Kamen Rider Double(W)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
laj12387

Kamen Rider Double(W)

Now that the Kamen Rider Decade TV series is over Kamen Rider Double(W) starts next week and is anyone else exited!?

promo 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3jjweDw_cI
promo 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gegqhKTKVzs
promo 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0CJ81xiMI
promo 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsa-1756-v4
ZeroBusterXX

Re: Kamen Rider Double(W)

laj12387 wrote:Now that the Kamen Rider Decade TV series is over Kamen Rider Double(W) starts next week and is anyone else exited!?

I am very excited, but I am more excited to see how Decade is going to end. I am loving Double having a scarf though, and the unorthodox henshin they got going on.
Kurotetsu

Admittedly, when info on Double was first coming out, I was less than enthused. But as the adverts started airing, my hopes have been raised. This applies alot for Phillip, who appears to be some sort cyborg or artificial being or just some sort of super genius. Also, considering how Decade 31 ended (ARGH), I'm quite ready to watch another Rider take center stage now.
"0, Exia and Setsuna: Three Gundams become One." - Sume Gai
ZeroBusterXX

Ugh, I really want that Decade/W movie to come out now. Badly. That ending was just..... I need more!!

W will keep me nice and busy though in the mean time, so will my re-watch of Kabuto, and going through Faiz again too!

Spoiler
Decade's ending really makes me hope we get some more of the original riders back for his movie. Inui and the real Souji need deserve it. That and I think a meeting between Souji and Tsukasa would be something to see.
Wellman

ZeroBusterXX wrote:Ugh, I really want that Decade/W movie to come out now. Badly. That ending was just..... I need more!!

W will keep me nice and busy though in the mean time, so will my re-watch of Kabuto, and going through Faiz again too!

Spoiler
Decade's ending really makes me hope we get some more of the original riders back for his movie. Inui and the real Souji need deserve it. That and I think a meeting between Souji and Tsukasa would be something to see.
I agree with the statement in those spoiler tags.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Double has an intresting concept, it seems like they're trying to capture the spirit of a Showa Rider with this series.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ZeroBusterXX

Wellman wrote:
ZeroBusterXX wrote:Ugh, I really want that Decade/W movie to come out now. Badly. That ending was just..... I need more!!

Spoiler
I agree with the statement in those spoiler tags.
Oh my, the sentence in that spoiler tag is what happens when I try to post after having an all-nighter.

And Might Gaine: Heck Yeah!! That's the same conclusion I came to when I saw that W had a scarf! And how bizarre the Kaijin look in this show.
laj12387

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Double has an intresting concept, it seems like they're trying to capture the spirit of a Showa Rider with this series.
Yes, it looks like there trying to go more with a Showa fill with this Rider series
r34racer01

So anyone here watch the pilot. I thought it was pretty good. I like how this show is very tech based.
Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ZeroBusterXX

I'm really digging the OP, i found it last night on another forum and I watched it like 8 times, but I still have yet to watch the episode yet. I saw some clips though, and I was surprised by the henshin, it wasn't what I thought it was gonna be, it was a bit cooler than I was expecting.

The song's real catchy, too bad the single dosen't come out till November 11th :evil:

laj12387

That was a great episode but, some of the CGI did not mesh with the live-action as well as other CGI in the episode. I loved the opening and the music but, the 2d animation in it just felt added and needed to be more equally distributed though out the opening. all in all a great start for Double(W).
EZero8

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:The song's real catchy, too bad the single dosen't come out till November 11th :evil:
Yeah it's definitely a catchy song. Probably enough to get me humming the tune for the next few days. :)

W~B~X!
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
ZeroBusterXX

I finally got around to watching this the other day, and I really enjoyed it.

The music had a nice 70's detective show feel. The design of W was really cool too, very retro, and even kind of menacing with those glowing eyes. The belt was cool too!

And the name "Dopant" makes soooooo much more sense now!
VR7

I noticed that nearly everyone posting in this thread is using a Kamen Rider/Super Sentai avatar of some kind. :P
Spoiler
I never really liked how Decade turned out. When it started out it had potential, despite having a very fanfiction-esque premise.

Their first mistake was wasting their budget during the first half of the series, which was around the point Kivala turned into a stick puppet.

Their second was ending the series abruptly without filling in the remaining plot; on the flipside, at least they're doing another movie to compensate, rather than trying to condense everything into a single episode. However, that still could've been avoided with better planning, and less time investment on side things like Amazon and Shinkenger near the end of the series, or bringing Minami Kotaro and Tsugami Shouichi back for only like 3-5 minutes of cameo time.
I saw the pilot of Double, and I liked what I saw. The premise was much better, and just about the only thing I can think of that I didn't like was the obviously fake blood at the beginning of the episode.

Hopefully the series will turn out really well, I still haven't seen excellent writing in a Heisei Rider series since Kamen Rider Blade.
(Or maybe Hibiki but I still haven't gotten around to finishing that)
-noel
ZeroBusterXX

Yeah, VR7, you should totally give Hibiki a watch. It's pretty un-Rider-like (it wasn't gonna even be a Kamen Rider series though....), but the first half is really, really unique.

And about that "no good writing since Blade" thing: C'mon man, Kabuto rocked!
EZero8

ZeroBusterXX wrote:And about that "no good writing since Blade" thing: C'mon man, Kabuto rocked!
Kabuto was alright, but it will never match Blade's level of awesome writing. :wink:

Anyways, maybe it's just me, but Shotaro's mannerisms remind me a lot of Otoya from Kiva...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
ZeroBusterXX

EZero8 wrote:
ZeroBusterXX wrote:And about that "no good writing since Blade" thing: C'mon man, Kabuto rocked!
Kabuto was alright, but it will never match Blade's level of awesome writing. :wink:

Anyways, maybe it's just me, but Shotaro's mannerisms remind me a lot of Otoya from Kiva...
No, it's not just you. Although, I think Otoya is more "fabulous" than Shotaro is.

And I've never seen Blade all the way through, I've only seen about 5 episodes of it. I liked what I saw, and I'll probably watch it all soon.

I also gather that you are a Faiz fan. Faiz is my personal favorite Heisei rider. I honestly had no beef with that series at all.
Heecarl_Reez

Kabuto is nice series,but just like some heisei rider,for some reason the near end part is kinda mess(perfect zecter.ughh).Well the triple rider kick scene is awesome btw :D.

W starts nicely,enough to make me forget about decade(and that lame-to be continued to movie ending :P).I do like the detective theme,the music,and the design.At first I kinda worry about that big Car/trailer they had,but after watching the 2nd episode,it turns out to be a cool machine^^.

Well,now waiting for the 3rd episode....