Ep. 045 - Legend of Gundamn Heroes!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Amuro Ray of v

Re: Ep. 045 - Legend of Gundamn Heroes!

I just relisten to the ep, and the thing that this ep has more than anything is that when one hear this, you get reallt pulp up for the show, I like hearing it, even if I have not seen the show, as you talk about it, I think about hoow the show looks like. This is now my favorite ep, number two is Destiny Calls.
Last edited by Amuro Ray of v on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
phillosmaster

I'm on episode 10 of LOGH currently, and they weren't lying in this episode of gundamn. LOGH has been nothing but awesome so far.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
mannypooh

i Never got to finish legend of galactic heroes =/ it's a really long anime that i watched on youtube. From what ive seen i think it's a generational anime, where the main character changes over the course of the series. I think the political intrigue, all the melodrama that occurs when there's not a fleet battle of some sort kinda turned me off. But i might try to rewatch it again; it's not for everyone since it has this slow pace feeling, even though some of the story parts move quickly, like the outcome of a story arc or battle.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Amuro Ray of v wrote: About Yang Wen-li, he seems like the kind of guy we would see all the time and the way acts, being the most lasy man on duty; yet waging war on a galactic scale, seems like a guy I would like to chat with. one thing, even if I know he is useful, the way he died is lame, could we call him Soul Bro's Man?
All in all great pod, keep up the good work.
**cough, cough****
WOW, the next episode of Gundamn almost became a tribute episode, due to my death.
Wang is no way a Soul Bro's Man, even in bizarro world or the timeline the Star Trek movie gave us.
Wang is completely awesome and could never even in great weakness be a Soul Bro's Man.

The Soul Bro's Man in LOGH is FLagul ??(Chris correct me if I spelled this wrong, I'm at work). He was the orange haired, bowl cut dork who was part of the noble's rebellion.

Be careful with these questions, I'm in good health, but still such a shock to the body.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
yazi88

hawk of endymion wrote:
The Soul Bro's Man in LOGH is FLagul ??(Chris correct me if I spelled this wrong, I'm at work). He was the orange haired, bowl cut dork who was part of the noble's rebellion.

Be careful with these questions, I'm in good health, but still such a shock to the body.
Actually Neo you forgot about someone who's even worse than that noble moron, remember that guy that rebelled against the empire on that wore the toga that Kircheis conquered without even a single casualty, yeah the same guy that was blaming his own subordinates for failing and got stabbed like 20 times, yeah that guy is soulbro's man.
Momaru

yazi88 wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:

Actually Neo you forgot about someone who's even worse than that noble moron, remember that guy that rebelled against the empire on that wore the toga that Kircheis conquered without even a single casualty, yeah the same guy that was blaming his own subordinates for failing and got stabbed like 20 times, yeah that guy is soulbro's man.
No, SoulBro's man in this show is Emille. You know Reinhard's little page boy. He's completly useless and doesn't do a thing except serve coffee and dress Reinhard. MAJOR spoiler ahoy
Spoiler
Actually, he seems to be an idiot too. He's studdying to become a doctor but is so stupid that he can't even see that Reinhard's obviously got some horrible wasting desease.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Amuro Ray of v

Momaru wrote:
yazi88 wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:

No, SoulBro's man in this show is Emille. You know Reinhard's little page boy. He's completly useless and doesn't do a thing except serve coffee and dress Reinhard.
I still think Yang is SBR's man for the fact that he had one of the lamest death I ever seen. But that's not the only thing, all of his men are lame, so for all of them to be lame; there has to be at least one person who is slightly ok to show the lamess of the others, but then that is just me and I have only seen some of the show at this point. I will be careful, but I am sure somewhere in the muitverse or the DCAU, I am right. Otherwise I am SOL.

I am I the only one who believes this? I like to know.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
skyknight

OK, just finished this ep last week!

But for here, I do hope to offer a different perspective even though I never saw one ep of the entire series.

LoGH is quite popular with Chinese (in Taiwan and Hong Kong), for several good reasons: a masterpiece of space warfare + DRAMA! And Yang, which some identify him as Chinese (is there any official background that Yang is of Chinese descent?), as well as a tragic hero that history shall know him, similar to Yue Fei and others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yue_Fei

From what I hear and read, Yang is NO Soul Bro Man (not to insult Soul Bro, he's cool!)

Yet in my time, it was an underground manga, as some officials did have problems with its theme, particularly the Empire vs Republic, which was brought up by you guys - better to have a capable dictator then a bunch of rotten representatives? It was at that time in the late 80's that Taiwan was going through democratic changes after almost 40 years of military rule (that followed from civil war in China that ended in 1949), and there wasn't any certainty on the future of "Chinese democracy" (this is a term that some Chinese do use on doubt with democracy). But if you were to look at other contemporary mecha animes, many do share the theme of Emp vs Rep, such as Gundam and ZOIDS! (you guys are NEVER going to cover that, r u?), and I think its because of its depth that LoGH became very visible, and attracted fans.

Also, I could be wrong, in the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya the game "The Day of Sagittarius III," with "III" being meaningless, some said it was a tribute to the LoGH PC strategy game (link is for the latest version)
http://gineiden-game.jp/
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
Wellman

I have to admit, I've only gone through LoGH once and over a period of 1.5 years (60 episodes in the first three months and the rest in the final 6 months) but I never noticed some of the nuances, you guys pointed out about Reinhard's change after Kircheis' death, but you guys are right, he was a lot less sure of decisions after that.

But damn, I had to skip around the episode order on season 4, it was so depressing.
Momaru wrote:
yazi88 wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:

No, SoulBro's man in this show is Emille. You know Reinhard's little page boy. He's completly useless and doesn't do a thing except serve coffee and dress Reinhard. MAJOR spoiler ahoy
Spoiler
Actually, he seems to be an idiot too. He's studdying to become a doctor but is so stupid that he can't even see that Reinhard's obviously got some horrible wasting desease.
I was about to say that. Either Emille or that cousin of Hilda that was Mecklinger fan until... the unpleasantness.
MrVince

This is my second favorite episode, first being Gundamn! Confidential. It inspired me to watch the series, and it surpassed my expectations. Couple footnotes I'd like to throw out:

1. I'd recommend the live action Korean historic war drama series The Immortal Yi Soon Shin for those who enjoy tactical types of stories. It's a naval tactical sort of story which takes place during the Hideyoshi invasion of the late 1500s. Interesting parallels between this protagonist and Yang.

2. With respect to Soul Bro's man, I won't give out any huge spoilers, but isn't his man of the series hidden in plain sight? To be a little more specific, wasn't one of the original criteria the to fit within the path of the "Legend of King Arthur"?
Spoiler
Julian. Come on, the guy wore a freakin' apron and became the commander. I'd be interested if Soul Bro made the right bet when/if he started watching this series.
Chris
Administrator

MrVince:
Your nominee for Soul Bro's man wouldn't fit at all. Julian is a reliable guy, goes through a lot of things and becomes a leader who people follow. He even fought in a Spartanian. All those qualities make him completely inadequate to be a Soul Bro man, because he's too strong for it.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his