so if people should come across it, they should know it's yours and not assume it's mine simply because that's where the design originated.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Strike Zero

And the main thing about this design is it takes up so much space. I bet you were close to running off the edges?
I did, actually -- the tips of the top-most feathers I ended up having to finish in photoshop.

But anyways, unto more updates:

Now with epic shading! And stuff!

But I'm not finished yet boys and girls, oh no. Stay tuned for even more updates as I finish.
Seraphic wrote:...More fanart! WTF is going on?! D:
I don't know, maybe you're just that good? =P
crashlegacy14

he's just that good.

...crap we might be inflating his ego gotta be careful with that. anyway nice progress. you've got some bleed over on the legs
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Strike Zero

"A Gundam is not a God...dess?""

Well, that certainly finished a lot quicker than I expected it to. I'm certain there are a few off details that I couldn't be bothered to notice at the time, but I'm satisifed with how the glow-y effects came out, so whatever.

Now all Seraph needs to do is design a re-designed Epyon and I can draw two mecha-musume version of them locked in some sort of epic mortal kombat.

I think.

Maybe.

I don't know.
Last edited by Strike Zero on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
crashlegacy14

Strike Zero wrote:"A Gundam is not a God...ess?""

Well, that certainly finished a lot quicker than I expected it to. I'm certain there are a few off details that I couldn't be bothered to notice at the time, but I'm satisifed with how the glow-y effects came out, so whatever.
great job! that is really good.
Strike Zero wrote: Now all Seraph needs to do is design a re-designed Epyon and I can draw two mecha-musume version of them locked in some sort of epic mortal kombat
In some epic sensually suggestive kombat pose right?
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Turinu

Not to mention she'd have to have a power cord coming out of her butt connected to her beam saber... (b'.')b

Nicely done, Strike. Keep up the good work. I need to start drawing character-esque portraits soon or my hand-drawing skills will go to waste. :<
SolidSpidr

Whoa, that is one nice mecha musume, great work Strike. Looking at this makes me want to go and work on my Seraphim design some more.
Seraphic wrote:Edit: By the way, I think you guys should be signing your artwork. Not a high chance of these designs becoming well known outside of mechatalk, so if people should come across it, they should know it's yours and not assume it's mine simply because that's where the design originated.
On a side note to that Strike's Kampfer (which by the way is epic) has popped up on Danbooru so it would be a good idea.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Strike Zero

Shori wrote:Not to mention she'd have to have a power cord coming out of her butt connected to her beam saber... (b'.')b
That doesn't strike me as being a particularly bad thing. 8)
SolidSpidr wrote:On a side note to that Strike's Kampfer (which by the way is epic) has popped up on Danbooru so it would be a good idea.
Actually, I myself was the one who put it up there (as if anybody outside of MechaTalk would even bother =P). Thought it would be interesting to see whether or not it would get on there to stay. Sadly, it hasn't happened yet. =(
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I think this came out great. I wish the shading followed the contours of the frame more, but I also like your glow effects. When I do them myself it's always a slow and painful process, and it never looks particularly good.
Strike Zero wrote:Now all Seraph needs to do is design a re-designed Epyon and I can draw two mecha-musume version of them locked in some sort of epic mortal kombat.
Well, I actually did redesign an Epyon a few years ago, but I obviously need to go back and redo it. =/ Wing HY and Epyon do meet in the main story once, but Wing's real counterpart is this one. (Still need to redo its rifle.)
Shori wrote:Not to mention she'd have to have a power cord coming out of her butt connected to her beam saber... (b'.')b
...This reminds me of a particular something...but I shouldn't even mention it around here. I'll avoid that sort of reputation if I can. :roll:

Anyway, before you guys start fooling around more with my designs, at least let me redo the Epyon first. That could be summer or later. And don't draw that Wing/Epyon-tan picture. If anyone's gonna turn my project into "Gundam Wing: the mecha pr0n game" it might as well be me. >_>;
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Adrikan

Just out of curiosity, which mobile suits did you take parts from to make your Spartan Gundam? I think I've identified most of them, but I'm not sure.
Strike Zero

Oh, Jesus, it's been so long I barely even remember anymore, but I'll take a stab at figuring it out.

The head was a partially modified Gaia Gundam head. The shoulders came from the GAT-01A1 Dagger, while the arms are from the Destiny Gundam. The torso and front skirt armor came from the GuAIZ. The side skirt armor came from the Akatsuki. The legs came from the Strike Noir.

That's pretty much it, I think.
Adrikan

I can't believe I missed the GuAIZ parts. Thanks for answering my question, Strike Zero.
Strike Zero

You know what I've discovered today? The geometry of the Valsion's design is really complex and stupid.

You know what else I've discovered? It still looks awesome regardless.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... an-WIP.jpg
Strike Zero

Alright, I need help, men. I can't seem to decide which hairstyle I like more: this one or this one, so I'm leaving the decision up to whoever can most adequately convince me which is best one way or the other.

I hereby await Mechatalk's insightfulness.