Ep. 038 - Always Beginning

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 038 - Always Beginning

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 038 - "Always Beginning"
- Unplugged Version: 64 kbps - 86 min., 45 sec. (1:26:45) - 39.7 MB
- Remastered Version: Coming Soon!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo News!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:11:16

02. Epic Sugar Works (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:11:16 - 0:11:51

03. 1st Segment: "Gundamn! @ Mini-Megacon '09! (feat. Dale Rausch from MAHQ.net)"
Runtime: 0:11:51 - 0:24:25

04. Next Time on Gundamn! "Macross Roundup: Super Dimension Fortress Macross"
Runtime: 0:24:25 - 0:25:45

05. 2nd Segment "Tokyo Otaku Gran Turismo: Comiket & The Gundamn 30th Anniversary Celebration in Odaiba (feat. Pedro Cortes of Tomopop.com & Tomocast)
Runtime: 0:25:45 - 1:16:35

06. Epic Sugar Works (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:16:35 - 1:17:10

07. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:17:10 - 1:26:45

In a episode that's off the beaten path, Gundamn welcomes MAHQ.net co-founder Dale Rausch as he relays his experience at the all-new & smaller spinoff convention to Megacon, the aptly named "Mini-Megacon". Then in the following segment, Pedobear South (A.K.A. Pedro Cortes of Tomopop.com & Tomocast) returns to the show to recount his recent trip to Tokyo. There, he and his cohorts from Japanator not only attended the legendary Otaku gathering, Comiket, but also visited the RX-78-2 statue in Odaiba where the festivites for the 30th Anniversary for Gundam were being held. Both are excellent segments and mucho props to Dale & Pedro for taking the time to rock the mic with us!

For info on Pedro's trip, peep the links below:
- Tomopop.com
- Tomocast
- Japanator

Props to Dollow Rlance of Solar Radio Wave for submitting to Neo's News the YouTube links of Seiji Mizushima and Yosuke Kuroda at Anime Expo 2009! Here they are for your viewing pleasure:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6

Also, be on the lookout for Gundamn cameos on other podcasts! In the near future Chris will be appearing on "Solar Radio Wave" while Neo will be joining in on the convo on "Anime Addicts Anonymous". Plus, Valentine & Mitsugi, the co-hosts from Anime Addicts Anonymous will be appearing on a upcoming episode of Gundamn! as well! Both are excellent podcasts as well as our friends at SSAA Podcast, 2G Radio & Tomocast and are well worth the time spent while waiting for new eps of "Gundamn!"

Thanks for listening and for the feedback!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Level Nine - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - MySpace - FaceBook -Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Tomopop.com - Tomocast - Japanator - Anime Addicts Anonymous - 2G Radio - SSAA Podcast - Solar Radio Wave

Sponsors & Special Offers:
GoDaddy - PETCO

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
CanadaMan

Re: Ep. 038 - Always Beginning

Boy, it seems no matter who guest stars on Gundamn!, it's always a riot. Good episode, special thanks to Dale and Pedro for their contributions and their humor.
Props to SoulBro for the honorable mention of 2G Radio.

Looking forward to 39
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Doctor

Wow, thanks for the plug. It caught me off guard when you mentioned us. Yeah, the url was annoying to say so we ended up just getting the dropping the blogspot so now its http://www.SSAApodcast.com (ha haaa....plug).
Overall, it was a great episode. Good change of pace from the norm. Looking forward to the Macross reviews.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

CanadaMan wrote:Boy, it seems no matter who guest stars on Gundamn!, it's always a riot. Good episode, special thanks to Dale and Pedro for their contributions and their humor.
Props to SoulBro for the honorable mention of 2G Radio.

Looking forward to 39
So we're not funny when its just the three of us?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Hyakushiki

I watched the MSG abridged series Soul Bro plugged, it was well done props to the MST3K and Red Dwarf references. I too am jealous of Pedro's pilgrimage to mecha! :lol: Would have loved to see that monster up close myself and a real life giant robot smack down would have been too awesome for words.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Red Comet90

I just finished the episode earlier today and it was hilarious. All the things Pedro saw sounds like something out of a fantasy land. Its so different from here. It only makes me want to go to Japan more and look at the life size Gundam. Thanks to Pedro and Dale for taking the time to tell us about the Mini-Megacon and the trip to Japan. :mrgreen:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Chris
Administrator

Red Comet90 wrote:It only makes me want to go to Japan more and look at the life size Gundam.
Even if you were able to go, it's too late. The Gundam display was a limited time only, and it's already being disassembled.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Red Comet90

Chris wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:It only makes me want to go to Japan more and look at the life size Gundam.
Even if you were able to go, it's too late. The Gundam display was a limited time only, and it's already being disassembled.
Isn't it going to be moved to a more permanent location though?
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
VentZX

Another fun episode. Helped me stop procrastinating. I was putting off finishing my MG Exia's legs.

That said, I got chills hearing Pedo bear south describe the Odaiba Gundam. Just...wow. If only I could have been there! :cry:
So we're not funny when its just the three of us?
Oh Neo, I don't know about everyone else, but I always get a good laugh at your ill information and butchering of foreign sounding names.
CanadaMan

hawk of endymion wrote:So we're not funny when its just the three of us?
When did I say that? I'm just saying that Dale and Pedobear South contribute a lot of information and some humor to the cause.
The three of you work great together, SoulBro's news interruptions, your "accidental" spoilers here and there and Chris' ... Chris' ... uh ... troll-voice.
So fear not, Ill-Informed Newscaster Neo! Gundamn! is still awesome and humorous and awesome.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Amuro Ray of v

I very much like this Ep, it was nice to hear a 'War Story' of some who went to Japan. I envy Pedro who saw the the 1:1 Gundam and all that Uber Mega cool Gundam stuff. Keep up the good work guys.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
ZeroBusterXX

FYI my name's not "ZeroBuster Eks Eks" it's ZeroBuster DOUBLE X!!!

I kid, I kid.

Another great episode. I would have loved to have seen the Full-Scale Gundam. That would have been such a site.
Battosai28

Chris wrote:
That figures. I just moved to Japan for a year for college and that was one of the things I wanted to see. I was going to actually take a picture there with a Gundamn banner/flag and send it as a surprise to you guys.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
skyknight

Nice to hear about first-hand accounts of Japan otaku convention; I knew very few people that actually went there, and they all said it is CRAZY!!!

And it didn't help that Genshiken made several references to this as well. So I gotta ask, are the people just cool with it viewing a doujin out in the public over there in Japan? Its kinda like viewing Playboy or Penthouse in the public here in the US. My bro did go to Japan the past summer for just over a week, and it was eye-opening experience for him as well (that also cost him ~ USD $3500). Yes, even he was amazed by the "openness" of displaying adult-games/manga in many shops in Akihaba.

I am a firm believer that every human should at least spent some time outside of his/her birth/everyday environment, as a way to open or to enlighten. I mean I did lived in Taiwan for about six years, and it was a good experience that did help shape some of the values that I have.

And I look forward to the Macross (or Robotech, according to whom) segament!
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
ThaDDeusBonzu

VentZX wrote:Oh Neo, I don't know about everyone else, but I always get a good laugh at your ill information and butchering of foreign sounding names.
It's not just foreign names he butchers. Anyway, great ep. I really liked the first-hand account of Japan, and the Odaiba Gundam. Hopefully they move it to a permanent resting place, because I'm sure we would all want to see it one day.
SDGO Taiwan ign: RougeMK
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

ZeroBusterXX wrote:FYI my name's not "ZeroBuster Eks Eks" it's ZeroBuster DOUBLE X!!!
You know what I'm gonna have you guys complete those name cards they pass out before graduation. So everyone can spell out their names phonetically. :P

But I will continue butcher Japanese names as normal, for the integerity of Gundamn.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
thehod

speaking of conventions, any other conventions the Gundamn! crew are going to or any other podcasts?
Chris
Administrator

thehod wrote:speaking of conventions, any other conventions the Gundamn! crew are going to or any other podcasts?
The DragonCon episode will be coming soon.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
thanatos

Another fine episode guys.
Listening to PedoBear South trying to explain how he felt upon seeing the Odaiba Gundam was the high point of the episode. I'm sure I would be as awe-struck at seeing something like that and equally at a loss for words.
I also enjoyed the description of Comiket. Between Genshiken and Comic Party I'm never sure what is exaggeration/spoof and what is accurate. I can't imagine being in a hall with so many people and no a/c. I still have a hard time believing that the otastink there would bring a normal human to tears.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
jabman025

It was fun to hear about a American's views of Japan, esspecially as it relates to anime.

I have always wondered if what I have read about is true involving Comiket and Akiahabara. Hearing pedobear south talk about it only reinforced my belief that Akihabara is the true Geeks Utopia. That being said I am kinda glad I can't go there. I probably would not have any money left if I did.

Great show guys and keep up the good work. (work being a releative term) :D
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025