VR7's New Artwork Thread

The place to share your artwork.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: VR7's New Artwork Thread

Hey, VR! Look what I made! =o

I was thinking of your predicament in the wee hours of the morning, and I suddenly had the idea to draw this. I hope the geometry between the two forms are recognizable enough so you can kinda tell how this thing transforms. There's a lot of twisting/rotation involved.

The four wings become its arms and legs, with pretty much full articulation. They're pretty thin and weak though. Instead of pinky fingers, it has those fins that project blades. All the main thrusters swivel around and point backward like tail and wing binders.

As for weapons I recommended internal ones, so the main gun swivels around as an over the shoulder cannon, and it also has a beam cannon in its torso. It uses bits/remote weapons because it can't use handheld weapons very well. I would have loved to give it a machinegun (because you would personally know how much of a nutcase I can be with those) but I couldn't figure a smooth way to pull it off. So yeah, that pretty much embodies the ideas I had. Maybe this might help you out a bit.

(Sorry if you don't like it though. It was sort of a rush job that only took about a day.)

Oh, and here is the prototype! =o
VR7 wrote:Website thingy.

On the other hand I feel kind of bad that in the end I only used like a ninth of that for my actual banner image.
The resolution on dA is very small. I managed to dig up the full-sized one from your new homepage, and it looks pretty good. I agree with Crash that the expressions are amusing. And yeah, the perspective could use a bit of a shift. (Blah, I hate drawing backgrounds.) They all have really big guns! =x

That's an interesting looking facility. Just where are they?

By the way, that's 9 pages and 20K+ views for ya. =p
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

lol. this threads been full of winning humor lately. I almost wanta give a transforming unit a shot too...god damnit I think I might actually do it
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
ydawg314

Seraphic wrote:Hey, VR! Look what I made! =o
awesome!
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
VR7

i'll probably study those transformers in more detail later

Seraphic wrote:The resolution on dA is very small. I managed to dig up the full-sized one from your new homepage, and it looks pretty good.
It actually resizes to the full image size if you click Download on the left hand side, but I don't know why I set it so small on the actual dA link. Just resized it, should be fine now.

That's assuming of course most people use 1024x768 screens by now.

Yeah, I actually had a feeling the perspective was skewed in some way. The camera angle I used completely blocked off the perspective point so I gave up and tried some other stuff.

The facility was also something I just made up.
I just noticed now that it's still not fully shaded. Whoops.
-noel
crashlegacy14

lol WHOOPS. its bigger because I didn't even notice it XD.

Oh and This...because I felt like it.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
VR7

ick

Back. I found it a bit easier to upload stuff on my new blog than on dA. (As in I can bring myself more easily to upload stuff than on dA) Don't know if I'll upload any of this on dA.

http://andromeda.thewafflehouse.net/noe ... /artya.jpg

Actually, I kind of drew this a month ago and then I let myself get distracted by school. (see below) This is a new attempt at designing Artemis. Transformation mechanics are different, it transforms into a wave rider like thing instead of a fighter. Is it looking any better, though?

http://andromeda.thewafflehouse.net/noe ... oelcmd.jpg

When school started I actually found that I didn't have much opportunity to whip out my sketchbook (my Monday schedule goes from 9am to 10pm) and either work on mecha designs or just doodle, so I ended up doodling on some of my lecture notes instead. This was one of them. Basically if Noel actually wore proper clothing instead of a brightly coloured blazer and miniskirt outfit, she'd probably look like this. I also tried drawing some extra characters for the hell of it, came out really icky.

I have a couple more doodles like this on my blog but I don't feel like posting them.
-noel
crashlegacy14

oh, rough sketches.

http://andromeda.thewafflehouse.net/noe ... /artya.jpg

if 'm seeing this right, the arms end up in front the mecha becoming the nose of the waverider, my only complain about that is the shoulders. I can't tell where they go to. the upper legs seem to disappear as well, or is it just the angle doesn't let them be seen as much? from the impression I get from this it doesn't seem like there's enough room in your waverider form for the mecha's parts

http://andromeda.thewafflehouse.net/noe ... oelcmd.jpg

first thing that comes to mind is that you proabbly should use this to remove the note book lines (remember of this to work you need to scan in color)

on to the actual image. the guy in the upper left made me think "woka is that you?" I really like the guy in the lower left. and finally noel does quite look the same out of her "standard" outfit that and she seems to like her belts..

I know you didn't post it here, but this is pretty good. this almost looks up to the quality of your normal artwork. I've got no clue what's being said but it looks funny, especially the group shot in the lower right.

oh and this is full of win.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
VR7

The lower legs should extend/retract from the upper legs while transforming. The wings come from the back of the torso section, though it isn't obvious since I didn't draw a rear view.

On those lecture doodles, I've played with blue channels a lot before, just never occurred to me at the time (2am lol) that I should've completely removed the lines. I just used a black and white filter instead, and applied the maximum white setting.
-noel
VR7

Hey guys, school is out for me so I'm going to dump a lot of crap that I should have over the school year. I just feel like revitalizing some sort of interest in my stuff.

Coloured stuff:

http://vr7.deviantart.com/art/Reika-Kirishima-149247181
http://vr7.deviantart.com/art/DeviantID-2010-152584314
http://vr7.deviantart.com/art/Pelly-s-V ... -153777278

I finished a coloured drawing on Wednesday but I haven't posted it online yet.

Sketches:

http://vr7.deviantart.com/art/New-chara ... -152240880

Stuff I uploaded today:

http://vr7.deviantart.com/art/Apollo-2-0-159209764
http://vr7.deviantart.com/art/Ardor-coc ... -159210452

I did a few more sketches (i.e. Ardor's cockpit section, more male character designs, a lot of doodling on my notes) as well as look at some old ones (artemis lol) but they generally aren't particularly impressive. I might post them later on.

I'm hoping that I might be able to churn out comic pages before school starts again in September. I'm more worried that if I don't, I might not ever be able to get rid of it from my head once I graduate next year.
-noel
VR7

Hey guys.

I just want you to know, I'm actually starting this thing.
-noel
Amadi Akintunde

I'm keeping an eye on this. Hard. At first I was confused as to the panel order until I read the comment below. ;p
domino

Looking forward to more of your comic. Looks awesome!
crashlegacy14

I'm actually keeping my eye peeled for this, I want to see it progress after having seen how much you slaved over the character designs for years. as for the panel order, personally even though I have been reading iron-man I had no problems with reading right to left, all I ask is make it obvious which side the panels start like you did here with the highest balloon also the right most.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Gasp. I know replies like these aren't allowed but, omg awesome.

I can't wait to see more :D
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
tehprognoob

Re:

VR7 wrote:That's actually kind of funny, considering I never looked at any Kamen Rider images for reference...
Happened to me, too. I never even heard of the Xi Gundam, but when I created a totally original Gundam design, someone instantly made a connection between them.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force