Special 004 - Gundamn! @ Yasumicon 2009!!!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Special 004 - Gundamn! @ Yasumicon 2009!!!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Special 004 - "Gundamn! @ Yasumicon 2009!!!"
- Unplugged Version: 64 kbps - Details Posted Soon!

Special Guest Host: Dale Rausch

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

(Segment Breakdown to be posted soon!)

Finally, our infamous return to Yasumicon is here! We ripped it up here as we converse with the audience about the 30th Anniversary of the Gundam Franchise!. Then in our second segment, a Town Hall Meeting materializes about the latest sequel in the Transformers movie series, "Revenge of the Fallen"!

Thanks to all who attended and to all the listeners who support us!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Level Nine - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - MySpace - FaceBook -Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed

Sponsors & Special Offers:
GoDaddy - PETCO

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Red Comet90

Re: Special 004 - Gundamn! @ Yasumicon 2009!!!

I listened to this episode yesterday by total chance off of Itunes! Thanks for the early posting. It was awesome being there live for the show. It was too funny, but that Zambot 3 was so annoying at times. I still can't believe how much he hated Gundam 00 S2. He made it sound like it was the worse thing alive along with Code Geass which he horribly ruined for my friend who now wants to watch it since "he" dies. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that Chris waisted those two tickets on that guy. :lol:

How come the hater's versus wasn't part of this podcast or was that for another podcast you do?

Winning my little pony for the Hater's versus panel was too funny.

The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Chris
Administrator

Hater's Vs. will be coming later since Adam had to travel to San Diego for Comic Con.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Red Comet90

Chris wrote:Hater's Vs. will be coming later since Adam had to travel to San Diego for Comic Con.
Oh alright its good to hear that it will be coming eventually. I missed the first 20 minutes or so since I was so hungry.

Random question I forgot to ask in my previous post. What's the song that plays at the end of the 1st segment?

-- Haman Karn
T.V.

Sounded like the opening of Mars Daybreak, IIRC.
Fun little show, but the ending doesn't deliver. Though that's more suited for a discussion somewhere else. :)

Nice episode guys!
You had me laugh quite a few times.
SBR should refrain from making bets, so it seems.
And I found your judgement of RotF to be 'Fair and Just'. :p
CanadaMan

Nice little episode, but just remember in regards to Revenge of the Fallen ... it could be directed and produced by Uwe Boll. Far worse than even McG.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Soul Bro Ryu

Red Comet90 wrote: Random question I forgot to ask in my previous post. What's the song that plays at the end of the 1st segment?
Title: "Love so Blue ~Blue Heartbeats~"
Composer: Daisuke Ishiwatari
Arrangement by: Yoshihiro Kusano
Album: "BlazBlue Original Soundtrack ~Consumer Edition~"
T.V. wrote:Sounded like the opening of Mars Daybreak, IIRC.
Fun little show, but the ending doesn't deliver. Though that's more suited for a discussion somewhere else. :)
Good ear! That was the opening track ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Red Comet90

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote: Random question I forgot to ask in my previous post. What's the song that plays at the end of the 1st segment?
Title: "Love so Blue ~Blue Heartbeats~"
Composer: Daisuke Ishiwatari
Arrangement by: Yoshihiro Kusano
Album: "BlazBlue Original Soundtrack ~Consumer Edition~"
I had a feeling it was from Blazblue! Thanks SBR.

-- Haman Karn
GundamMaker01

Red Comet90 wrote:I'm pretty sure that Chris waisted those two tickets on that guy. :lol:
totally agree with you dude. To be honest, I'm surprised the Troll-Wreck Express didn't make an appearance.
I can't stand the weak; They're always nervous about when they'll be next attacked. They can't trust anybody and they never have an opinion of their own. I can't stand such people!

"Hey Nicol! Batter Up!!!" - Kira Yamato

Red Comet90

GundamMaker01 wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:I'm pretty sure that Chris waisted those two tickets on that guy. :lol:
totally agree with you dude. To be honest, I'm surprised the Troll-Wreck Express didn't make an appearance.
It should have been because that guy was the definition of a troll. His voice even reminded me of Chris's troll impersonations. :lol:

-- Haman Karn
skyknight

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... anime-fest

That's the news according to ANN on when Tomino was expected to come to the US.

OK, I stopped after the Gundam segment ended.

Am I excited for the 30th Anniversary of GUNDAM? HELL YA!

Gundam does have a special place in my heart, for being the good thing that I remembered living in Taiwan. That included watching "unofficial" releases of VHS of 0080 with my older cousins; and failing to build a old 1/144 Zeta Gundam with my other cousin (didn't know it needed plastic clement at the time).

And I do hope US audience would just open their hearts for 00, granted it wouldn't reach the same wildly popularity as Wing. As for me, SEED Destiny is the worst series, just watch it from the first ep. to the last ep., and tell me if the story makes sense and was it a waste of 50 eps.

Wing was the first Gundam series that I ever bought on watchable media, and it was ok. I know from reading various forums that many US view are trying to compare 00 to Wing, which I think is unfair and meaningless, I would like to go into further details. But I'll cut it short for now.

And YES, there's no meaning to play Dynasty Warriors at all!
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, I didn't like that Zambot guy one bit.

Revenge of the Fallen entertained me, but in the end I didn't really care about it. Too much stuff going on, things are introduced, do one little thing, then are forgotten about. Some of the robots didn't even get names! Devastator's transformation wasn't even interesting. Jetfire was the best thing in the movie, but he was barely in it, and got taken out pretty quickly.

Seriously, where the hell was Baracade? For that matter, why do I care so much? :?

I'd pick G-Saviour over RotF, if only because G-Saviour is shorter.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
skyknight

RotF... man, I still have mixed feelings about the whole thing, its almost the same to me with Code Geass: R2.

One, this is a Michael Bay film, and let's be honest, when did one of his films had a logical or reasonable plot that is worthy for an Oscar or a Golden Globe? RotF was very similar to The Island, where I thought both had conflicting opening and ending themes, but the transition wasn't smooth at all for RotF.

OH, how I hated those twins Mudflap and Skids, they were bad negative stereotypes that were much horrible than Jazz in the first one. I thought the script should've follow the G1 is having Sideswipe and Sunstreaker as the competing twins. And many characters didn't have enough screen time, such as Jetfire, the Fallen, Arcee, and Jolt (he's the one that connect the spark of JF to OP at the end); and what's with the short time with Sideways and those multiple Constructicons throughout the films (exactly how many are they?)

Man, the discussion can go along, but I will stop. I do hope better scriptwriting will happen for the third. Ah, TF Kiss X Kiss, is that the line for Destiny Gundam?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

Destiny_Gundam

With Mudflap and Skids, I think their stereotypical behaviour has root within the universe. Remember, most Autobots learn human culture from popular culture. Like, I believe Ironhide based himself off Dirty Harry movies or something. Anyways, it could just be that Jazz, Mudflap, and Skids tuned into shows with heavy black stereotyping, hense their behaviour.

As for the Tranformers + Loli thing, I know next to nothing about it. I recall seeing a few images, but that's it. Can't say it sounds very appealing to me.

RiD will always be my favourite Transformers installment.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
eanetdude

skyknight wrote:RotF... man, I still have mixed feelings about the whole thing, its almost the same to me with Code Geass: R2.

One, this is a Michael Bay film, and let's be honest, when did one of his films had a logical or reasonable plot that is worthy for an Oscar or a Golden Globe? RotF was very similar to The Island, where I thought both had conflicting opening and ending themes, but the transition wasn't smooth at all for RotF.

OH, how I hated those twins Mudflap and Skids, they were bad negative stereotypes that were much horrible than Jazz in the first one. I thought the script should've follow the G1 is having Sideswipe and Sunstreaker as the competing twins. And many characters didn't have enough screen time, such as Jetfire, the Fallen, Arcee, and Jolt (he's the one that connect the spark of JF to OP at the end); and what's with the short time with Sideways and those multiple Constructicons throughout the films (exactly how many are they?)

Man, the discussion can go along, but I will stop. I do hope better scriptwriting will happen for the third. Ah, TF Kiss X Kiss, is that the line for Destiny Gundam?
I agree with every point you have made, except one: Jetfire. He had more than enough screen time for his character's purpose. His purpose was to make the transition from America to Egypt, provide more exposition about the Matrix of Leadership, guide Sam to his purpose/destiny and provide the upgrade to Optimus. He did all of that, with a bit more filler that was needed.
ZeroBusterXX

Destiny_Gundam wrote: As for the Tranformers + Loli thing, I know next to nothing about it. I recall seeing a few images, but that's it. Can't say it sounds very appealing to me.
Dude, I was a huge Transformers fan, and Kiss Players was just...... disgusting. Ok. Imagine a Megatron-ish robot, with a very, um, suggestive-looking, Freudian image-style tongue, dripping and grabbing a girl, who looks like she is twelve. And you have the worst thing with the Transformers brand on it ever. Worse than Revenge of the Fallen, worse than Energon and Armada, and worse than anything Transformers that I can think of. Not to mention all the other horrible suggestive imagery in it. It is too "loli-ish" for anyone who likes lolicon.
skyknight

Destiny_Gundam wrote: As for the Tranformers + Loli thing, I know next to nothing about it. I recall seeing a few images, but that's it. Can't say it sounds very appealing to me.

RiD will always be my favourite Transformers installment.
You gotta be kidding me, back then, most of us TF fans were screaming at Takara, "WTF!?", for introducing Kiss Players (what's the meaning of having that name!). And what's WORST, they choose Hot Rod and Optimus Prime to be package with young girls!
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT66909
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT66908
http://www.toysnjoys.com/transformerskiss.html

Granted Binaltech Asterisk was the first to introduced extra PVC girl figures to go with the TF
http://www.toysnjoys.com/transformersbta.html

My Items on Sale

hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

skyknight wrote:RotF... man, I still have mixed feelings about the whole thing, its almost the same to me with Code Geass: R2.

One, this is a Michael Bay film, and let's be honest, when did one of his films had a logical or reasonable plot that is worthy for an Oscar or a Golden Globe?
Man enough of the Michael Bay, he is responsible for the greatest action/adventure moive of all time, Bad Boys 2. And dare anyone to dispute that fact.
Oh, yeah, isn't there an Oscar-winning director who is producer on both films, some guy named Speilberg, who fully endorsed Michael Bay as director. Let's not forgot producers have as much power as directors, but I don't see anyone blaming Speilberg.
Without Bay, the first movie most likely would not've been as good as it was.
Transformers 2 had problems throughtout, but it was entertaining and did the one Hollywood likes best, make money.
And let's be honest, was any incarnation of Transformers gonna be Oscar-worthy?, um, NO.
I think its an easy cop-out to blame Michael Bay, because in some circles its the "cool thing" to do. I mean if I had a dime for every "Michael Bay raped my childhood" t-shirt I saw at Comic Con two years, I'd be able to finance US healthcare.
But you know what, everyone will get their wish on Transformers 3, no Michael Bay, enjoy that.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Vent Noir

Red Comet90 wrote: It should have been because that guy was the definition of a troll. His voice even reminded me of Chris's troll impersonations. :lol:
No, a troll is someone who sets out to intentionally annoy people. I never got the impression that that was his objective. Of course, I'm no fan of 00 either...

Which was worse, 00 S2 or Destiny? I disliked them in different ways. The end of Destiny was just plain awful, so I'd say that's objectively worse. For me personally, though, I felt that 00 kept looking like it was going to get good, but never did, which I found far more annoying - kind of like your sports team constantly looking like they're going to win the match but then getting beaten. (Plus there was the Soma/Marie thing, but I've said my piece on that)

About that money-back guarantee thing... even with how much I disliked 00, I kind of feel like I have a moral obligation to buy the DVDs since I dl'd the whole gundamn thing... will you send me a cheque? :twisted:
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Vent Noir wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:
About that money-back guarantee thing... even with how much I disliked 00, I kind of feel like I have a moral obligation to buy the DVDs since I dl'd the whole gundamn thing... will you send me a cheque? :twisted:
The money-back guarantee comment was Soul Bro putting his foot in his mouth about how good 00 was.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke