Special 009 - The Megacon Contagion 2010!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Re: Special 009 - The Megacon Contagion 2010!

hawk of endymion wrote:I'm a real gamer, not a Street Fighter Tea Bagger.
Last I checked you we're borrowing my Forza 3. Not a fighting game, I might add. If you we're a real gamer, you'd own it.
anubis wrote:Although Soulbro, You really picked the wrong team with street fighter 4. Why you play that garbage game is beyond me. Play blazblue- the superior game.
Don't worry, I rock that game too. BB is a proud part of my collection. When it comes to fighters, most think that my tastes end with Capcom, but it's only that I've been playing Capcom fighters the longest (ever since SF in 1987). I'm a huge SNK junkie as well (AoF, FF, KoF, SamSho, etc), plus there's Arc System Works (GG & BB) and other smaller companies that have made some cool 2-D fighters over the years. Props to Sega for The VF series and Namco for the Soul Calibur series too. (I'm not big on Tekken, though.)
jcncasval76 wrote:I won't change my views on "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.
I'd never ask you to. Guess we'll agree to disagree on that movie, but after they failed on their promise to make a better SF movie, I've go no love for that movie. If it did anything, it brought me to love the SF movie I used to hate: the Raul Julia/JCVD one. It's a Tour De Force compared to the new flick. ^_^
thehod wrote:It was a blast meeting the Gundamn! crew plus Boiwonder and Pedro. I hope to see you guys at Yasumicon.

I think I will go down in the hall of shame for liking G-Savior
Same here, man! Glad to see you can make it out this year! BTW, did you catch that nasty flu during the weekend? It wrecked me after the con was over. ~_~

As for G-Savior, somebody has to. Just like jcncasval76 & The Legend of Chun-Li. ^_^
NastyNate wrote:Loved the segment wish i could drive 10 hours from mobile alabama and join yal! Loved the xbox bashing ps3 rocks! It has 0081 great game!
Sorry you couldn't make it but here's to next year. Bring your Vitamin-C ^_^
BTW, I thought you had a 360 too?
To those who didn't throw me under the bus wrote:
Thanks for the positivity and not bashing my intelligence. It's nice to know I don't annoy everyone.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
jabman025

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
To those who didn't throw me under the bus wrote:
Thanks for the positivity and not bashing my intelligence. It's nice to know I don't annoy everyone.
Your welcome, I got your back
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
jcncasval76

jcncasval76 wrote:I won't change my views on "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.
I'd never ask you to. Guess we'll agree to disagree on that movie, but after they failed on their promise to make a better SF movie, I've go no love for that movie. If it did anything, it brought me to love the SF movie I used to hate: the Raul Julia/JCVD one. It's a Tour De Force compared to the new flick. ^_^

As for G-Savior, somebody has to. Just like jcncasval76 & The Legend of Chun-Li. ^_^
[/quote]

I don't really like G-Savior either, particular the first half of the story bored me to sleep.

But Soul Bro, you should watch the behind the scene look on The Legend of Chun-Li on DVD and find out why they did that. Honestly, while I don't mind about the aesthetics on the original SF, the ENTIRE script and a few character placement is plain wrong. Particularly with many of those hokey dialogues that while it sounded comedic at first, yet they made no sense whatsoever. TLCI is much more like Copland and Taken, it's more character-driven. Did I mention that with so many Asian actresses focus their careers in their respective countries, it's very hard to find a Chinese-American who could play the part - even for an audition (unless it's to Josie Ho, but she played Bison's henchmen). Zhang Ziyi, for instance, was doing 4 movies in 2008 (including Horsemen, Sophia's Revenge, The Founding of a Republic, and Lost for words); Michelle Yeoh, like I have mentioned earlier post, have significantly reduced her role as an actress and more focused on being a talent agent. Tang Wei, who was in the movie Lust, Caution with Tony Leung Chiu-Wai in 2007, had a hard time getting a movie contract around the world for almost 2 years after receiving a major reprimand from China for her protrayal in that movie. Joan Chen, who once co-starred with Sly Stallone in what I considered the worst movie (much worse than TLCI) in Judge Dredd, has made various appearances in China's TV dramas and other movies in recent times, and she's getting too old to play a tough Chun-Li; thus the list of playing Chun-Li is reduced to having Kelly Hu, but lately it's very hard to find her as well with some of her more recent roles on television and other appearances. So what other choice do they have left?

As for the entitlement issue, truth be told, it's not just limited to anime these days. It's now extended to radio talk shows as well, specifically with sports talk show. while it may seems like a lesser extent, from what I have gathered thus far, that very issue had been extended since Jim Rome made that leap a few years back. Along with that, in come with the trolls - in this sense, however, it's called sports hooligans. Those crowds are just as vicious, if not more than the anime trolls. To the point that actually forced a show on Sirius XM at the time called World Soccer Daily to cancel after the host of that show received death threats on Facebook and e-mails. If 4chan is the worst in anime, then sports hooligans are in that same regards. While subject matters is quite different, the damages both of them caused are similar, if not in exact duplicate.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Mu La Flaga

Just to clarify a small point of note for Soul Bro, even though I did bash a little earlier, it was never seriously intended to be hurtful.
In fact it's like one of those joking/mocking things, because sometimes the results that ensue in episodes end up being rather hilliarious.
I mean sure it is Neo or Chris who tend crack the wisecrack lines.
But sometimes the reactions are equally funny.

Just thought it is an important little to leave in here.

I mean a perefect example of what I mean is what happened in this episode when Soul Bro was explaining his story about that guy on 2chan and Trainman and then near the end of the story.
Chris just outright asked "Are you drunk?" just because he was outright lost.

So yeah that should make it pretty clear, I think.
snoops619

That was awesome. So good to here from Austin and Boiwonder again. Great topics as usual. Count me as one of the number who don't question your intelligence, Soul Bro. But you did choose the wrong console...
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
NastyNate

Soul Bro Ryu wrote: Sorry you couldn't make it but here's to next year. Bring your Vitamin-C ^_^
BTW, I thought you had a 360 too?
If i can go next year everyone would know that i'm a gundam fan cuz i would go all out with gundam cosplay (quatre of course!).

But yeah i did have an xbox and loved it but after just a few weeks the disk tray started rattling and it had a brief red ring. I asked everyone i know with a box and just about all of theirs had broke once or twice so i could not take that chance so I took mine back to Wal-mart and got a ps3 with the money.

It is lame cuz i love live, halo and my mobile ops demo. But ps3 is a great system and it is built for gundam fans...Gundam themes, blueray(for unicorn), and 0081. If only xbox did not break for no good reason I mean how can they sell a faulty console like that!
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Furious Rodimus

I thought this episode was awesome! Lots of bantering back and forth between the hosts and audience makes for an entertaining listen! It was cool to hear your ideas about our ideal mecha shows. I really enjoyed the section on cliches and found myself chuckling throughout. Good work guys!
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Arorn0086

ok i seriously need to ask this after this episode... does Soul bro now qualify as "One of Soul bro's Men?" cause everyone seemed to be deliberatly crushing him and his will into the ground this episode :P

on cliches, i dont think theres anything i can add to what you guys said, aside from that the ones i dislike most are "mystery blood coughing illness" and "pink mecha girls". one i do like, which i was introduced to it elsewhere is the red paint job and as Chris said "Everybody loves the loser villan"

i really dont know what to say on the ideal mecha show, as far as it comes to adapting, well there are so much rubbish adaptations out there*cough*spiritswithin*cough* that i cringe whenever they try. its true you get some good ones every once in a while, but its got to the point im not going to expect much, which on the flip side if they prove me wrong, im plesently surprised :D

also i already rambled on enough and i'll end up pulling a Soul Bro be here all day if i go on to the whole fancamps stuff, so i'll just say the whole conflict for praticly the smallest reasons annoy me greatly

ill just finish off saying i enjoyed the show, and that if i ever go to america i need to try and see if i can go to one of these conventions, esspecialy one where Gundamn! are doing a pannel, cause you guys seem to have a blast
"Lockon Stratos, targeted and firing!" - Neil/Lyle Dylandy, Gundam Meister

"Free will is an Illusion"

The Scotsman from Wales

PSN/XBOX: Arorn
jabman025

Arorn0086 wrote:ok i seriously need to ask this after this episode... does Soul bro now qualify as "One of Soul bro's Men?" cause everyone seemed to be deliberatly crushing him and his will into the ground this episode :P
Soul Bro is his own man?..............I do believe we have just caused a time paradox
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Ohmygodiamonfire

Is it wrong that I'm hoping that Soul Bro hates on Moe more in the next Hater's Pannel?
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
Bullet_beast

As for Old vs New Fandom, the only problem I have with new fandom is when they do REALLY unnesesary things.(Like get kicked out of public places while wearing anime memerobilia) Getting tailed by a mall cop because a kid with the same anime tee as you got kicked out the other day isn't fun, actually it pisses me off. so point of this mini rant is: anime fans get your act together, at least while you're wearing anything that lables you as a anime fan.

After my friend("Red Shirt" from this episode) and I heard Soul Bro say this at the convention I convinced him to make this happen
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Is it wrong that I'm hoping that Soul Bro hates on Moe more in the next Hater's Pannel?
It's not wrong at all, and it sounds like it would be hilarious.
Shorty From Scary Movie wrote:Yo, party at Cindy's house! DRUNK WHITE WOMEN FOR EVERYBODY!!!
skyknight

Oh my, even though I am very late in posting this, man, do I ever wish for a chance to go down in the South and meet up with you guys.

With most parts in the segments I do agree with you guys, and gotta say that we are maybe just beginning taking the first steps of the information age, something that technology experts are going to debate. Yes, I never imagine in my childhood that I would be watching shows "on-line" and would be the latest eps from Japan within a couple of days. And yes, it beats watching the bootlegs while I was in Taiwan.

Again, and again, I do hope anime fans of all ages can show some humility with everything. As production for any anime series will take over a year, and someone has to pay the creators and workers that push the anime out to airwave. Granted that I did pay lots of shiny pennies for Gundam Unicorn, I did get a very good product, much better than the first release of Slam Dunk that my bro got several years ago (man, both of us are still piss at Toei for that!).

And I do hope all anime fans at the very least do buy the licensed products they like, instead of bootlegging or using P2P.

Although I am Sony gamer for about a decade, I am totally cool with other guys with their Xbox 360, just don't rub it in. The most important part is whether you spend enough time on your gaming consoles. I'll think I get SUPER SF IV later this summer.
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
jcncasval76

Soul Bro,

In earlier post, I talked about why I enjoyed SF:LCL a lot of than you do, but I forgot to mention why. So here's the biggest factor for that reasoning: I DON'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES, FOR THE MOST PART. I DON'T HAVE A PS3, Wii, or Xbox in my house. Therefore, I am able to focus on the quality of each movie, animated series, and television coming out on DVD, rather than confined to strict fanboyism that you've fell into. Interestingly, I should also mention that a quite disturbing trend in movies that has the likes of Jackie Chan and others been brewing by putting them in movies that they have no business even in it, and when those actors and actresses found out the scripts was not as good as they thought, they went back to Asia and made more films there. Essentially, particularly with Chinese actors and actresses, they see Hollywood as a testing ground, not proving ground. Otherwise, Zhang Ziyi would not have been making more movies in China right now; which also explains that why those talents weren't taking rolls in Hollywood movies these days. If Hollywood keep giving crap roles to them instead of the likes of Katie Holmes and Lindsey Lohan, they might have to resort into investing more and more Asian films instead. Think about that.

Planet JCN
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)