Everyone Love's Jerid

The place to share your artwork.
QubeleyMkIII

Everyone Love's Jerid

Here's a pic i just finished earlier, just one of the many Zeta Gundam couplings I liked quite a bit (Mouar's also a babe), "Jerid's desperate attacK" episode 30 is still one of my favorite's in Zeta Gundam so figure'd I'd give Jerid Messa some much deserved fan love. He's my 5th fav Gundam character (beneath Char Aznable, Haman Karn, Master Asia, and Bright Noa) and I am fairly happy with how this turned out. What do you guys think?
I know my mecha drawing skills aren't mad awesome, but I am trying to improve at it anyway.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... nDream.jpg

Enjoy. This was done from a pencil sketch that I painted digitally in Adobe Photoshop CS3
ZeonsSilverStar

Re: Everyone Love's Jerid

I like this drawing but it feels like I've seen some of your art before. Did you by any chance post some of your drawings on the /m/ board before?
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
QubeleyMkIII

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:I like this drawing but it feels like I've seen some of your art before. Did you by any chance post some of your drawings on the /m/ board before?

Yea I have once or twice.

updated the colors a bit, it was a bit too dark before.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... nDream.jpg

thanks by the way.
Dean_the_Young

I like it. Course, I'm biased. (Points at sig.)
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
QubeleyMkIII

Dean_the_Young wrote:I like it. Course, I'm biased. (Points at sig.)

well the thread name means I am in agreement. I only recently got into UC Gundam (saw original and zeta exactly 1 year ago) and wasn't sure whether or not Jerid had any kind of following cause he's kind of a jerk but I love him. So glad it can be enjoyed by other Jerid Fans, question. what is your favorite Jerid Messa piloted Mobile Suit? Gabthely for me but mostly because I felt his piloting was most impressive during those episodes and "Jerid's desperate attack" ep 30 is one of my favorites. I wish we got to see more of the black MKII's though. I enjoy the Baund Doc too though.
ZeonsSilverStar

QubeleyMkIII wrote:
ZeonsSilverStar wrote:I like this drawing but it feels like I've seen some of your art before. Did you by any chance post some of your drawings on the /m/ board before?

Yea I have once or twice.

updated the colors a bit, it was a bit too dark before.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... nDream.jpg

thanks by the way.

I knew this style seemed familiar but anyway good work, and the updated colors look nice.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
ShadowCell

Just for future reference, could you please keep your art posts in one thread? It helps keep the forum uncluttered. Thanks.
QubeleyMkIII

ShadowCell wrote:Just for future reference, could you please keep your art posts in one thread? It helps keep the forum uncluttered. Thanks.

gotcha, I'll be srue to do that.
Dean_the_Young

QubeleyMkIII wrote:

well the thread name means I am in agreement. I only recently got into UC Gundam (saw original and zeta exactly 1 year ago) and wasn't sure whether or not Jerid had any kind of following cause he's kind of a jerk but I love him. So glad it can be enjoyed by other Jerid Fans, question. what is your favorite Jerid Messa piloted Mobile Suit? Gabthely for me but mostly because I felt his piloting was most impressive during those episodes and "Jerid's desperate attack" ep 30 is one of my favorites. I wish we got to see more of the black MKII's though. I enjoy the Baund Doc too though.
Gabthely, by far: best fights we say. The Byalant was cool, but we never got to see much of it. That goes double for the Bound Doc: the rabbit never seemed threatening.

Jerid's a jerk, sure, but that's part of the charm/interest: he gets a lot of his arrogance beaten out of him by Lila, and with Mouar he actually starts turning into a actual human being. He's still evil, just like the Titans, but he doesn't kill Kamile in cold blood and he doesn't shoot the civilians trying to stop him. He matures, in parallel to Kamille actually, but in their back-and-forth of kill-offs, Jerid loses his last people while Kamille has more friends to fall back on. If Apolly hadn't taken the blow for Fa, and Jerid had taken out Kamille's last pillar of support...

Well, they weren't as different as they might have wanted to believe. Biggest shame with Jerid, IMO, is that he disappeared for the last dozen episodes until his death. He went from a rival, to almost forgotten and left behind. He worked well as a foil for Kamille, and I think he had more potential.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
QubeleyMkIII

Byalant killed Addis Ajiba (the nice titan who helped Beltorchika) in the Byalant and almost destroyed Haman's ship the Gawdan, plus duh he killed Four with it, I think that made it stand out to me, I always forget he had a Gabaldy for two seconds. I do think he grows into a decent guy at one point in the show but he did lose everything maybe a bit too early, after the earth arc the last 12 episodes really don't have much for him to do at all that was a shame. Him getting to almost take down the Gwadan was cool though and his last talk with Camille I found interesting one of my friends said earlier the baund doc should have had a detachable head like the zeong. heheh. I would have liked to have seen receive something akin to the sword fight between Amuro and Char at the end of original gundam or he somehow survives the radish explosion do to an escape pod only to appear amongst that theater conversation between Haman,Char, Scirocco, and Kamille instead of Fa before probably getting picked off just to show how desperate his will to chase Camille was.

overall its simply a matter of Zeta had so many characters they shoved him aside immediately after Four gets killed when It would have been interesting to see the lasting effect that Mouar's death had on him (he did seem meaner more desperate and less focused on any goal besides camille but it didn't get too much attention).

What are your thoughts on what happens to Jerid in the Movie versions of Zeta (a New Translation) ? I was quite upset a lot of his good rivalry scenes in movie 2 were cut out and lots of Lila and Mouar scenes were gone. It gave him less lasting impression then the last 10 episodes of the show gave him. Though overall I don't like how the Titans are portrayed in those films not to mention Char's missing speech. and its strange in video games the Baund doc is rather scary in a few of them. I do wish it had some kind of crazy all out attack to give him some presence in the finale.
QubeleyMkIII

by the way, have you heard about the pairing of Master Asia from G Gundam and Jerid Messa in the Dynasty Warriors (musou) Gundam games? I'm quite fond of that, reminds me a lot of his relationship with Lila.
Dean_the_Young

QubeleyMkIII wrote:

by the way, have you heard about the pairing of Master Asia from G Gundam and Jerid Messa in the Dynasty Warriors (musou) Gundam games? I'm quite fond of that, reminds me a lot of his relationship with Lila.
I'm afraid Master Asia makes a horrible female love interest. Just see some of the pictures of him in a dress some time. :P

As I recall, Heero was also part of that trinity, and Jerid was more or less overshadowed.

I enjoyed the Dynasty Warriors 2, where he gets put in charge of Shinn and Luna.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Shinigam_Newtype

Emma Sheen <3
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Genese Gundam

That's a cool picture! I have to say, I reallly like your art style. I also rather love your, shall we say, rubenesque interpretations of the Gundam women in the other pictures in your gallery...
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'