Ep. 039 - Attack of the Roundups!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
ZeroBusterXX

Re: Ep. 039 - Attack of the Roundups!

Peter from Windsor hasn't lived in Windsor for 17 years?! My entire view of the world is SHAKEN!!

This episode was fun guys. Neo, you should make an audiobook of some book with lots of foreign and/or obscure technical words in it. I'd pay to hear that.

PS: Doctor, I love your avatar.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Technical words? I have no problem with those. It's just those darn japanese names, they don't mix with my south florida accent.

The audio book sounds like a good idea, any ideas for who should write(or speak) the forward.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
ZeroBusterXX

hawk of endymion wrote:Technical words? I have no problem with those. It's just those darn japanese names, they don't mix with my south florida accent.

The audio book sounds like a good idea, any ideas for who should write(or speak) the forward.
Chris doing the troll voice.
As for the novel itself, Haruhi or FMP or something. I dunno, my knowledge of Japanese novels is kinda limited.
Destiny_Gundam

I got my mom to read the first Haruhi novel. I imagine she has the same problem as Neo.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

All of you will eat those comments when I'm made ambassador to Japan.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Kaioshin Sama

Red Comet90 wrote:
CanadaMan wrote:
Kaioshin Sama wrote:Oh man, for a second there I thought you were going to say the "Sheryl Shippers" and "Everyone Else", but then I remembered that comes later.....maybe.
Wait ... what's wrong with Sheryl?
I think he meant how some people just like Macross for the possible relationship Sheryl will have with Alto. :?
That and the fact that during the the time when the show was airing Sheryl had a strong following with a lot of fans to the extent that some of them I would come across would even take an aggressively adversarial stance to anyone who might suggest intentionally or otherwise that Sheryl might not be the best thing about Macross Frontier. I mean she was a fairly good character that comes into her own as the series moves along, but I never really got why some people would agro on other fans for her to be acknowledged as a defining female character that sets the standard for all others in mecha anime....or else.

To be honest the Sheryl shipping thuggery was so bad where I tended to hang out that it actually put me off of Macross Fandom for quite some time after being accused by a handful of people of not being a real Macross fan or having any idea how to judge a character in the franchise because I found myself more attracted to Ranka's portrayal than to Sheryl's (having never bought the whole "adult woman who knows what she wants" vibe as exceptionally outstanding, defining and/or endearing character development so much as it sounds like a recipe for a cool character when written down) and made the mistake of mentioning it in a thread along with the fact that I liked Megumi Nakajima's singing for Ranka better than May'N's for Sheryl. :( The story has a bittersweet ending though in getting to watch these people's reactions when....well I'll leave that for the team to cover and mention it when the Macross Frontier roundup rolls around, but needless to say there's a story to tell there as well.

So yeah bit of a lamenting personal joke there with the comment. This round up series has already done a lot to remind me why I really liked and got into Macross in the first place though so thanks for that.