Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Re: New Code Geass Project

Can I see the crystal ball through which you perceived not only what this Code Geass project is about, but how terrible it would obviously wind up being?

I want to know what next week's lotto numbers are.
Areku

I'm going to preemptively point out Zero's signature does not automatically mean Lelouch survived his own assassination. As of R2 25, Zero and Lelouch do not occupy the same fleshy vessel, and there's also a possibility of AUs or various untold stories predating R2 25.
AceWhatever

Can I call for a ban on discussions relating to Lelouch's status in this thread? 'cause until we know further info that's the only direction this thread will eventually go. :P

/buzzkill
Chris
Administrator

Ace is right... this thread is not about posting a billion speculations about how Lelouch could be alive or dead. I also don't see how two images tells us much of anything, let alone enough to elicit the reaction "Dear God. Why?" As usual, I'll ask people to hold their opinions until things are announced, and better yet, until they actually see them for themselves.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dean_the_Young

Er, I thought the producer, and post-season material, made explicitly clear the final state of the person' in question. Did I mishear?
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
wielder

You did not, but that doesn't tell us anything about what kind of project we're going to hear about next year.

The character's fate isn't much of an obstacle when there are plenty of alternatives they could use.

By the way, they pretty much confirmed this today during the event that celebrated "Lelouch's birthday".
Soul Eater, the True Rune
CidHighwind

This isnt a bad thing. Even if it DOES (and I'm not saying it will) trainwreck the plot, that doesnt necessarily mean it wont be good!

I'm hopeful about it.

But yeah, asking them not to make more Code Geass is like asking them to start hating money.
Zero Revenge

ShadowCell wrote:Can I see the crystal ball through which you perceived not only what this Code Geass project is about, but how terrible it would obviously wind up being?

I want to know what next week's lotto numbers are.
Ah, ShadowCell, as smug as always. It's good to see that I didn't miss much in the year or so since my hiatus.

Cannot I have an opinion on the matter at hand? I did not spout any assumptions about what the Project is about, only that after the train wreck that was R2, that I am not looking forward to the possibility of an R3.

Sheesh. Ever quick to judge. No need to be so overtly sarcastic about it. Chris said the same thing as you, albeit in a much more proper tone.
Chris wrote:As usual, I'll ask people to hold their opinions until things are announced, and better yet, until they actually see them for themselves.
Fair enough.
ShadowCell

Zero Revenge wrote:I did not spout any assumptions about what the Project is about, only that after the train wreck that was R2, that I am not looking forward to the possibility of an R3.
Hmm...
I did not spout any assumptions about what the Project is about,
followed by...
only that after the train wreck that was R2, that I am not looking forward to the possibility of an R3.
Claiming that you're not spouting assumptions about what this thing is about, followed by spouting the assumption that whatever this thing may be, it is something you won't like--even though you don't even know what it is.

Right then. You were already told to withhold your opinions until you know what you're opining about. Please do so.
AmuroNT1

What Chris said. All we have is two pictures, people. Let's not start jumping to conclusions about what this "new project" will and won't be, especially in regards to whether or not Lelouch is going to rise from his grave like Kira.

As for what Zero Revenge said...well, if you didn't like the other shows, then you probably shouldn't watch whatever this new one is, either. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but you should expect that those who did like the show are going to say something when you make remarks like that.

EDIT: I thought I remembered something from the staff regarding a sequel, and a little digging on ANN reveals what they said almost a year ago:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... code-geass
Like we have said before, [a major character development happened] but Geass cannot die. It just ended, but we think it would be nice if we can still do something more.
I hope this will quell some of the "oh man this is gonna suck" that seems to be coming from the assumption that "R3" will instantly destroy the original series' moral and ending by bringing Lelouch back.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
quasadra

i am still in hope that they elaborate on just what is this Geass and Code thing. where are those witch from C.C. memory? where are their Code now? there were certainly more than 2.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Chris
Administrator

Zero Revenge wrote:Ah, ShadowCell, as smug as always. It's good to see that I didn't miss much in the year or so since my hiatus.

Cannot I have an opinion on the matter at hand? I did not spout any assumptions about what the Project is about, only that after the train wreck that was R2, that I am not looking forward to the possibility of an R3.

Sheesh. Ever quick to judge. No need to be so overtly sarcastic about it. Chris said the same thing as you, albeit in a much more proper tone.
I don't see anything smug or overly sarcastic about what ShadowCell said. Also, please don't try to rewrite history in this thread. Your entire initial post consisted of two links and "Dear God. Why?" If that's not spouting out assumptions, I don't know what is. I'm not trying to beat up on you, but understand this point. You didn't like R2 and thought it was a train wreck. Cool. You're entitled to think that. If they make some new Geass anime, so what? You're not compelled to watch it, so why even make a fuss by pre-judging it?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
TakaTahuNuva

Hmm, maybe it's gonna be more like a retelling (a la Eureka 7, Escaflowne), or even a compilation movie (Gurren Lagann, the recent Macross F movie).

Whatever it's gonna be - definitely looking forward to this. =D
ohhhh snap
wielder

AmuroNT1 wrote:What Chris said. All we have is two pictures, people.
The funny thing is...we don't even have that. One of those pictures is just a generic image of Zero that was already used to promote the previous series. The other was an advertisement for the December 5th event with the voice actors and all that jazz.

That means we only have an intentionally vague message confirming the approval of a new project. I won't speculate about content, but I'm personally hoping this turns out to be a movie or OVA rather than a full TV series. Why? Just because it opens up more possibilities and, logically enough, would have higher production values.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
yazi88

I'm the first one here stating this but maybe it could be like a SD OVA thing? Mabye like a compilation movie or even Code Geass: A New Translation? Or maybe Code Geass Battle Royale: Rival's motorcycle vs Raksharta's Couch vs Cheese-kun vs Lyod's pudding vs Nina's Table (Corner). I'm calling this now! :lol:
jabman025

We don't really know anything at this point, its a text message people.

I see three general possibilites.

1. A straight up sequal taking place after R2 (unlikely but possible)
2. An alternate universe tale along the likes of FMA Brotherhood. (very unlikely)
3. A new story with new characters taking places in the Code Geass universe. (possible along as they have some old characters AH LA Zeta gundam)
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
JEFFPIATT

well with the whole magic element to the story line the original zero could very well come back. After all the big evil plan of the empire was to raise the dead and prevent death itself. But we only have a teaser image.

----------------
Listening to: The Friendly Indians - I know, You know - Full Version
via FoxyTunes
Kaioshin Sama

[trollvoice]Oh my gods you guys this is going to be suck a trainwreck I can't even believe they'd be so stupid to make more of this garbage because it sucks dude.[/trollvoice]

I had a feeling we'd be getting more Code Geass and am pretty psyched to see what kind of project they have in mind. I think it's too early to assume for sure it'll be a full length TV series, but for fans of the series looking for more it sounds promising. This brings the total of mecha series Sunrise is working on for next year up to about 5 across Movies and OVA's, but I still haven't heard anything about a new TV series. Still this more than makes up for the severe drought of mecha shows in 2009. Shin Mazinger you were a blessing during the Spring. <3