TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cybaster

Re: TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

-Light Warriors-

"roflmao" didn't do what Emily was doing as she heard Strike babble on and on in surprise, snickering endlessly clutching her sides, any justice at all. Even Kirie was smiling widely as he watched Strike's utter disbelief at this --- and was eyeing Emily with a leftwards glance in anticipation of his missing credits.

"Negative, Strike Zero," Maya acknowledged calmly, turning to him but simply staring impassively, posture still straightened --- and seemingly having acknowledged none of his babbling about her being Black Mage, being hot, or stabbing him at all. In fact, she didn't even seem to pay her own wounds any heed; To those who knew her other alter ego, they'd know this was as far from what they know of Black Mage as remotely possible. If it was Black Mage, after all, Strike would've been stabbed already had his knife not been cut apart by Emily's Lightsaber anyway. "Term 'hot chick' does not compute with Unit, and Unit's directives prohibit Unit from assaulting an ally for any reason. And Unit's designation is confirmed as SX-004, SPARTAN 1st Class identified as Maya Nightwizard---"

"A personality overlay, Strike Zero." Morpheus interrupted at that, pacing around Maya as the girl fell silent and stood straight. "I had my suspicions earlier when Black Mage disappeared briefly during the Fandom Black Knights' attack on Aidoneus and Maya first appeared --- but it was only now that I could confirm them. Black Mage, and Maya Nightwizard...one of these personalities is the overlay, designed to hide the other personality from something --- or someone. The good bet is that given how one-dimensional Black Mage has been, he is the overlay to hide her: an errant SPARTAN, apparently formerly one of SNRI's."

"Unit does not acknowledge the existence of subject 'Black Mage' within Unit's memory---"

"That's enough, Maya." Morpheus interrupted again, and Maya went silent once more --- as Jacob and Sara entered as well, Kirie's smile vanished and Emily promptly sat herself up, still stifling giggles forcefully. "Now, you were saying something about the Dark Star Reapers, Strike. I fought one of them earlier, and Kirie, then Emily and Maya fought another---"

"A third tried to go after Elya, Morpheus."

As the Light Warriors subsequently turned around to Morpheus' right, Masamune and Elya --- holding hands, Kirie noted with a giggle --- made their way into the barracks area as well, stopping beside Morpheus as Masamune sighed derisively at the discussion. The giggle didn't last as Kirie then noticed the amount of injuries Masamune and Elya alike have sustained, and his giddy look turned into a frown and a look of concern. "You look even worse than Maya, Masamune," Kirie began and started forward, but Masamune raised his palm and stopped him promptly. "Are you---"

"I'm fine, imbecile," Masamune bit back, turning to Morpheus again. "A third went after her. Some armored imbecile with lots of swords --- I beat him back, relax, but---" Blink. Masamune x_o'd as he suddenly turned towards Maya and pointed with his other hand. "You again, Nightwizard?"

"She's, uh..." Kirie hesitated, sighed, and finally let it out. "...She's who Black Mage really is, apparently."

That one caused Masamune to sweatdrop, too.

"Anyway," Morpheus piped up loudly, cutting Masamune short before he had a chance to babble incoherently like Strike did --- and good thing, too, Emily giggled on the ground. "So unless anyone fought any others, that's a count of three altogether so far, if that's how many you saw, Strike. The good news is that apparently whatever they were doing here, we had foiled their plans; Gabriel, the one I fought, was a juggernaut who was designed and fought for nothing but blood --- Stellar would know, and I suspect the other Reapers weren't any better. They obviously weren't sent here on any sophisticated objective and don't seem capable of it---" Morpheus turned to Emily, who lowered her head knowing what Morpheus would say next. "---Kidnapping June was SNRI's doing, not theirs.

"Those Reapers were very powerful, however --- inhuman, nearly unstoppable to the unprepared. But they're not invulnerable, and most likely they were here to assassinate Commander Zoldark from within during the confusion of the Federation attack, but were turned back. The attack they made against you, Strike, was probably in desperation to escape..."

Then Morpheus paused, and glanced evenly at Strike as he felt the young man's unease.

"...They took someone during their escape, didn't they, Strike? Who was it?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Once again he was totally ignored and it seemed that his purpose on the Gundam team had been forgotten by all but him. Dealing with weirdos like these "reefers" or whatever was his job, in addition this incident told Gai how much had to change around here.

"Morpheus." Gai was speaking not as a solder to his superior but as one man to another. "Letting these things into our base was a grave error and one that must -not- be repeated." He wasn't angry but there was a certain bitterness in his tone. 'We divided ourselves between fighting them and the Federation and the results are staring us in the face. Do you happen to know how much we lost just out there? Things have to change, else..."

The rest was obvious. Gai turned and sheathed the large weapon across his back. This conversation was no longer meant for him; that much was all too clear. He began to leave. He needed to speak with someone who'd recently arrived on Aidoneus anyway; It wasn't likely to be a pretty meeting but it had to happen eventually.

-Fandom Cafeteria-

"Oy mister lecture!" From a table or two other an older lieutenant spoke up his uniform bore the markings of an Honour Guard Mechanic and he had a large scar across his nose.

"You really think That General Aelfhere's rantings are going to cause such drastic actions? Lord Victious is smart enough not to make too sudden or overt a move. Besides I haveta wonder if those Knight Guys would be so opposed to acting like the rest of us 'lowly mortals' why should we trust them with any kind of autonomy? and why did they join the Fandom military at all?"
Last edited by Sume Gai on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
hellbore

- Jacob -

Entering into what was obviously the middle of a conversation, Jacob listened to Morpheus' telling of the events involving the Reaper's incursion. Unfortunately, he missed the antics involving Strike and Maya. When Gai spoke up, Jacob had to agree.

"I agree with Gai. With all respect, Morpheus, this can't be allowed to happen again. So many soldiers died needlessly today, ones that should have been otherwise protected. In my opinion, this is unacceptable."
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Oy," Strike interrupted, taking a step towards Jacob. "Are you saying that you could have handled things better if you'd been in Morpheus' position? There was no way we could have prepared for this -- nothing like the Reapers have ever been thrown at us before. Morpheus and the others went at them with everything they had and were still just barely able to hold them off, and let's not forget that Stellar would have lost her life if those Strike Witches hadn't been there to help her (still trying to figure that one out, by the way...). Of course we'll have to do better next time... but right now these guys deserve nothing less than a commendation. That's the way I see it at any rate."

"As for the other thing..." Strike said, turning back to the Light Warrior's CO. "You sure don't miss anything, do you Morpheus?" he sighed gravely. "It was Rena Lanford. She was there helping Stellar beforehand... but after the Reapers attacked us and fled, she was nowhere to be found. If I had to guess..." his hand balled into a fist. "I'd say that that freakshow Gabriel was the one who did it."

At this, Elya's expression darkened. "You saw him then...?" she said. "Wh.... what was he like?"

Strike shook his head derisively. "I don't know where to begin. He seemed to get an absolute thrill out of his fight with Morpheus, always smiling. Then there's his abilities -- he has the ability to pull knives out of thin air, uses some sort of weird magic and, apparently, is immortal."

Elya's eyes boggled. "Immortal?!"

"Well, yeah." Strike said. "He never stopped moving, even after I shot him. In the head."

The little girl was too stunned for words.

"What about the other two?" Strike continued. "Hanzo... and Diablous, they were called? What can you tell us about them?"

"Oh..." Elya said, shaking herself out of her stupor. "Masamune can tell you about Hanzo. He saved me from him, after all," she added with a smile.

Strike too smiled and cocked an eyebrow. "Really, now?" he said, glancing at Masamune. "Do tell."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

-Light Warriors-

"This Hanzo was an armored warrior --- to a ridiculous point where it's pretty much virtually his entire body. Even has a crown on his helmet just like mine," Masamune clenched his other fist in derisiveness as he began about Hanzo. "And carries five swords on him at any given time --- seems to dual-wield and tosses the other three as needed. His blows are fast, as is he; Bullets do nothing to him, either, except rattle him a very small bit. In fact, faster than normal Humans, imbecile...and very powerful. Especially his Tenreppu Zenshou techniques. At one point, he could generate fire from his blades in his attacks, even."

Emily waved at that, flagging everyone down. "And the other one...was a monster. No, really. Blue and grey armor, sharp claws, only one eye. And some kind of cannon on its chest, though with my lousy Spot Check I didn't pay much attention to it until June got taken away. It was leaping around like some kind of CR18 Beast, ripping things apart, and just keeping going even after I stabbed it once and Maya was snapping its limbs and trying to break its neck in Grappling...of which I don't understand, really..."

"I see. Gai --- What's on your mind?" Morpheus asked at that as Gai turned to leave, frowning and staring at Gai and Jacob evenly. "You're right, but be it the Reapers or fighting two fronts, neither of those problems have a simple, quick fix to them --- suddenly calling for change isn't going to certainly bring it about. Counteroffensives take time to plan, and if not done carefully, we only leave ourselves open again; Relocating from Aidoneus even longer, and would not be my call either way. Suddenly calling a truce with the Federation would not guarantee that the Federation won't attack us later, either, and vice versa with the Fandom; And I certainly hope you're not suggesting surrendering to the former, Gai, because the entire reason the DC was formed in the first place was because the Federation couldn't be trusted to fight its own battle to begin with --- the anti-Newtype order was only the tip of the iceberg. If we leave the Federation to their own devices, they'll either capitulate to the Fandom which negates all we've done so far, or destroy the Earth Sphere winning their war.

"And as Strike, Masamune and Emily described, these Reapers were not just elite officers --- they're inhuman, Gai. Nothing could possibly prepare anybody for them, but now that we know, we can at least try."
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Turning his head so that his left eye gazed piercingly at Morpheus and the rest of the group Gai answered.

"You fought these reapers how? Oh that's right, Hand to hand. That right there is our problem; that is where we screwed up today. These reapers came out of nowhere and then Walked right into our home base. That's ridiculous. It never should have been so easy. And Morpheus I don't want to hear: it couldn't be helped. I didn't see you out there for even a second and you weren't the only one either. We were once called the Gundam Team and now... well... We may have Gundams but I don't think we have any right to be called a team. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find a -solution-"

Turning, Gai finally left; his words hanging bitterly in the empty space he'd left behind.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

-Kalen-

"Simply put: picture yourself as this." Kalen turned back sharply, not dodging the question at all. "You're an ace pilot. You have more than forty kills under your belt, and skills only rivalled by the Red Eagle himself when he was still alive. Your family is rich, you have a great salary, everyone respects you as an elite. You enjoy rank, priviledge, and the favor of the Sterling family. And all of a sudden, Raven seizes power again, and wants to put you into a unit with the rest of the grunts without all the priviledge and favor you enjoyed earlier, and suddenly you're no longer a member of the elite; You're suddenly the same as the people that are less talented than you.

"Even if there's nothing you can do openly, do you think you'll take this sitting down?"

Kalen paused to let it sink in.

"No, you will not --- And if you say otherwise, you're lying. This is exactly what I'm getting at. These Dark Star Knights have been brutally efficient up until now; Some of them I doubt are even normal (or human, for that matter), and all of a sudden, Aelfhere wants to force them into a normal role along with the rest of us and put a leash on them. They're not going to take this sitting down, as you won't in the same situation. And since you can't do anything openly, you'll do anything you can to show your dissent for what they threw you into, as they will. Even subtly, like you said. Which in turn forces them to act once they realize you're dissatisfied but can't take it back...and then it gets ugly from there."

At that, Kalen turned back towards his plate with an empty glare.

"And sure, Victious will not make his move so sudden and overt. But the point isn't how subtle Sterling moves against the Dark Star Knights or how it's done; The point is that if Sterling and Aelfhere move against them, period, the Prince will know, and see it for the attempt to put him to the guillotines that it is. He always knows somehow --- we've all learned by now not to ask how he does it, and as I said, he's not going to take this sitting down, regardless of how subtle the Prince in turn moves against him. One single slip-up like this is all we need to lose the advantage we have against the DC and Federation we've gained recently..."
Sume Gai

-Fandom Cafeteria-

Te man leaned back in his chair unconcerned.

"So then explain to me how these guys are supposed to be as good as the Red Eagle if 3 of them fail to do anything? People in positions of privilege need to do something to show they are worthy of that privilege. The Dark Star Knights haven't done that lately have they? Raven Sterling herself failed time and again to prove her worth and now Lord Victious is in charge, why should these Knights be exempt from the same treatment?"

the man reached forward and picked up a toothpick. He proceeded to clean his teeth as he waited for Kallen's reply.

Cybaster

(Why do you keep calling him Kallen? <_<)

-Kalen-

Kalen shrugged. "I haven't been there myself, so I couldn't answer that. But it's probably for the same reason why many others *aside* from them also failed: They were great, but the DC had more guys who might not be any better than these Reapers, but were also able to swarm them eventually --- they also had the Federation to contend with, too, not just the DC. Aside from that, from the rumor mill, they were doing fine; It wasn't a victory, but the Reapers still inflicted some serious damage on their own. They were three against an entire base of soldiers and the DC's own elites --- many of them were defectors from the Fandom, even, so they know our tactics." As Kalen thought of Morpheus --- and then June and Martin, and Kalen couldn't help but wonder how they were faring or if they actually were fighting with the DC --- he shook his head derisively. "Some of those defectors were even Dark Star Knights --- especially Black Mage, that traitorous s*** --- so the DC might've been prepared for them a bit, too.

"And to your other question: Because even though Victious is in charge now, Raven was still a valuable asset to the Fandom, loathe I am to say it...and despite Victious' taking over, Raven still has the favor of General Aelfhere --- Good luck taking that away from her." Kalen chuckled at that. "These Dark Star Knights might've suffered setbacks, but so have we. That doesn't make them expendable or any less powerful or valuable an asset to the Fandom as a whole --- don't buy it? Look at the Red Eagle and Zero; They've had their setbacks, in the former's case repeatedly so against the DC long before the Reapers even showed up. You didn't see him getting demoted for it..."
Sume Gai

(cause i keep thinking of Kallen from Geass :lol: )
-Fandom Cafateria-

Finishing his teeth the Mechanic flicked the toothpick into a nearby trash can.

"The red Eagle kept his position because he was a good leader regardless of the losses he suffered Raven keeps hers because she's revered by many of our solders and has become a symbol of the war effort. Your bosom Knight buddies have neither of these traits. They run off alone and act in secret and end up costing money better spent elsewhere because of it. Maybe at one point we benefited from their peculiar presence but that's no longer the case. Besides you think we don't already have freaks running around the regular forces?"

His expression turned sour as he jabbed at the Scar running across his nose.

"this wound wasn't caused by an enemy but rather some knife crazy kid who's supposed to be on our side"

The man stood and picked up his tray

"I'm afraid I have a shuttle to catch so I'll have to cut this discussion off here."

he turned and left.

-Phobos-

The Honour Guard Ship was waiting patiently to take Garmin Aelfhere onto space however there was something interesting waiting for the General by the boarding ramp. A sharply dressed Major with a very special package.

hellbore

- Jacob -

The red-headed man glanced sharply at Strike. He didn't think he was any older than the man, but his experiences had left them very different people. As Gai walked away, his tone still lingering in the air, Jacob spoke up again.

"I wasn't making any accusations, Strike Zero. I was merely stating a fact. Sume Gai is perhaps wrong to lay blame, but what he says is still true. We need to act more cohesively, as a team. Because we keep things from each other, those things draw us apart and incidents like today happen."

((OOC: This would be a great time to call out Jacob on his Fandom origins IMHO))
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Strike Zero

- Strike -

Strike glowered at Jacob and Gai as he exited. They both had good points... allowing the Reapers to make landfall on the island was something that should not have happened, no matter how much confusion the battle with the Federation had generated. However, what Strike didn't like was how Gai seemed to be attempting to not-so-subtly shift the blame over to Morpheus and the rest.

"Duly noted," Strike offered in reply. "But let me say that nobody was keeping anything from anybody. We only knew from Elya that the Reapers existed -- nothing about who they were and what they were capable of, much less when they would attack and how. Armed only with that, I really don't see how we could have prepared ourselves any more for their arrival. The Dark Star Knights are totally unpredictable and a complete mystery, thanks to their beloved leader, and that's what makes them so dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if they have even more surprises for us waiting in the wings, and the only thing we can do about it is buckle down and deal with them as they come."

Strike sighed and shook his head. "Look, this isn't getting us anywhere. What's happened, has happened. No matter the case, its obvious that the Reapers were sent after us for one reason, and that's their capabilities on the ground. Mobile suit combat is one thing... hand-to-hand combat is another. They probably sought to destroy us outside of our Gundams where we aren't as strong. And the worse thing is... I think they would have succeeded if they had been taking their battles more seriously."

The young man paused to allow this to sink in.

"You saw Gabriel first-hand, right Morpheus? Even I could tell that he hadn't even been close to showing us his full strength. Most likely the others were the same way. Their primary concern was getting as much enjoyment out of their fights as possible. If they were serious... if they'd not underestimated you guys and focused solely on completing their mission of eliminating us rather than engaging in one-on-one duels... I think things would have turned out a lot differently. They certainly had no trouble in stealing Rena right from under our noses at any rate."

His hand balled into a fist. "If we're going to get her back... we'll have to be ready. It'll mean fighting them hand-to-hand again. I hate to say it... but we'll be depending on you guys and Gai as well. I'm certainly not up to taking them on in a stand-up fight. Of course, let me at them in my Gundam and things will be a different story..."
Kylern

-Kylern-

While the others talked about what to do, someone was already figuring out where Rena was and where she was going. The Belphagor hummed almost silently as its special OS crunched the data coming in through the Flash System.

"I've found her..." Kylern tried to hold in his excitement as the computer pulled up the sonar like image of the unit heading for somewhere in the middle of the ocean. Was there a sub or something out there? He could only assume as much since according to the maps there was no island or anything in that area. But how to get there and what to do to get her out?

Besides the Belphagor was still damaged and even now they were bringing back in the severed strike claws that had been laying on the beach. It would take awhile just to get them pieced back on, let alone repair the beam scores and damaged mega-sonic cannons. There were also several heat wires that needed replacing...

"Damnit all! And I know where the hell she is!" He was angry at his inability to make a difference.
Last edited by Kylern on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

"What was that?" He glared at Zangetsu... "Since you didn't shoot her, i'll let you off the hook... But do that again, and you'll regret it..." Zaine walked out of the infirmary towards the dock... and about that point, caught sight of Gai about to head onto another ship, but decided to simply return to the Valhalla, since it was obvious he wasn't in the best of moods.

-Rena Lanford-

The young elf, stirred and woke, still fairly disoriented from Lily whacking her with her handgun. She recognized that she was in a rather unfamiliar setting.

"Where... am I...?" Rena asked.
Last edited by Omega on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strike Zero

- Reapers -

Finally they'd made it. Gabriel settled his Jagd Doga into one of the exposed launch bays on their Vosgulov class submarine. He landed firmly and the top hatch closed above him.

"Computer..." Gabriel said, keying a line to the ship's bridge. "begin submergence at once."

"Acknowleged," came the response of a computerized voice.

To preserve their secrecy, the Reaper's submarine had no crew to speak of. Instead, the entire ship was run by a simple A.I. that handled most of the vessel's systems for them.

Once the vessel had been properly submerged, Gabriel opened the Jagd Doga's cockpit hatch and stepped out on to the red-lit loading platform, Rena still cradled in his arms.

"Gabriel..." Hanzo rumbled, leaping down from the mobile suit's hand and onto the deck as well. "What is the meaning of this?" referring obviously to Gabriel's captive.

Diablous landed on Gabriel's opposite side with a bang and rounded on the man. He appeared agitated, having been enticed by the scent of Rena's flesh.

"Down boy," Gabriel chastised playfully. "This one is for me, not you."

Hanzo took a step forward. "What do you intend to do with her?"

Gabriel smiled. "Use your imagination, Hanzo. I need to have some way of keeping myself entertained while we're stuck in the middle of the ocean."

The armored man gave no reply. He merely kept his gaze level at Gabriel as the pale man stalked past him towards his quarters.

The room was simple, no adornment or decorations to speak of, and tinged in the same red light as the rest of the ship. All that was there was a mirror hanging just opposite of the door and a single bunk, atop which Gabriel laid out Rena's sleeping form.

It was then that Rena began to stir and awoke. Gabriel's smile widened.

"Welcome, young one... to my humble abode," he greeted. "Or, what's currently passing for it at any rate."
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

He lay in the infirmary after Zaine had left, the doctors had been in shortly after and had treated him. "Rest." That was what they had told him to do, but....It wasn't something he could do. Soon he was up and wondering one arm in a sling and bandages covering him. He saw the remains of the Wing being loaded up and taken into the base, no doubt to be repaired. "Without the Wing how am I to help? With no suit how am I to pilot?"

Zangetsu's wondering brought him to one of the hangars, were he recived an answer of sorts. His eyes soon cam to rest upon the dull gey form of the Impulse. "Huh? We have a gundam just lying around?" Then it came back to him. "Oh, that is right. We've had no one to pilot yah." He said as he aproced the machine. A few moments later he was in the cockpit. "I don't supose you would care if I piloted you?" With that Zangetsu began to mess with the OS. "How about I personalize your colors?"

-Norman-

Landing the Mercurius on Hawaii, Norman quickly disembarked and made his way inside. He wanted to find whoever was incharge, quickly. He needed to make his way to space and deliver his report directly to the Prince.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Omega

-Rena Lanford-

"What...?" Then her gaze settled on the man who spoke to her. Then for some strange reason, she instinctively tried to scoot away from him, only to be stopped by the wall behind her...

"W-Who a-are y-you?" Fear was rather apparent, but innocence took over as she immediately clamped her legs shut, barring off any view of other parts of her...

(Bunny her for the next part if you want)
Kylern

-Kylern-

His readout started to get more difficult to follow as the signal went underwater. Now he was certain there was a sub out there so he printed off its last location and commanded the GUILTY to continue following the signal as much as possible.

Then like a wild west sheriff he needed to form a posse to get Rena back before something happened to her. He was afraid that whoever had taken her wasn't the most gentlemen like. So as soon as his foot touched ground he ran like a bullet to the barracks where everyone had been with the printout.

"I found her! I'm tracking Rena's location now!" He was literally yelling with the data in his hands as he came up to the group. "I need help attacking the sub and getting her out." He knew exactly what he was asking... Of course he wasn't skilled in undersea warfare but there was a time for everything... He knew one person at least that would help him if he had to ask.

-Ryder-

He sneezed slightly. "Someone must be talking about me..." He grinned just slightly as he overlooked what remained of the Salvation's VF force. There was one unique unit that seemed to be an Invader that could easily be set up for underwater combat...
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Strike Zero

((No, there's really no need for that. Thanks though.))

- Gabriel -

Gabriel smiled.

"I... am Gabriel. Warrior of the Fandom and member of the Dark Star Knights."

He paused.

"Tell me, young one... what is your name?"
Omega

-Rena Lanford-

"Um..." Rena seemed at a loss for words... this guy creeped her out on multiple levels, yet here he was trying to be nice... 'Please... Kylern, get me out of this place...' She thought to herself, yet she silently prayed that the words reached him.

"I'm... Rena... Rena Lanford..."