StrikeR's Art: It's been too long.

The place to share your artwork.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

StrikeR's Art: It's been too long.

*I Do Drawn Requests. Maybe Frankens.*

Summary of what's up with this Dudes "Art"
Most of what you'll see is things that I sketched in my notebooks or on some plain white copy paper. When I manage to get some scans on I'd really appreciate any criticism because my non-mecha anime friends just say "Cool." when they see it so I'd really like some feedback from people from the same type of fandom. I will Update as much as I can and there will be some polls for my art because I tend to not finish some stuff and maybe you guys could decide for me. And most importantly is for you guys to help me name some of the mecha also, cause I'm not all that creative with that.

*List Of StrikeR's stuff for your convienence*

All moved to my DeviantArt@ http://strikerougemk2.deviantart.com/
Last edited by Strike_Rouge_Mk2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 am, edited 23 times in total.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Re: Some art things

(A few days allows a double post right?)

Okay I lied, My friend is never home when I am so I asked around for someone with a scanner and my computer teacher said he "Might" be able to find one that isn't teacher use only.

So, Quick question then. What type of art would you guys like to see? Some of my Gundam Linearts, or some random anime characters (Not original characters), Or maybe even unfinished stuff?
ydawg314

MORE GUNDAM MODELS!
I for some reason like seeing CE frankens and designs. Btw are you or are you not working on the designs for my game? If you are not just let me know.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:So, Quick question then. What type of art would you guys like to see? Some of my Gundam Linearts, or some random anime characters (Not original characters), Or maybe even unfinished stuff?
I'd like to see a bit of everything, honestly. It'd tell us how well-rounded you are. And besides, "all mecha all the time" gets stale fast. There's more to creativity than just mecha right? And actually, seeing unfinished things can be very informative. It helps us see your thinking process.

Was that you in the Rick Dom the other night?? That was a badass looking NEXT. =p And I never knew your AC was pink like the Rouge, too, haha. Pretty awesome tribute.

As for your franken, I don't delve too much into that area, but he looks very grunt-y. =) I would suggest using a different skirt though. This one looks a bit unusual compared to the blocky nature of the rest of the frame.

I'm sure we'd all like to see what else you have in store. =)

Edit: And yeah, I also find it a bit aggravating when all people can say is "cool". What's really interesting though is to talk to someone who studies more classical art and stuff. =p
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Re: STRIKE_MK2's (SKETCH?)BOOK *HAHA!!*

(No named Dynames thingy)
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0003.jpg
And actually, seeing unfinished things can be very informative.
Well... heres the first version or that thingy above.
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0007.jpg

This an idea that I've been trying to actually finish and have a final design.

Miku Gundam (Its a test name, okay? Go ahead.. laugh)
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0006.jpg

and for teh lulz, my drawing of miku, on the back of some over due homework.
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0005.jpg

I had these done a WAY long time ago..the latest things Ive prolly drawn in the past month are AK's and other popular guns all over my desk at school..
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Re: StrikeR's Art things.

Here's a little combination of Exia and Wing Zero that I tried but Sorta failed.. I'm still working on to this day.. It's like drawing a franken instead of copy-pasting it together, lol.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0004.jpg
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Re: StrikeR's Art things. ** A Question! **

Ok, So I managed to get a second hand scanner from a family member but Its well...crappy Its scans and all but it come out with shaded spots all over the pictures, and since this will be the only scanner I'll have access to I was wondering what type of software you guys use for cleaning up your art and how to do so. I've never used any type of that software before so I was looking for some advice. (Can even I do this in my own thread?)
Turinu

My scanner does that all the time, if only because I smear my pictures a lot accidentally when I draw, I get lots of smear spots all over the place that are highly visible when scanned.

In that case, I use IrfanView to adjust the Gamma and Contrast of the image, reducing the spots, and then I just go through a photoshop program and cut out the rest.

I'm pretty sure the way I do it is all old and outdated though. I'm sure there's more convenient ways to clean that kind of stuff up more easily.
ydawg314

I suggest drawing with a red or blue color pencil when you do your first sketch and then tracing over with a black pencil or pen. That way you can just filter out the color and it will still look nice.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:Ok, So I managed to get a second hand scanner from a family member but Its well...crappy Its scans and all but it come out with shaded spots all over the pictures, and since this will be the only scanner I'll have access to I was wondering what type of software you guys use for cleaning up your art and how to do so. I've never used any type of that software before so I was looking for some advice. (Can even I do this in my own thread?)
I find that scanners will show shaded patches on your scan if the paper is actually not pressed down completely flat, so the patches are actually shadows. Do you think this could be it? Try pressing down the scanner top while it does its work. Don't blame me if you break the thing though. =p

ydawg's tracing method can be useful. I personally avoid tracing though, because it often loses the original feeling in the line. There's a point where a line looks too exact and loses its expressiveness. This just depends on your goals though. If you just want clean lineart, trace by all means. If you're worried about being artsy like me, you'll just have to grit your teeth and get better with a pencil, haha. :P

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0003.jpg

Huh. Your work is pretty interesting! It's pretty detailed stuff, and the small diagrams are neat. However, you have a crapload of negative space on all of your pieces. Since you've got a program, I recommend just moving all the stuff closer together and then cropping the image so you don't have to post all this blank white space. I like this design, but for some reason your lines look a bit disconnected. Sometimes I make this error, too. Make sure all the lines are dark enough for the scanner to pick up, and make sure that all the lines meet where they are supposed to meet. I also recommend widening the pelvis on this guy a little. It looks a little too narrow where the legs attach.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0006.jpg

It has a chin/goatee! Why am I the only person here that removes this from my female frames?? The skirt design is a bit unusual. It looks like it's just dangling strands or something. How about using something more cohesive?

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... an0004.jpg

Hey, this is pretty neat. Again, you should probably crop the image before posting. May I ask why the wings are designed that way? Did you have a specific function in mind? And does this fellow use a GN Drive? I would personally prefer ZERO system, but I'm a bit of a nut. And you can't do both, 'cause that's h4x! =p

Good work, sir. I'm interested to see if you have anything else to show.

*Phew! My power went out for a sec when I was posting this. Good thing I saved a draft, right?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Hahaha Thank you guys for the feedback. Shori I have no idea what you are talking about, I have a Photoshop-ish program, but I'm clueless as how to use it, So I tried looking for Contrast and the other gamma thingy, lol. Ydawg I don't know how to filter the colors out either so.. yeah hehe. But really, thanks for helping out. I was actually planning to give up on posting here, but you guys finally gave me some hope, and here is some stuff for Seraphic, since he likes my Wing Exia.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... ngExia.png

This was actually the first Sketch I had for the entire Wing Exia Idea, I also attempted to clean it, Does it look good?

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... ketch2.png

Cleaned version of what I wanted the Exia R2 to look like.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... Sketch.png

Raw. So you guys can tell me what I need to do so I can clean it properly.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... ketch3.png

And finally, the latest sketch I've done on it. I'd say the head looks way more "Aggressive" than the previous ones, and I sorta like it ^^ As for the chest area, thats what the main purpose of the drawing was. I wanted to see which one looked better (Compared to the V1.) I was wondering how to remove the lines also. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, About the wings.. They were just an idea floating in my head at the time, as I couldn't decide if I should use them or not (I still can't) So yeah, Expect to see different Wing styles and weapons as for now, I'm focusing on the mecha itself, lol.

*EDIT* Seems I had both links to the clean ver.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Shameless Bump of all things.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... 01EXAM.png

Got extremely bored staring at a chat box..... then It suddenly gave me an idea.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Titans Exia?

what's this "photoshop-ish" program called? it's easier to help you if we know what tools you have to work with. I strongly suggest staying away from notebook paper, the lines are nearly impossible to remove from your art. I had a technique for doing just that but I don't remember it any more...notebook paper is kinda hard to find in my house, I do know it was dependant on the orginal scan being in color, instead of gray scale.

love the sketch style you have, its rather different from my own.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Titans Exia?
Na. I just ripped off the color scheme from a badass Exia EXAM Gundam.
http://www.ebasenet.com/images/erix93/1 ... _Exam5.jpg
what's this "photoshop-ish" program called? it's easier to help you if we know what tools you have to work with. I strongly suggest staying away from notebook paper, the lines are nearly impossible to remove from your art. I had a technique for doing just that but I don't remember it any more...notebook paper is kinda hard to find in my house, I do know it was dependant on the orginal scan being in color, instead of gray scale.
I have PaintShop Pro 7. I got it after asking someone what they used to color their frankens and whatnot, But I forgot who it was lol. I usually do stay away from Lined paper when "Seriously" drawing, but the lines are really good cause they give you a sense of measurement or something.. I dunno I'm accustomed to lined paper slightly more than plain drawing paper :/
love the sketch style you have, its rather different from my own.
Oi, Thanks. I also like your style a little more than mine sometimes, my lines aren't always as thick/thin/straight/curved/or whatever when I want them too, But sometimes I have my days.

In other news, I haven't been home so I can't upload some really F***ING SEXY DRAWINGS that I did. I'm actually pretty stoked to see what you guys think. Till then huh?
crashlegacy14

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/L ... -135006834

I was about to edit my post when you posted . so anyway here's the tutorial to how to remove notebook lines and lift lineart at the same time. it's the exact same procedure that was shown in my thread a while back. I'm using photoshop in the tutorial but it should work for other programs.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Oi, Thanks. I also wanted to ask, How do you get your lineart to be so clean? My style isn't as clean, and when the lines aren't clean I can't add all the little meticulous details that I want and end up with lots of space that should have been clean, but isn't. :(
Geoxile

Learn to minimize lines when sketching or get a tablet and trace it? Those are the top two I can think of. Tablet tracing can really help.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Tablets. Hm. You guys always seem to talk about these things. Imma go google then Ebay. Hmm. Tablets.

:shock:

They cost a lot. I'll just learn to minimize lines >.>

Even if I got the thing I probably wouldn't use it. Or something else that might confuse me <.<
crashlegacy14

that's a good question. the image I used with the tut was rather quick no clean up involved . but I also don't think I erased too much. in fact I don't often erase, when I do I use one of those white erasers that don't smear too often. additionnaly I scan at 300dpi (instead of my computers standard of 150dpi)
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Ryujin

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:Tablets. Hm. You guys always seem to talk about these things. Imma go google then Ebay. Hmm. Tablets.

:shock:

They cost a lot. I'll just learn to minimize lines >.>

Even if I got the thing I probably wouldn't use it. Or something else that might confuse me <.<
Graphics tablets aren't a necessity in order to achieve good results; practice and a thorough familiarity with what tools you have is much more important. Even a lowly trackball or mouse will give you excellent results, if you invest the time & effort in becoming proficient with it.