Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
mcred23

Re: Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

Eddie had stood on the catwalk in the hangar for what seemed like an hour, although a glance at his watch told him it had been all of three or four minutes. The shock had already worn off, and Eddie was now just trying to figure out what to do. It would take time for the rest of Team 2s suits to be ready for combat. Both his own suit and Marvins needed to be refueled and rearmed. What damage exsisted was minor and wouldn't, or shouldn't be an issue. Wes Curren's Dias was being made ready to go back out, but Eckardy hadn't seen the pilot and hadn't talked to anyone from the short team working to ready that suit, so he had no idea when it might be able to go back out. Marvin had disappeared off toward their Ready Room, probably to grab a smoke or some food or something, and it had left Eddie alone to worry about all the leadership duty crap Eckardy hated with a passion, although he'd never complained about it to anyone, aside from usually light, goofy comments that weren't taken serious (Nor should they have) and chat with Jane when they were alone.

Eckardy was somewhat restless. He didn't want a cigarette or food or anything, and it slipped his mind to check how Marvin was doing, or to hunt down Wes. There wasn't much he could do. None of the machines were ready yet. Eckardy could help the repair teams, but he worked very slow at that and now wasn't a time to hinder the mechanics. Some other ideas crossed his mind, some serious, some totally random, but none lasted for long and were quickly gone from memory. Eddie just stood there, leaning on the railing, with a blank expression before he checked his watch and decided to finally do something; Check his suit.

The team working on Eckardy's MSA-099S was obviously short. One of the binders was being refueled, while the beam weapons were being replaced one at a time. The vulcan phalanx hatch was open to allow its ammo to be replaced, although nobody was checking it, and Eckardy couldn't remember if he had even fired the 55mm weapons during the last sortie. Eddie kicked off the catwalk and floated over to his own Rick Dias, landing on the shoulder next to the cockpit hatch. Tony Jones was on his way over from Ian's Dias, and, upon landing on the shoulder next to Eckardy and seeing the look on his face, answered the question that didn't need to be asked with a slow shake of his head.

"Totaled." The younger man said, the word coming out largely as a sigh. "All the limbs, or what is left of them, are wrecked. Need to be replaced. Lots of micro damage from close beams, basically everywhere. The cockpit is wrecked. Everything electrical is either destroyed or fried. Flight computers, data recorders, s***, basically everything but a couple of the monitors, and I'm not sure how the hell those are still up." Jones reported, already working out both the time it would take to work on the machine and his own written report on the machine. For all his knowledge of the complex mobile suits, the results of damage from battle were still amazing.

Eckardy glanced at the hulk of the machine. "S***... is anything useful left?", he asked, while his mind wondered how the hell Ian had gotten out of that thing.

Jones nodded, his tone getting a little higher as he tried to sound optimistic about the grim matter. "We'll probably have to send to back to Luna so they can strip everything out of the thing, but the torso-", Or what's left of it, both he and Eckardy added to themselves, "-will probably end up being reused. We might find some parts and stuff we can use, probably scratch build some stuff..." Jones trailed off again, knowing how unlikely that they could gain much from it, except perhaps some armor plates...

Eddie nodded, a few more curses muttered under his breath. "Alright. How long to get me back?", he asked, changing the subject.

"10, 15 Minutes, but I think I heard someone mention the withdrawl order just went out."

"Well, I guess we'll be the first team ready if something else pops up..." Eckardy said with a half-hearted grin, knowing that if the operation went well overall, not that Eckardy had any idea if the operation was going according to the plan, they wouldn't need to do much very quickly. He slapped Tony on the shoulder, getting a nod from the younger man, who went off the do something on the binder of Eckardys Dias. Eckardy, for his part, went into the cockpit and checked the machine. It was still idilng, ready to go out again should the need arise. Eckardy left the cockpit hatch open, but sat in the seat, feeling oddly fatigued for some reason, and closed his eyes. A quick doze, or at least, just sitting and doing nothing for a few minutes, was always good for the body, or at least, Eckardy thought it was and that was all the justification he needed.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

--Hangar--

Wes remained relatively unnoticed at the hangar since his return. It wasn't like he wanted to draw any attention to himself either. With the hectic atmosphere and the shock coming from various losses, the last thing he wanted to do was interact with obviously stressed out people. So he remained a silent observer to everything that's happened until now. It wasn't long before he lost track of time and the resupplying being done on his Dias.

Curren was beginning to feel weary of the battle. Already he noticed several empty hangar spaces all around. They've lost many more pilots here than he's used to. It was somewhat disheartening; to find that Clute, Luke and even Jim couldn't come back from the clusterf*** going on outside sunk his morale to new lows. What happened to Ian wasn't uplifting either, even if he came back alive.

Wes snapped out of his trance just in time to notice the head techie signaling that his B-Type was ready to go. Nodding in acknowledgement, he pulled on his helmet and floated over to the cockpit. He gave the mechanic a quick tap on the arm for his efforts before entering the cockpit for the second time today. War was leaving a bad taste in his mouth, but he still had his job. He'll still fight because he simply has to; with about half of the ship's units pretty much offline, they lack manpower. In the meantime, maybe... hopefully Curren will come back in one piece.

"This is Curren, ready to head out again," he said to Jane through the comlink. "Waiting to be cleared for launch."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wedge14

Heyden kept up his relentless charge losing the two Nemos he assumed. He pushed forwards almost slamming right into the Kalinin team. Still having plenty of propellant he chose to just blow through them. Firing a barrage of shots at the slowest moving unit as he tore right through their loose formation.

"Follow you me you punks!" He snarled as he head towards the thick of the battle.

[Gwendoline Brouillé]

The battle was coming to end, and the young girl just couldn't help but feel a bit of sadness as she looked at Axis making it's way towards the Titans. Axis had been her home for most of what she could remember in her life.

She was ordered to touch down first and surprisingly did it ever so gracefully with a bit of a woman's touch. She had succeeded in not being shot down during combat. But her actual performance was lacking.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

Balrampur Team

No sooner had the battle started, Terrace had lost sight of his team and with all the confusion he could actively seek them out. So, he attached himself to the nearest unit he could find, a team of Nemo's from a Salamis Kai, and assisted them through out the battle until the flair signaling withdrawal were launched.

"Guess I'll have to find the ship now," he said to himself as he checked his instruments and saw that propellant was getting dangerously low.

"Thanks for the help Ensign Manosk," the Lt. of the Nemo team radio to him.

"No problem Lt., just glad I could help," and with a wave from his Nemo Cannon he peeled off from the team and headed back towards the Balrampur.

He was getting closer to the fleet when two Nemo's to his left came under attack from two Marasai.

"Damn," he grumbled as he maneuvered to assist them, "Guess I have no choice."

As he got closer he aimed the 240mm on the lead Marasai and fired.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Lans

- Hamburg Team -

- Randy

A new window popped up in the screen, showing Adam’s unit getting hit. “Adam!!” Randy shouted while eying on the target. He switched target putting priority on Ming’s Marasai that seemed to be a better shooter. When the Marasai attention get distracted by Adam’s first beam attack, Randy took the opportunity to closing in, dived low and starting to fire his beams at Ming's Marasai.

The scene left Kendra growled mad unsatisfied. “Come back you here! Maggots! Don’t you da..,“ He never finished the sentenced as Adam’s second beam struck the distracted Marasai from the left side. It grazed the outer armor layer and toasted the flight mechanism. While the third one missed its target, it was already enough to knock the suit out for a couple of seconds. “Eh…,” Lt. Kendra blinked twice at the darkness. Even now he didn’t register what just happened. Nor that he even knew that the other Nemos from the Balrampur team just entered the fight. Terrace Manosk’s 240mm shell ended Kendra’s life by a direct hit from the side. He only managed to cried in agony when his body was engulfed in the flame. The Marasai structure collapsed before its own propellant blew up and consumed the suit in a bright light of fire.

Ming was more humane, he was born and grew that way. Even that he hated his leader, he shrieked in disbelief when he saw his CO suit being blown apart in front of his eyes. Natural instinct and training paid off when he did corkscrew maneuver, fought the Gees and evaded Emington’s attack. His eyes were blurred, suddenly realization come to his mind. “Damn you! Lieutenant, you… You kill us all!” he repented sadly, thinking that his leader had led his team to die. He jerked the control and tried to gain precious speed.

Randy’s Nemo came swooping in from the side, two more beams were fired. One found its target, dismantled the Marasai’s shield along with the shoulder. Ming fought back the control of his suit and charged the Nemo in a tight arc. Emington pulled back his suit and trying to finish his target by firing another rounds of fire. It caught both the Marasai's lower legs in an explosion and for a moment everything seems to end abruptly. By a small chance of luck, Ming determination paid off. The Marasai launched forward carrying along its broken legs and slammed hard into the Nemo with its left spiky shoulder.

Shocked by Ming's final attempt, Randy retaliated by firing his Vulcan. It forced Ming to punch the Nemo head and evaded the short burst of fire. “Get off me!” Emington voice unintentionally transmitted into Ming’s helmet. “SHUT UP! I… I don’t want to do this either!!” he only managed to voice the first part while drawing his beam saber. An object came fast to his screen from the right side, a horrid sound of clashing metal and before he knew was tossed away with a pang of pain in his head.

The Nemo bashed his shield so hard that the housing socket gave way and it was released from the hand grip. Without wasting time, Randy drew his rifle forward and fired two bolts of beams. Ming recovered from the shock only to see beams being lanced toward him. He did move his suit upward but without the legs its movement was erratic. He saw the beams brightly enveloped his screen before the complete darkness. Ming felt everything is over, tears came down from his eyes before his life was taken away. The first beam skewered the Marasai head, the second one hit and ultimately blew the waist section.

Just like it began, a new window popped up and shown another suit enveloped in fire. Only this time it was the opponent’s Marasai. Following the destruction of its waist it blew like a fire torch for a moment before completely lost from sight. Randy remembered the voice he heard earlier, the voice of hatred but also equally frightened young man. He sighed when he realized the person he just killed maybe not older than Alfred.

Slowly, Randy wielded back the shield and moved toward Adam’s suit. He noticed few Nemos from the Balrampur team arrived nearby, while his scanner indicated that area being crowded by even more activities than before. ‘Everybody are withdrawing, eh?” he commented to himself. He saw few enemy suits even come close from their position, just a bit closer and they might gather unnecessary attention.

He tuned his radio to friendly channel, trying to contact the Balrampur Team. “This is CO of the Hamburg Team... We thank you for your assistance, over… We’re going to get out of this area, it’s getting too crowded in here. I suggest your team do the same… while we still have the chance.”

His suit grabbed Adam’s Nemo by the back of its left arm and ready to proceed with the withdrawal. “Adam, you alright?” Randy asked after establishing skin talk.
hellbore

- Hamburg Team -

As Adam struggled to re orient his Nemo after losing the leg, Adam watched the two Marasais be consumed in quick succession. then Randy's Nemo moved closer and contacted him through skin talk, asking “Adam, you alright?”

"Yeah just some bruises he replied., "Nothing to serious. We should get moving before something else finds us."

Pushing away gently from Randy's Nemo, Adam re-oriented his own back toward the Hamburg. The flares meant that the needed to get back quickly or risk being caught. His one legged Nemo's thrusters ignited briefly, propelling the mobile suit back in the direction of safety.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Drei

~ Balrampur Team ~
- Johnathon Miller -

Slowly accelerating in his Nemo, Johnathon clearly heard the communication from Randy and had obviously missed his other comrades helping the Hamburg's MS team. While he initially felt good about the situation, the eerie silence from his team was awkward. Lt. Folk didn't respond to the CO of the other MS team and it seemed that the only Nemo missing from their team was Folk's. Feeling their allies deserved at least a simple response Johnathon replied, "Roger."

While keeping his direction to the AUEG vessels, Johnathon pulled the Nemo slowly to the right until it faced the opposite direction. One leg of the Nemo was having troubles keeping up with the others from the Hizack's beam rifle. There didn't seem to be any lone Nemo's floating around. Johnathon desperately opened a communication to any allies. He was too worried to try and single out his team or even Folk's Nemo.

"Lt. Folk... Respond please. Lt. Folk. Please respond, this is LtJg. Johnathon Miller, we're retreating...

Johnathon paused, letting his Nemo temporarily stop. He looked all around the previous battlefield from his position and still couldn't find anything large enough to be a Nemo. His eyes were frantic as they moved from side to side, up and down, all to find something that didn't exist anymore. Checking his propellant, Johnathon still had enough to carry another full Nemo with him if he had to.

"Lt. Folk! We're going back to the Balrampur, so please respond!"

Johnathon clenched his teeth, his eyes wide open. He didn't think that so soon he would lose a comrade. His Nemo drifted for a while longer to the direction of the flares. The thoughts that filled Johnathon's head were similar to what he had just gotten over. I... I didn't even know the person well. But I still feel like I lost it again. It-it isn't... No it is, but it shouldn't feel like this. The Nemo had finally retrieved its previous course and burst toward the vessels.

"Lieutenant..."
wonton bob

- Salamis kai-class Hamburg -
- Hanger -

Bernard finally makes his way into the hanger. Looking upon a wall monitor he can see the status of his Nemo. Knowing Al won't be using his Nemo for quite some time, he decides to take the more repaired suit. He quickly enters the suit before anyone can tell that Bernard is having difficulties. Grabbing a rifle and shield, the Nemo moves to the lift. As it raises the suit to the deck, Bernard tries to do a quick check on a few systems.

"Ens. Korbel, launching."

After taking off, the Nemo takes a position just off the port side of the Hamburg.

- Kirov -
- hanger -

Kyle pulls off his helmet once he leaves the cockpit and winces at the damage the Barzam has sustained. Thanking a higher power that he's injury-free, he looks over at Shiranui's suit and sees that it's relatively in one piece. He's not sure whether the rookie can stay in step with what's going on.

It'll take a lot of sacrifice to win the war now

Seeing Kamek's empty suit rack doesn't help the situation. "So what happens now?" he asks himself.

- Axis -
- Bindra team -

As soon as Mathew gets in formation he hears the order from the Bindra to return. Then Graden repeats the order to return with his own twist. Matthew cracks a smile but says nothing, he simply just waits his turn to land. Experienced or not he knows they're all in new territory now.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Attomoku

Buxoro, Hanger

Ens. August

"How are you feeling Ensign? Any nausea, severe headache?"
The light from the flashlight did nothing to help his Migraine, and while trying to turn away from it he replied somewhat testily, “No nausea, but I just put my head through the screen so of course I have a severe headache.”
“Do you know where you are and how you got here?” asked the second medic.
“The Buxoro, amid probably the largest single space conflict since the Delaz Crisis and I got here by pitching my suit against the crash netting after it malfunctioned.”
“The Date?”
“January… 18th? 0088UC” he replied slightly unsure of the date even before the crash. “Hey.. am I bleeding?” he asked licking his lips after some blood trickled into his mouth.

Lt. Robin

Elijah reentered the hanger after reporting in and found the usual chaos.
He floated over the “ground” and after stopping on the floor under Tyler’s Hizack was about to jump to his subordinates’ when a mechanic on the leg got his attention, “Oy, Lieutenant!” he motioned him over, “I think I found your problem.” The tech gave him a 30cm by about 16cm piece of flat metal when he glided next to him then pointed to dent that gave way to a fairly neat slot where it had formerly (and erroneously) resided. “That’s a probably a piece of armor from the other leg,” the tech said when he put the piece of metal in Robin’s hand. “And I think when it blew it was propelled here where, it probably shorted out the contact sensor and the throttle, so the moment he hit the deck, BAM! The engine’s suddenly on full.”
“Why didn’t the backups work then?”
“That beauty also probably severed them.” He pointed at the piece of shrapnel “It’s stupid, but you’ll often find that auxiliaries’ run next to the mains for easier access.”
“Thanks, I’ll eventually need a report on this to give to the Captain but take your time; you got enough on your hands already.” Unsure what to do with the chunk of metal he offered it back to the tech, “You need this?”
“No, but I’d offer it to the guy it might have killed.”
With a nod Elijah again thanked the tech before pushing up to where Aaron and Tim were. “So how is he?” he asked Aaron with shrapnel in hand around the time the second medic asked Tyler about the date.

Kirov, Hanger

Ltjg. Kelborn

He had praised her. Sure Stukov had praised Leandro too but still it was just so… gratifying and unexpected. She stayed to do a quick double check over her suit and watch others come in, almost not quite able to process it. As she began to leave however, Kyle crawled out of his now battered as well as ugly suit and his rhetorical question is heard as she glides past;
"So what happens now?"
“Now I guess we wait and see what comes of this.” she says, though for herself or Roberts is unclear as she continues gliding unabated towards the pilots lounge.

EDIT: Kyle not Jason
Last edited by Attomoku on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gate of Zedan, P Field -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge

The telltale blooms of small explosions and the streaks of quickly fading mega particle fire in front of the fleet seemed to let up enough that it was perceptible to Trent even in mid conversation. His concentration was split as he listened to Nick’s informal report while he tried to find a telltale sign of what the enemy was doing. The last time it had been the noticeable delay between the main guns firing while missiles were primed and targeted; this time there was something subtly different. “Report of enemy flares up,” he heard Gojiro report to Chief Kellman, who nodded crisply and returned to his stressful job at the helm. The captain frowned slightly as his eyes tracked across the distant shapes of the AEUG 4th Squadron. What was it? He felt like Abbey was about to hit him with something and he couldn’t anticipate it, and it was exasperating.

…looked similar but more… Deadly? Evil? …Metal? Know anything about ‘em Trent?

Trent shook his head slowly. It was a nonverbal answer to Nick and a physical manifestation of his frustration. Still engrossed in his mental struggle with Abbey‘s new trick he asked, “Are you sure they weren’t Barzams?”, his voice distant. “I do not think this mobile suits were Barzams. They were too rapidly moving,” Stukov interjected, his mouth tightening into a firm line. “Jesus…” Trent whispered, interrupting the pilots as he realized what was different. It had taken him this long to realize the massive hulk of Axis that loomed over the AEUG fleet had lumbered so close that it took up nearly half of the view from the bridge. For the duration of the battle, it had crawled closer and closer to the Gate of Zedan at such a slow rate that his brain had unconsciously relegated it to being a static background detail while he focused on the enemy engaging them in P Field.

It was one thing to watch the displays and the blurry videos being piped in to the bridge from other Titans ships - taking it all in with his own eyes was quite another. When he finally really looked at the thing again, he was almost gripped with panic at how close it was. His eyes darted to the countdown. 09:47:42 glowed back at him in angry red. “Chief,” he asked forcefully, speaking up over the noise, “Are you confident we can vacate P Field in sufficient time…”. He trailed off before saying anything more. Kellman looked over his shoulder. After a moment of thought he answered gruffly, “It’ll be close, sir,”. He turned back to his station and repeated, “It’ll be very close… but we’ll make it,”.

For some reason the veteran helmsman’s response didn’t fill the captain with confidence. He had no reason to doubt Kellman’s math and instincts, and yet… The bridge door slid open behind Trent, and someone silently entered and floated to a stop ominously behind the captain’s chair. “Sir,” Tariq said, his voice relatively emotionless. Stukov turned to eyeball the new arrival and noted his lack of a normal suit. “Lt. Sayed,” Trent answered unenthusiastically. Behind Tariq’s sunglasses his eyes tracked over and came to a stop on Nick. “Ah, Lt. Te’Litha! I heard you were here. I’ve been meaning to have another discussion with you,” he remarked mawkishly, but his expression remained neutral. The truth was he had followed Nick from the hangar area to the bridge.

Sayed stepped forward and turned to the captain. “Sir, has the Dogosse Gier escaped the area?” he asked. It surprised Trent that the lieutenant didn’t already know the answer; but then again maybe he did and wanted to see how he answered the question. The fact that Tariq had slowly turned into less of a source of intelligence information and more of a political commissar was both troubling and irksome. Trent’s grip tightened on his seat’s armrests. He was tired of playing head games with a man who was supposed to be his subordinate. “Lieutenant, President Hymem and Capt. Bask have not finished their evacuation,” he answered bluntly, “The Dogosse Gier is delaying the retreat while they re-figure their course for Gryps,”.

Tariq’s expression darkened slightly. “The defense of Gryps is paramount to our ability to complete the defeat this AEUG rebellion,” he lectured, glaring at Trent, “The primary job of the taskforce is to ensure Admiral Jamitov and Bask Om escape so that they can do theirs,”. Trent snorted quietly, “That’s why we’re in this situation…”. Tariq’s expression turned into a deep frown. Before he could snap back, one of the operators announced, “Ltcmdr. Ritter and an unidentified Marasai are approaching the ship,”. Trent turned away from Sayed and returned to his primary concern - the survival of his own men. “All ships, begin reorientation and prepare to evacuate,” he ordered, handing his hat off to Fyodor before he pulled his normal suit’s helmet down and secured it.

- Beta Team -

The flight back to Taskforce Echo’s loose formation of ships allowed Wolf to internalize his anger, and when he drew closer to Sven he was back to merely fuming at his latest failure. If he couldn’t capitalize on such an easy, straightforward opportunity, what chance did he have to be a leader when things inevitably came together and the Destiny was realized? He rationalized it as some sort of test. It was infuriating, but he had to weather the storm - it would make him more fit to lead in the long run. His father and siblings must be smiling down on him as they watched him struggle with petty ordeals like this - they would know this was nothing in the grand scheme of things. He believed it too. He knew it. But Ashlyn still ate at him more than anything had in a long time.

“Sven,” he called out brusquely, “You’ve got a clear shot to land. Go ahead and set down before me,”. While Haksson landed it would give him more time to think. He slowed down enough to let Sven pass him, and as he did an idea struck him. Maybe that was the answer. If he had more of his power consolidated in Taskforce Echo, it would be so much easier to get things done. Sven was talented and loyal, but he was just one man. It would take more than that to move things along within the Titans. As it was, perhaps Ritter “associates” were spread out too thin. He would have to do something about that.

- Kalinin Team -

It wasn’t a Marasai.

Alpha A. Bate’s eyes slowly widened as he realized a pink Rick Dias was charging his team like a bat out of hell, and he barely got a yelled warning out before Pan opened fire. His Marasai darted upwards but was still clipped by a beam pistol shot that melted most of his shoulder shield into slag and buffeted him as the suit struggled to maintain a normal course. Behind him, Cranston and Kuwani weren’t so lucky as the cloud of beam fire rained down through their position. One of the pistol shots lanced through the upper chest of Cranston’s Hizack, abruptly turning him and his suit into a pink fireball and showering Kuwani with debris. “GAAAHHH!” cried out the other ensign as his Hizack tumbled head over heels from the force of the explosion.

Before he could recover, another of the beams burned across his suit’s left arm and down the shoulder joint, ruining the limb and peppering his suit’s torso with dangerous micro particles. The Hizack wobbled in place as the injured pilot tried to maintain control, and Pan Heyden roared past the Kalinin Team before they could fire a shot. “Oh my God,” Janice Runnels gasped at the destruction the lone suit had wrought in the blink of an eye. She moved closer to Kuwani’s suit and grabbed hold of it to steady him as Alpha finally managed to turn around. “Janice,” he growled, “Stay with Mike. I’m going to take this joker out,”. She nodded, “Yes, sir. I’ll be right behind you after I get Kuwani back to the ship,”.

Alpha boosted ahead, trying to get up his acceleration to close in on Pan who was rapidly moving into the area directly above Echo’s ships. “Attention, attention! This is Ltcmdr. Bate - an AEUG mobile suit has penetrated our MS screen and is closing in on the fleet. Harrington, where are you? Get your boys up here and cut him off!” he broadcast on a friendly channel, hoping the Ipswich Hizacks and anyone else in the area could hear him.

- Ipswich Team -

The units deployed from the Ipswich that had been idly guarding the fleet were already on the move, alerted by the ship’s observers. “Stop bitching at me and help us trap him,” Harrington grumbled at Bate as he waved on his men. The four Hizacks fanned out and rushed Pan in an attempt to keep him away from the ships, but the Rick Dias would soon be in their midst. If they didn’t do something fast, things could get nasty. Lt. Harrington opened fire first with a shot from his beam rifle to help him gauge how to lead the next, and some 120mm streamed out to support it. “This guy is on a suicide run…” he muttered as he tried to get the Rick Dias lined up in his targeting reticule.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside the Gate of Zedan’s P Field -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Abbey watched and listened as more of the 4th’s mobile suits complied with the mission orders, but there were still disheartening gaps in the teams that were making their way back to their ships. Capt. Guanche had reported that two of his pilots were KIA, and he had been informed of the grave condition Ian Greydon had been in when he was extracted from his Rick Dias. Even worse, aside from Pan Heyden none of the other pilots from Team 1 had returned to the Dervish since they were deployed, putting them in the same ominous gray area as Team 3. They all had about six minutes to vacate P Field before it was filled with the highest volume of fire the entire AEUG fleet could muster. Having friendly units caught in the middle of that was not something he wanted to think about.

“Captain,” Jane spoke up, fortunately calling his attention away from his distressed thoughts. She rolled her eyes as she repeated the message that had just arrived, “The captain of the Bindra extends his personal thanks and the gratitude of Haman Karn and the Axis fleet to you and the AEUG 4th Advance Squadron for your patience, and for allowing his ship to observe this successful attack on the Titans. He hopes that the AEUG and Axis can continue to cooperate in the future,”. Abbey humphed and crossed his arms incredulously. As long as the AEUG was fighting to do something that benefited Haman and her sycophants, they would likely stay on “friendly” terms. He was no expert on politics, but as an old soldier he knew that eventually the AEUG would have to expand its struggle to include defending the colonies and likely the earth against Axis.

After thinking it over, he waved her back to work and said, “There’s no need for a reply,”. They were too busy for false platitudes. Axis’ “work” here was done anyway. A long whistle of awe from Wade caught his attention, and he looked up in time to see the leading edge of Axis creep into the top of the view from the bridge windows. “Damn, man. It’s like we’re carrying it there on our backs,” Filmore clucked. From their current perspective directly below the asteroid, the captain could only agree. As the massive rock called Axis rumbled straight over the 4th Squadron, Abbey finally started to feel the beginnings of a sense of accomplishment.

At her comm station, Jane returned to her normal work with a small sigh after the amusement provided by Pizal Wald. She was immediately beeped at by the pilot’s line through the hangar, and after reconnecting Wes Curren’s voice was piped into her headphones. "This is Curren, ready to head out again. Waiting to be cleared for launch,” he reported. After relaying the news to the captain, she responded, “That’s a negative on launch, Wes. Please stay on combat standby until the fleet leaves the area. The captain says you’re free to stay in the hangar or your team’s ready room,”. After a moment, she added, “I heard about what happened to Ian… Did Eddie make it back okay?”.

- Hangar -

"...Oh…um...yeah, that's a good point," Rem replied, shaking away the cobwebs from lack of sleep, "Yeah, I suppose I'd better. I would love to see what data is left from...well, what's left of it. Easy stuff first, though, those guys will probably be sent back out,". He proffered her the satchel with the bulk of the data acquisition unit, a long cable and the connector head sticking out. "Can you lend a hand?". Sophie nodded, smiling back, “I’m right behind you,”. After the work was done, the bulk of which struck her as much easier than she thought data collection would be, the crew near Curren’s suit told them to stand clear and she moved to one of the safe catwalks nearby. “When my shoulder is mended, maybe I’ll get the chance to fly one of those Nemo Cannons you guys rigged up for us,” she grinned as Rem landed next to her, “At least nobody can accuse me of trying to compensate for something,”.

In the hallway outside Team 1’s ready room, one of the mechanics released a gripper that was carrying him back to the hangar when he spotted something weird outside the door. When he got closer to investigate, he realized it was a smear of blood on the outside door control panel. He edged closer and knocked, calling out, “Hey, is there someone hurt in there? Do you need a medic?”. He noticed a small orb of blood floating freely in the hallway. Unsure if more of Team 1 had returned while he was absent, he knocked again more forcefully. “Hey! Is anyone in there?” he asked, before realizing they might not be able to hear him through the door, especially with the noise from the hangar. “Shit…” he muttered under his breath, hesitating a moment as he decided what to do. He shook his head and headed for the hangar to find help.

Within 30 seconds, another mechanic and a pair of medics responded to his call and they waited outside the door while it was keyed open. When it did, they stood motionless in shock for a few seconds at the sight that greeted them. “Lieutenant!” one of the medics called out, pushing his way into the room as he snapped out of it and rushed forward to do his job. A small alarm was sounded that would summon a security team, and the mechanics were ushered out of the room and sent back to the hangar.

- Edge of P Field -
- Team 1 -

Michiko adjusted the grip of her Rick Dias’ manipulators to keep Fritz’ suit in place so it wouldn’t effect their movement any worse than it already was; when that was done, she let the two of them drift in the direction of the Dervish. She pulled her helmet off and let it latch onto the back of her normal suit, and then wiped tears out of her eyes with the heels of her hands. This was awful. Why did they have to keep finding these same horrible people? Every time they started to move past it, that Wolf Ritter showed up like a recurring nightmare and set Fritz back. She couldn’t keep this up if things never changed. If all she did was put her own life in danger, and never really expressed herself… It would be too much for her to deal with.

She realized how hot it was in her suit’s cockpit, and it made her hate it that much more. But piloting that machine wasn’t something she could just give up, and besides, there was no home to go back to. When she first defected to the AEUG Fritz had questioned her, and the way he came at her was menacing - she even broke down and cried in front of him. It had taken her a long time to realize why he had asked her the things he did, and why he did it. “Why are you here?” He was trying to scare her away, not out of cruelty, but because he didn’t want her to end up like he had. Michiko loosened the collar of her normal suit to cool herself off. “I can’t go on like this…” she murmured. She had to work up the nerve to act. The last time had been a spectacular failure and the way the situation developed had intimidated her. “I can’t be vague this time,” she decided.

- P Field -

- Team 3 -

Celeste heard the harsh words Jacob said, but didn’t really process their meaning. She was still engrossed in protecting the precious scrap of cargo her Rick Dias had clasped in its hands. When the young pilot rocketed away in the direction of the Dervish, she turned slowly and moved to follow him at a moderate speed. As long as she got him back to the ship, it would be okay…
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gate of Zedan, P Field Perimeter -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

“Sir,” one of the operators timidly spoke up, “Petty Officer Brouillé has landed safely, and the other Gaza-Cs are queuing up as ordered,”. Capt. Wald nodded his approval and remarked, “If Brouillé can land without taking out half the hangar crew and most of the equipment, we should be in the clear,”. Abbey and the AEUG in general had not responded to his trivial thank-you message, but that didn’t bother him in the least. They were the ones getting shot at. “Have we received any new messages from the fleet?” the captain asked, his mind already starting to wander to the things Axis would be up to in the coming weeks. If Haman sama’s plans were proceeding this quickly and effortlessly, the Titans and the AEUG would be swept aside on their way to restoring the princess to her rightful place. He moved back to stand next to Raquel. “Keep our bow oriented at A Baoa Qu as we leave the area. I want a recording of this.”
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Wedge14

Pan Heyden

Pan flipped up his visor and lit a cigarette glancing back at the Marasai that was trailing him. The sight of the massive asteroid axis would of normally been an awe inspiring sight, but right now it was pissing pan off. The shadow it had cast behind him made it difficult to see.It took only slightly longer then usual but he could finally make out that the guys wingmen were stationary, Heyden for a moment considered swinging back and finishing them off, but the thought was lost when he spotted thruster flares in the distance.

"Sh---" He mumbled taking a puff from his cigarette. He had the whole 4th fleet right below him. He took another quick drag what looked like 3 or 4 suits where headed straight for him. He could spot some other movement in the distance but this mob caught his attention first.

He didn't have to watch anyones back right now. Heyden could fight and kill as long as he could keep himself alive and thats exactly what he planned on doing. Pan pulled his Rick Dias into a steep dive, the machine drifting slightly to the right due to balance problems. He was greeted by a chorus of machine gun fire with a sharp and dramatic melody produced by a beam rifle.

"Hizacks" He muttered rather proud of himself on how he could identify them from this distance. "You punks went out of style in the last war, ya peckerfaced goons!"

While fighting the balance issues from the missing binder, Heyden was still able to get out an accurate set of two shot barrages from each of his equipped beam pistols. He was trying to go for the beam rifle wielding Hizack.

He should of shot sooner because a stray round had struck his Rick Dias' left beam pistol. The gun was ejected and exploded a decent distance away. "F---ING S--T!" Snarled Heyden as a low ammo count suddenly registered in his peripheral vision. Only four shots remaining, those damn gear heads didn't finish reloading his beam pistols or something.

He only had one option, he'd have to stall as much as possible. If he could keep these guys pushed back long enough he'd be able to keep them from escaping from the debris from the collision.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

Eckardy's doze was disturbed by a short alarm buzz. It was a kind that Eddie had heard in the past, but couldn't remember what it was. That quickly worried him, so Eddie flipped his comm to the channel used by the team to talk to Jane, not noticing that a light was flashing to show it was being used, switching over just in time to hear her say the word "Okay".

Totally unaware, and unconcerned, that he might be interrupting something, rank did have its benefits, his mind thought, he keyed his link to the bridge. "Hey baby, what's that alarm for?", Eddie asked with a tired grin.

Jane's face popped up on Eckardy's screen, relief being clear, although Eddie wasn't sure why, nor why she stumbled over her words for a moment, something she never did. "I-uh... it's-it's a security alert. Not sure what for yet... How are you?"

Eckardy forced a grin, which would be clear to both of them, if not anyone else ('Cept maybe Cowboy and a few of the techs). "F***in' great."

Jane nodded, recomposing her face and tone, shifting to the textbook pretty communication tech smile that once again made it obvious why she held the job. "Great. Stay on standby and I'll let you know what the alarm is for as soon as I can," and with that, she cut the channel to continue with her duty.

Eckardy clicked his cheeks, which would only come through as static to anyone still on the channel (Something Eckardy wasn't sure of, and still didn't care about), before switching off the channel again. Glancing outside, he saw Tony Jones pointing a few harried looking mechanics who had just arrived to work. Eddie briefly wondered if they had been the team that had cleaned out Ian's cockpit, so shocked did they look, but instatly was sick of that train of thought and tried to clear his mind and resume dozing.

==================================================================

-Ready Room 2-

Cowboy was sitting alone in the ready room, chain smoking as bad memories flooded through his head. He had been on the Dervish for just about seven months, only Eddie had been a pilot on the ship for longer, and, for all the losses they had suffered in the past six months, or however long ago it was they had been brought into the 4th Advance, it still hadn't been as bad as that nightmarish action in orbit that lead to their joining of this unit.

But it was different now. The older men on the ship then, Marvin largely hadn't known. Eckardy, goofy and odd, had been the only one to really associate with him, and Eddie had been friendly with everyone on the ship then. It had been a very different group than the current lot of pilots, some of whom Marvin had been fighting along side for all of those six-ish months and still knew little about. Back then, the others, men whose names he could hardly remember, although Eckardy doubtlessly did, had barely begun to think of him as an equal when they'd all been killed, and so the overall situation had bothered him more than their individual deaths. And he had gotten over it, somehow. But Ian Greydon, and Roy Grunwald before him, had been different. They had been older. They had seen it all during the war, as had Eddie, and perhaps that was they had been different. They had been friendly, instantly likeable, and the four of them had all felt the same way about the crap that had been going on, be it the overall situation or the stupidity of MacAlpin or whatever it had been. They had truely been friends, at least, from Hamilton's point of view, which had made what happened to them all the more crushing to the twenty-year old. Nevermind the fact that both men had been hurt in such a horrific manner. Roy's screams still haunted Marvin in nightmares now and then, and he had been in the hangar when they'd pulled out Ian, near the door they had taken him through, and where his leg had followed him a few minutes later. The sight of that black bag wouldn't leave.

Staring at the couch, where Eckardy usually slept, it was nearly too much for Marvin, but the young man had no idea what to do. Thoughts raced through his head. Some insanely silly. Some simply insane. Some twisted. But externally, nothing was done or shown. The only signs Marvin Hamilton was alive was his blinking and breathing, plus the movements related to smoking and lighting new cigarettes, such as he did with his third since returning. He was smoking more and more, and didn't really care. Everyone was well aware of the health problems, even Eckardy, who smoked largely out of boredom, had joked about them, and how Marvin had overtaken him. But, he didn't care. And he didn't know what else he could do that made dealing with time easier.

And so Cowboy sat there, once again alone with his thoughts, and not exactly sure of anything anymore.

==================================================================

-Sick Bay-

Am I dead?

Well obviously not, buddy. You can't be thinking to yourself if your dead!

...Can you?

He felt nothing at all. He could barely feel his eyelids as he opened them, which seemed to take every ounce of strength he had in his injuried body. It seemed to take days, but the bright, painful light told Ian Greydon that he was alive, at least, for the moment.

He tried to move but had no feeling. He moved his eyes slowly, looking down but only seeing the upper part of his bare chest and shoulders and arms. A strap was across his chest, to keep him down, and he assumed there had to be others. It dawned on him that he was in sick bay. He had to be. Right?

Bandages. There was one on his left cheek, which blocked some of his sight. How had he not noticed that? He finally felt another part of his body, the fingers on his right hand. Again, it seemed to take every bit of strength just to move then only a few milimeters, unware that he was grunting just to get that. It had to be the drugs they had knocked him out with, although, from what he could see, the wounds didn't seem all that bad. He was starting to get a bit of feeling back in his left arm, and right leg, and a few other places, but couldn't feel anything in his left foot, which was unusually odd.

A white figure appeared above him. His eyes shot to the face, a women, which was the only part of her that wasn't covered. She said something softly, too quietly for Ian Greydon to make it out or open his mouth for words before a plastic mask came down over his face. Ian took in a lungful of something that smelled vaugely like... like...

Before he could figure it out, Ian was back asleep. The nurse gave him another shot of pain meds, plus some sleeping drugs to keep him out for a few hours, at least. Had he been awake any longer, the pain surely would have started...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Ziryab

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"Aye aye captain!" Came the immediate and overly eager reply from Raquel whose grin was much indeed very wide upon hearing Pizal's order to keep the collision in clear view of the bridge.

But just waiting for Axis to collide with the now dubbed "Gate of Zedan" was tense waiting in spite of the few minutes still left. Yet it'd be something surely magnificent to watch, she told herself with eyes practically glued towards the front of the bridge and across the ship's bow.

"I wonder if we'll be credited for a video that will become part of the historical records for the next few eons," she pondered out loud knowing that the approaching event was being recorded by their equipment and currently likely broadcast throughout the ship. "Bet the others will be jealous they weren't here to witness this!"
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
The Loser Villain

- Buxoro, Hanger -

“The Buxoro, amid probably the largest single space conflict since the Delaz Crisis and I got here by pitching my suit against the crash netting after it malfunctioned.”
“The Date?”
“January… 18th? 0088UC. Hey.. am I bleeding?”

'Wow', thought Aaron as Tyler said the date out loud, 'Is it really January already?'

“So how is he?”

Elijah's question snapped him out of his train of thought and he turned to face the Lt.

"Uh, well the medics are checking him out, and true to fashion Ensign August's sardonic ways are holding up."

"August, just let the medics do their job will ya?" Tim yelled at Tyler.

Aaron continued to talk, ignoring Tim's outburst. "If he's lucky its nothing but a bump on the head. Personally I think we should make sure he's okay, no need for him to die in his sleep if we can catch any minor trauma."

He was rather worried that the crash landing may have caused some unseen damage that might cause a swelling in the Ensign's brain.

"Other then August's fancy landing and our shot up Hi-Zacks, I think we came out of this battle pretty good. Well, at least for now. It isn't over just yet after all." He cleared his throat as he realized he was babbling on and decided to just stop.

After a moment he realized the Lt. had visited the bridge and he might have heard some new information.

"So, ah hear anything new about the operation while you were reporting to Winters?"

---------------------------

- Balrampur Team -

"YEEEEESSSS!!!!" Terrance yelled with a fist pump as the Marasai of Lt. Kendra exploded. "Wooo, score one for the Balrampur team!"

He observed Randy take out the remaining Marasai and smiled as he thanked the team for help.

“This is CO of the Hamburg Team... We thank you for your assistance, over… We’re going to get out of this area, it’s getting too crowded in here. I suggest your team do the same… while we still have the chance.”

However his victory celebration would be short lived as he began to pick up on the radio traffic from Johnathon.

"Lt. Folk... Respond please. Lt. Folk. Please respond, this is LtJg. Johnathon Miller, we're retreating... Lt. Folk! We're going back to the Balrampur, so please respond! Lieutenant..."

Terrance could tell from the sound of Johnathon's voice that Lt. Folk, might well be dead.

He then formed up with Johnathon's Nemo and also made his way for the ship.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

Under normal circumstances, Jacob would have waited for Celeste, or even followed his senior officer back to the Dervish. Fortunately, these were not normal circumstances and he didn't even notice what she was carrying. If he had, there was no telling what would have happened. He might have turned around right there to go after the Titans or he might have stopped entirely, just drifting there until Axis smashed him along with the Titans' base.

As it was, he came into the hangar hot, almost too hot. He hit his reverse verniers at the very last moment, the sudden stop in momentum throwing him forward against his restraints. Even then, he came skidding into the hangar too fast, the metal groaning in protest at the strain as the magnets in his suit's feet tried to lock them in place. In the end, he had to reach out a hand to brace against a wall to keep from slamming into it, narrowly avoiding crushing a hapless technician who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When his suit was finally at a halt, he popped the hatch, stepping out. "I need a refuel, now!" he called to the nearest crewmembers.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
wonton bob

- Kirov -
- Ltjg.Kyle Roberts -

As Kyle is looking at Kamek's empty spot he hears Kelborn's retort “Now I guess we wait and see what comes of this.”

Kyle eyes Kelborn with disdain as she passes, not remembering her name nor caring for her answer. His attention only focused around whatever squad he was assigned and remembering pilots from other squads was not on his priority list. But she does get him thinking some more about his choices.

well, nothing good comes out of war. Especially for the losing side...If I stay then we'll have to change our tactics. Kamek rushed off on his own, damn fool.

Kyle prepares to go over battle logs, usually a job for the C.O. but it's a been a habit of his since he was stationed on the Herakles. But decides to head up to the bridge instead and see if Picard was truly gone.

- Kirov -
- Ltjg. Jason Drossel -

Jason slides out of bed ignoring the annoying pain at his sides, determined to leave the sickbay and find out what's going on. He holds his side with one arm while trying to grab his uniform with another. Dressing took forever and he could of swore he felt the light material of his shirt hit the bandages like a sledge hammer, that wrapped around him. With slow steady movements so as not to raise his breathing, he ventured out into the hallway and carefully reached out for a gripper. He could only take so much and stopped close to the lounge. was hungry anyway..
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Lans

- Hamburg Team -

- Randy

"Yeah just some bruises. Nothing to serious. We should get moving before something else finds us," Adam voice filled the helmet while his suit moved away from the corner oh the screen. Randy followed closely behind after making sure they were relatively safe.

They both began to accelerate toward the Hamburg's position. Radio chatter began to flood the allied channel, the time limit was about to end. Albeit the static over distance and interference Randy could still heard Jonathon’s radio attempt to find Lt. Folk. He sighed as he remembered the Nemo signal he saw before getting killed by the Marasai. 'Could it be him... Folk? Lieutenant Folk. Lots of people died today; I hope this worth the sacrifices,’ he thought while eying on the top screen window. The window showed two giant asteroids about to collide.

The Hamburg appeared on normal visual range. All telemetries within normal, Randy prepared the channel and asked permission to land for Adam's suit. He made sure that they deployed the net, just in case the landing gets rough. He switched the comm., one section of the screen flickered and shown familiar face. "Adam, you're clear to land. Do you have some plan in mind? If not let me assist your suit in landing. Without pair of legs it could get messy you know."

In the last minute before landing he saw another Nemo beside the Hamburg. ‘Al’s unit? Didn't he supposed to be resting?'
hellbore

- Hamburg Team -

- Adam -

Adam, you're clear to land. Do you have some plan in mind? If not let me assist your suit in landing. Without pair of legs it could get messy you know."

"She'll be right, lieutenant. Just give me some room. I don't want to drag you down if this gets ugly."

Slowing down the unbalanced mobile suit as quickly as possible as the Hamburg loomed in his monitor. A small section split off, zooming in to the open hanger door and the set-up crash nets. Using only the verniers Adam carefully manoeuvred to the door and to the nets. Suddenly, the Nemo's head smashed into the deck snapping of the antenna and shattering the faceplate. Adam had overcompensated slightly was thrown forward into the console as the Nemo came to a jerking halt. Lifting his head he blinked rapidly to clear his vision.

The Nemo had come to rest hanging slightly into the hanger door, the left arm and head hanging into the open space.

"Oops."
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls