Transformers 2 Trailer

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
hellbore

Re: Transformers 2 Trailer

That's because Jolt was a last minute addition to the film.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Thundermuffin

The toys apparently have separate names and their bios indicate they are separate characters, but for the movie at least, I'd imagine Arcee is one mind split amongst three bodies.

It's not without precedent in Transformers. G1 Reflector was the same deal. (Right down to the toys indicating three separate characters while the cartoon made them a hive-mind.)
Red Comet90

Thats what I was thinking since Arcee was always shown as the 3 bikes together rather than as 3 independent transformers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they do that for Transformers: Robots in Disguise for the 3 bullet trains? They were all pretty much the same character in the show and they even combined to make a larger mecha.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
SNT1

Reports say in its first 5 days this movie already grossed $201M (domestic). That's just behind The Dark Knight's $203.7M. I am guessing that has something to do with the fact that every damn movie I have seen this year had a Transformers 2 trailer (hell, even Transformers 2 had a Transformers 2 commercial here!)

This is one move I truly enjoyed, however, even if the critics trashed it. Explosions, Megan Fox, giant robots, giant robots combining, military, more military weapons, cars, cars, railguns, giant robots with swords, explosions, i mean I could go on, damn! :lol:
Spoiler
Oh and yes that battle in the woods is supreme.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Reven

Good movie. Not the best Movie ever made, but a good enjoyable way to waste an evening.

Now, I recently learned another tidbit. The Japanese, like many others, like to hear a movie in their own language...

Optimus Prime=Genda Tesshō:Convoy in G1 and Primus in Superlink and Galaxyforce. Also known as Japanese voice for Arnold Schwarzenegger in his movies.

Ironhide=Kitagawa Katsuhiro:In 2007 movie, he played Barricade, too. Also known as Ecliptor in Power Rangers In Space Japanese dub.

Skids=Seki Tomokazu:Also known as Tanaka in Genshiken, Domon Kasshu in G Gundam, Yzak Joule in Gundam SEED, Rob Lucci in OnePiece and Sagara Sosuke in Full Metal Panic.

Mudflap=Konishi Katsuyuki:Grand Convoy and Overdrive in Superlink. Also known for his role as Kamina in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Arcee+Chromia+another bike=Katsuki Masako:Arcee and Chromia in G1. Also known as Tsunade in Naruto.

Ratchet=Urayama Jin

Wheelie and The Doctor=Tatsuta Naoki :Wipe in The Headmasters. Also known as Oolong in Dragonball and Gennarisai in Cat Ninden Teyande(Samurai Pizza Cats).

Jetfire=Egawa Hisao:Jackshot/Ligerjack in Galaxyforce. Also known as Kuroiwa Geki in Dagwon and Hyūma Geki+Goldymarg in Gaogaigar.

Megatron=Nakamura Koutarou

Starscream=Miyazawa Tadashi:Autostinger and Coelagon in Beast Wars 2. Also known as Mutou Sugroku in Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Soundwave=Gōri Daisuke: Dauros in Masterforce and Goryu/Dinoking in Victory. Also known as Dozle Zabi in Gundam, Bask Om in Z Gundam and Umigame+ many roles in Dragonball.

The Fallen=Ginga Banjō:Scorponok/Megazarak in The Headmasters and Blackzarak in Masterforce. Also known as Gihren Zabi in Gundam.

Sam=Komatsu Fuminori

Mikaela=Toujou Kanako

Simmons=Cho:Tarans in Beast Wars series and Noble in Beast Wars Returns.

:D :shock:
Last edited by Reven on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris wrote: Hey, the Guntank a piece of crap. Long Live the Hildolfr!
ZeroBusterXX

Tessho Genda, Tomokazu Seki and Banjo Ginga, the Japanese cast sounds as cooler than the American one!
Furious Rodimus

That is an awesome cast list! I'd definitely watch it in Japanese with subs, haha. Depending on how it holds up some of those characters might actually be better/less annoying than the american actors.

Man it is making some serious cash. Although reports are saying the current writers might not come back for a third one. Which, depending on your point of view, could be a good thing, or a bad thing. I don't know who'd replace them though? Chris Nolan?
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I'm tempted to get the Japanese one, just to hear how it sounds...hmmm, the blu-ray version of the film will most likely have a Japanese language option, right?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ZeroBusterXX

With the storage space of a Blu-Ray, I'd hope so!
Sleepneeded127

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I'm tempted to get the Japanese one, just to hear how it sounds...hmmm, the blu-ray version of the film will most likely have a Japanese language option, right?
i dont think so the Blu-ray for the 1st one in only had English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese(Subtitles only) for the Region 1 release.

but the Japaneses release might have and English option on it i dont know about that one
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
Shea

SNT1 wrote:Reports say in its first 5 days this movie already grossed $201M (domestic). That's just behind The Dark Knight's $203.7M. I am guessing that has something to do with the fact that every damn movie I have seen this year had a Transformers 2 trailer (hell, even Transformers 2 had a Transformers 2 commercial here!)

This is one move I truly enjoyed, however, even if the critics trashed it. Explosions, Megan Fox, giant robots, giant robots combining, military, more military weapons, cars, cars, railguns, giant robots with swords, explosions, i mean I could go on, damn! :lol:
Spoiler
Oh and yes that battle in the woods is supreme.
100% yes! I have no idea why people are trashing this movie. I mean honestly, people actually go to an action flick about giant transforming robots expecting Oscar material storylines and drama?
I went there to see giant robots shooting the $#!% out of other giant robots, Megan Fox's hot ass (Damn....), and of course Optimus!
And did this movie deliver? The answer is a resounding F^{& YEAH!
My sister is saying it's the best movie she's ever seen, and I'm planning for this movie's Blu-ray release to be my first Blu-ray movie ever!
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
manmiles

I liked Transformers, even though it was directed by Michael Bay and not written by Simon Furman. Yeah, it had it's faults, but when has Transformers ever not had any flaws? When I heard there was gonna be a sequel, I thought 'Well, hopefully it'll be like the X-Men movies where X1 was pretty decent and served more as an introduction to the characters and concepts and X2 will be frakking brilliant.

Well... damn... shows me.

The first hour of the film actually set up some very interesting premise (the human/Autobot force dedicated to hunting down rogue Decepticons, the US Government's unease with Optimus inviting the Autobots to Earth at the end of the last movie, the revelation about Transformers having been on Earth in ancient times Chariots of the Gods style and the government's increasingly futile attempts to keep the Transformers Robots in Disguise) and some really good action sequences which all starred Optimus Prime. Well, to be perfectly honest, any scene where the camera bothered to stay on Optimus Prime and watch Optimus do what Optimus does best which is i.e- Kick Arse and deliver wonderfully noble monologues in the best Marvel Comic tradition (albiet more in the vein of the cartoon's more 'I'm Optimus Prime and I rock' persona than the conflicted, withdrawn Optimus of the comics) is where the movie really shines.

Then the movie goes off the deep-end of quality and the film becomes a runaround for the magical plot device again with Shia LeBouf, Megan Fox, Bumblebee and a bunch of annoying comic relief characters while the Autobots... do off screen stuff. For all the good parts of the film, it's completely overwhelmed by characters who we never really spend enough time with to care about or even if they have a personality and the humour which felt out of place in the first film (aka, the five minute scene where Sam's parents think that Sam was masturbating, ho ho ho) is actually enhanced in the second film to the point where it feels

A- Out of place

B- Just plain wrong, does Michael Bay want to direct Superbad 2? Because with the numerous sex references, humping dogs, leg humping robots... yes, a leg humping robot, horny flirty frat girls and the sequence where Sam's mother gets stoned off Brownies she bought on Campus, on the day where all the students are moving in, in a little bag with a hemp leaf on the bag (I'm sorry, but that scene was just really, really, REALLY stupid) and then proceeds to tell complete passers by that Sam just lost his virginity...

But, like I said, the parts where Optimus Prime is doing stuff is all damn fantastic and the hints of a much more expansive scope which all good sequels should do got pretty much submerged by everything that was wrong about the first film but worse.
Antares

Although rich in spoilers, I thought this was quite funny and oftentimes quite spot-on. ;) I didn't think the movie was as bad as the writer of the text suggests, but I do know TROF can't stand up to serious scrutiny regarding plot or consistency. Just go with it, I say, and have a few laughs afterwards by reading snarky critical comments. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Aegis

Just like that reviewer's friends, those comments actually makes me want to watch the movie more. ^^
ZeroBusterXX

It's a movie made to entertain and make money, two things it did well. So what if it's not 2001 or Citizen Kane or anything, it was never supposed to be up there. The first one was only marginally better, it wasn't a work of art either, but as someone who was a kid who grew up watching Transformers, I enjoyed seeing Autobots wage their war to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons on the big screen. People are just over evaluating the damn film waaaaay too much.
DeltasTaii

Nah. As someone who entirely enjoyed the first one, ROTF was basically just bad after around the first hour, aside from Jetfire. Characterization was completely off, the plot made zero sense whatsoever, and pretty much every single thing that the first movie made me hope for was thrown in my face.
Spoiler
-Hey, we'll totally get more time with the Autobots this time right? Well, not the cool Autobots, just the annoying idiot tag alongs that make Minicons and even the original Wheelie seem like godsends in comparison and the one that's inexplicably even more mute than before. Wonderful, thanks. They even promised to show us more of Ironhide and Sideswipe with the opening scene then dropped them off the face of the Earth.
-Surely the Decepticons will be given more character? Lolno, instead of them being distinct individuals who were just lacking dialogue, they're now nearly all generic recycled clones. Gee golly gosh, unique and individual characters wasn't part of the appeal of every other version of Transformers or anything. Name a single Decepticon in the final battle other than Megs, Screamer, Devastator, Ravage and The Fallen. That's right, you can't. Scorpinock was there for about 10s, but there's a good chance you never noticed, god knows I didn't realize it at the time.
-Hey, we'll find out what happened to Barricade! No, **** you.
Then there's the portrayal of the Autobots
Spoiler
1984 Optimus Prime: "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." "I thought you were made of sterner stuff."
2007 Optimus Prime: "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." "If I can't defeat Megatron, I'll sacrifice myself to destroy the Allspark."
2009 Optimus Prime: "I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!!" "I WANT YOUR FACE!!"
What the hell, did Optimus start taking robo-steroids? They were almost as horribly over the top Beef McManly as the dudes in Killzone 2.

I mean, it was good enough to not make me regret going to see it, but I didn't think it would be that hard to make the sequel more enjoyable for Transformers fans, but instead they made it much worse. I'm honestly just going to pretend that wasn't even Optimus, because even in Beast Machines or Energon's loldub he never went that far out.
assault gundam

Antares wrote:Although rich in spoilers, I thought this was quite funny and oftentimes quite spot-on. ;) I didn't think the movie was as bad as the writer of the text suggests, but I do know TROF can't stand up to serious scrutiny regarding plot or consistency. Just go with it, I say, and have a few laughs afterwards by reading snarky critical comments. ;)
thats some funny stuff. I lmao the entire time i was reading it
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
Red Comet90

Antares wrote:Although rich in spoilers, I thought this was quite funny and oftentimes quite spot-on. ;) I didn't think the movie was as bad as the writer of the text suggests, but I do know TROF can't stand up to serious scrutiny regarding plot or consistency. Just go with it, I say, and have a few laughs afterwards by reading snarky critical comments. ;)
This is too funny and its so true unfortunately. I wish the movie hadn't been this laughable but it truly is. I was confused about the whole 5 Decepticons then 6 pop up! Weird.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Antares

ZeroBusterXXsaid:
It's a movie made to entertain and make money, two things it did well. So what if it's not 2001 or Citizen Kane or anything, it was never supposed to be up there. The first one was only marginally better, it wasn't a work of art either, but as someone who was a kid who grew up watching Transformers, I enjoyed seeing Autobots wage their war to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons on the big screen. People are just over evaluating the damn film waaaaay too much.
See, I don't buy that defense. It's entertaining, sure, and that was its purpose, but a film can be entertaining when it has A) no major plot-holes and B ) no problems with consistency. And this is just basic script-writing we're talking about here, leaving aside characterization and other "bonus-features". With little extra work the movie would not have appeared to be as half-assed as it did when it came to writing. Seeing that they had the resources to do that, I feel a bit dismayed that they chose not to.

This all is not, of course, a reason not to go see it. Everything is subjective. But personally I expect money = quality in some respects. Even if it's not supposed to be Shakespeare, I do expect them to write a story that doesn't cause me to do an eye-roll every ten minutes, or predict the movie five minutes in advance on the basis of "if I wanted to cut corners, next I would...".
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
DeltasTaii

Antares wrote:Seeing that they had the resources to do that, I feel a bit dismayed that they chose not to.
There's actually an argument here that they didn't have one of the major resources necessary-time.
http://www.comicmix.com/news/2009/06/29 ... rs-strike/

That said, there's some dialogue in the movie that screams Michael Bay made it up.