LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

Re: LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

Shadow Knight wrote:I already PM'd Ezero8 about, no reply, no nothing.
I haven't replied because I haven't had the time to look at the new profile. It'll get done when it gets done.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
blind_dead_mcjones

i'd just like to offer an alternative proposal for the raptor, still a WIP at the moment but i think it roughly gets the idea across (i hope)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/ ... aptor2.jpg
Flag Fighter for life!
King Monkey

Wow. That's pretty cool looking.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Attomoku

Yeah looks good, that's sorta the look I was going for: a slim, tall machine to compliment the Pawn's bulkiness

*stamps seal of approval*
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Shadow Knight

It's been 11 days...EZero8.
HEY!!! Need something custom colored? PM me a MAHQ link to something, tell me what color, any special graphics on it and'll customize it for you.
The Big Zabowski

Shadow Knight wrote:It's been 11 days...EZero8.
And some of us have.. you know.. lives? It's quite a novel concept. :roll:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

Shadow Knight wrote:It's been 11 days...EZero8.
Keep pestering me about it and I'll guarantee you that it'll be at the very, very bottom of my to-do list. Like I said before, it'll get done when it gets done.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
wonton bob

OH he just wants to join in on the fun...really the best time I've been having writing up this stuff. It's a snail's pace but still enjoyable.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
EZero8

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I'm currently trucking through life with a flu-like illness while also dealing with midterms. Not a good combo, to say the least. I'll post as soon as I recover so we can move the game along.
Shadow Knight

I've been there before, it makes it harder to focus on the test. I failed one out of two tests because of it...
HEY!!! Need something custom colored? PM me a MAHQ link to something, tell me what color, any special graphics on it and'll customize it for you.
Attomoku

EZero8 a few questions:

1.) Is there a way for Cat to use her new saber properly later in the next firefight? (like some kind of direct connection external powerpack, or sacrifice armor to extend operational time and redirect that to powering the saber, or maybe both) or will it be carted off ship to be taken apart for study?

2.) Is this AU a more traditional male-preferential primogeniture or is it a more politically correct absolute primogeniture where the first born regardless of gender is heir (apparent)?

3.) Is there some kind of higher command structure like a Captain or support crew (besides the Chief for the protectorate, or the recently made up head technician 'Tex' for the Shireen) for either side or is it 'make it up as you go and then try to remember it later when you need it' (like 'Tex')?
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
EZero8

Attomoku wrote:1.) Is there a way for Cat to use her new saber properly later in the next firefight? (like some kind of direct connection external powerpack, or sacrifice armor to extend operational time and redirect that to powering the saber, or maybe both) or will it be carted off ship to be taken apart for study?
Well [notsosecretspoiler]the Dominion will eventually field plasma saber-wielding machines[/notsosecretspoiler] so it'll be carted off for study. When that will happen depends entirely on how quickly the game moves along.
2.) Is this AU a more traditional male-preferential primogeniture or is it a more politically correct absolute primogeniture where the first born regardless of gender is heir (apparent)?
I'm leaving that to each individual player to decide based on their character's background. Not everyone is going to agree on a set primogeniture (even in today's political world), and it might lead to some interesting development for certain characters.

On a related note, I'm still waiting for some old-fashioned Dominion character to spout off some comment about women being in the front lines of a war... :P
3.) Is there some kind of higher command structure like a Captain or support crew (besides the Chief for the protectorate, or the recently made up head technician 'Tex' for the Shireen) for either side or is it 'make it up as you go and then try to remember it later when you need it' (like 'Tex')?
Yeah, there are definitely crews and Captains for both sides. They'll likely be fleshed out more when the battle ends and we have some time for non-combat development.
EZero8

New business, new post:

Just finished the last of my midterms today. I'll have a post or two up over the weekend, and we'll be able to wrap up the battle within the next week (depending on activity of course).
blind_dead_mcjones

um...so are we moving onto the next chapter yet? or are we still wrapping up this current one?
Flag Fighter for life!
EZero8

I was waiting on more people to post before finishing things, but some members have fallen off the map as of late. I'll probably get the wrap-up post done within the week and we'll be on to the next chapter.