Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

The place to share your artwork.
Outlaw

Re: Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

Cool, used the extended deadline to fix a couple offending lines on my entry.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
tehprognoob

I might actually make this!
WIP!
Cleaning with MSPaint and coloring in Paint.net
By the way, why do MS designers shun MSPaint??? :wink:
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Gardner1701

I honestly don't know...
SolidSpidr

tehprognoob wrote:By the way, why do MS designers shun MSPaint???
Cause its barbaric software? jokes aside its just REALLY basic. Most artists don't want to use it because of that and because their are FREE alternatives (for us cheapos, or pshop for you rich boys) that give you much more power such as the Paint.net your using and which I use as well. When I first started out I used MS Paint so I know how simple it is and how much more you can do with other software.
tehprognoob wrote:Cleaning with MSPaint
lol, for the first page of my art thread I cleaned my drawings in MSPaint. I find it hilarious that someone else uses it for that same function.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Turinu

MS Paint is a glorious program. I use it for minor cleaning and I organize all my parts and piece everything together in there for frankening, before I move it over to ImageReady to do the final cleaning, outlining and coloring. :o

Love for MS Paint. <3
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

I never liked MS paint It felt like trying to write with a sledge hammer.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
tehprognoob

What the ZOINKS?
I meant that purely in the sense of the corny joke! :S

SNT1

Hah, didn't make it! Oh well.

Good luck! I already have a short list of who'd I pick to be the winrar.

Also, MSPaint is awesome
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

SNT1 wrote:Hah, didn't make it! Oh well.

Good luck! I already have a short list of who'd I pick to be the winrar.
Seraphic wrote:In my head I thought a month and a half would be sufficient heads-up for proper planning and time to work, but I guess my personal reasoning and the imaginary land of the internet are different things. I am somewhat weary to know what the voters will say though.

Oh well, Papa Bear knows best. Contest extension to April 4th 11:59pm, central. =o

Limit the April 1st jokes, please.

And yeah, it's sort of stupid to not extend a deadline for something like this. I'm no one's boss or anything, haha.
lol?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
SNT1

Well, that's what I get for not reading the previous page!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
tehprognoob

Re: Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O-Second Submission!!! W00T

2nd Submission:
SVM-02 Union Overflag Desert Model

Specifications:

Unit Type: High maneuverability infantry mobile suit.
Height: 18 meters
Overall weight: 68 metric tons
Equipment: Quad high power plasma rocket jets, defense rod
Armaments: 100 mm linear shotgun, medium carbon/plasma serrated-blade buster sword, stored on back, sonic/plasma dagger X2, stored on forearms
Accommodation: Pilot only, in standard torso cockpit.
History: Before the appearance of Gundam Exia, the Union has grown increasingly concerned with its lack of infantry power. Thus, the idea of a ground-based Flag suit that attacks quickly and maneuvers better than a Tierien came into being. However, with the advent of the Gundam, this project was abandoned in favor of capturing a Gundam.

Seraphic

Less than a day left. Are you ready? Yeah? Are you ready??

Seeing that wantfastcars was the only person I had to disqualify, I think I'll just include him anyway. =/

And for organization's sake, I'm splitting Red Zaku's second entry into this post:
Red Zaku wrote:It was clear to me I needed to go the route of Gundam X for this topic, but what the hell I'll throw in a Leo too! :D

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6528 ... ypeiy0.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2262 ... ctype1.jpg

Model number: EA-06TST
Code name: Leo Tallgeese Spec Type (Leo TST)
Unit type: mobile suit
Manufacturer: OZ (Organization of Zodiac); Earth Alliance
Operator(s): OZ
Rollout: AC 175
First deployment: AC 175
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 16.2 meters
Weight: empty 7.0 metric tons; max gross 10.2 metric tons
Construction: gundanium alloy/titanium alloy
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 1476 kW
Propulsion: Super Vernier thrusters: 2 x 20000 kg, 2 x 2000
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 4.31G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown
Fixed armaments: 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in shield, hand-carried in use; shield, mounted on left shoulder
Optional hand armaments: 105mm rifle, drum-fed, 100 rounds per drum; beam rifle, 20 round charge; "shorty" beam rifle, 20 round charge; bazooka; dober gun, clip-fed

After the rediscovery of the Tallgeese at the colony L5-A0206 the Earth Alliance began research into building a mass production variant. The Leo which had been in service for 19 years was beginning to show signs of it's age and thus the EA set out independent of OZ to build a replacement. Using the highly successful Leo as a base, new thrusters based on the Tallgeese's Super Vernier's were attached to the shoulders of the mobile suit on a quick pivot system. This allowed for nearly the same mobility with a lower fuel consumption cost. One of the other key features was the inclusion of the Tragos legs which housed two jet engines, these engines would allow for much greater speed inside Earth's atmosphere with a lower fuel consumption cost over standard rocket motors.

The shoulder shield, long since an optional peice of equipment, was made a permanent fixture to the mobile suit allowing for the addition of two fixed beam sabers. In order to account for the beam sabers the chest of the Leo was heavily modified to include a new larger nuclear reactor, This meant adding a new cockpit block, which featured heavier armor thanks to the use of Gundanium in limited quantity. In addition, the Leo TST was given new chest vents to allow for much faster cooling, this reduced the overheat problems some of the older Leo's were experiencing when equipped with beam weapons. In the end, however, the Alliance Development team abandon the project after learning of the OZ-12SMS Taurus, as it was deemed far superior to the Leo TST.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

SolidSpidr

Oh Yeah in less than two hours to the deadline woot!

33J-A-MS Murphy J (MS mode)

33J-A-MS Murphy J (Gunship mode and Subsuit mode)

After the Dark Gundam fiasco during the 13th Gundam fight the Neo American Government felt that their Murphy unit was lacking in power when compared to other nations grunt mobile suits. They still liked the idea of a fast transformable ms that was the Murphy so instead of a completely new ms, the Murphy was upgraded into the Murphy J(jet).

The Murphy J stands at 12.7 meters tall, two meters taller than its older counterpart. This is mostly to make room for the large jet engines that propel it over the ruined landscape. Its armament has also been heavily increased with two fourteen-tube rocket pods mounted on each arm as well as six missile pods, three stored under each arm wing, with six missiles each. Its most powerful weapons are its 30mm gatling gun mounted on the back left as well as its 140mm cannon mounted on the back right which can be fired in Mobile suit mode or Gunship mode. Compared to the original Murphy Everything increased across the board which was what the Neo American government was looking for.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Josh

DYNAMIC ENTRY~~~

WMS-05 Maganac II

Model number: WMS-05
Code name: Maganac II
Unit type: mobile suit
Manufacturer: Maganac Corps
Operator: Maganac Corps
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 16.8 meters
Weight: unknown
Armor materials: titanium alloy
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating unknown
Performance ability levels: fighting 120; weapons 110; speed 110; power 130; armor 170
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown
Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either shoulder
Optional hand armaments: heat tomahawk, battery powered; beam rifle, beam cannon

Additional Info: As the war between OZ and the Gundam Pilots escalated, Quatre Raberba Winner decides that it would be a good idea to create a new suit for the Maganac Corps that can accompany him into space for additional support. Taking the battle data from the top pilots within the Corps and various customized features, Quatre successfully creates a powerful new version of the Maganac. Its main features are a vastly improved thruster system along with improved armor and an almost completely reworked inner frame to improve overall performance and adaptability to various environments. Ultimately however, Quatre finds his family's funds cannot produce this new suit en mass and the estimated time it would take to begin production was far too slow for the growing threat of OZ against the colonies.

Maganac II Rashid Kurama Commander Variation

Yep, had this planned all along since I announced I wasn't doing a Leo, I hope it's ok I didn't just edit my previous post, since I wanted this to be a surprise last minute entry.
Gardner1701

SolidSpidr wrote:Oh Yeah in less than two hours to the deadline woot!

33J-A-MS Murphy J (MS mode)

33J-A-MS Murphy J (Gunship mode and Subsuit mode)

After the Dark Gundam fiasco during the 13th Gundam fight the Neo American Government felt that their Murphy unit was lacking in power when compared to other nations grunt mobile suits. They still liked the idea of a fast transformable ms that was the Murphy so instead of a completely new ms, the Murphy was upgraded into the Murphy J(jet).

The Murphy J stands at 12.7 meters tall, two meters taller than its older counterpart. This is mostly to make room for the large jet engines that propel it over the ruined landscape. Its armament has also been heavily increased with two fourteen-tube rocket pods mounted on each arm as well as six missile pods, three stored under each arm wing, with six missiles each. Its most powerful weapons are its 30mm gatling gun mounted on the back left as well as its 140mm cannon mounted on the back right which can be fired in Mobile suit mode or Gunship mode. Compared to the original Murphy Everything increased across the board which was what the Neo American government was looking for.
Look like a cross between the original Murphy and the ever-famous VF-1 Valkyre
Seraphic

Entry window has closed. If someone might lock this thread after I make the voting thread, that'd be great.

In the interim, I expect that none of you make any edits to your posts. The time indicated in your post edit will make it obvious. There's not much in the way of tracking changes made in dA, but I've memorized all the entries, so I'll know. =o

Voting time, go!
-Antares