Stage 2: Ambush!

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: Stage 2: Ambush!

--Cluster 20, Corridor 1F--

ignoring the sounds of gunfire in the background, jane thundered down the corridor, pushing the joysticks as far forward as they could go, she could see the access door to the control room and truth be told the door was wide open, with a yell she ran past Eric impulsively, eager to get inside as quickly as possible, abandoning any sense of caution she charged through the open door, skidding to halt the moment the raptors torso slid past the threshold.

"I'm at the objective!" she announced between breaths after quickly checking if the room was clear, unaware that her entrance had tripped a silent alarm. and that behind her a concealed 120mm sentry gun was activating.

---

--Cluster 20, Main Port--

Bohemund made his way to the center of the port just as the Bravarain baron and his team began their withdrawl, snarling with distaste he worked his way over to where team 4 was stationed, looking grimly at the chared wrecks that were originally LMF Raptors.
"Dammit, i should've guessed they'd self destruct their units." he complained to himself "these wrecks are useless for anything other than target practice." he then turned on his radio
"Ensigns Callow." he called to the pair "Status report, what the blazes is going on in there?"
Flag Fighter for life!
Kavik Ryx

"Oh Right," Max said to himself as he turned around to engage the the Pawns. He had two in his scopes with a third one approaching slowly. In a matter of seconds, he turned around attempted a somersault, and as he crashed on his metallic ass, managed to shoot off the arm of one of the enemies. Pushing himself back up, Max proceeded to swerve around trying to shoot at his enemy's weak points. He managed to fully disarm one before the other shot away his rifle. "Goddamn fogger." Forgetting how irresponsible it was, Max went on to jump towards the second unit, taking many shots to the torso, where he then took out his plasma blade and slice up the second one. He managed to spin around and take out the leg of the armless one as well. Unfortunately at this point, he was too in the moment to remember the third one who landed several shots at Max's head, taking out the main camera.
Fritz Ashlyn

Near the 1F Control Room

Cecil let out a loud and showy "ugh" of disdain as if there was someone in his cockpit to see it. Playing around with the enemy had been somewhat exiting, but with his victory assured he was already thinking about what sort of promotion they might bestow upon him for driving back a sizeable attack. Perhaps they'd give him a large medal! One with a nice ribbon he could display on his uniform. "This chasing and running has become tiresome," he said all at once, slapping at his controls (really, actually slapping at them) to make his mech slow out of it's lumbering jog. Luckily for him, or maybe not, he was close to the very control area the enemy was headed for.

Not knowing about the automated sentry system even though he had probably been told about it countless times during his training, he prepared to enter the room behind Jane. Then a voice crackled across the radio that elicited another "ugh". "Ensigns Callow," Bohemund demanded, "Status report. What in the blazes is going on in there?". Cecil took a moment to turn the radio to the proper channel, and then with a sniff of slight disdain answered, "Sir, my brother and I have broken the enemy's advance and are in pursuit. I'll be expecting quite a do to celebrate my victories today. Proper amusements, too, not a boring military... thing,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

--Main Port--

"Well... that was a big waste of time..." Alexander grumbled when the last of the Raptors self-detonated. Had they just pinned the enemy down with sentry guns and other turrets, they could have concentrated on the attack on the control floor.

With most of their forces down at the main port exhausted, the Dominion is only fighting on one leg. Alexander quickly motioned to his team to resupply while they still can. And if possible, they might get lucky enough to see some extra action and push away the second group of enemies.

--------------

--Corridor 1F--

Eric was caught by surprise when Jane and one of the tailing Pawns blew past him and entered the control room. He would have warned Jane about potential defenses had there been time to do so, but it looked like she figured out the hard way.

As soon as Jane entered the room, a hail of sentry gun fire spilled out of the door nearly hitting Eric's Raptor. He pulled up his shield to take a few hits before hiding behind the corner intersection. The gun continued to fire, leaving Eric to wonder if Jane's Raptor turned into Swiss cheese.

"S***..." he muttered before trying to reach Beta team over the radio.

"Oy oy! How's everything going up there Devi? I'm gonna need one of your heavy hitters down here."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Attomoku

C-20

Lady Dodgeson

Catherine's Pawn was not in the best of shape and groaned in protest as she danced around the plasma saber and defected the blow away from her suit with her makeshift CQC weapon. She knew it was just a short stop-gap and the plasma would soon eat though the arm-club so she used the opportunity to shove her acquired 90mm directly against the Raptor's saber arm and fired the last of the clip hoping it would short or drop the energy weapon.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Big Zabowski

-Devi-

"Right, Keekers!"

"Lekar! Get in there! Unless you want me to put a Raptor boot up your ass!"

Devi was still fiddling with her Raptor's weapon controls, having a nicely timed crash of her right arm's servo monitoring system. The joys of low budget, high tech weaponry that stretched the boundries of functional reliability. With a slam of a fist to the side of the power 'box'..thing, she finally got her servos in time to run to Donovan's aid.

Her own plasma weapon was unsheathed and soon thrusting toward the lower rear torso of Dodgeson's pawn.

"I love a good backstabbing.. don't you guys?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

Cluster 20, Corridor 1f/Control Room--

with a loud roar the sentry gun erupted into life, pummeling Janes raptor with heavy machine gun fire, it took several penetrating hits to the back, side, legs and shield before she could react, diving behind a concrete pillar whilst the gun continued to fire at whoever was behind her, warning lights blinking on and off like crazy in the cockpit while message after message of system shutdowns popped up on the main monitor.

++ Right thruster vernier destroyed ++
++ Armour Breach on left torso midsection ++
++ Main Hydraulic Fluid Reservoir punctured ++
++ No signal from Rear Camera ++
++ Secondary Battery Cell damaged, shutting down to conserve power ++
++ Vulcan Ammuntion Drum ruptured ++

jane stopped reading by this point and was looking at the left monitor screen, she could see the actual control booth itself, but the raptor was totalled and in no condition to move, and there no way she could make it through to the booth on foot without being shredded by the sentry gun, until she saw an maintenence access hatch by her rators foot, Perfect, it goes right underneath the floor and straight to the booth itself, but still i'd best make sure they can't get close enough.
with a deep breath, she pulled out her SDM-key and placed into the slot it was designed for, after it booted up she put in her name and access code, setting the self destruct sequence for 4 minutes.
that should buy me some time. she thought before grabbing the survival pack from behind the seat and opening the cockpit hatch, carefully riding down the zip line to the ground level. only after she had gotten inside the maintenence tunnel and closed the access hatch behind her did she stop to open up the survival pack, pulling out the issued MP7 PDW and checking the magazine, and then her watch.
2 minutes til detonation, well, here goes.
Flag Fighter for life!
Attomoku

(OOC: In an effort to get this beast rolling again at a half way decent speed (and get out of a tight spot) Im going to invoke the 48 rule after a week, however I know its a bit hectic around this time so in the spirit of the holidays I wont kill ya, I'll only take your arm :D )

C-20

Lady Dodgeson

At point blank range the 3.5 inch diameter shells impacted against the arm almost as if one on top of the other and the energy of their combined momentum against a relatively small area caused the armor to fail and splinter inwards, smashing apart the more delicate hydraulics and servos, locking the hadn and wrist in place. The remaining shells entered the breach and finished the job, cutting the main power relay and totaling anything still remotely intact. By the time the 90mm clicked with finality signaling it was out, the neon glow of the plasma weapon had sputtered and died.

Cat was about to congratulate herself when the proximity warning of her suit went off as Devi charged from behind, "So she's back..".
Thinking quickly, she dropped both of her scavenged weapons and grabbed Donovan's Raptor by the shoulder and now wrecked and weakened arm, stepped forwards, twisted, and using the Pawns greater mass, swung Donovan towards Devi as the wreaked arm came off of the Raptor from the stress exerted on it by the swing.
After using Donovan to counter the blow, she realized the magnitude of what she had acquired, "Now this kitty has claws too!" she taunted over the open channel and grinning madly she wrenched her prize from the fingers of her foe, wondering if it would work with her module.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

Outside the 1F Control Room

Without waiting for his CO's reply, Cecil attempted to locate the Raptor he had been following. At this juncture the appropriate direction to move in would be the direct opposite. He had done his job and fired off that horrid, loud machine gun to make a good show of it. "Now where did my dear 'lady' run to..." Cecil muttered as he craned his neck to find Jane through the smoke and dim lights. The noise and muzzle flash from the sentry gun was enough to get his attention, and he managed to find the Raptor it was firing at which was a small miracle of decuctive reasoning on his part. Unfortunately, he didn't know that the sentry gun fired at anything that entered the immediate area (especially if that 'anything' didn't send a security code to identify itself as friendly like it was trained to), and he soon found himself the target of the gun's ire as Jane took cover.

"This isn't supposed to happen!" Cecil protested unimpressively as heavy machine gun rounds splashed across his mech, biting into the thick armor and setting off warning alarms. He tried to strafe left out of the stream of bullets and realized he was too close to the wall to move in that direction when the Pawn bumped into the metal bulkhead. "Not proper at all... totally unacceptable... really now... I must insist..." he sputtered, scrambling to find his way out of danger. The door back to the corridor was still the closest thing that would get him away from the horrid sentry weapon, so he slammed his feet down on the thruster control pedals in a panic.

Unfortunately for everyone in the area outside the control room section, the other half of the Callow brothers had returned in a blind, thruster-assisted stumble backwards. Cecil plowed into Donovan's Raptor, preventing it from hitting Devi, and the two giant robots crashed into the opposite wall with the Pawn's rockets still firing. The mecha collapsed in a pile of metal and the thrusters on Cecil's unit cut off when he realized what had happened. "I've got you! A perfect, uh, shoulder charge!" Cecil stammered, coming up with a reason for why he had run into Donovan. He tried to make his Pawn stand, but the tangled limbs and awkward landing made it not unlike a turtle on its back. "I see your inferior moon suit has been disabled by my attack. Mark another victory on Cecil Callow's tally!"
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Xvlai

C-20

Leikar’s Raptor was speeding towards Bonito’s Pawn too quickly to stop. It didn’t help that thick smoke still obscured his vision. He practically collided with the Pawn, his Raptor only came to a screeching halt when it partially collided with the Pawn. His attack which had been aimed squarely in the back of the Pawns chest instead sliced into its lower left hip. Donovan’s attack had pushed the Pawn such that it was closer to Leikar then when he had initially eyeballed. Slashing his weapon he diagonally cut up and to the left damaging the Pawn further, but missing the cockpit entirely.

Pulling out his weapon he was about to make the killing blow when his radio crackled, "Lekar! Get in there! Unless you want me to put a Raptor boot up your ass!" Gritting his teeth Leikar pulled back and headed back the way he came. The Teutonic Knight could finish the job from here, moving down the hallway Leikar turned off and clasped his sword back into its rack and picked up his dropped 90mm. Ejecting the spent clip Leikar reloaded a fresh magazine and rolled off towards the control room.

Leikar never heard Donovan’s frantic cries for help. He was too distracted on internally damning his CO to a terrible fate, so distracted he didn’t even affirm that he heard the order. The women had no manners, and even worse she had managed to mispronounce his name, again. Coming up behind Eric’s Raptor, he mimicked his actions and raised his shield while crooking his 90mm on his forearm. Leaving enough room in case the two needed to maneuver, Leikar still simmering and annoyed flipped his communication over to the other team’s channel, “What do you need me to do?” He followed that a few seconds later with a grudging, “Sir.”
King Monkey

At first, Percival was too stunned by the ferocity of the assault on his brother to do anything but stare. Then, the chance to not only one up his sibling, but also place him firmly in his debt brightened his expression.

"Fear not, dear brother! I'll save you from this lowbred mendicant!" Percival charged forward, paying no heed to the warning buzzer that told him that his battery was starting to run low. The annoying thing went off at the most inopportune times. He would have to talk to someone about getting it fixed.

Getting a good angle on it, Percival fired at the strange enemy frame that was attacking his brother. He'd never seen one like it before and assumed that it must be some new prototype. When he destroyed it, he was sure to get a medal. Maybe even an exceptionally fancy one since he was saving someone while also defeating an enemy. Commanding officers liked that kind of thing.

The elder Callow burned up most of his remaining clip before the Sentry gun suffered enough damage to stop firing. The loading mechanism jammed and the stresses caused a round to go off in the chamber, exploding it and rendering the defensive gun useless.

"Huzzah! Victory!" Percival declared, brandishing his gun over his head triumphantly.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
The Big Zabowski

-Devi-

*blink*

Just as Dodgeson had finished her epitaph, one of the hapless Callow brothers happened upon their little duel, and promptly decided to... FUBAR it.

"Donovan!"

She couldn't help but hiss at the fool's attempt at stopping Leikar, only to do a FML assault on one of his own sentry guns.

"Leikar, get down to the Control room and assist the other team. They've lost a pilot and need backup! Go!"

But the proximity alarms in her cockpit wrenched her view from the failures that were the Callows to Dodgeson's pawn as it charged toward her own Raptor. A comforting grin came to her face as the pilot came at her with a dimly, barely lit plasma knife.

"Well, there in lies the problem.. it looks like she hasn't used that certain claw before."

Devi brought her own weapon to bare and leaping over the mass of suits cluttering the hallway, used the distracted Percival as a springboard, and made to land behind the charging Pawn with a blaze of vulcan fire into the back of the suit's head.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Attomoku

C-20

Lady Dodgeson

As vulcan fire caused static to wash across her screen, Catherine ducked and rolled away from the blow, picking up poor Bonito's 120 as she went and fired blindly behind her, after seeing that the blade was not nearly as effective as it should be and her power dipped at an alarming rate when active, she decided that making a run with her prize was the better option until she could make it work proper. She continued to fire blindly back at Devi as she weaved and dodged around the inept Callow's, hoping that they could slow the she-wolf or perhaps discourage pursuit. Firing one last burst the Cheshire Cat did its vanishing act and disappeared from view around the corner into an access shaft back towards the hanger. "I love you b*tch, lets play again soon, alright?" she taunted Devi as she left.
EZero8

-Corridor 1F-

Eric was about to tell Leikar to follow him in a breakaway attempt to take down the sentry gun, but in a rather awkward turn of events one of the bumbling Pawns from earlier arrived and destroyed it. Eric could barely utter out a word, absolutely amazed at the ineptness of the pair of enemy soldiers. On the bright side, they seemed oblivious that Eric was still there.

"Well... uhh... that solved our problem," Eric started. "Leikar, give me some cover fire. I'll take care of these Pawns. Once we reach the objective, we'll be able to take complete control of the facility and their defense systems to drive them out."

Mounting up his machine gun, Eric pulls out his plasma blade and dashes out of the corner. He quickly comes up on both Callows from behind, slashing at their Pawns' legs as he rushed into the control room.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
blind_dead_mcjones

--Cluster 20, Control room maintenence tunnel--

1 minute left, jane muttered to herself as she checked her watch, quickly yet carefully making her way through the tunnel, being extra cautious after what happened the last time she rushed in blindly, above she could hear muffled sporadic gunfire, before long the whole area shook as she felt the dulled shockwave of a small explosion, the hell is going on up there? as if answering her her question the helmet radio suddenly crackled to life.

"---kar, give me some cover fire. I'll take care of these Pawns. Once we reach the objective, we'll be able to take complete control of the facility and their defense systems to drive them out."

Sh*t! they don't know that my unit is about to blow up! Jane internally swore as realisation hit her, immediately she began fumbling with her radio.

"Sir! keep away from the pillars in the control room, Talisman is sitting next to one and is set to cook off in-" she stopped to check her watch again. "30 seconds."

---

--Cluster 20, main port--

"I'm sure you did" Bohemund replied condescendingly, grimacing at Cecil's celebration request. I'l have to go over the combat records from all the pawns to verify their claims.
"There will only be cause for celebration when we actually drive them out of here." he reminded them, though he was probably talking to thin air by this point, seeing no further point in staying in the port he set off on a slow plod into the bowels of the satelite, intent on taking out his frustration for the embarrasment of the port engagement on any enemy he could find.
Flag Fighter for life!
Kavik Ryx

Cluster 20

"Well this sucks" Max said to himself. With his camera out, he opened his hatch to compensate, where in he flung his saber towards the incoming Pawn, followed by the remaining shots in his magazine. The Pawn went down, but not before disjointing one of the Raptor's joints. "That was a load," he said to himself as he turned around and made his way to the control room.

Reaching the control room was eventless, though aggravating, and Max was absolutely surprised just how clear the path was at this point. Within a few seconds, he made out a faint signal on his radio saying something about an auto destruct signal. He look around only to notice a downed Raptor. "Oh balls" he thought to himself. "What do we have here?"
King Monkey

Percival wasn't at all clear on what all the displays and sirens and warning signals meant on his Pawn. There were simply too many screens and noises for him to pay attention to and care about. Perhaps a coarser mind could understand it all more easily, but his refined mind was better suited to finer things like opera and vintage wine and fashion and light, fluffy pastries.

Thus, he had no idea what was happening as Eric flashed by and severed an important relay in his Pawn's leg. "What is wrong with you, you infernal machine!" he shouted as the frame sank to one knee. "That's not what I told you to do!"

Before he could berate the inanimate object any further or try to correct its unwanted actions, he caught sight of Eric. "Ha! Another foe. Prepare to die you contemptible egg!"

He got the Raptor dead in his sights and pulled the trigger, certain of another kill. Unfortunately, his glorious victory over the Sentry Gun left him with very little ammo in his clip. Only a handful of rounds rocketed toward his enemy before the bolt locked open on an empty chamber!

"Curse you, curse you, curse you! Who designed you? Why didn't they give you more bullets!" he exclaimed, once more turning his ire onto his machine and its perceived failings.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
ScornMandark

C-20

Dodgeson's attack on his right arm left Donovan's Raptor screaming alarms and notifications at him. His monitor filled with warnings and alarms, and as he tried to clear his screen to see again from the cockpit, he felt his frame lurch, torque, and impact. His head met his safety handle above his seat, and for a moment, he blacked out.

He quickly came to, blood seeping into his right eye from a cut on his forehead. His Raptor had managed to clear most of the alarms, just in time to see a Pawn rocket into the hallway and slam him into a wall. He could faintly hear Devi yelling, "Donovan!!" A mildly comforting thought, someone actually gave a damn about him.

As the two mismatched metal hit the floor, Donovan heard, of all things, a voice through his comm. "I've got you! A perfect, uh, shoulder charge!" A moment of servo motion accomplishing no movement, then, "I see your inferior moon suit has been disabled by my attack. Mark another victory on Cecil Callow's tally!"

Callow? Donovan tried to remember if he had ever heard the name before he left for the moon. Didn't seem familiar, but then again, all those noble types faded into a long list of inbred incompetents.

Donovan flipped on his own thrusters, putting a gout of flame between himself and the Pawn on his back. Hopefully it would either encourage the Welshman to get up more effectively, or it would blow him off. Either was acceptable.

"Cellow? I'fe never heard of ze Cellows. Zat must be one of de more minor families, ya?" While he taunted his opponent, he desperately scanned his sensors to see who the hell was left. Hopefully Devi had made it out.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Attomoku

C-20

Lady Dodgeson

Cat ran into Bohemund on her way back to the the hanger and the Shireen,
"Barron, What of the situation in the Port, is it secure? I acquired some vital tech and am running on fumes, So don't want to give this back to them if at all possible." She was communicating on the short wave to save power and hadn't accessed the secure info-net for the same reason, she was down to 18%. The bad leg's ancillary support systems that kept her moving at a reasonable clip were eating power fast now and figured she had just enough to get her back to the ship.
blind_dead_mcjones

--Cluster 20--

"the port is secure." Bohemund replied, try to refrain from letting his frustration show. " but seeing as the attack there was a diversion it won't be for long once they get to the control room, Ponce De Leon's is currently on overwatch in the port, and i have no idea what those bravarian sons of whores are up to, the only time they assisted was after all the hard work had already been done." his sour mood lifted slightly at hte mention of captured enemy tech.

"That is the only bit of good news i've heard all day." he looked over lady dodgesons heavily damaged unit. "you have any spare ammo clips for the 120mm that you could hand over? it'l lighten the load and i'll need as much ammo as i can muster if i want to successfully drag back those two whelps i've been charged with babysitting, speaking of which whats the status of our units up ahead?
Flag Fighter for life!