Stage 2: Ambush!

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Attomoku

Re: Stage 2: Ambush!

C-20 4C/2A Intersect

Lady Dodgeson

The air seems to be tasting sweeter in here.. less foul than when we first set foot!"

"Don't get holier-than-thou, b*tch! We're just having fun here, don't drag strategy into this!"
Cat's fun started to diminish though when the saber came on and releasing her grip from her axe and the raptor, kicked off the enemy suit and she boosted backwards, skidding along the ground. It didn't stop the slash but it did contact lower tearing up the left leg, a long gouge that exposed the inner mechanisms, hydraulics, and electronics. Her pawn's readouts and alarms indicated that it would not win any marathons but it could move. Her skid ended next to the 90mm where she quickly extracted it from the hand of its former owner, sat up and unloaded a burst at Devi to test if it's aim was still accurate.
"Anybody out there?" came Bonito's voice, "Could use some help, por favor."
"Sit tight Nino" she called back and brought her pawn back up to standing, "I'll try and grab you on my way out, if you can't wait, rush 'em but be careful in passing"
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Big Zabowski

C-20 4C/2A Intersect
-Devi-

"HA! Holier than thou said the Kitten with the hoity-toitily painted mobile frame! I guess you're right when you said strategy is an afterthought.."

Devi switched off her saber and flipped the axe around to bring it to bear. Drawing less power than her blade, it was a nice parting gift from the Cheshire Cat.. one that she would surely use to it's fullest potential. She looked up just to see the hobbling Pawn bring up a 90mm gun and spray some hot lead in her general direction. Slipping to the side, Devi checked her remaining battery reserves..

"50%.. damnit."

She then found herself left in the dust of the hobbling suit. And right now that was fine with her. That damage would surely slow the pilot down; leaving her easy prey for the remaining LP teams. With the mission in mind, she trudged along, shutting down ancillary systems like life support and cockpit lighting to reduce drain on her batteries.

"Alpha! Keep going! We'll take care of the stragglers here and meet up!"

Devi lunged through the now steam and smoke filled hallways after Dodgeson; a smirk on her face. She flatly called on the open channel..

"We aren't finished yet, babe.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

--C-20 Corridor 2A/1F Intersect--

"Already on it Devi..." Eric replied as he and Max continued down the hall. Once they broke through the first wave of defenses, they've met little resistance. Eric also knew he was being tailed by at least two Pawns, and he assumed they were the blundering pair from before.

"Checkpoint cleared," Eric noted. "One left and we'll have a direct access to the control room."

--------------

--Main Port--

Alexander snarled when the Baron drew first blood against the Tulsa team. All of their hard work was being taken advantage of, but it was a relief to see the Raptors slowing down right in front of them. Pulling out his heavy sword, he prepared to charge in when the order to capture was blared through their com lines.

"Whoever thought of this must be naive... they're not just going to surrender and hand over their technology!" he muttered. He was willing to oblige, but pulling this off was harder than it looks.

As if on-cue, each of the Raptors' pilots began to activate the SDM command. At this point, their priority is to keep their technology out of Dominion hands...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Kavik Ryx

--C-20 Corridor 2A/1F Intersect--

With the so far modest success of the mission, Max was almost scarred. Not only was the team competent, but that the enemy was just that pathetic.

The incoming pawns were catching up, fast actually. While they didn't look that threatening, this seemed as good a time as any to take them out. The only problem for Max was how. It had slipped his mind as to whether the Raptor had any frontal boosters, and he felt uncomfortable stopping or running on his side (a skill he had yet to figure out). especially when so much progress was being made. The only thing left to do was switch focus to the rear view camera and aim for the joints from behind.

"Let's see," he mumbled to himself. "The fatties' shoulder joints should be just under those, so if I do this and this, then, wala." With his scopes angled at under the pauldrons, he let off six rounds per.
wonton bob

(OOC: my 2nd shot was apparently forgotten. np I just repost again.)

---Cluster 20, Main Port---

The Baron fired off a 2nd bazooka round at the farthest Raptor when the commotion at the Edith's CIC came over on the comm. He gave a look of disgust at the object as if it personally addressed him but he snarled when he heard the order to take prisoners. Meier immediately stopped firing but kept his weapon aimed at the remaining Raptors.
The Baron slammed his fist on the comm to transmit while he reloaded another round. "WHAT BUFFOON IS ISSUING ORDERS BACK THERE! You expect us to be bogged down taking prisoners while a battle is still ongoing somewhere on this god-foresaken rock!" Letting go the Baron opens up channels to his squad. "I don't take orders from a horse's arse. No one tells me how to hunt!"
Bäcker apparently agrees as he opens up with the 90mm on the nearest Raptor. His main screen is split with one eye on Meier's Pawn. Stefan's wicked grin grows bigger when he sees that Meier isn't firing.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
blind_dead_mcjones

--Cluster 20, Corridor 2A/1F intersect--

This is getting old, damn those two are persistent. jane grumbled inside her head as she thundered down the corridor, suprised that the bulky pawns were able to keep up with her raptor, her radio then crackled to life

"Checkpoint cleared," Eric noted over the radio. "One left and we'll have a direct access to the control room."

"got it" she replied automatically, quickly checking her map on the status of the room, particularly if the bulkhead doors were open or not, in the midst of this her IFF warning went off, looking she saw that Max's raptor was pointing its weapon backwards and pulling the trigger.
Swearing loudly she quickly dived to one side in order to avoid being hit, and for the most part was successful, however in so doing her unit nearly tripped over a motorised ore cart, stumbling sideways into the wall, jane cringed as the shield made contact with the wall with a shriek of tortured metal that lasted for a few seconds until she pushed away from it, hearing a nasty clunk from the shoulder as the raptors gyroscopes stabilised the mobile frame. to her credit the raptor managed to maintain its speed and heading the entire time
Jesus Christ! who on earth is that drunken absent minded twit trying to hit, them or me?!
"Stern, a bit of forewarning would be greatly appreciated in the future." she replied over the radio as calmly as she could before surveying the damage. the left arm is almost useless. if i get back to the Darkvasser in one piece, The chief is going to kill me, i'm sure of it.
Flag Fighter for life!
ScornMandark

C-20

Donovan smirked as Bonito transmitted help call. The wild shots confirmed his guess, that he was right to get out of the hall momentarily as the Pawn righted itself. On a private channel to Leikar, "Ready for CQC..." Feeling reckless, Donovan opened his comm to reply to Bonito.

"Vhatever help you tink is comink, my freund, vill not get here in time to safe you!"

With that he burst back into the hallway. Leikar's shots would serve their purpose of keeping him pinned down roughly wher he was, so Donovan could account for that. Knowing that the Pawn couldn't have moved far, even with all the smoke in the corridor let him set the time delay on the rocket to be within 10 meters of Bonito's Pawn. Close enough to either hit, or confuse the pilot with the proximity of the explosion. Hopefully enough to force him out. On his left, an indicator changed from green to amber, highlighting the text that now read "50% Power Remaining."
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
The Loser Villain

C-20

"Sit tight Nino, I'll try and grab you on my way out, if you can't wait, rush 'em but be careful in passing"

Bonito was elated to hear Lady Dodgeson voice in return. His good spirits would end about 10 seconds after as another voice answered.

"Vhatever help you tink is comink, my freund, vill not get here in time to safe you!"

"Que!?" As if to punctuate Donovan's statement a hail of gunfire began to ping off of the Pawn's armor.

Letting loose a barrage of 120mm rounds down the corridor in response, if only to give the two Raptor pilots second thoughts about charging in after him, he backed up further, hoping to see a bend in the section he was in. It would allow him to take cover, but the smoke obscured everything.

Suddenly the whole world in front of him erupted into flames as Donovan's rocket exploded.

"Damnit, that was too close." He began to regret his plan of attack since it had led him into this current predicament. Currently there was only one clear route to escape, and that was through Donovan and Leikar. That was plan B, because he didn't have the urge to go barreling through two enemies that had a speed advantage.

No, he'd hold them off for as long as he could and hopefully draw them in where they'd have trouble maneuvering in the same space.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Attomoku

C-20

Lady Dodgeson

"We aren't finished yet, babe.."
"Oh, I look forward to it later darling." she purred back to Devi as she watched her suit's power level dropped to 40%.
She moved toward an access corridor as fast as he suit could go, where she was sure there was a small armory she could use to try and finish this with a 280mm gun instead of a 90mm one. Unfortunately she ran into Donovan first as she came around a corner and opened up with the 90 when she saw him.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Xvlai

- C-20 –

The thick Germanic drawl of the Hun cackled across Leikar’s private channel, “Ready for CQC…”

The foolish pilot in the Pawn had shot up the corridor, except it had been the wrong corridor, at least from Leikar’s perspective. Donovan would most certainly disagree with Leikar’s opinion. The fool of a pilot was so mixed up it was clear he had forgotten that Leikar was behind him and not in fact with Donovan. Dropping his 90mm on the floor he unclipped his beam sword igniting it he dashed down the hallway.

Lunging into the smoke and flame Leikar communicated back to the oversized Teutonic Knight, “Donovan take him, we can finish him in one blow!”
ScornMandark

C-20

Donovan pulled his plasma sword, readying to break down the hall when he was peppered with light machine gun fire. Was zum Teufel? Where the hell did she come from? He lurched into a sprint down the hallway towards the smoke plume slowly dissapating around Bonito. He felt an overwhelming urge to stand and fight, but the damage indicators weren't screaming for his attention yet, his armor could withstand a fair bit more, and besides, Devi was right behind her. Donovan increased the lurch to a full fledged sprint, mentally shrugging off the damage, igniting his saber at the last moment so as not to give away his position more than he needed to in the smoke filled hallway. He sort of could make out a bulky shape in front of him, he knew Leikar was behind the Pawn, and he also knew there wasn't really room for MFs to get past each other in this hallway. With a roar, he ignited the plasma saber, kicked up his thrusters for added boost, and drove forward with a massive sideways slash at Bonito. Hopefully the confusion this far down the hall would keep that new Pawn from sending shots down towards them, and let Devi drop a few rounds into her from behind.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
EZero8

--Main Port--

The Baron's second rocket slammed into the Raptor as it was shutting down, obliterating the LMF with relative ease. By now, the self-detonation sequences are already underway, with many of the pilots climbing out of their suits attempting to escape the explosions that would soon come their way.

David, partially resupplied, arrives and hands over a loaded magazine for Alexander's machinegun. The exhausted Team 4 begins firing at in the Raptor's direction for really no reason other than to discourage the enemy from going through with the self-detonation plan, though it's fairly inevitable.

One by one, the motionless Raptors begin to explode, engulfing some of the pilots in flames when they failed to escape in time. The Tulsa also begins to pull away, knowing full well that their end of the mission was pretty much a failure.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Kavik Ryx

--Cluster 20, Corridor 2A/1F intersect--

"Sorry, Sorry," replied Max as he worked to turn his Raptor 3/4ths around.

"Commander Xin," he contacted Eric in a gung ho voice while forgetting his name. "Permission to take down these thugs off? You and the other should go ahead."
EZero8

--C-20 Corridor 1F--

"It's Zhang... Commander Zhang..." Eric muttered in response to Max as his Raptor just kept running. He had a feeling that most of the Dominion forces were situated down near the Main Hangar, which should mean the rest of their path was clear.

"Go for it. Jane's Raptor has taken quite a bit of damage anyway..." Eric continued, "I'll keep pushing ahead and Jane can follow if she can."

Eric peeked at the HUD that showed his remaining power: 55% left. He didn't have much time, nor was he sure that he'll be able to escape if the mission was a failure. All he could do was to continue down this path as he turned another corner and towards the last checkpoint.
blind_dead_mcjones

--DQC Edith,Pilots Lounge--

Bohemund frowned in distate when he caught sight of the messenger, who upon seeing the baron immediately got up from one of the seats and stood to attention.

"Alright, what is it woman? make this quick." he snapped impatiently, of all the messengers father had to send it had to be a woman.

unfazed by the man's rude behavior the messenger handed over a data slate which Bohemund promptly snatched out of her hands, and read through its contents, the scowl never leaving his face. when he reached the second to llast paragraph a deck hand burst into the room.
"si-"

"WHAT DAMMIT! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY!" he bellowed at the sudden intrusion.
"y-your suit has been recharged and re-armed" the deck hand replied, Bohemund gave a small hmpf in reply, finished reading the message and turned to leave the room.
"I'l deal with this later." he told the messenger, "wait in my quarters until further notice." with that he left the room and got back into his Pawn, striding out to return to the fray.

-------

--Cluster 20, Corridor 1F--

"I'm still good, i can follow." Jane replied over the radio. "Sir, i also reviewed the map, looks like whoever was in the objective last neglected to shut the access doors when they left."
Flag Fighter for life!
King Monkey

Percival had completely lost track of everything that was going on. All that he knew was that his brother was nearby and that the conflict was somewhere up ahead. He thought that they were still chasing the besmirched mink who'd they'd recognized in the midst of the previous skirmish, but he wasn't at all sure.

Fortunately, the running battle paused long enough for him to catch up. With all the smoke and debris and muzzle flashes going on, he still couldn't really tell what was going on. Luckily for his side, though the Raptor and the Pawn were of dramatically different designs so he just shot at the closest slender Frame.

"Have at thee, varlet!" he declared as he fired a burst of machine gun fire at the nearest Raptor.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
wonton bob

---Cluster 20, Main Port---

Receiving no further orders the Baron folded his arms in protest. "I Shall not deal with prisoners. Period." he muttered under his breath. Grabbing the controls with one arm he snatches Meier's 120mm machine gun and fires a few rounds out of frustration at the escaping pilots. Meier's resistance to firing didn't go unnoticed.
Looking at his display the Baron noticed his energy level at 50% then looks down at his Grande Complication on his wrist. Opening his comm he relays his next move, "Cease fire. Fuel and ammo are low. Let's head back, we did our part here--Besides it tea time. Meier why don't you run ahead like a good little solider and heat up a pot of Tieguanyin."

Responding with a "Yes Sir," Meier hits the reverse and cuts off the comm, slamming a fist on the control panel. "Just how much can a good solider take."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
ScornMandark

*6 weeks ok for calling the hit?

C-20

Hurtling through the smoke towards the lumbering giant, time seemed to slow. Donovan was distantly aware of the smoke streaming from the small protrusions on his LMF, creating pseudo contrails in the haze. The glow that his plasma saber created in the smoke, making it look larger than it actually was. The way the armor on the Pawn turned red and bubbled, then bulged, then erupted into a small gout of superheated metal as the plasma saber contacted, pressed, and then pierced the armor of Bonito's Pawn. The distant sound of someone screaming in rage and bloodlust. The odd, deep metal sound of impact as the Raptor slammed into the Pawn, pushing it back towards Leikar. The sparks and flames as the saber swept through the shoulder joint, taking out a chunk of torso as it dismembered his arm.

Time snapped back to full speed as Donovan realized that it was him who was yelling.
Attomoku

C-20

Lady Dodgeson

Donovan wasn't the only one screaming for blood now. Cat saw the hit and it enraged her. She had no idea on Bonito's status and moved her damaged pawn as fast as it would go, firing at Donovan's back with her light machine gun the entire time. She didn't have an actual CQ weapon, but she hadn't bothered to release the arm of her former CO's suit when she retrieved the 90mm from its manipulator, and thought of nothing but bludgeoning Donovan to death with it now.
ScornMandark

C-20

Donovan was still elating from the blow as he saw Leikar closing for the kill. Suddenly, he heard more than felt more pings from the light 90mm gun. Scheiße! Damage indicators started popping up, indicating reduction in main thrust and armor depletion. His alarms were screaming for his attention as he kicked off of Bonito's creaking Pawn and used the momentum to swing up his plasma saber just in time to block... Was zum Teufel? He blocked the... er... arm... with his saber, cutting deeply into it and shearing off large chunks as the plasma ate through the metal.

'Not good, surrounded and desperate, surrounded by desperates...' He broadcast over the team frequency as he pressed the attack back at Lady Dodgeson's Pawn, aiming to reduce her makeshift club to useless slag. "Lieutenant? Now surrounded and need backup!"

The easy kill situation had changed rapidly, and not for the better....