deathpony's MS hangar 3/26 It's muthahumpin colorin' time!

The place to share your artwork.
deathpony

Re: deathpony's MS hangar 9/19 Wandering Wolf Deathpony Custom

thanks, brother
Shori wrote:OMIGAWD IT SUCKS U USE SIMMONS ART U NEWB.
deathpony

Ok, so I know I badmouth Feddie mobile suits from time to time, but I broke my foot and I've been playing Gundam vs Zeta Gundam like crazy for 2 weeks and I've fallen in love with GMs. Of course, I couldn't help myself and I decided to make an ÜberGM. So here she is, the GM Avant, a high performance model that bridges the gap between the cannon-fodder GMs and the Gundams.

RGM-79AV1 GM Avant

Standard Rollout Colors
Standard Colors w/shield and beam rifle

Customized Ground Colors
Customized Ground Colors w/shield and beam rifle
Last edited by deathpony on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antares

Re: deathpony's MS hangar 11/26 WHO LIKES THEM SOME GM ACTION?

The chick on the hip armor sells the Ground Colors version. :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
deathpony

made some slight changes, mostly to the visor. you may have to delete cookies or refresh your browser to see them.
OddlucK

Antares wrote:The chick on the hip armor sells the Ground Colors version. :D
Agreed. Excellent touch, DP. :D
Josh

I have to say, I'm not really feeling this one. I believe in the areas where you tried to replicate the thin broken lining used in hand-drawn lineart to signify edges, you did a decently good job. However, the areas (the arms mainly) where you decided to not use any line at all just look off to me. As well as the general shape of the arms, head, and maybe a few other areas all look lumpy and they don't flow with the torso at all.

What I can say I think is really good about the suit is your choices for colors for both versions, and the effect you have the visor and head camera glass.
deathpony

Well I appreciate your candor, but i'm not sure I really understand the "lumpy" comment. I've gone ahead and added some more line art for you though, hopefully it helps. *shrug*
deathpony

So I did something kind of weird the other night. I spent about 2 hours and re-read this entire thread from start to finish. I'm not entirely sure why I did that, but I'm glad i did. It has given me some perspective on myself, who I am now compared to who I was then.

I'd like to take a moment and apologize to all of you. In re-reading this thread, I realized what an arrogant douchebag i can be sometimes. I would read some of the things I posted in here and simply cringe. Who did I think I was to talk down to so many of you?

I'm really glad, in a way, that circumstance made me absent from this place for a while, and that upon my return, the rest of you have moved on and eclipsed my talent. It's a nice reality check, and and even better ego check.

I hope that I haven't offended any of you, though I can't imagine that I wouldn't have. If that's the case, please accept my humble apology and know that I'm working hard to be a nicer person.

Thank you all so much,

deathpony

Sieg Zeon!
Ryujin

deathpony wrote:I'd like to take a moment and apologize to all of you. In re-reading this thread, I realized what an arrogant douchebag i can be sometimes. I would read some of the things I posted in here and simply cringe. Who did I think I was to talk down to so many of you? ....Sieg Zeon!
In all fairness, quite a number of people on this board are guilty of this--but you're a cut above the rest because you're actually doing something about it. :wink:
deathpony

Ryujin wrote: In all fairness, quite a number of people on this board are guilty of this--but you're a cut above the rest because you're actually doing something about it. :wink:
Well thanks for saying so. :oops: I'm still floored by the audacity of my attitude back then, I guess I let the praise and flattery go to my head.

That's not an excuse, it's an explanation. There's a difference. :wink:
Lt.Harrison

Re: deathpony's MS hangar 11/30 Sackcloth and Ashes

Hey deathpony, you still filling out small requsts for mobile suits?

If yes, can you take the Gouf Luftkämpfer and make the body black and the left shoulder Red with a Zeon emblem.

Thanks.
185th Heavy Mobile Suit Division
deathpony

Lt.Harrison wrote:Hey deathpony, you still filling out small requsts for mobile suits?

If yes, can you take the Gouf Luftkämpfer and make the body black and the left shoulder Red with a Zeon emblem.

Thanks.
well i black and redded it for you, but there really wasn't a way to fit a zeon emblem on the shoulder, sorry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/ ... mpfer2.png
Dark Duel

deathpony wrote:
Lt.Harrison wrote:Hey deathpony, you still filling out small requsts for mobile suits?

Thanks.
well i black and redded it for you, but there really wasn't a way to fit a zeon emblem on the shoulder, sorry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/ ... mpfer2.png
Weeelll...I hope you don't mind my taking a stab at it, but I did find one small spot where a Zeon emblem could fit. It's just not very visible with the shield there.

That said, that's a seriously cool franken.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
deathpony

looks good!
Lt.Harrison

Yeah, they both look really good, thanks deathpony! and Ryujin, ill be able to use both now thanks.
185th Heavy Mobile Suit Division
erikvonkreigler

Hey Deathpony, I was looking at your works, and I must say they are quite good (Much better than I can do). Seeing as how you favor Zeon MS over the Feddies', why don't you try and fix what the folks Zimmiad couldn't...by that I mean make the Zudah cooler...and without the engine overload problem...
deathpony

erikvonkreigler wrote:Hey Deathpony, I was looking at your works, and I must say they are quite good (Much better than I can do).

Well thank you for saying so. ^_^
Seeing as how you favor Zeon MS over the Feddies', why don't you try and fix what the folks Zimmiad couldn't...by that I mean make the Zudah cooler...and without the engine overload problem...
Design-wise, I love the Zudah. There isn't much I would change at all, but I *am* working on a new MS that is sort of a blend of the Zudah and the Gyan, (if not necessarily in the design, definitely in the philosophy) if you can imagine such a thing.
erikvonkreigler

deathpony wrote:
erikvonkreigler wrote:Hey Deathpony, I was looking at your works, and I must say they are quite good (Much better than I can do).

Well thank you for saying so. ^_^
No problem
deathpony wrote:
erikvonkreigler wrote:Seeing as how you favor Zeon MS over the Feddies', why don't you try and fix what the folks Zimmiad couldn't...by that I mean make the Zudah cooler...and without the engine overload problem...
Design-wise, I love the Zudah. There isn't much I would change at all, but I *am* working on a new MS that is sort of a blend of the Zudah and the Gyan, (if not necessarily in the design, definitely in the philosophy) if you can imagine such a thing.
Ooh. That idea is pretty good. The Zudah's speed and the Gyan's close-range abilities would be a perfect match for one another. And I have to agree with you about the Zudah. It's a great unit (it surpassed my love for the MS-06F2) and I wish there was some non-CG pictures of it out there...
deathpony

erikvonkreigler wrote: I wish there was some non-CG pictures of it out there...
there's this: http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msigloo-manga/ems-04.htm
but it's lacking that awesome face spike / antenna thing that the ems-10 version has
deathpony

Ok, so this isn't a franken, but I felt like coloring, so I took a Katoki Gouf Custom drawing and got out mah crayons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/ ... ainted.png

savor.