Gone Astray's Photoshop Mishaps

The place to share your artwork.
Gone Astray

Gone Astray's Photoshop Mishaps

I've been trying to play around with Photoshop a lot more recently, and I decided that manipulating lineart would help me practice while allowing me to indulge my Gundam love.

Right, here we go with the first batch:

Deathscythe Malebolge: This is the first major manipulation I've done, and it's okay. I used the "Replace Color" option and manually redid a few smaller bits, so it's really uneven in a lot of places. I'm going to redo this one eventually, after I've had more practice. BlackoutDawn's Deathscythe Scarecrow was the inspiration for this one. Equipped.

Heavyarms Catastrophe: I made use of the color replacement tool for this one, and I think it turned out much better than the last. It's much more even and clean-up was a breeze (though it could probably do with another go-through). I had to construct part of the right arm since it was hidden in the picture I took it from, so it looks a bit gimped; the heavy launcher in the equipped photo should also be done over, since I misaligned it. Equipped.

Sandrock Phalanx: The construction of this was pretty much like the last one. I really need to do some clean-up on this one because the lines on the legs are so heavy; I probably should have just erased the original legs once I positioned the new ones, now that I think on it. The colors in the shoulders are a bit weird, too, but that was because I was really lazy and just used the color replacement tool. (Also, it was difficult to find parts that would look decent on the Sandrock without making it entirely out of the original and the EW version--and that shield looks a bit gimpy.) Equipped.

I'm thinking of writing up some tech specs for these, but we'll see if I ever get around to doing that.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Gone Astray's Photoshop Mishaps

These are some pretty good frankens you have. They all stick with the design style, too, so that's a good choice. Not many people work with AC material anymore.

I suggest different colors for your Heavyarms. Green and yellow?! x,x Perhaps try a gray instead of yellow?

My favorite is your Sandrock. The Maganac shoulders look really good on him (though I've always had a thing for the Sandrock's original shoulder design.) The dark blue looks good, and it's always good to see that shield that was never used. I think the Gundam X's double machinegun might be straying a bit from the MS's original purpose though. :P
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Geoxile

I too like the Sandrock, tis pimp
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

I'd be hunting down lineart instead of colored images, that way you could color them as you please (using photo shop's layering to make it go under the lines) without fiddling around with replace color.

that said with your Sandrock, I'd toss out the lighter blue on the shoulders, instead using yellow/gold white or gray. I'd transfer similar colors onto that shield of his too. (btw, what is that shield from?)
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Gone Astray

Thanks for the comments, guys; sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this, but I kind of... forgot.

Uhm.

Yeah.

Seraph: The background for my version of the Sandrock has it intentionally straying from the suit's original point. If I ever get around to doing specs for these things, I'll have that point fleshed out.

Crash: I was really lazy in recoloring the Maganac shoulders, but I agree that white or grey would look much better. I'm going to redo it eventually, since I've learned to use more than the normal-mode pencil and the color-mode replace color tool. The shield's a modified version of the Sandrock Custom's shield.

And here's the latest one I've done, which was done without using replace color at all! I'm a little proud of myself for that:

OZ-06MSP

Model number: OZ-06MSP
Code name: Leo Pride
Unit type: mobile suit
Manufacturer: OZ (Organization of Zodiac)
Operator(s): OZ
Rollout: AC 195
First deployment: AC 195
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 16.3 meters
Weight: empty 7.7 metric tons; max gross weight unknown
Armor materials: titanium alloy; gundanium alloy
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating unknown
Performance ability levels: fighting 125; weapons 130; speed 110; power 100; armor 110
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; weapon storage racks, mounted on shoulders
Fixed armaments: 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in shoulder armor, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: 105mm rifle, drum-fed, 100 rounds per drum; beam rifle, 20 round charge; "shorty" beam rifle, 20 round charge; beam cannon, powered by external energy collector/generator

Technical and Historical Notes:

As Treize's World Nation prepared to combat the growing power of the White Fang rebellion, his engineers scrambled for a way to improve their mobile suit forces. The aging Leo made up the bulk of the WN's army, and its performance was far inferior to the White Fang's scores of Virgo II mobile dolls; so, in desperate need of an upgrade of any kind, a few Leos were fitted with parts from the Virgo II, hastily constructed from copies of Tubarov's plans. The hip and waist thrusters from the Tallgeese were added to provide some balance to the design, and the result was dubbed the Leo Pride.

In the end, only a handful of Prides were ready for the WN's assault on the Libra space fortress, with each assigned to a unit leader.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Gone Astray

This may, in fact, be the ugliest thing I've yet made in Photoshop. Helpful practice for the manipulation of colors, though.
Red Zaku

Gone Astray wrote:This may, in fact, be the ugliest thing I've yet made in Photoshop. Helpful practice for the manipulation of colors, though.

Nice work Astray, it looks pretty good in terms of coloring. It also inspired me to make this.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Gone Astray

Red Zaku wrote:Nice work Astray, it looks pretty good in terms of coloring. It also inspired me to make this.
Thanks. And the whole pride thing is... actually what inspired me to do that color scheme in the first place. Well, that, and spite for a guy I stumbled across, who was complaining about how gay people were ruining Gundam.

And I thought, "Wouldn't it be fabulous if there was a gay Gundam?"
Gardner1701

Do you take any requests, good sir?
Gone Astray

Gardner1701 wrote:Do you take any requests, good sir?
Sure, I guess. I'm not making any guarantees of quality or speed, though, just to warn you.
Gardner1701

Great...let's see

1: I'd like to have a RX-78S Strike Gundam (The head, chest, and skirt of the Strike Gundam, and the arms and legs of the NT-1 Gundam) in .PNG format

2: The RX-780 Centurian Gundam (using parts from the RX-0) in .PNG format

It's all for a friend of mine who does a fanfic entitled "Mobile Suit Gundam: The Second Century"...and I'm even in his story!
Gone Astray

Gardner1701 wrote:1: I'd like to have a RX-78S Strike Gundam (The head, chest, and skirt of the Strike Gundam, and the arms and legs of the NT-1 Gundam) in .PNG format
It's not the prettiest, I admit, but I can't find lineart that's exactly matching at the moment. I'll try and find some black and white stuff and just redo it in the future, but here's something provisional for now.
2: The RX-780 Centurian Gundam (using parts from the RX-0) in .PNG format
I'm afraid I need some clarification on this: Do you just want it from Unicorn parts, or do you want it combined with something?
Gardner1701

Ummm...okay....let'e see...

The RX-780 Centurian Gundam from Unicorn (NT-D MODE)