Scorn's Stuff - Update - Valiant CG 10-06-09

The place to share your artwork.
Scorpio[pt]

man it looks AAAAAWWWWWSSSOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE :D

i wish i had mad skillz like that 8) thx for making it it took time but its almost complete i will do the stats later :P
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
ScornMandark

I'm glad you're liking it so far, it's really been stretching my own horizons. Well, as the original requester, which shield coloring do you like the best?
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Scorpio[pt]

ScornMandark

Sweet, we'll roll with that one then.

In other updates - more sketchy stuff!

Perspective: Shoulder and arms, leg and foot, torso rear and backpack

Ortho:
Second page of ortho

Assemblies: After assembling, I realized that indeed, my proportions were somewhat off. So, I adjusted the layers in photoshop to get the proportions I liked, then wrote down the height, width, and depth adjustments to each part so that I can scale the measurements later...

Front
Rear - haven't drawn back of knee joint or waist...
Side - arm view is inside of far arm

Design notes - wheel for heel and hidden wheel in foot flip down for high speed roadway travel. Wheel in foot also used for spring action for walking (since foot is not hinged midway). Backpack has attachment mounts on either side of radiator fins and bump-out for engine.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Wow. Progress at its finest. =)

I like how things are coming along. I think your engineering background is really paying off. The diagrams for this thing look really professional and planned out. I haven't any doubt that you'll be schooling me instead really soon. ("Where do I find the best graph paper, Scorn?! lolwtfbbq") =p

I like wheels. =)

Recommendations:
-Make sure the hands aren't too thin/flat.
-Maybe make them slightly bigger too. A good test is to see how big the fist is compared with everything else.
-Increase the length/height of the waist/pelvis section. Specifically, I would add more height to the part that immediately meets with the torso. (The part that sorta looks like that's where a belt would go.) This increased height will make Ortho look better. =)
-You should probably plan out a neck and collar section really soon. =)

After you have all the details cleared up, the next step is posture and posing. God, we'll have a blast with that. :roll: I'm still trying to figure that part out. >.>

Yes, I do realize it can be extremely time-consuming to implement fixes to a hand-drawn design. Especially one that looks inked already. That's why they're only "recommendations". =) Play with those ideas if you are inclined to do so.

It's looking good, sir! Here's hoping for more soon. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ScornMandark

I'm glad it doesn't seem like total trash yet :) I like overplanning designs. I like to think it's thorough, my fiancee says it's because I can't be spontaneous without scheduling it before-hand... :P

When you mention lengthening the waist-belt-area, are you saying lengthening it by itself? or shortening the torso to accomodate? Ie: are the proportions off, or just the waist part?

I think I agree about the hands. I think I'm okay with the width and length, but the depth is definitely way to thin. I think doubling it will help, at least in the palm area. I don't think the fingers need quite doubling, maybe 1.5x'ing. Probably the length, too. Of course, it's hard to tell until the next round of perspective sketches...

Necks are for wusses :P I'm thinking a pretty straightforward pyramidal trapezoid with adjustment pistons in the front. Something like-a this. I'm not sure what to do about the collar issue. I've got an area depressed for the neck and head, and I might see how it goes without one. Probably not well, but I'm not particularly sure what/how to do anything about it. I'll leave it to the next perspective drawing to see what needs added in.

My current plan of attack is to print off ortho views of all the parts having been adjusted in photoshop to the proportions I like, then scaling them and starting in that way. I don't have to worry about re-re-reinking the ortho views, and since I like the overall look so far, all I'm doing in 'Shop is adjusting the sizes relative to each other. This way I'll have relatively better proportions in the ortho for reference, and anything that needs drastic altering from the perspective view can be noted and put back into the ortho for notes. Right now I've got a running list (based on original, scanned ortho views):

Torso (front) at 95% Width, 95% Height (due to poor hand scaling, the back worked out ok :P)
Legs at 150% Height, 120% Depth
Head at 120% Width, 135% Height, 110% Depth
Shoulders at 125% Width, 125%Height
Feet at 120% Width
Elbows at 150% Height
Hands at 200% Depth
Fingers at 150% Depth, 110% length

EDIT: I think I'm gonna have to put some effort into the ankle area. It looks...meh. Probably gonna have to ball from the leg into joint in the ankle, piston adjusters in the front (no room in the back). Little details, right? Plus, the connection from the leg to the foot looks very fragile and poorly planned. More work there too, methinks.
Seraphic

When you mention lengthening the waist-belt-area, are you saying lengthening it by itself? or shortening the torso to accomodate? Ie: are the proportions off, or just the waist part?
Just lengthen the waist part by itself. If you shorten the torso also to accomodate, then Ortho would just stay the same height. Try to make him taller. =p

I agree about the neck. No one can break your neck if you don't have one! =p Your design looks like it'll work well.

It seems like you already have a good enough eye to know what to look for, so I'll let you handle that on your own. =) Make sure to show us any progress updates. And your fiancee sounds like she knows you pretty well, if I might say. :lol:
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

ScornMandark

Re: Scorn's Frankens - Update - More Sketchy Stuff - 03/11/09

Dredged up from obscurity, finally a finishing touch for Scorpio[pt]:

Noir w/ Anti Ship Sword and Sniper Rifle

Scorpio[pt] Spec Noir Full Loadout

Sorry for the delay, lots has been going on for a while. (Vague enough? ;-) )

Hopefully I'll be able to get another update on the hand-drawn stuff soon, (considering I haven't touched it in months...)
Scorpio[pt]

Re: Scorn's Frankens - Update - More Sketchy Stuff - 03/11/09

its freaking awsome totaly worth the wait thanks man :D
Scorpio[pt]

Re: Scorn's Frankens - Update - Scorpio[pt] Noir Final! 06/26/09

here are the stats

image : http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff25 ... oadout.png

Model number: GAT-X105EAX +AQM/E-X09S
Code name: Strike Noir EAX
Unit type: prototype assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: Morgenroete, Inc
Operator: EAF
First deployment: C.E. 76
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 17.72 meters
Weight: max gross weight 100.51 metric tons
Armor : Variable Phase Shift (VPS) , ABC layer
Powerplant: ultracompact hyper deuterion nuclear reactor,
Equipment and design features:
High range sensors,
Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor;
Enhanced power unit;
Positron reflector shield (monted on head )
Anti Gravity System
Wireless Recharge system ( for Dragons)
Mirage Colloid Stealth system
Fixed armaments:
2 x M2M5 "Todesschrecken" 12.5mm automatic CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head;
4 x EQS1358 rocket anchor, mounted in hands and feet;
2 x M8F-SB1 "Shorty" beam rifle, mounted on hips, hand-carried in use
On Noir Striker pack :
2 x MR-Q10 "Fragarach" 4 beam blade, hand-carried in use;
1x EQS1358T rocket anchor, ;
2 x MMBC-M9 Multimode Magnetic Beam Cannon ,
8 x Dragons : M731R (beam gun; beam shield emitter; beam dagger ) (2 in front and 2 on the back of the backpack , on both sides )
2 x MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" beam saber, stored on hips
1 x MMI-714 "Arondight" anti-ship sword, stored in right wing
1 x Type 90F" Prototype Hyakurai Yata Sniper Rifle stored on left wing
Optional hand armaments:
1x Type 72D5 "Hyakurai" beam rifle
1x MMI-RG59V mobile shield

Technical and Historical Notes

After the second bloody valentine war in a effort to rebuild EAF , from their lack of high performance MS that can match 3 Gen gundams ( Destiny , Freedom etc) , EAF makes a a pact between Morgenroete, Inc and Actaeon Industries to make a new gundam that could match them .
The new gundam is based on the Noir Frame for its multi purpose capabilities .during the development thanks to data gathered from DSSD Voiture Lumier and from Destiny gundam Mirage Colloid system (Morgenroete recovered destiny from the moon ) , they discovered a way to nullify gravity and fit it on the its wings ( making it extremely maneuverable in atmosphere ) and on its dragons making them usable on atmosphere .
Its dragons are using a prototype wireless recharging system so they can recharge without being connected to noir , recharge is instant they just need to fly around the unit , making then very useful also the dragons can generate a beam shield like akatsuki dragons did and generate a beam dagger
It also cames with a prototype sniper rifle and destiny's gundam sword
Its armor uses VPS and a Positron Deflector was mounted on head to protect the unit
The new Multi-mode Magnetic Beam Cannon its a new experimental type of cannon , its capable of 4 fire-ring modes:
SMG mode : high seed shots (similar to Hyperion smg but far more powerful)
Cannon mode : basic cannon mode
Burst mode : similar to shotgun but its "beam fragments"( similar to balls) will track heat sources friendly or foe it has to be used carefully
Rail mode : basicaly a rail gun so it can fire under water

This new cannon can bypass all type of beam shields (beam shield , positron deflector and even Geschmeidig Panzer) can only be stopped by physical shields , it has a downside if used continually it will overheat and stop working until it cools-down
the Fragarach blades have been modified so they handle can be detached and becomes a bean saber .
Its trusters were also cloned from Destiny gundam making it a very fast unit , but due to this change in the main truster it lost its striker pack compability

This unit was assigned to a young pilot who run from Colony Mendel super soldier program ( military version of Kira yamato ), Named Eduardo Dias 8) its codename was Scorpio (Zaft was sponsoring its research and protecting in exchange of super soldiers )
its first deployment was in CE 76 wen Zaft target its factory in space in a EAF colony ,to stop the production of the new X2 destroy Gundam , using a small fleet and commanded by Kira yamato , this unit engaged and single handedly destroyed the fleet and heavily damaged Freedom and Destiny gundams , making both run away and wait for rescue.
Due to high cost of production only 5 more were produced and given to EAF Aces , Eduardo keep its unit and was assigned has the new phantom pain commander along with those units on the Dominion 2 (improved version of the dominion)
Amadi Akintunde

You frankens are... masterful, my friend.
ScornMandark

Thanks!

And, instead of a hand drawn update, a new franken!

The Valiant

Metal of the Templars

The Templars. Feared by their enemies, mistrusted by the Magistrates. Originally created to be the sword against the stars, they grew in power quickly and began to be seen more like leaders than servants. Finally fed up with the Magistrates' tightening noose of control over the populace, the Templars rose against them and began a brutal suppression of the old ways.

The Valiant was designed to be the Sword of the Templars, and no expense was spared to create the ultimate extension of their office. Quick, agile, and powerful, the Valiant was the peak of Holy Interstellar Kingdom design from the Golden Age (before the Imperium invasion).

With optional Buckler
ORegan

Re: Scorn's Frankens - Update - Valiant 07/16/09

I likes the Valiant. Does it only have the sword to fight or are there optional axes/morning stars etc? :D
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
ScornMandark

Re: Scorn's Frankens - Update - Valiant 07/16/09

Well, it's only designed to have the sword as the pilots have alternate psionic attacks. Some personalized variants could be much fun, though...
ScornMandark

Re: Scorn's Frankens - Update - Thorne 07/28/09

The Thorne

Built for use by the magistrate, the Thorne was built originally for ceremonial duty but has been pressed into general service. Built for speed and to aid channeling of ether energy, the Thornes lack physical attack power and armoring but supplement the lack with the defensive and offensive spells of its pilot. Like the Valiant it uses the ether optic/mirror viewing system. The difference lays in the fact that it dose not use a channel harness but a EA shell in the cockpit to channel ether energy from the pilot to the frame.

Obviously the riposte to the Valiant, these two Metals are some of the most customized designs for our RPG that we've worked on yet, I believe. The next project is probably to replace all the stock or slightly modified stock images for the RPG with more personalized mecha. At some point. In the future. :p
OddlucK

I like it! Looks like it's got a bit of Weissy and a bit of the Alt somewhere in there (among other stuff).
Josh

I like your usage of Victory and F91 parts in the suit, works well in my opinion. Nice job!
ScornMandark

Thanks! I wanted a really non-gundam feel to it, so I pulled from some really different sources than I usually use. To be honest, I don't remember the names of the SRW suits I used, I've just got the model numbers as the names of the image files :P I really like how most of it turned out, I'm not a fan of how I smooshed some of the joints together, though.

ms-t04 for the forearms
Sazabi Shoulders (from a MG model image)
ptx-007-03c for the head and the assembly of the staff
Zoloat for the waist and legs
Berga Dalas for torso and center waist

I'm also toying with metallic sheens, I'm not sure i like it though. Maybe not pronounced enough, maybe not dodged right...any suggestions?
Josh

I haven't really messed with metallic sheen effects but maybe if you try dodging with a smaller brush on top of the areas you already dodged to add a bit more depth. Applying a separate set of darker shadows in a few areas may also increase the depth and give the illusion of a more metallic look.
Seraphic

Hey, Scorn. I know I did a suck-ass job, but I wanted you to have this:

Celestial Gundam (Scorn Mandark Custom)

And whatever the hell happened to your sketch project??
-Antares