Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zero Revenge

Re: New Code Geass Project

Also, from the Newtype January issue, there's going to be a new manga series serialized in Shonen Ace.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt28 ... -aebf2.jpg

Good to see another person in Knights of Rounds clothing. Let's hope he doesn't die 7 seconds after being introduced.

I'll hold back on the hailing Britannia.... for now.
AmuroNT1

That "KoR" character looks awfully like a long-haired Lelouch.

Anyhoo, art style kinda reminds me of NoN. Wonder how this'll turn out.

Also, preemptively I'd like to point out that this manga is not necessarily, nor is it likely to be, the "new project", so hopefully people won't rush to judgement based off of a single blurry magazine scan.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Sume Gai

AmuroNT1 wrote:That "KoR" character looks awfully like a long-haired Lelouch.
Need I point out the symbol that 'seems' to be on his cape is that of the Black Knights?

This new project definitely interests me but till we know more there's not much else to say.

There are a lot of entertaining possibilities; I do just hope they don't have Lelouche pull a Mwu; I doubt Tanaguchi would allow that but Lelouche is likely a -very- profitable name for Sunrise. A retelling or alternate time-line could be fun though.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Arsarcana

There's more than one thing on the way apparently, though whether it all follows a common thread is up in the air.

http://www.geass.jp/new_project/index.html

Lots of potential here, whatever they decide to do. AU, side story, retelling, whatever. Sounds like we're getting new music out of the deal too and that's never bad. Hey, we might even get a game that actually lets us pilot Knightmares as part of the deal.
Symbolhime

God, I hope it's Nightmare of Nunally.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
T.V.

Well, this is what ANN has to say about it:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ch-in-2010

The manga's tentative title is "Code Geass: Jet-Black Renya" or "Code Geass: Renya of the Blackness."
Apparently it's scripted by Goro Taniguchi no less (which also is a first for him).
Anime News Network wrote:The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions.
It's not clear if it will tie-in directly with the newly announced animated works, but in any case it seems like they aren't done with Lelouch just yet.
AmuroNT1

Considering this is set in the Edo period, that's probably just an identical ancestor of Lelouch's. Somehow I doubt there's any way for the real deal to somehow travel back in time.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

krullnar

I don't know this is CG we're talking about crazier things have happened.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Amadi Akintunde

The Edo Period? Mechanical left arm?

Science Fictional History?
Nagato21

Is it possible that Rai from the Lost Color game might make an appearance?
I always thought that Code Geass might be even awesome in a medieval fantasy like Escaflowne period. Guymelef and a Lelouch King of Fanelia, that would be awesome (an interesting fic idea I might add)
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
AmuroNT1

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... considered

Short version: The staff is holding off on saying what exactly the new project is (IE TV show, movie, whatev.), but they are interested in a stage musical. Which I, for one, would find hilariously awesome (or awesomely hilarious). Moreso if, like Prince of Tennis, the cast features Kamen Rider alumni.

Kenji

Somehow, the idea of a Code Geass musical is one I can get behind with no trouble, whatsoever. If you asked me why, though, I'd draw a complete blank.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ZeroBusterXX

Kenji wrote:Somehow, the idea of a Code Geass musical is one I can get behind with no trouble, whatsoever. If you asked me why, though, I'd draw a complete blank.
Probably because Code Geass (Minus the Knightmare combat) seems like something that would be shown on a stage.

What with the fancy costumes and the effeminate men and all.
JEFFPIATT

Somehow i just think the anime was funny by having zero played by the 2nd black power ranger in the eng dub.
Kavik Ryx

ZeroBusterXX wrote:
Kenji wrote:Somehow, the idea of a Code Geass musical is one I can get behind with no trouble, whatsoever. If you asked me why, though, I'd draw a complete blank.
Probably because Code Geass (Minus the Knightmare combat) seems like something that would be shown on a stage.

Well they've got the over the top theatrics. But is it a style you can really emulate on stage? I think the guy was being more tongue in cheek than anything else.
ZeroBusterXX

Kavik Ryx wrote:
ZeroBusterXX wrote:

Well they've got the over the top theatrics. But is it a style you can really emulate on stage? I think the guy was being more tongue in cheek than anything else.
If Bleach, Prince of Tennis and Ace Attorney can be adapted to the stage, I can see no reason as to why it wouldn't work for Code Geass.
vindKtiv

Somehow i just think the anime was funny by having zero played by the 2nd black power ranger in the eng dub.
Johnny Yong Bosch did Lelouch? *quick Wikipedia*
Nice, I'll definitely have something to look forward to when I buy the DVDs. Bosch did an okay job overall (read: great job relatively to other dubs) in the Last Remnant and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. The fact that he use to be a Power Ranger pretty much makes him a must see.
If Bleach, Prince of Tennis and Ace Attorney can be adapted to the stage, I can see no reason as to why it wouldn't work for Code Geass.
The massive scale Knightmare combat is definitely going to be hard to adapt. Other than that, I agree with the fact that Code Geass would fit for a musical.
Heecarl_Reez

Small pics,but I think we've found the answer

EDIT:Decided to use another link..
Last edited by Heecarl_Reez on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
quasadra

"404 error, page not found"

oookay....

*back to sleep*
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Dark Duel

vindKtiv wrote:Johnny Yong Bosch did Lelouch? *quick Wikipedia*
Nice, I'll definitely have something to look forward to when I buy the DVDs. Bosch did an okay job overall (read: great job relatively to other dubs) in the Last Remnant and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. The fact that he use to be a Power Ranger pretty much makes him a must see.
Yeah. Also, he makes a pretty darn good Ichigo Kurosaki in the Bleach dub.
I've met him - he's a great guy to boot.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."