LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

Well might as well get this started off. I'd like to thank all the participants for voting and for submitting different ideas for the poll.

Now onto the main stuff: I'll probably need at least one co-GM to help plan and run things smoother than if I were to run this by myself. Anyone interested can leave a message here, contact me by PM, or hit me up on MSN. I'll have the sign-up thread posted soon, probably tommorow at the latest. We can start the game as soon as there are enough participants. Let's make this happen, guys. 8)

Questions and concerns can also be directed here or by PM.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Kavik Ryx

Re: LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

If it wouldn't be an inconvenience, I think I game for being a co-GM.

And EZero8, congratulations on your victory.
Attomoku

So can you describe the tech like the pawns and the raptors in a bit more detail?
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Big Zabowski

Attomoku wrote:So can you describe the tech like the pawns and the raptors in a bit more detail?
Not to mention a signup sheet format and the like. Also congrats on the win. It was close there for a while. :wink:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

@Kavik: There are a lot of factors I have to consider before I choose a co-GM, but I'll take you under consideration. Thanks for the offer.

@Attomoku and TBZ: Most of that stuff will be found when I post the sign-up thread, but here's some basic info on the first mobile weapons appearing in the game. I based their stats/weapons on some existing MS designs for simplicity:
Utopian Earth Nobility Dominion Mobile Weapons:

AMD-006 Dominion Pawn
Height: 17.5 meters
Weight: Base 49.9 tons; Full 70.3 tons
Battery Output: 986 kW
Thruster Output: 53,400 kg total
Armament: 120mm machine gun; heat axe x 1; heavy sword x 1; 90mm machine gun; 280mm bazooka
Info: Originally designed by the Protectorates before the plans were confiscated, the Pawn now serves as the backbone of the Dominion's mighty military. This simple model is named after the most basic (and abundant) piece in the game of chess, and features a cheap, miniaturized solar energy battery to increase production numbers. Although somewhat slow and cumbersome, the Pawn's heavy armor can provide even limited protection against heavy bazooka rounds. Nonetheless, it serves as a reliable frontline unit on the battlefield, where it serves to overwhelm and exhaust enemy forces based on sheer numbers alone.

Lunar Protectorate Mobile Weapons:

LMF-01 Raptor
Height: 18.0 meters
Weight: Base 41.2 tons; Full 58.8 tons
Battery Output: 1250 kW
Thruster Output: 57,480 kg total
Armament: 60mm vulcan gun x 2, mounted on head; plasma saber x 1; 90mm machine gun; 360mm bazooka
Info: The Lunar Protectorate’s first general production mobile frame. The Raptor is designed with a lighter frame in comparison to the heavily-armored Dominion Pawn, giving it greater mobility but lesser durability. The Raptor also boasts greater performance and longer operation time, effectively making it more advanced than the Pawn. It fields the first pure energy weapon in the form of a plasma saber, though prolonged use will drain the battery.
As I've noted before, the mobile weapons will all be battery powered. I may or not provide lineart depending if I have time to Franken them, though I'd like to leave their interpretations up to your imagination.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Big Zabowski

Looking at the Raptor's description I can see it as being a cross between the Britova and Baliant in Gundam X. Sort of gives a feeling of the Flag, but beefier too..

Whereas the Pawn.. The Buckeng kinda helps me there..

Also, edited my rank in the signup for US/NATO rank: O3/OF2 Captain/Lieutenant. I think we should look into using NATO or US standard OF/O rank structures for now until someone comes up with a good rank strcture for each side.

Or we could use 19th century Royal Navy ranks converted to O grade and something contemporary for the LP?

NATO O codes for consideration
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

...is Kavik Ryx trying to join the game as a moon aspie?

Edit: Regardless of what rank system is chosen, the Dominion had better have a "leftenant" rank. :P
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

The Big Zabowski wrote:Or we could use 19th century Royal Navy ranks converted to O grade and something contemporary for the LP?

NATO O codes for consideration
Fritz Ashlyn wrote:...is Kavik Ryx trying to join the game as a moon aspie?

Edit: Regardless of what rank system is chosen, the Dominion had better have a "leftenant" rank. :P
I've decided to go with the US Navy O code for the Protectorates since for some reason people (myself included) are more familiar with them than the Army O code. As for the Dominion, I was thinking that the nobility would have their upper-tier ranks based on their titles (Duke, Baron, etc.), and "commoners" would just follow standard military ranks like the LP.
Lans

EZero8 wrote:nobility would have their upper-tier ranks based on their titles (Duke, Baron, etc.), and "commoners" would just follow standard military ranks like the LP.
That would be Squire and Knight, before going into baron and viscount, etc. Meaning most of the cadet and newbie pilots would be Squire and Knight. Still even in the royal military they employ standard military structure, historically speaking they still got captains and lieutenants, general, etc. Noble titles and military ones don’t really interfere with one another. Even noble born in some civilizations need to advance into the military ranks without the help of his royal rights. Just my 2 cents.
EZero8

Lans wrote:That would be Squire and Knight, before going into baron and viscount, etc. Meaning most of the cadet and newbie pilots would be Squire and Knight. Still even in the royal military they employ standard military structure, historically speaking they still got captains and lieutenants, general, etc. Noble titles and military ones don’t really interfere with one another. Even noble born in some civilizations need to advance into the military ranks without the help of his royal rights. Just my 2 cents.
Interesting... well looks like Dominion players will just have to list a rank as well as a title.
Lans

Monarchy-society tends to give certain benefit to those who have royal rights. Perhaps players could pull Code Geass Suzaku background with this element. Even if one is a good pilot, escalate in ranks, and famous; there are certain limitation on what you’ll get from the military. Without certain titles, commoners usually end up using normal stock gear because they don’t have the privilege to use better gear reserved only for the noble born.

and yeah, congrats on your winning. I was actually rooting for Big Z's, coz' I'm quite a freak on WW II related materials. :lol:
Kavik Ryx

That's a pretty blunt way of saying it. But probably not that far off. The character has a mild case, which is augmented by him being a spoiled rich kid. Having experience around people with it, I guess it becomes part of one's daily norm. It just seemed like an interesting idea at the time.
The Big Zabowski

Lans wrote:Monarchy-society tends to give certain benefit to those who have royal rights. Perhaps players could pull Code Geass Suzaku background with this element. Even if one is a good pilot, escalate in ranks, and famous; there are certain limitation on what you’ll get from the military. Without certain titles, commoners usually end up using normal stock gear because they don’t have the privilege to use better gear reserved only for the noble born.

and yeah, congrats on your winning. I was actually rooting for Big Z's, coz' I'm quite a freak on WW II related materials. :lol:
One more reason for Devi to rub it in the faces of the Dominion that..well.. their 'top pilots' suck.

Oh, and don't worry Lans, it's getting a revision and will be re-entered in the next round.\
Kavik Ryx wrote:
It just seemed like an interesting idea at the time.
..same thing with my IAF wannabe, if you didn't catch that vibe already. :D
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

The whole "noble-born privileges" thing could definitely work. It only makes it better if some of the nobles are a bunch of awkward goofs.
The Big Zabowski

EZero8 wrote:It only makes it better if some of the nobles are a bunch of awkward goofs.
..FOR ME TO POOP ON!

But seriously, imma gonna take a deuce on 'em. We are 'uncultured', right? :wink:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

if it's ok with you i'd like to have a go at lineart for the two mecha
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:if it's ok with you i'd like to have a go at lineart for the two mecha
I don't think he would mind. In the end it would be less work for him to do anyway. It'd be your own interpretation so to each their own, he did give you permission more or less to visualize the suits as you see fit. :mrgreen:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

The Big Zabowski wrote:
blind_dead_mcjones wrote:if it's ok with you i'd like to have a go at lineart for the two mecha
I don't think he would mind. In the end it would be less work for him to do anyway. It'd be your own interpretation so to each their own, he did give you permission more or less to visualize the suits as you see fit. :mrgreen:
That pretty much sums it up. I probably will create lineart eventually based on my personal interpretation, but nothing's stopping you from trying it yourself. Go for it. 8)
Attomoku

Yay, I'm no longer the only dominion pilot :P . I was starting to get worried there.

Anyway, I was just struck by an idea that the squad names of the main ship/carrier/man-of-war/whatever of the Dominion battle group should be card suits (Spade Team, Hearts Team, Diamond Team, and Clubs Team) as opposed to standard alphanumeric assignment (Team 1/2/3, Alpha/Beta/Gamma Team, Alfa/Bravo/Charlie Team)

Also how are custom/ace personal color schemes going to be handled, do you just make a note of it or must it be approved by you/Co-GM? 'Cause the Cheshire Cat's AM needs some stripes in gaudy colors. :mrgreen:
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

Fritz your description of Cecil and drawing reminds me of Kurotowa from Nausicaä :shock:

Are these suit spaceworthy? I didn't get that from reading their description, from their limited time and energy I can't see it zooming around in space but from what I got was land battles mostly?
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great