It's all in your head

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
M.U.N.

Re: It's all in your head

I've been having dreams where I die in them lately....is that supposed to mean anything?
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

M.U.N. wrote:I've been having dreams where I die in them lately....is that supposed to mean anything?
Well, I'd say it depends. I know I didn't create this thread in order to probe into other people's brains, but would you care to elaborate? =)

Otherwise, this link that Wedge provided earlier in the discussion may help you out. Sweet dreams, sir. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Oooh, I had a dream awhile back about this freaking EPIC Gundam MMO that was world wide, and everthing! Oh, man it was so sweet! In long range combat you'd have to aim through your cockpit and stuff, but if you switched to melee it went third person and the slashes were like the game controls from R.A.D. The graphics were so freaking awesome too. And ,yes, I know dream graphics are real life in your head, but the game actually had video game graphics and not real-life with mecha and a control list on your right HUD. And it had this rank system where low lvls fought as Tanks, Planes, Turrets, Troops, and other non-mecha units and then higher lvls could use a wider range of mecha and even customize their mech when they get an "Amazing Feat" (An acheivment?) Super high lvls could control battle ships or the "home"(White base type ships) battle ship in game. You also fought over territories and stuff too! And being a turret gunner is way more fun than it sounds xD I could go on forever, but I won't. I was sad when I woke up because I LOVE video games, but exited that something awesome like that happened.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
quasadra

the game in my sig is your next best thing. :twisted: but i would play a game like that. its like combining every genre out there into a MMO with COD 4 level up system. and we also need some war room for diffrent clans. :lol:
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
M.U.N.

Seraphic wrote:
M.U.N. wrote:I've been having dreams where I die in them lately....is that supposed to mean anything?
Well, I'd say it depends. I know I didn't create this thread in order to probe into other people's brains, but would you care to elaborate? =)

Otherwise, this link that Wedge provided earlier in the discussion may help you out. Sweet dreams, sir. =o
Thanks, though that confuses me a bit more because i'm not sure which reason it is behind the dreams.
I've only had them a couple times so far, which might be a good thing, and I can't really remember the details leading up to it.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

in my latest dream I wake up in a deserted battle ravaged city with various mecha sparawled out where they fell during the conflict. the palce is erriely quite, and there are no living members of either force around, like both sides where forced to a hasty retreat. the smeel of the battle field is strong, yet it's obvious a fresh warzone because there's no smell of death or decay, despite the many bodies. all sound seems to be muted with only my noise audiable. even when the building I stumbled out of begins colapssing in on itslef there's no noise from it, but when a piece of rock from the building trikes my boot it makes the expected sound. beyond that I note that my left arm is numb and bleeding so I begin wandering around the city looking for first aid supplies in order to patch myself up. despite the large qunatiies of blood left in my wake (even with me applying pressure to an adhavoced dressing the blood flows like it wasn't treated and fresh) I'm completely aware of the enviroment. the deam ended uneventfully with me finding a blasted hospital and entering to find the aforementined supplies.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Red Comet90

Crash that dream sounds so realistic its scary. I think if I had that dream I'd wake up in a cold sweat. Although your dream was rather cool! 8)

I had this dream back in August of 08 but I still remember it since it was so weird. For some reason a multitude of people had gathered at my High school but it looked like the buildings next to Big Ben in London without Big Ben. It was dark and the parking lot outside was full. In order to get to the doors you had to climb up these huge church like steps. Getting inside its me, my mom, and one of my friends. We sit down and watch whats going on on stage. 5 people are standing there receiving awards and some man says how we should all be like them. Then suddenly transformers either burst through the roof or through the doors or both. Regardless an evil Optimus Prime gets on stage and says "Look at how fake these humans are. You will see their true colors!" He said something along those lines then they slowly disinflitated becoming really skinny. All 3 of us run out to the lobby. My mom complains about a bill to someone we walk outside and everyone is running for their lives. We jump in our van (my mother somehow caught up with us after running away in the lobby) and some skank looking girl joins us and I look at my friend weirdly as he explains why he's friends with a skank. I nod and we drive off. The end.

I wish it would've kept going but it ended before good megatron could save the day. :wink:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Kenji

I had a strange dream when I took a nap right after my Digital Computer Organization final (I feel like I did well on that, btw). It was vivid and I had an accurate memory of it, which is pretty rare.

I was in Silent Hill, just exploring a busted underpass, looking for anything of interest. Climbing a rope that led up into the shattered ceiling, I found messages carved into various desks, chairs, etc. that were stored up there (no idea why there were desks and chairs stored in the concrete of an underpass). As I was reading them, I noticed I wasn't alone. There were children all around me.

These children were delicate, as if they were made of light or gossamer, or somesuch. They wore white and had pale skin and light hair, but overall seemed quite serene. I didn't mind them being around me, despite the obvious weirdness of it all (that I was very aware of). They didn't mind my presence, either. There was no talking or anything like that, just them wandering around and me continuing my search.

Then, suddenly, all of them climbed back down the rope to the highway below. I followed: I had nothing better to do. As I was following these children out from beneath the underpass, I noted to myself that it'd be Murphy's Law if they turned out to be Pyramid Head's kids (players of the Silent Hill franchise will know what I'm talking about).

Lo and behold, there he was, and the children were approaching him. I had this feeling as if he was their caretaker or camp counselor and didn't think anything bad would happen to the children despite the fact that it was the classical Pyramid Head image: bloody, rusty, flesh smock and rusted iron pyramidal helmet, carrying a large sledgehammer that I imagined had been used to drive railroad spikes back in the transcontinental days.

No, I was more worried about myself. Aptly so, since Pyramid Head noticed me and came after me. He didn't walk, he didn't shuffle, he ran. He was like a marathon runner going at a sprinter's pace, the way he was booking it. Freaking out, I turned and ran back to the underpass, coming out the other side to a dead end. James was there.

I tried to explain what was going on, but there really was no need, what with Pyramid Head running full steam behind me. Somehow, one of my friends from university, Liz, was also being chased by him (she was behind me). Quickly, James and I ran on either side, trying to confuse him. Somehow, that got us past, so the three of us (James, Liz, and I) were running down the highway, away from Pyramid Head.

I say "away," but that wasn't exactly the case. Since it could outrun us, it was flanking us and trying to attack. We were throwing whatever we had on us at it to try and distract it. Eventually, we managed to get ahead and end up at a narrow bridge over the pine forest. It was large enough to accomodate one person walking, but it was very sturdy - nothing like a rope bridge. However, for some reason, it was stuffed, end-to-end with outdoor air conditioning units, making it difficult to get through.

Liz tried to squeeze through the side, but I remember telling her that these AC units wouldn't stop Pyramid Head and told her to do as I was doing: climbing onto and running atop them (the AC units were taller than the bridge guardrails, making this seem very precarious). Surely enough, the door did burst open and Pyramid Head started swatting aside the air conditioning units like they were nothing.

And that's when I woke up.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
crashlegacy14

What follows is the dream I had when I passed out today fwhen I was surpsoe to be completeing my drawing of the Azure 08...

MY awareness of my surroundings began with the taste of copper, I blink my eyes to adjust them to the strange hospit light (like over-exposed photographs) light pours into the troom through a hole in the west wall (i'm only sure it wa west because the sun was visable throguh it and I sensed it was after noon) but any way, the light falls upon my slef and a group of 6 humanoids, they are dead each of them in some state of dismemberement, their drak red-nearly black blood in pooling, there's alot of blood splattered about.

their features are mostly human, but their faces are dominated by the tusk like 1 1-2 long incisors. their noses a snubed, the nostles easy visable from even directly ahead and thier skin is pebbled, with white leading into deep reds on their backs. they appeared to be dressed in military fatigues, with heavy armor hpaazordly attached onto it. six assualt rifles lay near thier boddies, spent shells lay everywhere.

For some reason I know they are "the enemy" and yet after the few moments that it akes for me to draw all this inn I become sikened and lightheaded by the sight of their bodies. I hurl after losing my blance and falling into the gore. I notice as I whipe my mouth with my fore arm that my hands now end in wicked, strong-looking claws, that my entire forearms are darkened to a deep gray with black molts along this new coloration.

Confused and shocked I stagger out of the room containing the corpses I recognize the halls as I move looking for a reflective surface so as to see how altered I am. I'm in the hostpial from my previous post, this deam apaprently picking up alittle after the last one left off, and as one would expect from sequal the geenral uncomfortable atmosphere of the previous dream is pressent complete with the ackward, heavy silence in the air.

I end up using a gurny for a makeshift mirror and I find the I'm mostly the same as my real world self, only their significantly more muscel on my light frame, my eyes are now red, and the teeth in my mouth look to me almost exclusively incisors. I also ntoice a few new wounds, given thier shape, the deepness, and the previous room I believe I've been shot four times, and nicked several other times, yet oddly there's no pain from these wounds even as I dig into my own shoulder to extract the bullet using my new claws. my eyes focus on the gleam of the deformed chunk of metal I pulled from my shoulder to the point my vision blurs this marks the end of the dream.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Sume Gai

I I may have just woken up from the strangest dream I've ever had, which may not be saying much since it's pretty rare I even have dreams.

My dream began as typical evening at home with my sister and her dog visiting dinner. However a package arrived just before we sat down to eat. It was a Zaku model kit I had ordered. We had dinner then I came back and opened the kit. Inside was a standard looking set of MG runners and a bear. A young, but definitely living brown bear. The Idea which I proceeded to do was to build the kit around the bear i remember finishing the legs and torso before stopping for the evening.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Seraphic

Was....was the bear 1/60 scale?? :P

Been having a lot of dreams I haven't posted about.

A memorable one I had from a long while ago....I was parked outside my old high school at night for some reason. When I left the building and was headed back out to the car, I saw these hoodlums just kicking and jumping on my car. I briskly walked up to confront the matter. I didn't yell at them or push them away. I just reached out for one of them and snapped his neck. I did the same for another one. Things got hazy after that.

So...uh...I guess I'm not the sort of person who picks fights, but when they start, I tend to solve them in the most direct manner possible.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

crashlegacy14

Sume Gai wrote:I I may have just woken up from the strangest dream I've ever had, which may not be saying much since it's pretty rare I even have dreams.

My dream began as typical evening at home with my sister and her dog visiting dinner. However a package arrived just before we sat down to eat. It was a Zaku model kit I had ordered. We had dinner then I came back and opened the kit. Inside was a standard looking set of MG runners and a bear. A young, but definitely living brown bear. The Idea which I proceeded to do was to build the kit around the bear i remember finishing the legs and torso before stopping for the evening.

this makes me imagine a living teddy bear like creature dressed in zaku like armor(see random mecha mursame) running around a suburban(sp?) house popping people randomly with a air soft zaku machine gun or a zaku bazooka that fires shells that explode into a gooey bubble gum like sticky material. all the while the bear is yelping of quotes from gundam's many zeon characters and calling everyone earthnoids and feddies.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
UC fan

Okay, a few years ago I had a dream where I was in Rome and I was being fed to some Lions, No joke, I mean I could almost feel the claws slashing at me, it was graphic.
Antares

I had a spell of high fever two weeks ago and I thought I could Skill. You would have to have read Robin Hobb's books to understand what I mean. It was pretty cool though. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
CidHighwind

I actually stopped dreaming several years ago. Its believed you are always dreaming when asleep, but I never remember any of mine, anymore. Very seldom do I notice I fell asleep, and most of the time, the next thing I notice is that its morning and I am awake. 8 hours in a second.

They used to be very vivid and colorful, however.
Seraphic

I had a dream one of my best friends was being unbelieveably annoying to me, so I lost it and punched him in the mouth. Afterwards I tried to apologize to him but he would not speak to me really. The rest of the dream was awkward like that.

My negative feelings about the guy must be manifesting themselves I guess, as I haven't lost control like that for years, dream or otherwise. He was acting like a friggin' two year old, and I punched him with my left hand, strangely enough--not even my dominant one.

I wish he could help himself and bother to change or grow up. He's basically been coasting through life ever since his father passed away. I want to talk him out of it so bad.....
-Antares

TheGoose

From what I can remember I dreamed that I went to some place for a school project. However, instead of researching for my project, I stated behind and spent my time trying to get a poster of Osamu Tezuka characters from the gift shop.
Dark Duel

Sume Gai wrote:It was a Zaku model kit I had ordered. We had dinner then I came back and opened the kit. Inside was a standard looking set of MG runners and a bear. A young, but definitely living brown bear. The Idea which I proceeded to do was to build the kit around the bear i remember finishing the legs and torso before stopping for the evening.
For some odd reason, when I read "bear" the first thing that came to mind was a mental picture of this thing with a Zaku II-style monoeye and command antenna stuck onto its head like a helmet, and a Zaku II machinegun tacked onto its back instead of those dual guns. :) Guess I'm just weird that way.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ShadowCell

Fun times.

When I was eight, I had a dream where I was a detective at a crime scene. The victim was Barney the Purple Dinosaur, whose show I had regularly watched when I was three or four. Barney was decapitated, with his body in a ditch on one side of the road and his head on the other side. Also, there was an ice cream truck around for some reason. I think the cops were all getting ice cream.

I think it was my subconscious trying to tell me that my childhood was dead.

And that I wanted ice cream.
Antares

Last night I had a problem for Chinese people, or they had a problem with me (in a dream). We had some shady business deal going on, the details of which I cannot recall, and each time I managed to spell out what needed to happen next (in Chinese!), the moment I turned my back they were doing it (whatever it was) completely wrong. When I explained it, everything seemed clear but apparently it never was. So it was infinitely frustrating when having to operate with a different languages, not being able to shout or scream out of fear of losing face, and everything was going wrong. This is not my usual experience of working with Chinese people, mind. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.