Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

As previously announced, the old MAHQ Mailbag is being transferred to Gundamn! So here's how it's going to go: you post a question/comment, and we'll pick some to read every episode after Neo's News. Of course, here are a few guidelines to keep everything running in a smooth and orderly manner:

1. Please don't make a blog post out of your question. In other words, try to keep everything brief and to the point. Unlike the old Mailbag, keep in mind that we have to read your questions over the air and then respond to them. So shorter is better.

2. This is not the Jane's military information podcast. Please refrain from asking us about things like the difference of the reactor power between the RX-78-2 and the RX-78-3. If you really need to know that sort of thing, go to the Mecha forum and kindly ask toysdream to explain.

3. As a general rule that we've emphasized in the past, please don't ask stupid questions. If it sounds stupid to you, it probably is, so trust your own judgment and save us the time.

4. Posting a question here does NOT guarantee that it will appear on the show. It is within our discretion to decide what we answer. If you question doesn't get picked, please don't ask us why it didn't get picked.

5. This thread is only a drop box, just like the previous incarnation in the Feedback forum. It is not a thread for discussion or to answer questions. Just post your question and go about your business.

6. No "favorites" or other "list" type questions. We want to discuss questions, not run off lists about favorite mobile suits, characters, etc.

That's all, so start posting questions!
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

Re: Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

I just wanted to know what show you were planning to talk about on future segments?
Like... Ideon, Soukyuu no Fafner, Rahxephon, SRW, etc... I just need some answers. Sorry for my english, take a look at my location
"Revenge for all those height gags. Every time he's called me "Hamster.""
"This is for every time you've been late and lost."
"All the times you drove into the back of my Cadillac."

The D.D.D. Podcast at your diservice.
Destiny_Gundam

Ok, I'll take this opportunity to re-ask a question that was misread during that one episode.

What genres do you guys like outside of mecha and sci-fi? What is your favourite anime that isn't sci-fi or mecha?

Also, what is, in your opinion, the best mecha video game you've ever played?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
TheGoose

What are some cliches in the Super Robot genre that you do dislike?

Edit: After listening to episode 47 of the podcast, I learned we weren't supposed to ask any "What are your top something" questions.
Last edited by TheGoose on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Comet90

Top Three Enemy Ace Pilots. This isn't limited to Gundam. It could be from other mecha shows as well.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
jabman025

its time to embrace the horror, are there any shows mecha or otherwise that you are embaressed to admit that you liked.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Amuro Ray of v

What did you think of Gundam 00's soundtrack?

Who do you think will win in a fight? Batman of the DCAU or Solid Snake? No need to explain your choice.

To SBR: Did you get the MPG that I sent you? A simple yes or no will work of me.

Thank you for reading
Last edited by Amuro Ray of v on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
yazi88

I got some questions for the Gundamn crew:

1. What are some of your favorite/least favorite Mecha designers?

2. Since you guys talked about LOGHs, what anime shows do you think LOGHs has inspired cause I think that Code Geass, and Glass Fleet, and also Heroic Age are some examples but I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinion on this topic.

3. More of SoulBro's men.... We haven't heard any new ones for awhile other than Glavel from Macross 7. Also on a side note what other shows have the Soulbro guarentee?
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Chris, can you please clarify the difference between the Mailbag Drop Box and the general topic suggestions for Gundamn! segments? Is it merely the brevity of the question/subject or is there something more? Thanks. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Chris
Administrator

Seraphic wrote:Chris, can you please clarify the difference between the Mailbag Drop Box and the general topic suggestions for Gundamn! segments? Is it merely the brevity of the question/subject or is there something more? Thanks. =o
Topic suggestion is to suggest topics. This is to ask specific questions that we will answer on the show.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
eanetdude

1. What kind of Gundam battle would you be interested in seeing animated? (i.e., in a certain environment like ice, forest, city; no weapons; 1 vs. 3)

2. What kind of Gundam story wold you be interested in seeing animated? Is there a story or set of circumstances that hasn't been done before?
Mu La Flaga

Ok, I'll give this a whirl.

1.After so many years and varying incarnations of Gundam set in the same universe or alternate universes, would you be able to come up with a unnique story/plot idea for a series?(00 tried to do this and did pretty well but still borrowed some ideas from previous Gundam shows)

2.Is there any Gundam side story or manga that deserved to become an animated series in your opinion?(eg Gundam SEED Astray)

3.Your most favourite mech from Super Robots and Real Robots?(pick 2 Supers and Reals, give a reason why, if it is design, weapons, powers, pilot/s ect)

4.Finally if you had to pick the most realistically portrayed real robot series, which one would it be and why?(eg Gasaraki, Full Metal Panic, Innocent Venus ect)

That is all, if they don't get picked I suppose I could repeat them another time :P
And thanks for at least glancing over my questions.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
phillosmaster

I've got a couple questions both pertaining to Overman King Gainer.

1.) I read the Anime News Network reviews and thought they were a bit too harsh on the series. What did you think of the series? Does it deserve the C+ average it got from ANN? I enjoyed the antics of the Siberian Railroad crew and the bizarre overman designs. For me the series was a refreshing change of pace, and I enjoyed it a great deal more than Brain Powered (another recent non-gundam Tomino effort which seems to have been reviewed more favorably on ANN).

2.) Do you think it's likely we'll ever get a continuation of the series, or other stories set in the same world? My only complaint with the series is the pacing, which culminated in an ending that felt rushed IMO. It left me wanting to know more about the characters and the setting.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
CyborgZeta

Question:

I've noticed that MAHQ has a Mecha section for Eureka Seven but doesn't have a corresponding Anime section for it. Why is that? And do you guys like the show?
My Anime/Manga stats.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
Furious Rodimus

Your given an unlimited budget and free reign to create a new Gundam product.

What do you make? And who do you include to produce it?
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
JQuilty

At the end of Char's Counterattack, do Amuro and Char really die? :D

On a more serious note, what are some American shows you guys enjoy? I know at the least SBR is a fan of the works of Bruce Timm. (And for the record, I think that his man from the DCAU is that wimpy obsessive guy that steals the construction mech in an early episode of Batman Beyond).
mannypooh

do you consider tekkaman blade to be a mecha anime, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?
The White Knight

Why does Aeolia Schenberg look like Minnesota Vikings Coach Brad Childress?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_ro ... 1264395300

Overall what gundam universe ship I.E. arcangel,White Base, Minerva do you think is superior to the others?
VentZX

Do you think that Unicorn seeing a simultaneous international release with both an English and Japanese Dub pave the way for more simultaneous releases in a similar manner? If so, do you think this is something only possible with OVAs like Unicorn, or is there any possibility for full fledged series to get this treatment (not airing on tv, but simultaneous home video releases)?
CanadaMan

I've found it strange that two out of the three Gundamn hosts use a moniker, while Chris goes with his real (I'm assuming birth name) name. Is this a holdover from FTS for SoulBro and Neo, or is Chris just showing the internet that he is a man unafraid of trolls?
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter