Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

The place to share your artwork.
tehprognoob

Re: Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

My submission:
(back to my true element, pencil drawing)
The Zaku Gunner Beta,, with a massive Positron rifle and an positron storage tank on its back. Low activation time, but massive firepower and accuracy. Slow, cumbersome, and no close-combat capability at all except for a few CWISes on the chest. Completely outstripped by Gundams. However, an optical cloak was tested on it, but proved impractical as it drained the suit's power very quickly, especially when the cannon is being used.

EDIT:
Height: 22.50 Meters
Code Name: Zaku Gunner Beta
Operator: ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty)
Accommodation: Pilot only; under chest armor plate.
Weight: 88.2 Tons
Powerplant: Ultracompact energy battery
Equipment & Design Features: Sensors; ultra-thick armor+reactive plating, PS Armor, Positron Storage Tank, optical cloak
Fixed Armaments: 120 mm CWIS X2, Shield Spikes, anti-beam coated shield, sonic carbon knee blade
Optional Hand Armaments: 600 mm heavy plasma buster rifle, positron acceleration sniper cannon.
Operation time: 15-20 minutes
Last edited by tehprognoob on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Okay, that closes out February. The contest remains open for another month and will close at 11:59pm on March 31st. The forum clock is weird to me, so I'm just going to go with my time zone. (Central.) At that point, maybe a mod can swing by and lock the thread, but that may not be extremely important.

As an aside, when I make the poll I am not going to link to the image you submitted but instead provide a hotlink to your post so the voters may read the profiles. In other words, the entire submission thread acts as permanent documentation to the public. If you make yourself look stupid, the voters will make note of it, so try to avoid such behavior.
tehprognoob wrote:**Is it okay if I revise the picture?
You should be more thoughtful before submitting an entry, but go ahead. No edits to images or profiles are permitted after the deadline. I think a thread lock will actually prevent that.

Anyhow, carry on. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Ryujin

Just posting to say that this is a fine thing for the community that you're doing, Sera, and I wish the contestants Good Luck!
Seraphic

Ryujin wrote:Just posting to say that this is a fine thing for the community that you're doing, Sera, and I wish the contestants Good Luck!
Damn, I was actually hoping you'd help us out some, but your blessings are just as good. Even better, perhaps.

Ryujin is with us in spirit! BANZAI!! >=o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Seraphic wrote:
Ryujin wrote:Just posting to say that this is a fine thing for the community that you're doing, Sera, and I wish the contestants Good Luck!
Damn, I was actually hoping you'd help us out some, but your blessings are just as good. Even better, perhaps.

Ryujin is with us in spirit! BANZAI!! >=o
*charges and trips over himself*

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/R ... -156052087
lots of changes to the basic lineart and still more to some. gotta for example replace the right shoulder with the new version. will probably be replacing the leg attachment. been debating on whether or not to switch the mecha to a anti-material rifle it'd be a lot of work to do for something out of the original idea.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
wantfastcars

Leo... mark 9001?

Name: Leo Mk. 9001
And I'm still trying to get the right color... I think it's a little too orange... And I think... I think this just might take the cake. I took my two ravorite Gundams and stuck them together in one picture!
"The God of Death is BACK FROM HELL!!!!" -- Duo Maxwell, AKA The God of Death
Dark Duel

A Leo that's OVER 9000!!!! That's amusing.
I've got a custom Astray(grunt) mod that I thik I'll submit here as well. I'll just edit in this post whenever I get the chance to pull the pic and knock together a short profile.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Seraphic

wantfastcars wrote:Leo... mark 9001?

And I'm still trying to get the right color... I think it's a little too orange... And I think... I think this just might take the cake. I took my two ravorite Gundams and stuck them together in one picture!
I apologize, but I'll have to disqualify this entry. The rules state that a franken entry must comprise of more than a recolor and the addition of weapons or external equipment. To have it quality, you must somehow modify the main fuselage in some significant manner.

If you would still like to participate, you may modify this design so it fits with the criteria or you may submit a different project.
-Antares

Volnixshin

Are we allowed to submit a design we came up withen the past week not even knowing about this contest?
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Seraphic

Volnixshin wrote:Are we allowed to submit a design we came up withen the past week not even knowing about this contest?
The design doesn't have to be explicitly created for the contest. You can even submit something you made years ago. It just has to meet the contest rules. I suggest you read over them carefully before submitting any material.

Generally: grunts only.
-Antares

Volnixshin

I suppose this would work in regards to the most unlikely upgrade...

Let's see....

Was cobbled together from the remains of multiple junked machines and mobile suits. Do, I have to list specs? Was originally a GM Cannon

If that doesn't work, ah well.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
wantfastcars

Seraphic wrote:
wantfastcars wrote:Leo... mark 9001?

I apologize, but I'll have to disqualify this entry. The rules state that a franken entry must comprise of more than a recolor and the addition of weapons or external equipment. To have it quality, you must somehow modify the main fuselage in some significant manner.

If you would still like to participate, you may modify this design so it fits with the criteria or you may submit a different project.
But... It doesn't have to be hand drawn, and I have no drawing skills whatsoever. So I guess I'm out. I can't modify it like that.
"The God of Death is BACK FROM HELL!!!!" -- Duo Maxwell, AKA The God of Death
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

look at the previous unit that was posted, it has no uniquely hand drawn parts on it, all of it comes from parts done by Simmons, do something similar, add and/or remove portions of the main body with cut, copy, and past until you've modified the baseic unit enough that it's distinct on it's own. ... for that is the essence of Frankening!!!one! [sorry couldn't help that last part.]
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
jjarodurandal

It's not done yet, but i want to post something so WIP!!!

I'll apologize now, but the notion of a space use guntank puts me in my happy place.
Ryujin

Seraphic wrote:Damn, I was actually hoping you'd help us out some,
Sorry about that. I wanted to contribute, but you might say that I recently bit off more than I can chew IRL. :?
Gone Astray

I think we need more Leos.

OZ-06MSP

Model number: OZ-06MSP
Code name: Leo Pride
Unit type: mobile suit
Manufacturer: OZ (Organization of Zodiac)
Operator(s): OZ
Rollout: AC 195
First deployment: AC 195
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 16.3 meters
Weight: empty 7.7 metric tons; max gross weight unknown
Armor materials: titanium alloy; gundanium alloy
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating unknown
Performance ability levels: fighting 125; weapons 130; speed 110; power 100; armor 110
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; weapon storage racks, mounted on shoulders
Fixed armaments: 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in shoulder armor, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: 105mm rifle, drum-fed, 100 rounds per drum; beam rifle, 20 round charge; "shorty" beam rifle, 20 round charge; beam cannon, powered by external energy collector/generator

Technical and Historical Notes:

As Treize's World Nation prepared to combat the growing power of the White Fang rebellion, his engineers scrambled for a way to improve their mobile suit forces. The aging Leo made up the bulk of the WN's army, and its performance was far inferior to the White Fang's scores of Virgo II mobile dolls; so, in desperate need of an upgrade of any kind, a few Leos were fitted with parts from the Virgo II, hastily constructed from copies of Tubarov's plans. The hip and waist thrusters from the Tallgeese were added to provide some balance to the design, and the result was dubbed the Leo Pride.

In the end, only a handful of Prides were ready for the WN's assault on the Libra space fortress, with each assigned to a unit leader.

EDIT: Changed the link to a direct link to the image.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Seraphic

Ryujin wrote:
Seraphic wrote:Damn, I was actually hoping you'd help us out some,
Sorry about that. I wanted to contribute, but you might say that I recently bit off more than I can chew IRL. :?
No, it's nothing to apologize for. =) I hope this isn't seen as an empty gesture, but we're here for you, and hope everything gets sorted out well.
wantfastcars wrote:But... It doesn't have to be hand drawn, and I have no drawing skills whatsoever. So I guess I'm out. I can't modify it like that.
Well, cars, you managed to cut out the 00-raiser's shoulders and pasted them on the Leo, plus colored over all of it. Those are the exact skills frankeners use to modify the main body. I think you can put on different body parts if you gave it a try. You might surprise yourself. And hey, developing a skill isn't bad, either, right? I'd like for you to participate, and you've got a long month to work on it. =)
-Antares

tehprognoob

Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

My entry
http://strikerougemk2.deviantart.com/ar ... -156820676

Profile:
Model Number:TMF/A-802SW
Nickname: BuCUE Sniper Hound
Unit type: mass production ground assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty)
Operator: ZAFT
First deployment: unknown
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 12.26 meters
Weight: max gross 69.81 metric tons
Armor materials: unknown
Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features:long range sensors, range unknown;
Fixed armaments: Dual Beam saber (Mounted in Head); Long range Beam Rifle.

Created as a Sister unit to the BuCUE Kerberos Hound this version incorporates an array of long range sensors in the head unit, similar to the BuCUE Reconnaissance type before it, and uses a long range heavy beam cannon. Two cooling units are attached to prevent overheating and any subsequent damage.

Firing a high powered and long range shot requires the unit to go into tank mode for increased stability. When traveling as a convoy the Sniper hound hangs to the far left or right of the main fleet (Usually consisting of Lesseps and similar land class ships) and protects the fleet from outside of visual range.

Finished in the nick of time but I gotta go I'm gonna miss the damn bus xD
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Josh

GN-X Ground Enforcer Type

Model Number: GNX-609T-[GE]
Model Name: GN-X Ground Enforcer Type
Unit type: Experimental Ground Combat Mobile Suit
Head height: 19.0 meters
Overall weight: 71.1 metric tons
Equipment: GN Tau Drive
Armament: Modified GN lance, GN vulcan gun x 2, GN claw x 2, Modified GN shield x 2, GN beam saber x 2, GN beam rifle x 1
Information: With the Reemergence of Celestial Being, A-Laws is forced to devote most of their forces to defeating the Gundam Meisters. With Katharon still waging war in the middle east the Earth Federation experiments with its plan to make special purpose GN-X models for additional support. The GN-X Ground Enforcer Type is completely devoted to ground combat, featuring a modified thruster system for more concealed GN-Particle dispersion, modified feet design for a GN-skiing effect providing speed and mobility on the ground, a tan colorscheme to help further conceal the suit in desert conditions, a modified GN Lance with its beam rifle function removed as to serve as a piercing weapon, and two modified GN shields mounted on both shoulders providing even more protection once revealing itself. A suit designed specifically with countering Katharon's ground forces in mind this GN-X proves to be a highly effective force against previous generation suits. With the higher cost to convert the GN-XIII to this variation and A-Laws dominating the federal budget only four Ground Enforcer Types are completed and put into service in the middle east.

I was working on a Leo for this contest but I wasn't liking how it was turning out so I'll just settle with this.

EDIT: No lance, I'm too lazy/it was annoying me while tracing it.
Last edited by Josh on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.