Josh's Old Franken Thread

The place to share your artwork.
Josh

was an in progress and not final piece, would appreciate del

delete please
Last edited by Josh on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ydawg314

Re: Josh's Mecha Hangar (12/6 - Sujin)

It's nicely done but can u make it wider?
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Josh

herpderp

delete please
Josh

sorry for bumping my own thread

For some clarification: I haven't abandoned any of the projects I've stated I've started on unless I've said so. At the moment I am focused on creating mobile suits that I plan to use in a Gundam based story I'm currently building upon, I haven't forgotten about my other projects and will eventually get to them. I realize I more often than not simply just post my work with very little additional exposition. I'll try to rectify this and start posting profiles and backstory info for all my work from now on. However, that's not really why I made this post.

Sujin [G Type]

Model Code:AUN-M279
Model Name: Sujin [G Type]
Unit Type: Mass Production General Use Mobile Suit
Development: Advanced United Nations: Grant Mobile Suit Technologies
Operators: AUN Military Forces, Alliance of Colonial Territories (ACT), and various private military companies
First Deployment: Stellar Century (SC): 187 [Still in Use]
Cockpit: Single Pilot Standard with Panoramic Monitor, located inside torso
Height: 19 Meters
Weight: Empty: 41.1 tons Max Gross: 52.6 tons
Armor Material: MS Grade C Titanium Composite
Powersource: Aeon Particle Battery, Optimum Operation Time: 74 minutes before recharge
Armaments: Fixed: None, Attachable: 120 mm Machine Gun, Standard Beam Subrifle, Beam Saber x2 (1 under each forearm)
Notes: The Sujin is the universal standard in MS combat and the mainstay of the AUN, ACT, and many PMCs. Noted for being the longest used MS in military history and one of the most versatile, the Sujin has been in service for over 60 years. The only changes the Sujin has received are cosmetic and minor performance upgrades over time. Without a major conflict to fuel MS development the AUN can afford to remain complacent with such an old design. Being equipped for general use, this model is only suited for close to mid-range combat.

This shall be the cannon fodder for the story. Currently I intend to start making an antagonist suit. I'm also aware it might be awkward to start throwing around terms in the profile too when I haven't set anything for this story up yet for anyone to see. The fact is I'm constantly changing things around and can't decide on anything final as of yet. However I can say the story takes place in your conventional Gundam universe, just not connected to anything official as the Stellar Century calendar indicates. These Aeon Particles also function similarly to GN Particles, however they are more or less just used as the main power source for almost every large machine in this universe.

I'll admit, this story is really just another evolution in the constant mentioning of me writing fanfics since I made this thread, I'm just finally making some slow headway.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Josh's Mecha Hangar (12/8 - Finalized Sujin + profile)

I really like the white and green color scheme, Josh. It's something I've been meaning to use more, but it's a little hard to put it on a Gundam for whatever reason. I think the only problem I can spot is that its fists seem a bit small compared to the other body parts. I'm not sure if trying to fix that will screw up the other proportions, but if need be you might be able to compensate by lengthening the pelvis/skirt area.

If you want any help with your writing or just want to brainstorm out loud, there is a general thread in the fiction section you may find useful. I may also be able to convince you to join The Lost Citadel, which is a small writing forum that broke off from MT. The community is small, so you're more likely to get attention. (Link in sig, lol.)

What color will the antagonists be, I wonder? :P
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Josh

Seraphic wrote:I really like the white and green color scheme, Josh. It's something I've been meaning to use more, but it's a little hard to put it on a Gundam for whatever reason. I think the only problem I can spot is that its fists seem a bit small compared to the other body parts. I'm not sure if trying to fix that will screw up the other proportions, but if need be you might be able to compensate by lengthening the pelvis/skirt area.

If you want any help with your writing or just want to brainstorm out loud, there is a general thread in the fiction section you may find useful. I may also be able to convince you to join The Lost Citadel, which is a small writing forum that broke off from MT. The community is small, so you're more likely to get attention. (Link in sig, lol.)

What color will the antagonists be, I wonder? :P
Thanks Seraphic. The hands and arms are ripped directly from Raisel Gundam with no alterations, so that's not so much my fault as it was Takayuki Yanase's apparent inability to draw hands. I've already messed with the outline by widening and slightly shrinking it so any further alteration I fear will likely require me to just trace all over again. And I've been meaning to start posting in the fiction section more, just haven't gotten around to it quite yet. Also thanks for bringing that forum to my attention, I just might sign up.

I usually never decide on a color scheme until I'm done with the all the tracing and alterations so who knows what the next suit will have, but I'm thinking maybe something dark gray and blue.
SolidSpidr

This is one nice mobile suit Josh. Personally I don't see a problem with the hands but hey, just my opinion. You got the colors just right on this. They flow very nicely to make this some cannon fodder I want to remember. The tracing is top notch as well and coupled with the good coloring makes it very pleasing to the eyes. Well done and keep at it.

EDIT: fixd
Last edited by SolidSpidr on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Josh

edit: Apparently I'm an idiot who can't figure out ms stands for mobile suit.

Besides that, thanks. The original color scheme kept making me think Statue of Liberty.
tehprognoob

Re: boop

Uhh.... Street View???? What the...
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

OddlucK

Re: Josh's Mecha Hangar (3/29 - What)

Looks good! :) I've been fiddling with Sketchup a bit lately, too (don't tell my boss ;) ) but you've definitely got me beat.
Josh

tehprognoob wrote:
Your guess is as good as mine as to why that's there. :s
tehprognoob

Josh wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
Your guess is as good as mine as to why that's there. :s
Actually, that is because you tried to upload it from the webpage. If you go to the SketchUp software and choose upload to web, you'll be able to export a .skb model that has the 3D view thing and not the map.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Josh

and then there was this

WMS-05 Maganac II
Rasid Variant

Model number: WMS-05
Code name: Maganac II
Unit type: mobile suit
Manufacturer: Maganac Corps
Operator: Maganac Corps
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 16.8 meters
Weight: unknown
Armor materials: titanium alloy
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating unknown
Performance ability levels: fighting 120; weapons 110; speed 110; power 130; armor 170
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown
Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either shoulder
Optional hand armaments: heat tomahawk, battery powered; beam rifle, beam cannon

Additional Info: As the war between OZ and the Gundam Pilots escalated, Quatre Raberba Winner decides that it would be a good idea to create a new suit for the Maganac Corps that can accompany him into space for additional support. Taking the battle data from the top pilots within the Corps and various customized features, Quatre successfully creates a powerful new version of the Maganac. Its main features are a vastly improved thruster system along with improved armor and an almost completely reworked inner frame to improve overall performance and adaptability to various environments. Ultimately however, Quatre finds his family's funds cannot produce this new suit en mass and the estimated time it would take to begin production was far too slow for the growing threat of OZ against the colonies.
Josh

V2

Antares

Re: Josh's Mecha Hangar (4/24 - Preview Time)

Looks like another Knightmare is coming along nicely. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.