VOTOMS

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Ryvius

Re: VOTOMS

Chris wrote:
Ryvius wrote:Any word on Takahashi directing? I would assume so, since he's directed everything in the franchise so far I believe including the newer Pailsen Files.
Not quite. He directed everything except Merowlink.
Huh, maybe I confused that with info from MyAnimeList... they also listed him as the director for Blue Gender, which definitely isn't true either. :x
TakaTahuNuva

Official Site updated! With a promotional video! :D

First episode, Uoodo, will be released on March 26th.
ohhhh snap
Destiny_Gundam

The minute long promo is apparently being narrarated by Vanilla and Cocoa's daughter.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
TakaTahuNuva

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The minute long promo is apparently being narrarated by Vanilla and Cocoa's daughter.
...Which I'm guessing is one of the children peeking above Gotho about halfway through the vid. Cool!
ohhhh snap
Destiny_Gundam

... So much for Phantom arc being the last chapter in the franchise ^^"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... s-revealed
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Bonesy!

i remember the understanding being that the next OVA is going to be the last one with Chirico and co or something
gale_wolf

Destiny_Gundam wrote:... So much for Phantom arc being the last chapter in the franchise ^^"
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... s-revealed
Also some info here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=157749#msg7244195
TakaTahuNuva

Three new OVAs besides Phantom Arc?

...OH YES.

Those are some pretty sweet-lookin' ATs, too. I wonder if Case; Irvine and VOTOMS Finder will intertwine with one another...
ohhhh snap
Dorne

Votoms OVA Preview

This is a 15 second preview for most of the new VOtoms that's coming out in the near future. The first episode of the Phantom Arc is already out. Truly a great year for VOTOMS fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhi5dhuQoEA
"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: votoms.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."
lol.
TakaTahuNuva

Re: Votoms OVA Preview

Well, here's the older VOTOMS topic, so I guess discussion can be continued there?

Regarding the (really hardcore) preview - I am really glad Finder and Case;Irvine will have traditional animation rather than the CGI that's been used in Pailsen Files and Phantom Arc. A great year for VOTOMS fans, indeed!
ohhhh snap
ShadowCell

new VOTOMS thread merged into old VOTOMS thread.

carry on. =D
Bonesy!

Stupid search function. Thank goodness I remembered I posted in the old thread.

I finally finished the series last week, and right now i'm watching The Last Red Shoulder. I plan on just going through the series in release order. This would make VOTOMS the first long-term franchise I've seen most of once I'm done.
liubei013

Hmm...where to start...

My attention was first directed to VOTOMs by the good people at Gundamn!, and eventually got the entire series on DVD via RightStuf and loved it. I went on to watch all the assorted OVAs, including Pailsen Files, Last Red Shoulder, Big Battle, and Shining Heresy. Just got into the Phantom Arc but also delighted at the news of the upcoming OVAs.

@TakuTahu: Oh, yeah, that was definitely most welcome news. CG Mecha doesn't seem to mesh all that well with more 'traditional' character animation for some reason.
Mattokaiser

I have a question for those of you who own the dvds for Votoms. Having just finished with the series and most of the OVAs I was wondering what's the difference between the Nutech dvds and the US Manga Corps dvds? I've found both on Amazon in full sets but the US Manga Corps version is about $30 more expensive. So if there are differences between the two, are they big enough to justify the price difference?
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
Chris
Administrator

Yes, the differences are huge. The original Nutech DVDs are hardsubbed, spread across 16 discs and have VHS-quality video. The CPM boxset has remastered video, softsubs, commentary and other extras. It's worth the money.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
tHeWasTeDYouTh

The only votoms I have seen is Pailsen Files, I need to give this series a try since a lot of people like it
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Mattokaiser

I've been watching all of Votoms recently for the first time, and I decided to do it chronologically from when it was made. I have to say, I absolutely loved the series and I can really understand why it's such a classic with most people. I highly recommend checking it out.

Thanks heaps for that info Chris, it really helped out.
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
MilkManX

Hello there.

I registered here forever ago..

Anyway.

Glad to see some VOTOMs fans.

I am re-watching the series again for the 3rd time since I bought the box set years ago.

Still awesome and captivating.

Anyone play the VOTOMs RPG?

I am thinking of playing it with some friends but changing the rule set to the more friendly Swords and Wizardry rules.
...That day, the accursed war which had so disrupted my destiny ended. But its end was ultimately meaningless for me. The moment I saw her, my own private war had begun...a war for which there would be no end...
YazanGable

Have toyed with trying out the game, actually.

Problem is finding a group around here interested in running with it.
Had a possible idea for at least a short campaign, but only know one other person here familiar with VOTOMS, which presents a problem in pitching it.
MilkManX

Yeah I hear ya on that.

Only a handful of people are aware of Votoms and out of those how many do RPG's? Hardly any.

I play RPG's with a regular group and we have been doing Swords & Wizardry for a year now and the GM is getting burnt and wanted someone else to host a game.

That is why I thought of using the same rule set and converting the stats from Votoms to this.

Anyway.

Watched Last Red Shoulder and Roots of Ambition yesterday.

Wow.

I really loved both of them. My only quibble was the kind of heavy handed Ypsiolon/Proto-One interaction in Last Red Shoulder.

Roots of Ambition I was familiar with as I had read the CPM comic of Supreme Survivor.

So far 2/2 on the expanded Votoms universe for me.

Still to watch are...

Big Battle
Shining Heresy
Merrowlink(watched some bits but need to sit down with it..)
Pailsen Files
Phantom Arc

Should I go to Pailsen files next or in production order?
...That day, the accursed war which had so disrupted my destiny ended. But its end was ultimately meaningless for me. The moment I saw her, my own private war had begun...a war for which there would be no end...