Episode 21 - The Willful Slaughter of Hope [Axis]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 21 - The Willful Slaughter of Hope [Axis]

((All Axis players continue posting here.))

- Outside Gate of Zedan Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Wald watched intently as the Titans were smashed at the Gate of Zedan, a hint of a smile on his face. The best part to him, other than wiping out what he guessed to be something like half their numbers with minimal effort on Axis’ part, was that the asteroid Axis looked to come through the ordeal fairly unharmed. As a matter of fact from their angle it appeared that if they regained control of it and reattached Moussa, nobody would be able to tell anything had happened. Now that this part of Haman-sama’s plan was finished, they could move on to the next - and that meant relocating to the other side of Earth. Pizal drummed his fingers on the hard shell of his normal suit’s arm as he waited another ten seconds or so for the distance between them and the AEUG to grow.

“Chief Reyes,” he spoke up after what he deemed an appropriate length of time, “Set course for Lagrange Point 3. We should meet up with the rest of the fleet somewhere between Gryps and Earth,”. As soon as he finished giving the order he removed his normal suit’s helmet and began to take the bulky protection off. “Everyone else feel free to remove your normal suits,” he said as he straightened the cape of his uniform and put his normal helmet back on. “Oh,” he added as an afterthought, “Reyes, you have the bridge until I get back. I’m going to have a chat with whoever tried to ruin my hangar,”. He spun dramatically for the door, his wrinkled cape spinning behind him, and was on his way out by the time any answer came.

- Hangar -

When the captain arrived, Ltcmdr. Graden had already landed. Pizal glided over to where Shellia and a couple of the pilots were waiting and came to a stop as the wrench was handed over. “Cadet Pilot Daenig landed first, did he not?” the captain asked, looking the young mechanic over as he waited for an answer. He felt sick to his stomach as he looked at the heap of Gaza-Cs nestled in the ship’s hangar bay, and his jaw set as he tried to keep from getting too angry again so soon. “This is ridiculous,” he muttered while he surveyed the damage. The Gaza-C might have been a cheap and numerous machine, but they only had a half dozen entrusted to them and now at least 3 were damaged because of botched landings. Cadet pilot or not, he wouldn’t let Lasis Daenig embarrass him when he went asking for new parts and supplies.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Sume Gai

Re: Episode 21 - The Willful Slaughter of Hope [Axis]

-Hanger-
-Shelllia Northran-

Shellia Stiffened as the moderately familiar voice of the captain broke into her Helmet's speakers. She turned her gaze to him and gave a nervous salute with the wench in her hand

"N-No, Sir." Brouelle had landed first. "but he was the first to..."

Shellia glanced at the Gazas on the floor, now being swarmed by other mechanics, then back again. She was too nervous in front of the captain to articulate the word "Crash" or any of its synonyms, but, hopefully, her message was clear.

-Kenneth Graden-

"Pathetic..." Graden growled as he 'stood' at the open hatch of his Gaza-C. He and the captain, it seemed, were of the same mind. However Graden didn't waste time checking the landing order, he already knew what it had been.

Graden descended to the deck and, gruffly shoving a slow, younger mechanic aside, made his way to the Gaza pile. He waited outside the hatch of Daneig's machine with a balled fist and a scowl that could scare off a grizzly bear.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Ziryab

-Bridge-

"All right everyone," Raquel finished removing her normal suit then barely stood on the very top of her chair thanks to the bridge's lack of gravity. Floating there she began to fix her beehive styled hairdo while she spoke to the crew aboard the bridge.

"After you finishing dressing down," speaking in a tone more sociable than commanding. "I want your eyes glued to the monitors and every readout. Keep on your guard until we have settled in formation with the rest of our fleet.

"Don't give me that look," for a moment wishing she had a small mirror to be fully satisfied with her hair, "Yes the Titans may have been straight mollywhopped with an Axis sized phallus but that doesn't make us entirely safe," grappling the head of her seat then pushing herself down into it until she was sitting backwards in her chair.

"The Titans already hate us for what we are. They are also becoming cornered animals. Their wounded pride will likely have us gunning for us the moment they spot us between here and our fleet. And given how our pilots did a parking job worthy of student drivers, we better damn well keep our guard up."

Raquel then pushed herself up, floating out of her seat then turning around before settling down and buckling in. "Now setting course for Lagrange Point Three!"
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
The Loser Villain

Nikolai Tuzenbach

"Thanks and don't worry about the mess; I'm sure we can fix it. Though I'd hate to have the Lt. Commander mad at me."

Nikolai was about to respond with an affirmative, as the thought of Lt. Commander Graden chewing him out made him suddenly regret standing around in plain sight, when Captain Wald came over to them.

“Cadet Pilot Daenig landed first, did he not?”

He snapped to attention as fast as possible and did nothing to stop his slow drift upwards caused by his motion.

As Shellia stammered a reply to the Captain, Nikolai could see Graden stalking towards the pile of Gaza-C's and wait for Daneig.

'Thank Zeon himself that they all seem to be looking for Daneig rather then me,' he thought as he realized it was better to stay in the open rather the appear to be hiding.

It might just limit his time in sick bay for multiple fractures.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

Djorn had spent his entire life in low or no gravity and other than the basic instinct instilled in humanity by millenia of evolution to define an "up" and "down" he was hardly affected by strange orientations. Thus, when he climbed out of the cockpit of his Gaza-C, he didn't bother reorienting himself "right side up."

Instead, he went to work. Humming the Zeon anthem to himself, he retrieved a few tools and started cracking open the casing that held the complex equipment that enacted the transformation sequence in his Mobile Suit. He'd flown these suits for his entire career and it didn't take long for him to lose patience with having to wait for engineers to fix them. Over the months and years he'd started helping the crew in fixing his suit when it broke down and, by now, he could fix most of the common problems himself.

Unlike some (maybe all) of the other people in the hangar, he wasn't the least bit upset by the debacle in the hangar. They'd successfully flown their first mission, they'd destroyed some of the pathetic Earthnoids and they'd all made it back in functioning Mobile Suits. The mission was a success. What more could anyone want.

Thus, Djorn began the repairs on his suit with a jaunty air as he hummed a tune.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Fritz Ashlyn

- L2 Space -

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

Capt. Wald's moai-like head turned back to the petite mechanic as she stammered, "N-No, sir. But he was the first to...". He remained stone-faced (ha) as she trailed off, but his face turned ominously crimson as he inferred her meaning. Pizal reached for the railing and deftly hopped it, propelling himself slowly in the direction of Ltcmdr. Graden and Daenig's crashed Gaza-C. He glanced over at Nikolai and muttered, "Tuzenbach," in response to the salute. His tone was fairly brusque but the acknowledgement was accompanied by the slightest of nods. He reached out to grab a piece of the mobile suit to change his direction and slow himself further, and came to an unsteady stop close to the waiting Ken Graden. "This is unacceptable..." he grumbled, drawing himself up and folding his arms haughtily. If a cadet pilot couldn't handle landing under non-combat conditions there was no telling the kind of disaster he could cause when things were more dangerous.

When Lasis finally psyched himself up enough to open his MS' hatch, his trepidation came rushing back at the looks of utter contempt and anger awaiting him and his eyes immediately dropped to the deck. "Ltcmdr. Graden," the captain muttered, taking in and releasing a deep breath, "I'll let you go first. I can have a nice long chat with the petty officer when you're done,". Lasis squeezed his eyes shut at Capt. Wald's voice and he weakly spoke up, "Sir, I-I didn't mean to--". Pizal reached out and grabbed Lasis by his normal suit's collar and pulled him close so that they were face to face. "You're lucky you've got that helmet on," Wald snarled, shoving Danieg back. The captain crisply pulled the wrists of his uniform down as he waited for Graden to vent at his problem of a trainee pilot. Whatever he had to say, they would need to move out of the mechanics' way eventually; more crew were moving into the area to untangle and secure the rest of the Gaza team.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

Matthew looks up from the data of the battle that he has printed out in time to see a fellow rookie get reamed out by a superior. Ignoring that mess he goes back into studying the numbers as he exits the hanger.

"God. It's almost chow-time."

I wonder if we're having steak...Damn these Gazas suck @ss. No wonder, I see now why Lady Haman has a wait and see approach. There's no way we can fight both factions let alone one with our limited resources...we'll need something powerful..
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Sume Gai

-Kenneth Graden-

"Thank you, Captain Wald" With that simple acknowledgment Graden turned to the cadet with a rather vicious snarl. Grabbing him by the Chest of his Suit Garden yanked the recruit toward him so that the only thing between the pair were their helmets.

"Petty Officer Daneig how many times have you practiced landing?" a rhetorical question "and how many times have I and others told you to pull up?" again a rhetorical question. Graden's Voice rose in anger as he continued. "And apparently you didn't listen!" Graden shoved the Cadet back.

"and for that You will not be getting a rest during our trip back! You will take off and land until you can do it blindfolded, and that goes for Nachtjaeger and Tuzenbach too!"

Graden's Angry voice echoed around the hanger so that both of the other pilots would already know of their fate.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

King Monkey

-Djorn Nachtjaeger-

Apparently, Graden's voice was loud enough as Djorn looked up from where he was adjusting the modulation on the DNIS node from 7 to 10.

"Me?!" he asked, affronted. "What did I do? My landing was perfect!"

He gestured up at the massive machine he was trying to repair. "I'm a victim of technical difficulties, sir. Don't class me in with Daneig and Tuzenbach!"

It wasn't so much that he was upset about having to fly drills. He actually would enjoy the excuse to be in such a fine piece of machinery as his Gaza-C. It was more that he was offended that his commanding officer was questioning his piloting skills.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Wedge14

Gwen tilted her head at all the commotion going on in the hangar. The place was a mess and everyone was yelling. It was really frightening actually. They should of been a lot happier that everyone came back alive. So she announced it loudly through the speaker on her helmet.

"HEEEEEEEEY WE SHOULD HAVE A VICTORY PARTY!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- L2 Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

After the crew on the bridge removed their normal suits and returned to a standard routine while the ship began transit, everything began to run smoothly. The operators finally relaxed at their stations and throughout the ship the crew began to stand down from combat alert. Roughly ten minutes after the captain left the bridge the communications board lit up and after a few seconds of connection and decoding, Vada turned in his seat and reported, "Chief Reyes, we're receiving communication from the main fleet...". He punched a few buttons and the overhead main display blinked away from its idle screen to a fuzzy view of an Axis officer. He brushed his pencil moustache down with his thumb and forefinger and drew himself up to a more appropriate posture, looking slightly down at Raquel once he realized he was not connected with the captain of the ship.

He hesitated a moment, looking for her rank tabs before speaking. "Master Chief, this is Capt. Finalan from the Mudra," he said, the picture and sound crackling a bit, "I've been instructed to pass word along to Capt. Wald that the Bindra is to cease her current operation and join the main fleet near Gryps as a semi-autonomous picket,".

- Hangar -

Pizal nodded gravely as Graden began to verbally tear Lasis apart. The cadet pilot cringed at the abuse but kept his mouth shut, not wanting to make it worse. From near the ready room, Gwen's voice was amplified into the hangar by her helmet as she called out, "HEEEEEEEEY WE SHOULD HAVE A VICTORY PARTY!". The captain looked in her direction and demanded, "QUIET!". Danieg balled his hands into fists as he continued to weather the storm, and he realized how lucky he really was to still have his helmet on. Even during his earliest training the officers hadn't been afraid to physically discipline trainees. "And apparently you didn't listen!" his CO yelled, shoving him back towards his suit, "And for that You will not be getting a rest during our trip back! You will take off and land until you can do it blindfolded, and that goes for Nachtjaeger and Tuzenbach too!".

That, however, caused Lasis to grimace and suck in a breath. "Aww, no," he muttered. Nearby, Djorn reacted, "Me?! What did I do? My landing was perfect! I'm a victim of technical difficulties, sir. Don't class me in with Daneig and Tuzenbach!". Capt. Wald barked, "Shut up, both of you!". He turned to Nachtjaeger and pointed back at Lasis, threatening, "You should be thankful I'm not classing you in with Danieg, ensign!". He turned halfway back towards the cadet and growled, "Don't waste your time or mine on practice landing. You'll never pilot a mobile suit for this ship again,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ziryab

- L2 Space -
- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Raquel's lips began to collapse upon themselves and tried to hold back a wince, even a grimace.

Standing at attention, her eyes flicked to the side whilst she pondered just how bad things were the Bindra--their mobile suits and the hangar. May~be it was better not to mention current circumstances aboard the ship to Captain Finalan and hope--no pray--for the best if this new assignment meant combat for them.

Please let the damage be minimal, she kept repeating to herself.

"Aye aye, Captain Finalan," she saluted. We shall begin our course correction immediately. Also we shall contact Captain Wald at once about this matter," she held a hand behind her back then formed it to represent a phone and began to waggle it in Vada's direction, telling him to contact the captain.

"Until then captain," Raquel began to conclude, "if need be we can attempt to transmit our current data collection that the Bindra has recently gathered. However all information is from the ship only... our mobile suit compliment's data--has yet to be uploaded into our database."

King Monkey

- Bindra -
- Hangar -

Wald's wrathful words were enough to bring Djorn up short. A thread of ice water ran through his veins and sent a shiver up his spine as he considered their meaning. The idea of not getting to fly at all was even worse than the possibility that people would think that he was as bad a pilot as Danieg.

As much as he wanted to argue, he was sure that it would only make the Captain angrier and make it more likely that he'd deny him his right to fly.

Gulping down his indignation, he saluted. "Yes sir. Just let me finish repairs on my Mobile Suit and I'll begin training exercises."

He waited for the salute to be returned. He wasn't going to give anyone any excuses to take away his Gaza-C.

Wedge14

Gwendoline almost leaped right out her pilot suit when Graden had ordered her to be quiet. In a mad huff the young pilot scurried into the ready room and plopped herself into a corner, and assumed the fetal position.

"What a bozo...."She said trying to hold back her embarrassment and the onslaught of tears.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- Bindra, Hangar -

It took every fiber in his being to keep from yelling in outrage, but Nikolai was sure it was the right thing to do. Especially after Djorn's outburst almost had him grounded permanently.

However, he felt it was unfair that his landing was being lumped in with the other two clods. His Gaza-C was missing a damn leg! Had the Lt. Commander followed proper procedure, Nikolai would have landed last so that the deck crew could set up crash nets.

He'd voice his opinion, but not in a direct way: "Sir, I will have to use another team member's Gaza-C to participate in this training exercise. If I am to learn how to properly land, my Gaza is useless for that effort seeing as how it lost a leg while we were defending against the Titans pigs that attacked us."

He hoped it got the message across, especial since he had never crashed on a landing before.

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Sume Gai

-Kenneth Graden-

Graden was surprised by the captain's decision. At first it seemed a bit harsh but after a moment of consideration Graden realized it was probably the best punishment for Daneig It was moments later that Tuzenbach objected mentioning his damaged leg. If this boy wanted to be an officer he wouldn't be able to make excuses, in addition he had been to only pilot to take a notable hit in that fight. Turning to Tuzenbach with a gruff expression Graden answered him.

"Then I guess you should be glad a mostly undamaged Gaza has just opened up." In a fierce jab Graden pointed to Daneig's old machine. Then turning to Nachtjeager Graden returned the Salute.

"You two have until your machines' are repaired once that's done your training begins"

He dropped the salute then turned and kicked off towards the ready room.

The Loser Villain

- Bindra, Hangar -

"Then I guess you should be glad a mostly undamaged Gaza has just opened up. You two have until your machines' are repaired once that's done your training begins"

"Yes sir," Nikolai responded with a salute. He realized his gripe had irritated Graden, but at least it didn't seem to do any damage to his already soiled image.

As Graden left towards the ready room he dropped the salute and sighed.

"Guess its better then nothing," he said looking at the Gaza that had been Lasis'.

He felt bad for the guy, but then again at least it wasn't him getting grounded.

Turning he pushed off with his right foot and floated towards a crewmen who had brought in water tubes for the pilots.

"Thanks," he said to the crewmen, "You really think he'd gonna make me wear a blindfold?"

All the crewmen could do was shrug in response.

wonton bob

- Bindra -
- Ready Room -

Matthew walked in looking for a quiet place to munch on a sandwich while going over the latest battle statistics but instead barely noticed young Gwendoline shivering in a corner. "Hmmffp.." he emitted with a apathetic look as he gazed in her direction.

looks like my place it is.. he thought as he made a quick turn about and attempted to walk back out the door.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- L2 Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Chief Reyes, who was obviously uncomfortable being put on the spot, saluted the Mudra's captain and responded, "Aye aye, Captain Finalan. We shall begin our course correction immediately. Also we shall contact Captain Wald at once about this matter...". Out of Capt. Finalan's field of vision, Vada got Raquel's nonverbal order and gave a slightly exaggerated nod to show her he understood without Raquel needing to turn her head to see. He turned back to his station to attempt to contact the hangar and summon the captain in a speedy manner. Reyes continued, "...if need be we can attempt to transmit our current data collection that the Bindra has recently gathered. However all information is from the ship only... our mobile suit compliment's data--has yet to be uploaded into our database,". The corners of Finalan's mouth turned down slightly and he reluctantly nodded, "Understandable. Although I imagine you've got quite a recording of the damage done by Axis,".

At the comm station Vada nervously drummed his fingers on his thigh as he listened to the ring at the other end of one of the handsets in the hangar. Finally after seven or eight tones someone on the other end picked up - "This is the hangar, Petty Officer Wash speaking,". Vada glanced back at Raquel speaking to the officer and asked urgently in a hushed tone, "Is the captain still there?". "Yeah, but he's on his way out..." Wash said, and then there were a few seconds of silence and unidentifiable noise before Vada could respond. Following a distant, tinny sounding rebuke Vada sighed in relief when the captain got on the line. "This is Capt. Wald. what is it?" he asked, still sounding irritated. "Sir," Vada started quickly, trying to get everything out before being interrupted, "We've been contacted by the main fleet and Chief Reyes is speaking with a Capt. Finalan from the Mudra until you can return to the bridge,". "I'm on my way back," the captain answered, and the handset was returned to its cradle with a decisive click.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ziryab

-Raquel
-Bridge-

“Indeed,” Raquel replied. “That we have, sir. And from our view Axis garnered no more than a love tap. Contents may have shifted inside but I am certain she can still be used and operational as is,” concluding.

“Meanwhile our crew has faired amazingly well in our first engagement. I must say, better than training will admit, ” speaking with a straight-faced, believable conviction to make a child or grandchild believe the existence of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, though it helped she looked past him as well in order to say this much without betraying. “Though a few of our pilots were rattled with their first real combat, they all performed admirably. In fact, that explains our captain’s current departure as he wished to publicly commend our pilots and the hangar crew on a job well done after their first foray into the fray.”

-Pris-
-Ready Room-

Lazily lounging about the ready room, standby pilot Priscilla Singh contorted her lips at the scene playing out before her. More so at Matthew for his method of handling the mewling Gwendooline consisting of an almost nonchalant ignoring of her then just getting up to walk out of the room. Cold hearted thing to do to a teammate. To herself Pris recalled that it was best not to do that back during the One Year War. You had to count on your comrades to help keep you alive, which sometimes meant helping them out with whatever personal problems they had otherwise they wound up wrap up in their own problems they landed themselves and anyone else knocking at death’s door.

Slapping her hands atop the table, Pris pushed herself out of her seat and strolled towards the corner Gwendoline was curled against. Without a hesitant moment the heel of Pris’s foot deftly met the wall rather close to Gwendoline.

“Oh come now,” she growled down at her. “Are you a woman or a child,” her voice failing to give any hint of mock-serious tone she intended. “If you’re gonna cry then cry in private, otherwise repress it and hold it against him.” Pris unfolded her arms and aggressively held a napkin in front of her. “Now stop that and realize that ‘superiorrrr’ officer is suppose to be an a-hole. They took the a-hole loyalty oath in officer training school and they could be jailed if they weren’t one. Course some can be bigger ones than they need to be.”