It's all in your head

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Re: It's all in your head

Last right. or rather this morning, I had a dream. in this dream I was walling very fast. the wind whistled as it rushed past me, it buffeted my like a thousand fists. my vision was blured from the speed. yet my eyes did not water, my gums did not sting. it wasn't my body. and yet it was. I know that sounds strange, when I realized it it was strange sounding to me. I was there free falling through the clouds yet I wasn't there. It took me looking to either side to realize why. my arms, no my entire body looked to be encased in armor. a moment later it struck me. I was inside a mecha the neural interface allowed me sense things as if the mecha's body was my own.

upon this realization I became aware of the cockpit's HUD indicating altitude, wind speed and several other factors. a 280mm air bursting fragmentation round zipped past me and exploded. I was being fired on. now other voices filed my head, my allies three other mecha that where in a loose formation behind me. a red form shot past me so quickly I barely had time to register that it was one of them arms tucked against his body to reduce drag. another round flew by, the was as there had been with the first one no actual sound to it doing so, or perhaps the wind in my ears prevented me from recognizing it. the other two mecha zipped by me now soundless over the deafening wind.

I pulled my right arm and leg close after the third round flew by and went into a spin.a moment later my left arm and leg followed the other and I was bullet like. if the wind was deafening before, it was now the only thing my mind could recognize. a scream came through my mind and I saw an explosion off to the left of my quickening tunneling view of the world. a parachute flew by me. I flew into an explosion that came into existence ahead of me. some one yelled at me to open my chute. I mentally made the order execute.

a moment later I was snapped backwards both of my bodies trained against newton's laws. then newton won. I was spinning wildly, the ground was rushing up to meet me. the time did not slow down rather it sped up. my vision was crystal clear. I could see another anti air round fly by seemingly spiraling due to relative motion. I saw my mechanical limbs flail as I tried to stop the mad rotation. I saw the forest in great detail. I saw a round smash into another one of the mecha, exploding on contact. I saw bark, branches, a leaf that got stuck to one of my eyes. I saw the brown green ground, a felled tree, I made out individual rocks. I saw a fury rodent scurrying out of my looming shadow.

then I didn't see. I blinked twice and the pale blue of my bedroom wall greeted me.
---
Edit spelling.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Holy shit. How did I have such a horrible nightmare?

This took place in the same house I lived in before I moved away for university. (Don't know why, but a large majority of my dreams take place here.) A two story house with four bedrooms upstairs connected by a hallway, a large backyard. At one end of the hall was the master bedroom, next down was a small bedroom, a bathroom, then at the other end were two large bedrooms with doors that faced each other. All of the rooms are on the same side of the hall except for my bedroom which was the one on the end to the left. The whole time it was extremely dark and cloudy outside, with silent lightning and no rain.

A little fuzzy on this, but I think what was going on was that my cousins were visiting. Don't know which ones exactly (I have a lot of them) but it was a younger kid brother and an older adult sister. As usual when I have family visit, I was a little bored and frustrated because I had to tend to their needs instead of doing my usual things.

At one point I'm in the small bedroom next to the master, looking out the window. Of course it's very dark and cloudy outside with that same quiet lightning. But I see a tiger stalking its way towards the house. I'm staring this thing right in the eyes as it makes its way to the back door. It was intense, but I knew it couldn't possibly get inside. I manage to pull away from the window to do other things.

Eventually the dream comes to a point where my little cousin Kevin was being a bit of a brat and I put him to bed in the bedroom across from mine. I think after this I get tired and go to sleep in my own bedroom. I may have stopped dreaming at this point or maybe dreamed other things I can't recall. But later on I'm forced out of my sleep. There was a strong feeling, like someone called out to me.

I leave the room and look into where Kevin was sleeping, but he's gone. From the doorway I stare closely at the rumpled sheets on the bed and see nobody. I go downstairs and ask his older sister where Kevin could be. She says, a bit annoyed and matter of factly, "tiger ate him." I could only think, "what the hell???"

I rush back up to the room and yeah, the damn tiger is in there, and I see no signs of Kevin. So I cautiously enter the room and look around for signs he could have been eaten. At first everything seemed clean, but eventually I came across a gnawed-up pelvis bone in the bed sheets. Eventually I start finding similar chewed up bones scattered across the room. Cautious but not really minding the tiger, I gather the bone fragments in my hand. The whole time I feel there's something in this room I should be watching out for. But it wasn't the tiger for some reason. I get all the bone fragments I can and throw them away.

At this point we don't see the tiger anymore. It may have found its way outside again. Later on I am in my room and my older sister is doing something in the other bedroom Kevin was killed in. I hear her scream like she's being attacked. I freak and jump up, reaching for my bokken. I vacillate between two short swords: the little black one my father bought for me, and the one made of pecan wood I made myself and gave to my friend. (I don't know why this second sword was with me as I had given it away. If I ever see my bokken in my dreams, it's usually only the ones I own.) I snag the short bokken made of pecan, for the higher mass, and rush out to the other room.

When I look in the room it's horribly dark and the light is flickering and I see my sister struggling with apparently nothing at all. In the air of the room hangs this cold, dark, and enormously heavy feeling. I knew what it was right away: Kevin's poltergeist. As soon as I get in the room I take my sword and swing it through the air as hard as I could, and immediately the thing in the air seems to dispel slightly and my sister stops struggling, the light turns back on. But I could feel it wasn't gone.

My older sister and I look around the room trying to figure out what the hell was going on, paying particular attention to what may be in the closet but ultimately come up with nothing. We leave the room. Later on in the dream I am in another part of the house, and I think two other people have gone to sleep in the same bedroom. I don't recall who exactly, but two little girls. From across the house I get that feeling again and rush back to the room with the sword. I swing the sword through the air again to fight off the spirit and similarly it retreats. I search frantically for the two girls and find them dead. They were like dry husks with their eyes hollowed out, their faces twisted in horrible expressions like they were screaming as they died. Fuck.

My older sister and I investigate. They seem to have been strangled...and warped by the poltergeist. I keep looking over the upstairs for clues on what to do or how to solve this. We gather my mother and two younger sisters into the master bedroom and have them stay defensive. Again my older sister and I search the other bedroom. While I'm in there I can strongly feel Kevin's poltergeist, for some reason mostly in the light/fan fixture above us. I was worried the two long chains hanging down for the light switch may reach out and strangle us, too, so I was very paranoid about them.

I hear my family scream and struggle on the other side of the 2nd floor. We sprint to the master bedroom and I again attack blindly with my sword, and the poltergeist retreats, still looming unseen. I don't know what to do at this point. This fucking thing is everywhere attacking anybody at all. I had no way of knowing where it'd be, so I couldn't go off to try to solve this while my family is left defenseless.

Out of options, I lose my cool, and call out the ghost. "KEVIN!!" I shout, "what do you want?! Come out here!" The same feeling rushes into the room, a hundred times stronger. The room is dark, the ground shakes, and the air is dense and crushing. Holy shit we are all going to die.

That's when I woke up. But as I did, I realized that I should find Kevin's bones and salt and burn them. Too bad I'm already awake.

I really have no idea why I dreamed of a tiger. I normally don't even view them as dangerous for whatever reason. Maybe it was from laughing at this picture yesterday.... I don't know what's going on. Nightmares used to be rare for me but they're starting to happen more.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I dreamed that I was a bee on a string.

The tether was tied to one of my legs. I was semi-aware that I was dreaming, so I thought the tether would just be gone if I waited, but each time I looked or tried to go, it was still on my leg.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel