von Kreigler's Mecha

The place to share your artwork.
erikvonkreigler

von Kreigler's Mecha

I have just recently started Frankening, and I haven't done much of it. I've decided to post my units here. Some are recolors, some are true Frankens. I use GIMP for my Frankens, though I might use Photoshop when I acquire it.

My first Franken, using parts from the Hi-Nu, Alex, GP-01, and GP-04.
The RX-1000
My Second one, trying to do a non-armed version. Parts are from the Alex, GP-01, and GP-04
RX-1000a
My third is probably my most complicated design. I used parts from the G-Saviour, Alex, GP-01, GP-04, and Nu Gundam
RX-1500
My Fourth one. I used parts from the GP-04, Alex, Nu Gundam, and G-Saviour.
RX-2000
This next one is a slight franken with a recolor. It is the MS-14B Johnny Ridden Custom Gelgoog with Rezin Shcneider's Geara Doga's Beam Machinegun with the Tallgeese II's barrel.
MS-14P
A recolor of the GM Cannon.
RGC-80-1
This next one is my favorite so far. It is a combination of many MS, mostly the GP-04 and Alex. I used the head shape of the Alex with the V-Fin of the Gerbera, with the "face" and side of the head of the GP-01.
RX-3000
This one is a MS-06F Zaku II with a Gouf Custom's shoulders and the shield of a Geara Doga.
MS-06G-B3
I am not taking requests, as I am too unskilled. I do accept criticism and compliments, and more preferably, tips.
Josh

Re: von Kreigler's Mecha

For just starting out in the wonderful world of frankening, you seem to have a good grasp of it. However, I notice a lot of clipping and overlaping problems with most of the gundams (save for the RX-3000). I suspect these problems were just from using MS Paint. If you aren't using Paint then my mistake, you need not read any further.

Paint is fine when you learn of all it has to offer but when you feel like you're ready, I highly recommend advancing to one of the free photo-editing and graphics programs such as The Gimp or Paint.NET. I'd also recommend you familiarize yourself with the Layers tab. Layers would definitely solve your problems with the clipping and overlapping, not to mention pretty much everything besides MS Paint has a plethora of neat features that can help customize the look of your frankens even further.

I look forward to seeing more and even better frankens from you dude.
erikvonkreigler

Thanks, I am using GIMP to do my editing. I've tried to correct most of these, but most of it doesn't work very well.

But here's another.

RX-3500

I'll come up with names and stats later.

Edit: Three more. All are the same model, just recolored.

RX-78GP-05 "Sychalles"
RX-78GP-05N "Nero Sychalles"
RX-78GP-05C "Char's Sychalles"

Also, if anyone can provide me with good images of the MA-05 Bigro, the MA-06 Val Varo, RX-78-5, and RX-78-4, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit 2:

Two more.
RX-178-6 Mudrock Gundam Mk II
RX-78GP-06 "Renos" Gundam
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

I don't really know much about frankening so I can't really help you too much in so far as giving you advice on the subject so I'll jest stick to tell you what I liked.

and that's your RX-1000a and it's "brother" units. mainly be the 1000a combines two things I liked the gebera's shoulder boosters and the GP01's back pack boosters. my main issue is that the torso, fore arms and leg thrusters look out of place next to the more smooth lines of GP series units.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
erikvonkreigler

Re: von Kreigler's Mecha (Now with the RX-1000 redone!)

Thanks. I looked at what you said and redid the RX-1000A
I'll do the stats for them. I'm putting it in my own alt. universe that I have a site based on. I'll put up an ad soon.

RX-1000b
Model Number: RX-1000b
Code Name: "Chelsea Dagger"
Unit Type: Prototype High-speed Assault Mobile Suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics
Operators: Earth Federation 7[sup]th[/sup] Autonomous Fleet
First Deployment: U.C. 0084
Accommodation: pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 18.2 meters; head height 18.0 meters
Weight: empty 43.2 metric tons; max gross 74.0 metric tons
Construction: Gundarium Alloy
Power plant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 3960 kW
Propulsion: 4 x 45000 kg, 6 x 8000 kg, 2 x 42000 kg, 2 x 12000 kg
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 4.22 G; 180-degree turn time 0.8 seconds
Equipment and Design Features: sensors, range 22600 meters; psycommu system; 2 x extending manipulator arm, mounted in forearms,
Fixed Armaments: 2 x Blash·XB-B-09 beam saber, stored in recharge racks in backpack, hand-carried in use
Optional Fixed Armaments: Shield, mounted on either forearm
Optional Armaments: XBR-BOWA M-99A beam rifle, power rated at 15.5 MW, powered by replaceable e-pac, with mounted "jitte" beam saber blocking unit, 4 spare e-pacs stored in shield;folding bazooka, clip-fed, 6 rounds in clip plus 1 round in chamber; hyper bazooka, clip-fed, 4 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber, can be stored on backpack storage rack
crashlegacy14

one thing I think you could severely benefit from as well is incorporating some mild shading into your frankening process, simply put your designs tend to have "a lot of stuff" and things like for example in your latest the forearms and the hip binders somewhat merge together at first glance adding a slightly darker shade to the hip binders (or anything that sits behind something else) would make it easier to on eye to pick out right away.

as for the RX-1000b the first thing I've got to point out is that I don't really see the point of it having the arm extentions if it operates as a high speed unit, the only reason the stamen even had them was to facilitate retrieving weapons from the racks of it's MA platform. if the 1000b operates in high speed combat the extra weight/mass of the complex extending arm gimmick would just get in the way and in general slow it down. (btw the lines of the left arm are missing by the hip. ) compare this to the other note able parts of the ms, it has large thrusters on it's shoulders hips and back while these all add noteable mass to the unit and generally increase it's "hit box" these components all provide extreme amounts of mobility which offsets the cons of those parts and lends towards the high mobility title of the mecha.

one other thing that I notice in your description of the optional armaments you mention the hyper bazooka stores on a "backpack storage rack" in reality there would be no place for such a thing because of the gp-01 backpack thuster pods' range of movement which could easily result in either the pods themselves hitting the bazooka physically or catching them in the exhaust of said thrusters.

another note is that while I'm glad you aren't having it run around with beam this and beam that I should point out that with the amount of massive thrusters the mehca's energy requirements are probably high as hell (which is probably why is running around with a higher output ratting then anything in mecha you took parts from) I'm kinda going in circles now ...I'll shut up.

P.S. sneak some blue into the fore arms for great justice (like the plate on the back of the hand).
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
erikvonkreigler

Well, I can't shad worth a flip, as I am using GIMP and I don't have a steady enough hand. The point of the arms is to be able to use the beam sabres while the rifle is being used. The thing about the Hyper bazooka is that the Vernier Thrusters of the GP01 are not able to move like they did on the GP01. They are normally used for a quick boost either up, forward, or down. And on the note of Energy, the GP03 has a rating of 2000kw, while this unit has a rating of double that. Most of the stats I copied from the respective pages on MAHQ, with the generator coming from the MSN-04 Sazabi. Now, the idea for this Mobile Suit is not be able to outrun the enemy, but to simply out maneuver them. A secondary purpose is the idea of a straight full-on assault. But I do see your point.

I've got another design, which is a Sazabi-esque version of the Tallgeese III (Without the funnels).

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ica7ow.png
Model Number: OAGX-00/MSN-04X
Code Name: "OverLord"
Unit Type: Prototype High-speed Newtype-use Pyschoframe-equipped Assault Mobile Suit
Operators: Principality of Zeon 902[sup]nd[/sup] Special Operations and Testing Division
Accommodation: Pilot only in monolinear panoramic cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 25.6 meters; head height 23.0 meters
Weight: empty 30.5 metric tons; max gross 71.2 metric tons
Construction: Lunar Titanium
Power plant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 4300 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 24000 kg, 2 x 30000 kg, 8 x 29800 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 28
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 5.87 G
Equipment and Design Features: sensors, range 22600 meters; psycommu system; psycoframe cockpit frame; EXAM System Mk II
Fixed Armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head;
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm, mounts 3 x small missile
Optional hand armaments: "Memento Mori" Mega Beam Cannon, power rated at 30.4 MW, powered by rechargable e-caps or ejectable generator; Beam shotrifle, power rated at 13.2 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap; "Excalibur" Hyper beam sabre, stored in recharge rack in shield, hand-carried in use
crashlegacy14

I'm not familiar with GIMP(like at all). you really like those shoulder boosters don't you?

anyway, here my main observation is that the shield used is shaded while everything else isn't which makes it look a bit like one of those horrible frankens that use completely random images for the individual parts. I also have to note that I see a lot of talgeesse very little of anything else. which to be perfectly honest makes it less appealing to me not because I don't like the talgesee but because it looks more like talgeesse XX custom V3 or something rather then it's own unit.

as for the unit stats itself my fist observation is the massive generator I'm presuming thats for the sake of powering the BFG 2.1 and BFS. I think it would be interesting to mount its big arse sword in the shield itself as in the shield serves as the blade's hilt. and I'm assuming you're aware that momento mori translates directly from Latin to "remember death" and is a genre of art meant to remind the viewer or their mortality as well a type of photograph taken of a person after they die (and before decay sets in) as a final reminder of the person.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
erikvonkreigler

Actually, I do like those shoulders.

Really all I did was add a few things and redo the eye. My favorite part is the eye. It's actually just a test, when I get a bit more skilled, I'll make it look like a Proto-Sazabi. I did that Franken last night at around midnight, so I really had no idea what I was doing.

And actually the generator is also there for the EXAM Mk II, as in my universe, the Mk II is almost a Trans-Am of the Universal Century. About Memento Mori, I always translated it as "Remember you will die". It is a double edged sword due to when it fires, it's very powerful but afterward the OAGX-00 has no ranged capabilities. I'm trying to work on a better version now. It'll take me a few days to get it done just right. I thank you for your input.
crashlegacy14

"remember you will die" is just flowering up the translation literally momento= remember and mori= death. the thing with a lot of accepted translations in pretty much any language is that people love to add in words here or there to form some nice phrase then make it "offical." in the case of momento mori "remember you will die" is pretty much what people expect since it's how the art genre is titled, but then you have the momento mori photographs which usually translates the words as "death remembered" or some similar shit.

as a general observation in the future you should probably list things like the fact the momento mori cannon's energy drain is so high that the mecha's generator is unable to power other beam weapons for a short while afterwards.
erikvonkreigler wrote:Actually, I do like those shoulders.

I don't blame you, I really did shoulder mounted thrusters like that. I blame armored core 4 introducing me to quick boosting...
erikvonkreigler wrote:I thank you for your input.
just doing my job asa member of the artistic community here. I wish others beside Sera would be as active.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
erikvonkreigler

von Kreigler's Mecha (Now through the redone MSN-04X!)

crashlegacy14 wrote:
erikvonkreigler wrote:Actually, I do like those shoulders.

I don't blame you, I really did shoulder mounted thrusters like that. I blame armored core 4 introducing me to quick boosting...
I blame Armored Core: for answer for addicting me to quick boosting.
EDIT: I redid the MSN-04X using a different style. I kept some of the original parts, but most of it is redone

http://i50.tinypic.com/2gtqd52.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/2aij6l3.png
Model Number: OAGX-00/MSN-04X
Code Name: "OverLord"
Unit Type: Prototype High-speed Newtype-use Pyschoframe-equipped Assault Mobile Suit
Operators: Principality of Zeon 902nd Special Operations and Testing Division
Accommodation: Pilot only in monolinear panoramic cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 25.6 meters; head height 23.0 meters
Weight: empty 30.5 metric tons; max gross 71.2 metric tons
Construction: Lunar Titanium
Power plant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 4300 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 24000 kg, 2 x 30000 kg, 8 x 29800 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 28
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 5.87 G
Equipment and Design Features: sensors, range 22600 meters; psycommu system; psycoframe cockpit frame; EXAM System Mk II
Fixed Armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head;
Optional fixed armaments: "Tuebor" shield, mounted on either forearm, mounts 3 x small missile
Optional hand armaments: Semper Excelsius" Beam Rifle, power rated at 15.3 MW, clip-fed with 4 extra clips in shield; "Mors Omnibus" Mega Beam Cannon, power rated at 30.4 MW, powered by rechargable e-caps or ejectable generator; "Terras Irradient" Beam shotrifle, power rated at 13.2 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap; "Supero Omnia" Hyper beam sabre, stored in recharge rack in shield, hand-carried in use
tehprognoob

your drawing skills are... considerably not on the same level as your frankening skills. Sorry; hadda point that out 'cause I'm a hardcore doodler. (Mainly because I only have limited time on the computer and unlimited time anywhere else :()
But who the ZOINKS am I to talk about frankening? I haven't done any ZOINKS art on the computer for at least a ZOINKS year, and never any frankens. Is it very easy?
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

erikvonkreigler

Oh, it's fine, I know I'm not as good as most people here (though I have seen some that make me wonder). And about frakening. If you have an idea, and the appropriate software (if you're just starting out, I suggest GIMP), it is quite simple...other than the coloring. If you notice, a lot of my earlier work is quite...well...mismatched.
If you look at this, and then compare it to my earlier works, you'll notice that the coloring is much better.
Same with this

And back to my drawings, I just doodle, with the AALIYAH as my only "serious" work, and it is looking much better than it did at the time of said picture. The Aretha Zwei is something from my AC:fa fanfiction (though not introduced yet) and is basically the original Aretha with the Kojima power of the Sol Dios Orbit or even Answerer.
erikvonkreigler

This is a Z.O.E. 2nd Runner GMV I made.

I have never made one before...so please tell me what you think.
tehprognoob

what does GMV stand for?

erikvonkreigler

From what I can tell, it means "Game Music Video" like how AMV means "Animated Music Video"
tehprognoob

i see lots of 0083 there

erikvonkreigler

Yeah, I re-watched 0083 and I determined that there needed to be more than just the GP04.