Stage 1: En Garde [Dominion]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

Stage 1: En Garde [Dominion]

--Cluster-20 Resource Satellite--
-Dominion Queen-class Edith-

"Man... I was expecting something more roomy," Alexander mumbled as the Dominion Queen-class Edith docks at the Cluster-20 Resource Satellite.

It was originally a mining asteroid controlled by the Dominion, but in recent months the satellite has been evacuated of civilians and turned into a stategic point to launch an invasion. It was the closest to the Moon of all other Dominion-controlled Clusters.

A few days before there was an information leak that C-20 was in danger of an attack. The Dominion government responded by sending a group of troops to the satellite to defend it. It was nothing more than guard duty, and Alexander was easily bored when playing on the defensive.

Letting out an audible sigh, Alexander turned away from the viewing screen and headed to the ship's hangar. Perhaps finding that workaholic David will be able to humor him for a little while.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Attomoku

Re: Stage 1: En Garde [Dominion]

DQC Shireen, Hanger

Lady Catherine

'It's dreadful dreary at the moment' Cat thought as she sat in the upturned hand of her gaudy Armored Module. She had done her routine PT for the day, and touched up the paint on her nails and AM. There was little to do while they docked so she called up the roster on her handheld that nestled in her lap and looked it over while slowly and unconsciously filing her nails into points.
This ship wasn't the one she had originally set sail in, that one had exploded sometime around her 4th kill (the second gunboat) in the invasion. She had been recovered by a King-Class called the Pendragon and later reassigned to the Shireen. Cat would never admit it, but she missed her former squad mates already and was curious about these new ones.
The roster of the Shireen was an odd cross section of the Dominion: a Count, a Squire, a Knight, A Barron, a well to do commoner, and.. a Lady. She laughed aloud, laced with madness and sorrow, and anyone in the hanger would have heard her yowl. She was no longer a Lady in the proper sense, only the technical. She was not so out of it so she didn't notice that cruel fate had taken a part of her psyche when it took her child but she just didn't care.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
blind_dead_mcjones

DQC Edith

Where are those two useless dimwits? Bohemund mentally growled to himself as he sauntered through the corridors of the ship, the order to assemble at the hangar in full gear for an equipment check had been announced nearly half an hour ago, and much to his dismay, Ensigns Percival and Cecil were nowhere to be seen. though admittedly it was not unexpected of the brothers to shirk their duties at the most innapropriate of times. when i find them, they'll be doing laps of every ship hangar in the dominion till the end of time.

rounding the corner he noticed Alexander was heading in his direction, hoping that he had seen his charges he stopped to speak with the man.
"De Leon!" he adressed the pilot sternly, "have you seen Ensigns' Percival and Cecil Callow anywhere?"
Flag Fighter for life!
EZero8

--Edith--
-Hangar-

Alexander snarled when the other Lieutenant addressed him, rather rudely at that. How was he to know where the brothers were hiding?

"It's Ponce de Leon, Bohemund..." he growled. "When addressing a comrade, at the very least get his name right if you're gonna be snappy. As for the Ensigns Callows, I have no clue where they are. But I do know that it suggests inept commanding if you cannot control your own men. Now if you excuse me..."

Alexander proceeded to continue on his way to look for David, who happened to be at his Pawn doing the routine checks to his machine.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Loser Villain

DQC Shireen, Hangar

Docking was always uneventful, at least they were in Bonito's eyes. However other crew hustled about preparing the ship for it arrival. Having no assigned task to complete at the time, he decided it was a good idea to check up on his Pawn.

Entering the hangar he heard the distressing laughter of Lady Catherine echoing about. Some of the crew were clearly disturbed by it and frankly it had an effect on him as well. He had heard rumors about her, but this had confirmed them.

Shuddering he proceeded further into the hangar. Being on the same team as Lady Catherine meant his Pawn was in the next berth, meaning he'd have to pass her to get to it.

Always one for following protocol, Bonito gave a slight bow to Lady Catherine. They were the same rank, but socially he was lower on the chain and had to recognize her as being a supirior.

"Lady Catherine, pleasure to meet you," Bonito said hoping to take her mind off of whatever cause her to break into a laughing fit.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
blind_dead_mcjones

Eric almost recoiled as if slapped at Alexander's rebuttal, thankfully he kept his composure and bowed slightly in humility.
"My apologies Ponce De Leon" he replied, surpressing the contempt he felt for the man. He's just like the Callow brothers, carefree, lazy, almost negligent in his duty, at least he's a decent pilot, which is more than could be said for the other two. before letting alexander pass him and go halfway down the corridor before he had a thought.
"don't worry too much about our theatre of operations." he advised. "being on the defensive in a Resource satellite allows one to dictate how the attacker moves, lots of places to hide and plenty of opportunites to set up killzones to herd the enemy into."
with that he walked off trying to think of places the pair of malcontents he was in command of could be. what did i do to deserve this? of all the pilots they could put under my charge, why couldn't they give me Bonito at least? he's a good man, and a good pilot, or even that mad woman that's in his squad?
Flag Fighter for life!
wonton bob

- Dominion Queen-class Shireen -
- Hallway -

Baron Von Kappelhoff and Meier are walking in the direction of the hanger with Meier slightly behind the Baron giving the lead to his superior in rank and class. But he still constantly scans the area either out of habit or suspicion especially being a man down. The Baron is always sending Bäcker out on secret errands which has Meier worried but unable to say anything about it. The ship is full of what he would call untrustworthy characters and anything else would have to take a backseat. The silence is suddenly interrupted by the Baron with one of his many nonsensical ramblings.

"The food had at least better be edible on that rock. I've asked the captain several times if we could stop by and pick up my personal chef. I would naturally pick up the tab for the lobster and sea bass. Really, I don't see the bother. Are we all savages?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Attomoku

DQC Shireen, Hanger

Lady Catherine

"Lady Catherine, pleasure to meet you,"

She laughed distressingly again “Ha, You should know that I’m no proper lady, not anymore.” She added with a touch of melancholy, “Besides,” she continued now with a hint of mainia, “we’re equals here in the forces so don’t bow or you’ll end up with terrible posture!” She said as she looked him over. Bonito was handsome, almost exotic and though he carried noble station he lacked that air of superiority. After regarding him for a moment she asked' “You were not born gentle,” it was moreso a statement than a question, she had never met him before but she knew, “so, how ever did you come to have such a station?" She was actually curious and locked eyes and never wavered to the point where it was uncomfortable. “Did you kill a man for it?” she purred, “Or save some dignitary?” she continued to stare while she waited for an answer and kept unconsciously sharpen her nails.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

Edith

The lounge near the ship's hangar was far from the nicest on the ship, but the quality of its accoutrements had nothing at all to do with why Cecil Callow deigned to grace it with his presence. Cecil, who had actually changed into his uniform per Bohemund's request (which was a small miracle in and of itself), let out a raucous, nasally upper-class laugh as he reached into his breast pocket and produced a small ornate box of snuff. "A-HA-HA-HAAAH," he bellowed, taking a pinch of the tobacco. "And then," **sniff** "I said," **sniff** "Darcy my good man, do recall that you're only the best polo player on a -8 goal team,". He paused to allow the two female petty officers sitting with him a moment to giggle like schoolgirls at his "clever" story, and then pulled one of them closer as he snapped the ivory box shut and put it back in his pocket. She blushed and tittered nervously as he slid his arm around her waist. "Now then," Cecil continued, a dopey smile on his face, "It seems to me that I can't remember the reason I came down here in the first place,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
blind_dead_mcjones

DQC Edith
Corridor

Bohemund stood still in the corridor deep in thought, it suddenly came to him like a flash, turning around he went back towards the hangars, continuing past the bulkhead doors that sealed it before comming to a stop outside the lounge that was located near it, a familiar nasal laugh that emannated from the lounge confirmed his suspicions, peering inside he could see Cecil's back facing him as well as the backs of two female petty officers. he considered just barging in there bellowing but he'd done that too many times in the past and it always had zero effect, plus wasn't sure his larynx could take anymore yelling. Time to try something different

slowly making his way inside, Bohemund went completely unnoticed until he was nearly right behind the Ensign and his 'companions', Pausing only to muster up the most pleasant voice he could manage.
"Mixing Buisness with pleasure Ensign Callow?" he asked, a seemingly benign smile on his face
Flag Fighter for life!
wonton bob

- Dominion Queen-class Shireen -
- Hanger -

The Baron steps onto the hanger clenching a pair of black gloves in his right hand, the medals on his dress uniform catching whatever light is in the area. Immediately in the corner of his eye he notices some discussion between the crew. Ignoring it and turning away he walks toward the other end of the hanger where his Modules are stationed. The Baron does not want to waste time on what little prattle might be going on.
As they approached their Pawns, which have been covered over with a coarse cloth, the Baron motions with his left arm for Meier to pull a lever to remove the tarp. When the covering is removed three newly painted Pawns are revealed; two are battle grey except for the middle Pawn which is white, but all have the coat of arms on the chest. The Baron uses his gloves to wipe off the little dust that has settled on his left sleeve. Both men then notice Bäcker standing at the entrance, he gives them a slight bow.
The Baron gives another look at the Pawns before giving Meier more orders. "Ah, gut. I want them rechecked again and prepped to go at a moment's notice." The Baron takes a step toward Bäcker before realizing he almost forgot to mention another task. "Oh, make sure the techs are ready with that add-on to my suit. I want the ruffians to know who they're dealing with. Now, I will be going back to my quarters to dine on my *gasp* final pack of caviar." The Baron walks out of the hanger in a quick pace with Stefan following closely behind.
Meier is left standing alone knowing full well that Stefan being of lower rank and class should be doing all the work but lately it has been the other way around at the insistence of the Baron, but his duty is to follow orders and pay attention for the king which he can't do if he's constantly given menial tasks to do. He pinches the bridge of his nose to try and calm a growing headache. "Well..atleast I can be sure in battle that these things won't go haywire."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Loser Villain

DQC Shireen, Hangar

“Ha, You should know that I’m no proper lady, not anymore. Besides, we’re equals here in the forces so don’t bow or you’ll end up with terrible posture!”

He was slightly taken aback by her statement. She didn't seem keen to acknowledge the social structure of the Dominion. Strange indeed for a woman with her title.

"Ah, well I've been brought up to respect the title of the noble class and know my..." Bonito was then cut off mid-sentence by Catherine.

“You were not born gentle, so, how ever did you come to have such a station? Did you kill a man for it? Or save some dignitary?”

Suddenly he felt his eyes must have widened to the size of the saucers Lady Córdoba used to use when drinking coffee. Most of the nobles were able to figure out that he wasn't born into nobility after meeting him a few times. Lady Catherine figured him out in a matter of minutes.

And as she spoke she stared right into his eyes, unblinking. It was hard to look away despite how uncomfortable it made him feel. Something about her pale blue eyes dragged him in like a rip tide that would carry him under to drown. There seemed to be something lurking behind those eyes though, but he couldn't quite place it. Finally he managed to look away and began to formulate a response.

"No madam, it wasn't anything as dramatic as that," he brought his eyes to meet hers again so that she didn't think he was trying to lie. "No, I was a stable boy for the Córdoba family for many years. They had only one child, Antonio, and he was badly injured just before he could be accepted into the military. He and I were good friends, and his father had saved my life by taking me in when I was a child. Sure, I was only a stable boy, but they looked after me none the less."

He smiled remembering the kindness the Córdoba family had shown him. "Well, the family has traditionally had the male heir of the family join the military. With Antonio injured I was asked to take his place in the military as an adopted son of the Córdoba family."

He stopped at that realizing he had given her more information then he normally had given to other nobles that questioned his status. Normally he'd only tell them he had been adopted into the family. Never did he mention his tenure as a stable boy, such a position wasn't fit for even an adopted noble. Something about Lady Catherine drew his whole story out, what power she seemed to have.

"I'm sorry," Bonito looked down, "I've said more then I should have."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

DQC Edith

"Heaven forfend that my younger brother should do something so crass a mix business with pleasure!" Percival responded before Cecil could as he swept dramatically into the room.

"After all, business is so...Common," he finished. The way his lip curled in disgust showed just how much he disdained anything common.

He strode past Bohemund to sketch an elegant bow to the girl that his brother was not sweeping off her feet. As he rose, he produced a small white flower from seemingly out of nowhere and presented it to her.

"A lovely for the lovely," he explained.

Percival was also already in his uniform, sort of. He was wearing the uniform, after all, but the deep purple capelet and beret and large golden epaulets were assuredly not part of the military standard. Nor were the ornately worked boots he was wearing or the half gloves that covered his hands.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
blind_dead_mcjones

despite his current mood with the Callow brothers Bohemund could not help but be impressed with the flair and audacity Percival just displayed when entering the room, the 'adaptions' to his flight suit certainly reinforced that, pushing the thought out of his mind Bohemund mentally smirked before continuing.

"Always a flair for the theatrical Ensign Percival" He replied, maintaining his cheery good natured facade. "seeing as you both have so much free time on your hands, how about you both make yourselves seen where your armoured modules are stationed and commence final checks on them before we launch." taking advantage of Cecil's lethargic state Bohemund leaned over the younger of the two brothers and deftly reached into his breast pocket, pulling out an ornate ivory box, the girl huddled close to Cecil opened her mouth to say something but a glare from Bohemund's remaining eye swiftly silenced her, she shrunk back into the seat.

"well well well. this looks expensive." he opened the container and studied its contents. "and very high quality i assume, would i be right in conjecturing that this would be extremely difficult to procure even for financially well endowed Gentlemen such as yourselves?" he closed the box and chucked it into the air before catching it. "I'm sure the deck hands and maintence crews will enjoy this 'token of appreciation' during their down time for all of their hard work."
Flag Fighter for life!
Attomoku

DQC Shireen, Hanger

Lady Catherine

"I'm sorry, I've said more then I should have."
"Not at all Darling," she replied and flashed him a genuine smile, "you should never forget where you came from. It gives you a unique perspective, being apart of two worlds. You can see things that others can't and won't take anything for granted." She put a hand, full of sharped nails, to her stomach and assumed a far-off look. "Some of us... must learn that the hard way." After a moment of reflection she came back to reality and changed the subject.
"They say that to see the true character of a man you should look at the way he treats his subordinates, it sounds like Senior Córdoba is a great man. Great men are so few and far between these days," she said wistfully, "you are quite lucky to meet someone like him, I wish that your luck holds on the battlefield."
EZero8

--Dominion Queen-class Edith--
-Hangar-

David typed away at his computer as he worked on maintaining his Pawn. If he planned on getting that promotion he wanted, he needed to perform at his best. That requires that his machine, an extension of himself, to be in tip-top shape as well. As he worked up a storm, he didn't notice his CO and good friend Alexander show up near his machine.

"Working way too hard as always," Alexander said. David looked up and gave a curt nod in response. He wasn't here to chat, and frankly it annoyed him that Alexander was carefree with regards to work. The man can pilot, but everything else made Alexander useless as an officer.

"Yeah, compared to your usual workload of course I look like I'm working too hard," David said, breaking his silence. He continued to type away, not looking up.

Alexander gave a short laugh, though he expected a much more snarky comment. "You're no fun. But since you're working anyways, you might as well make checks on my Pawn too. Help out an old friend, eh?"

David grunted in response as Alexander turned to leave. "Always making me do your dirty work..."
Fritz Ashlyn

Edith

"Mixing Buisness with pleasure Ensign Callow?"

Cecil's jaw set when he heard his superior's voice. Bohemund could be so boorish and overbearing, but he preferred that to the Baron's clumsy attempts at being subtle and clever. Of course he'd never say that to the man. He was about to provide a clever rejoinder when his brother made his entrance and diverted some of the attention away (giving him more time to think of something to say). Cecil grimaced slightly, at his brother's attempt to make time with one of the ladies but especially at the embellishments to Percival's uniform. Cecil's jaw clenched even harder when Bohemund provided another pithy comment and reached into his pocket to take the ivory box. It took all of his willpower (such as it was) to keep himself from stopping the Baron.

"Well, well, well. This looks expensive," the Baron said as he opened the container and studied its contents, "And very high quality I assume. Would I be right in conjecturing that this would be extremely difficult to procure even for financially well endowed Gentlemen such as yourselves?". He closed the box and chucked it into the air before catching it. "I'm sure the deck hands and maintence crews will enjoy this 'token of appreciation' during their down time for all of their hard work."

"Sir," Cecil finally spoke as he stood up and turned to face his team leader, "If you insist on wasting fine tobacco on laborers, then I suppose there's nothing I can do about it,". He drew himself up into a more impressive slouch and declared with noticeably milquetoast forcefullness, "But I must request the return of that snuff box. It's an heirloom. Aunt Camille would be cross with me... ". The two female petty officers had both dropped their vision to the floor and began to fidget with their hands in their laps; they were used to 'disappearing' into the background during confrontations between nobles.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
King Monkey

"Quite, quite," Percival threw in, doing a very poor job of hiding his distaste for Bohemund and his actions. Fortunately, he generally looked like he disdained everything around him so an increase and focus of the emotion was difficult to notice.

"It is bad enough if you MUST insist on wasting the finer things on...commoners," it seemed that the word almost choked Percival as he forced it out of his throat, "but they could hardly know what to do with such a fine box. They would no doubt fill it with greasy tools or potted meat or both, perhaps. Really, it is not even to be considered."

He gave his capelet an agitated little flourish to indicated just how ridiculous the very concept was and cast a sly glance at the two petty officers to see how they were judging his gallant defense of his brother and his brother's property. He took their downcast vision and fidgeting for demure flirtations and stood even straighter to strike a more impressive figure.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx