Ep. 044 - Dy-no-mite!!!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 044 - Dy-no-mite!!!

Happy B-Day to Soul Bro also, I only caught it earlier and when I came back from going out almost forgot to post about it.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
skyknight

Happy Birthday to you, Soul Bro!

Well, I check out on Macross Zero after finishing Frontier, as I was curious to know what happen exactly, instead of a one ep. reference to it.

The first air battle was almost like Top Gun, this is until the Anti-UN "Bird Man" showed up and wiped out Shin's aged F-14 squad, which is interesting that the US Navy has retired all of them in 2006 (vs '08 in Zero). (IIRC, the Anti-UN never use the term "Valkyrie" for their transforming fighters, right?) I think that's when a new age of weapons has entered the stage for the Macross universe, that everyone has to follow.

As a person that never saw the original Macross in its entirely, I was very confused by purpose of the Anti-UN group, and gotta say this group is really kicking the UN in its ass, but what really happen to them? And just to be sure, is Zero similar in a way with 0083, as it tries to tie-in an existing timeframe, but misses it in many other ways?

Also, is this the first time that we see the transformation from fighter mode to battroid mode from the view inside the cockpit (or at least in 3-D)?

A down point for me, which is mentioned by all of you guys, is definitely all the characters in this OVA, which needed be more fleshed out. Shin wasn't that great, other than pushing the engines to its limit; Mao was easy-going sister that you could get close to, while Sara, I don't know what the producer had in mind for her. And the series was more obsess with nature/mysticism than war/romance, as you guys mentioned that is was almost like entering the New World.

As with the "reenact" from Frontier, was there an official story from the producers on what happened after Zero with both Sara and Shin? IIRC, there was no clear indication that Shin returned back with Sara, or Mao married Shin and have children and started a new generation.

OK, I'll stop here, once again thank you guys for another great ep!

And I do look forward to hear on what you have to say on Full Metal Panic! in the future!
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
jabman025

happy birthday Soul Bro!, haveing you one year older makes me feel a little younger.

Oh and Neo, you destiny hater you, if ever there was a time we could sit down and debate Destiny pros and cons. I am fairly confident I would put you down! :lol:
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
CanadaMan

jabman025 wrote:Oh and Neo, you destiny hater you, if ever there was a time we could sit down and debate Destiny pros and cons. I am fairly confident I would put you down! :lol:
This I would pay to see.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
snoops619

Great episode as always. There's nothing really to add to the Gundam 3rd Decade discussion. I'm still having flashbacks of Nicol dying when I close my eyes. It haunts me.

Oh, and why the jab at Jeff Loeb and Heroes!?
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Taekmkm

I just have an utter fear that if ever the SEED movie comes out, it starts with a flashback montage.

Natarle dies once again!
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

jabman025 wrote:

Oh and Neo, you destiny hater you, if ever there was a time we could sit down and debate Destiny pros and cons. I am fairly confident I would put you down! :lol:
Is this a fight you really want to do? Sure I have no problem debating. But before you accept, you might want to re-listen the G-Savior.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
V2Buster

Destiny was garbage, I don't see why Neo would need to debate anything.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

V2Buster wrote:Destiny was garbage, I don't see why Neo would need to debate anything.
That's alittle harsh, but close in description.

The sad thing is I really wanted to like Destiny(Soul Bro can vouch), but I"ll never get back those last 30+ weeks of life.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote:
jabman025 wrote:

Is this a fight you really want to do? Sure I have no problem debating. But before you accept, you might want to re-listen the G-Savior.

I have listend to that debate but he was debating a lost cause. He was saying that G-Saviour was better than Zeta, witch is nothing short of madness.

I am not saying that Destiny was a great show, or even better than Seed for that matter. I am saying that it is a show that gets bashed to hard and to often. The way that many talk about it (I'm looking at you Neo) is that it was a waist of time to even watch the show. Destiny had its flaws but in the end the gundam franchise is better off with it, than without it.
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:
V2Buster wrote:Destiny was garbage, I don't see why Neo would need to debate anything.
That's alittle harsh, but close in description.

The sad thing is I really wanted to like Destiny(Soul Bro can vouch), but I"ll never get back those last 30+ weeks of life.
30 episodes?
What point did you consider Destiny to go downhill?
For me it was pretty much after 36 after the Freedom vs Impulse fight and things got skewered over who was in the spotlight at times.
hawk of endymion

Mu La Flaga wrote: 30 episodes?
What point did you consider Destiny to go downhill?
For me it was pretty much after 36 after the Freedom vs Impulse fight and things got skewered over who was in the spotlight at times.
It was decent till Break the World, got stupid with the wedding, and died like a Zeon Igloo pilot after that.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Mu La Flaga

Well the wedding and the clip show episodes during those periods I skipped over :P
(clip shows during that time were 20, 29)

And there were some boring or oddly paced episodes, but up until episode 34 is still good to me mostly.

And I changed it from 36 to 34 after checking the episodes on MAHQ.
hotlimit

I liked Destiny, but it is probably because (as Chris so eloquently pointed out) I don't pay too much attention to the actual shows after 10 episodes, I just glaze over and look at all the pretty mobile suits.

I mean hey, knowing what went on in a Gundam show- that's what Gundamn! is for!
hawk of endymion

hotlimit wrote:I liked Destiny, but it is probably because (as Chris so eloquently pointed out) I don't pay too much attention to the actual shows after 10 episodes, I just glaze over and look at all the pretty mobile suits.

I mean hey, knowing what went on in a Gundam show- that's what Gundamn! is for!
I guess that's one way to look at. Gundam SEED Destiny, great background noise.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

jabman025

I will continue to defend the merits and postive parts of Gundam Seed Destiny. I think it was a good series. I realize I will be lonely in this endavor, but thats okay.

PS any time any place Neo.......I am still conivinced I could put you down!
Mu La Flaga

To me it's not horrid either, just had some failure points.
So it's just bad in that respect.
I liked most of it but not everything.