Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

skyknight wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Has anyone ever tried ordering from toywave.com?
Yes, I have used Toy-wave numerous times, but mainly for Zoids only, otherwise I shopped with Gundam store and more for most of my Gunpla/

I think Toy-wave do ship around the world, but you want to check with them, since they are based in Hong Kong.
Are they reliable? They got a lot of old and hard to find Kamen Rider toys that I'm interested in picking up.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
skyknight

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:
Are they reliable? They got a lot of old and hard to find Kamen Rider toys that I'm interested in picking up.
They are reliable, if you mean if they get the job done right, then yes. Keep in mind its run by a couple of dudes in HK, but Ken, the person in charge, will always do his best to answer questions within a couple of days.

Also, they do ask you for packaging options, either just wrap it with bubble wrap and packaging paper, or put it inside a box. The shipping will vary based on what you choose. I might ask them for suggestions on the items that you are interested in.

I know members from Phenotype's Zoids Forum and Zoids Poison forum have purchased from Toy-wave as well, and so far there hasn't been any problems besides the issue of supply, which is one of the headaches that importer stores face.
Wing Zero Destiny

Re: Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Do Hobbywave take paypal?
Gundam!
nb007MkII

Wing Zero Destiny wrote:Do Hobbywave take paypal?
Yes.
"...extra unofficial." -- Mark
Derringer

Would someone like to consolidate the various stores listed and then put them in the first post?
Meteoid

^ and also where they ship to. I've found it really hard to find anywhere that ships to England, most of the time I have to use eBay which means waiting for someone to put it on there.
SNT1

Japanese websites is pretty much the only way to go for Europeans. It makes no sense to shop on a NA site if you don't live in NA. The three JP websites in the OP ships internationally.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
SeaBookArnoGF91

any1 know where to find a gundam unicorn, all the sites are sold out1!
Sume Gai

SeaBookArnoGF91 wrote:any1 know where to find a gundam unicorn, all the sites are sold out1!
Gundamstoreandmore (first post) seems to have some in stock

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ungumagrmoki.html
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SNT1

SeaBookArnoGF91 wrote:any1 know where to find a gundam unicorn, all the sites are sold out1!
Did you not even look at the very first post?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
SeaBookArnoGF91

SNT1 wrote:
Did you not even look at the very first post?

i guess i skipped a site, but the ones i check from the first post were sold out1
Drei

Hey, has anyone used http://www.ishop2go.com?

Their prices are amazing, though I'm not sure how much the shipping would be as I can't find where they ship from. The only thing I've heard of them is good from one person who I can't contact anymore.

Edit: Also, www.gundamstoreandmore.com hasn't updated for a while and I think they took off their "new" products tab. Anyone know if something happened to them?
Ohmygodiamonfire

Drei wrote:Hey, has anyone used http://www.ishop2go.com?

Their prices are amazing, though I'm not sure how much the shipping would be as I can't find where they ship from. The only thing I've heard of them is good from one person who I can't contact anymore.

Edit: Also, http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com hasn't updated for a while and I think they took off their "new" products tab. Anyone know if something happened to them?
I don't know what's happening with them, although they are still taking orders, so that's a good thing. I sent an email to them about a month ago about this, but got no reply, so yeah.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
joelfinkle

Drei wrote:Hey, has anyone used http://www.ishop2go.com?

Wasn't that hard to figure out, from the "Shipping and Payment link at the bottom of every page:
ishop20go wrote:We are using Hong Kong Post Service to deliver goods all over the world
By the time you pay that sort of shipping, and the 1-3% foreign currency conversions on your credit card, it's no longer much of a bargain.
Lans

SNT1 wrote:http://www.hobbyfan.com - Has Armored Core and SRW plastic kits. Resin recast kits can be found here
Anyone shop at this particular site?

Thanks for reply.
SNT1

I have a few times. Pretty good, nothing unique to write home about. My crap arrived within 5 business days IIRC.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Tailsnake

Well since nobody replied to my topic:

I was wondering if anyone knew any Canadian retailers that sell Models (specifically in the GTA), or anywhere that ships to Canada cheaply.

I'm also wondering if there's any store online that still has GFF Crossbone X-3 in stock, I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Lans

SNT1 wrote:I have a few times. Pretty good, nothing unique to write home about. My crap arrived within 5 business days IIRC.
Ah, thanks for reply.

mmm, did anyone ever had trouble using SAL shipping method on HLJ- HobbyLinkJapan? Just curious, my last and only order there was using EMS, really pricey.
joelfinkle

lans* wrote: mmm, did anyone ever had trouble using SAL shipping method on HLJ- HobbyLinkJapan? Just curious, my last and only order there was using EMS, really pricey.
SAL is roughly equivalent to International Parcel Post/Air. The old Parcel Post/Surface has been discontinued worldwide for a bit more than a year now, which is why shipping costs so much now, but at least it's faster (you don't want your gunpla traveling by boat anyway). It should be reliable, and your stuff should arrive without abuse pretty much all of the time.

EMS is roughly equivalent to International Priority Mail. Expensive as heck, but very fast.

The only way to get cheaper shipping than SAL is to find a shipper who will aggregate your package with others, then distribute them using US Mail once it arrives. It takes a pretty large company with a lot of overseas shipping to be able to take advantage of that though.

I'll now hang up my internet retailer hat (Nope, not an importer, but I did export a lot of children's books. Always amazed to see someone in Hong Kong pay $30 to ship an $8 book).
Derringer

Replacing parts/spare parts

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/parts-store.html

There is now a U.S. store that will replace your broken parts or if you want to order spares of something.

This is awesome. I can get more Kampher bazookas!