Crash's Mecha Designs Works

The place to share your artwork.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Another Customized TX-20, This time just a quick doodle I did whiel trying to get rid of an artists block/ get into the flow.

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -114285835
Base Lineart.
http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -114286349
Quick messy colors. might go back and clean it some.

I used the Polycarbon method to get my seperate layers this time, and the colors where largely just slaped on. I want to add more red into the color scheme. I particlaraly chose red and whilte because I know that once I start hitting the Story mecha I'll have a lot of blue mecha. no need to OD on it ealier then I need to.

As I mentioned Earlier, I wanted to show the internal componets of the mecha to give a better idea of the way everything is postioned within. I finally started trying to draw it agian, but a case of artist block/ an annoying toothache got in my way. Here's what I have.

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -114283201
http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -114284883
http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -114285038

I'm sure it's not quite clear but the cockpit sits between two geenrators angled at a 45 degree angle or so,
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

These are all very intersting, Crash. I wish I had the time and dedication to do all of these design studies. I have to draw the line at doing skeletons and innards though, because at that point I just don't feel the fun in it, especially if I'm designing something that isn't even supposed to be visible. You seriously get a lot of props for that.

The red and white looks good! =) Your work's going to be all blue? Mine will be all white and grey, haha. We need to diversify! =p

I think I want to try some asymmetry soon, but I'm too backlogged on drawing designs that aren't on paper yet in order to make up entirely new ones at this point. I did get a taste of it when I did Gita's shoulders though. (I'm not trying to self promote. I just figured I would include a link in case you had no idea what the hell I was talking about. @,@) It makes things stand out a lot more, so I'll definitely try to do more of it in the future. =)

For the love of god, I still can't figure how you lift the lines for your sketches. I can only manage it for lineart that's relatively clean. It must be a difference of how we scan the images....and also my obsessiveness for clean lineart. >.> I'll have to find one of my sketchier things to test this out right.

By the way, how big are all of your drawings on a sheet of paper?

We should probably find a chance to talk sometime. Maybe I'll be on AIM this weekend. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
crashlegacy14

-check it out it's Kosmos' visor XP -

Most of my drawings are the same "scale" on paper, the TX-20 Tares takes up most of a standrad page in height and about half of it in width. matter of fact, the remaining half of the page was used to figure out the way the heavy boosters shroud where shaped and the design of the lower leg missile launcher.

I remember getting critized alot in High school art class because I consistantly used the same scale durring assignments. -mind you I was then working on larger sketch pad paper. of course my final emphised this because it was two mecha in a melee fight.

As for talking, I'm around all the time -I wounder how you set up AIM to make sound alerts....
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

Obvious influences. (I didn't have these images as reference though.)

I was trying to go for more of a half-helm thing, but I guess the way I did the hair things ended up looking like ol' KOS-MOS. :roll:

I'm thinking I'll have to upgrade to large paper soon, because everything I've done recently has taken up an entire sheet of notebook/copy paper, and I feel limited by the size. I'll probably be pulling out my hair trying to figure out how to scan paper that's bigger than my scanner though. >.>
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

crashlegacy14

Sorry for not responding sooner, I wanted to have soemthing of my own to post bsides jsut a reply- you know, gotta keep that content coming.

It's funny though, when you posted the image I thought that you might have used gear avlaible in Soul calibur 3's create a soul mode. the hip armor and the Kosmos like half/quarter helm reminded me of parts from it. But yes, I can deffently see where some of the design is inspired from. I guess I thought Kosmoss and not half-helm because it looked like there was no top to the helm because of how closely the hair line followed the edge of the helm.

On to my update:
http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -116422854
The Azure 10 piloted by Jess Stalven. The Azure 10 is a TX-20 that has seen a moderate amount of modifcations. Additonal armor plating has been installed in the upper torso and head. the head also features a set of gundam like head vulcans, additionally the arms are equiped with a sect of armguards that include a grappel line in their design (think the Lancealot from Geass). the mecha's priamry boosters -two proformance boosters- are mounted on the back of the hips (like the gundam stamen) with a secondary booster -a standard booster- sits in the the middle of the back drectly below the cockpit bulb. the hip joints themselves are from a heavy mecha (which really didn't come through in the drawing as much as I wanted). fianlly the lower legs feature a intergrated mini missile launcher with only 6 launch tubes between the two legs.

I have to point it out, the line quality is degrated becuase I drew on that crappy paper stock I have all over my house. I had some rather interesting spots that gave me trouble on this one. for one I redrew the arms like 10 times, they kept feeling "off" the shield was a real problem, I never really have much thought about how the shield would actually lookbefore hand so I was trying to cobble it together right there on the spot. lower legs gave me some diffuculty if for no other reason I wanted to make the exposed backing. the gun's clipp feed and clip gave me some isuue, as well as the angle of the weapon. Initaly those hip joints where surpose to be much larger making the whole thigh exadrately large. but by the tiem i got aroudn to drawing in the area I'd alraeady postioned the lower legs, which was a problem area for me. I might modify it now that I got this scaned.

-------------/Edit/---------
http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/A ... -116526384
the design work for the Azure 10. moste noable is the profile showing of the boosters armor coverings and how they open up to allow more manuvering.

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -116574439
aforementioed modification
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

Eh, I don't mind the slow responses. I usually wait out a few months before I double/triple-post in my own thread. :lol: I don't even own a Soul Calibur game. >,<

I think your Azure 10's shins could be a bit short. Did you run out of space on the page, there? =p Is a hand-carried shield useful when you've already got gigantic arm guards? I know it's bigger and all.... My impression is that the structure the shield uses to attach to the arm looks to be not so sturdy. This is also something I've been fighting with. Good work on that assault rifle. It's almost as big as a combat rifle.

Head vulcans!! ^_^

And tail binders! Stamen is my favorite unit from 0083. (Not the MA, but the MS.) Those thighs look pretty damn sturdy. What sort of stuff is it supposed to carry?
-Antares

crashlegacy14

The lower legs might be a little short, but I was pretty sure of their lenght in the orginal azure 10 line work. and I just moved them to accomidate the larger upper legs when I had finished them. I think I've been fighting the lower leg design a bit. If I draw the base legs the lower legs always look "empty" and I constantly want to fill that some how.

anyway. I agree the shield's moutning doses look a bit flimsy. but really that was done witohut any reference images of how it's done in gundamn or other anime. one of the main benifits of the second shield is it can abosorb sniper strikes or heavy fire while leaving the mecha behind it relatively unscaved. the forearmguards are not nearly as thick of plating as they also house the mechanical componts for the grappeling lines.

The gun pictured is the AAR-10. It's designed off the TX's ASR-10 Maverick and is made to be a more accurarate but still fully automatic verson of the rifle. Particularly it's very accurate in burst firing. Jess uses this model because it allows her to transition form a marksman suport to general combat without much loss in capability.

The Azure 10's back attachments are ussualy loaded on as a per mission basis, but typicaly she's outfitted with a 120mm (actual scale) cannon or a heavy machine gun on her back, and a radar or a long range communications array. the two guns are rather large in comparason of the mecha. as a matter of fact they are ussualy carried with two hands.

any way....
Behold Sandfox a unique enemy in the next adventure I get into. he's a squadron lead of a mercenary group the PCs will have to fight.
the basic info on the mecha is that its a TX-30 (heavy weight) armed to the teeth. it's got a gattling gun as it's primary weapon, a mini missile launcher, chest mounted vulcans and other toys. I'll probably come up with some sick melee ranged weapon for his left arm. and yes the Zaku spike on his shoulders are fully funtional. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm going to make them into detachable (purhapse launchable) heavy fragmentation weapons. the head's "ears" are going to be a sensor suite that lets him listen in on enemy chatter among other things. next time I take my pencil to his design I'll make them look more like fox ears and less like spikes. [/url]

----------/edit/----------
More Sandfox
This time you get a better view of his "ears" and a look at his left arm. this arm intergrates a close range weapon system. more specficly it's a large 3 fingered claw (think nightmare from soulclaibur) and a intergrated shotgun. the shotgun is 10guage, and holds 3 rounds internally. the claw itself is made up of large stenghtened fingers with spike like tips. it excells at grasping and crushing enemy armor.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

Re: Crash's Mecha Designs Works

Is it a jackal? Jackal! It's a jackal! A jackal! A jackal? Jackal! Jackal! It's a jackal! Jackal!

Sandfox. I really like that name. But now that you've made a sandfox, I have a official request for you: make a mech called Sand Dollar. Make it awesome. =)

I like the arms on this one. Very impressive. I think his ears could be sitting at different angles to his head in the second picture though. Was that intentional, or should it be fixed? I think this one is definitely deserving of some action scenes. You should make the Sandfox parry someone's sword using its shoulder spike. That would be sick. =p And do you have any more character or non-mech related stuff to see that's new? I'd like to see some of that. =o

Crash, I'm still really depressed about my photoshop. Maybe I can bum off of you and make you lift the lines on all my scans or something. :lol: :wink:
-Antares

crashlegacy14

Sure I'll do that for you.

really I've got nothing much in the way of art to shopw most of my time has been spent chain watching mecha anime (Linebarrels of Iron, RahXahpon, Dual!, Gun X Sword) of witch almost all fail in the story department. I expeicaly hate Gun X Sword, the Oringals mecha look horrible and it's more of an accident that Vann ends up saving the wolrd while extracting his revenge. Rah seemdd to start off well enough but the last 10 or so episodes are just so out there in reasoning. I was so put off by it I didn't even bother watching the associated ova or moive. LineBarrels of Iron I deffinatly perfer the manga to because 1) the pacing is better and character development makes more sense. 2)the anime has god aweful mecha CGing, and has that annoying character design style from seed. (I'd kick that guy in the nadds if I met him irl) I've only gotten up to 1/3 of the story if the anime is following the manga's plot (which it seemed to be doing very loosesly) but the whole explaination "we're from a paraell world" seems to just fall flat in the anime. Also what's with the damn series name? Linebarrel is the name of the lead mecha, there's only one so why plual it? Dual is proably the only series I'd recomend because it's jsut that great.

okay so I am actually working on some more art- I'm jsut waiting till it's piece together to show instead of putting it up in bits like I did with Azure 10 and the pervious designs. oh and I hate drawing overhang- long barreled weapons. (youll see why).
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
crashlegacy14

Meet Oruliss and Elendor who are currently throwing the Pcs for a loop in the Andrus adventure. Oruliss (upper left) is a TR-50 (medium weight aggressively built) and
Elendor (lower right) is a TR-70 (Heavy weight defensively built). Their pilots, Maleara Jin and Uzra Palatoni respectfully, are lovers though the couple rarely let that show.

In combat the two mecha tend to try to begin combat as far from their enemies as possible, with Elendor setting himself up to unleash a barrage from his back cannons (which btw fire 360mm shells). the cannons themselves are actually longer then Elendor is tall and fold not in two but three for storage on his back, they are both fed from a single drum mounted between them on his back (under nether the cockpit bulb) that has a 175 round capacity usually filled with a 50/50 mix of fragmentation and explosive shells. When it switches between fire modes the machine cannons lock into place by not only a bolt from the mecha's torso but one from the blade like shoulder guards. To assist in recoil control the mecha is equipped with a number of bracing rods which extend out from the back of the leg guards and the stabilizer tail. The cannons are then ready to be fired. Thanks to the mecha's advanced computing system and sensors Elendor is capable of using these cannons for pinpoint indirect fire, similar in method as today's howitzers. With a 600 rnd per minute fire rate it can keep up a continuous barrage for roughly 15 seconds before the cannons built up dangerous levels of heat. at this point the mecha immediately begins venting the hot gasses out of the shoulder guards, and the bolt assembly extends out of the back of the gun itself and the barrel folds up (to allow for more air flow through the hot barrel. The gasses that are expelled during this process create a smoke screen of notable volume.
Obviously this is when Elendor is most vulnerable, but he's not unarmed. Mounted in the shoulder guards are a pair of medium range missile launchers, which often house cluster warheads. additionally the oversized forearms house a par of triple-barreled Gatling guns (and ammunition for them) to be used the plating opens up and the Gatling rises up and backwards to clear the armor plating. The 140rnds of ammunition and rate of fire allows for roughly 20-45 seconds of continuous fire before running dry. the small drum that feeds the Gatling extends out the back of the closed guard allowing for easy removal. an additional 4 drums are stored within the tail stabilizer.
Due to his massive weight the mecha moves very slowly often relying completely on a set of high output boosted mounted in the leg guards to keep pace with general movement of other mecha. Ironically this slow land speed often makes enemies think the heavily armored mecha is a sitting duck even when not in his stationary firing position. The irony comes from the fact the mecha still enjoys a nearly full range of movement which allows it's pilot to bring his own advanced hand-to-hand training to bare against foes attempting melee.

Oruliss is the exact opposite of her sluggish teammate and lover, the medium weight mecha is lightly armored with an overall emphasis on mobility. Her design is capable of stay air born for several minutes using sets of energy efficient boosters in the rear and side skirt pods for general propulsion and high output booster mounted in the center of Oruliss’ back. To power this nimble machine Oruliss mounts a super-class GE-29“Merlin” generator and a heavy weight TR model. Unfortunately this brings about one of Oruliss’ major flaws, the twin generator set up isn’t meant to be used with both fully active because of the enormous amounts of heat generated, this combined with the heat from the constant boosting causes Oruliss to suffer from overheating often. To counteract this the mecha is designed to incorporate a heat purge system that helps the mecha rapidly cool down. in practice Oruliss usually waits to use this feature until she’s actually over heating, since the system requires all nonessential components to power down, Oruliss is extremely vulnerable during this grounded phase. Luckily the extreme levels of heat emanating from the mecha during this phase is enough to prevent enemies from entering close range and causes problems with maintaining visual locks.

The mecha’s extreme nimbleness would normally be problematic for pilots to aim using standard weaponry without mounting weapons with excessive rates of fire. Oruliss gets around this by making her primary weapon missiles. She houses roughly 60 missiles of medium or short ranges spread out between four launchers. Two medium range launchers mounted on the back, and a short range launcher mounted on either shoulder. Rounding out her armament is a pair of handheld shotguns which is used to deal with enemies that try to close with her.

Being long time team mates Oruliss and Elendor have learned to time their down times so as to allow their partner to cover them. This combined with the massive amounts of firepower they bring to bear means few enemies have the time to figure out their individual weaknesses before being overwhelmed.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

Saved! =D Really, this one is just pure awesome, Crash. You really ought to get more attention than you do. You must be getting tired of little ol' me, huh? =p I don't know why the sketch artists here don't get more input than they do.

It's Mr. Buckethead! The pose here is really fantastic. Is a fragmentation round the same thing as an airburst round? (I hate the host of this show, but I couldn't find any different clips.) Basically, this can act as a long/sniper-range shotgun because the shot doesn't scatter until it gets close. It can even "shoot around corners" if you fire the round past or over a wall and have the round explode after that. And the scatter ability of some of these rounds is frightening. I've watched them used over water and they completely shredded a ship to pieces. I'm definitely going to make use of this technology in my own projects. =)

I was going to suggest a match between Elendor and my Panzer Gemini, as a kind of Buckethead VS Buckethead deal, but as soon as I read about the fire rate of Elendor's cannons, I knew that was a pretty stupid idea. :lol: An ace VS grunt match isn't really smart either. >.> How good is Elendor's melee? Does he know kung fu?? =D

You really love your dual shotguns, don't you? I use that setup sometimes in AC and it's damn fun. =p I have a design I needed to redraw. It has the option of using dual shotguns, if it replaces its beam rifle. The best thing is that it can fire both weapons on full automatic. =p

Your characters here sound interesting also. I wonder if anyone around here even bothers to read these profiles asides from myself. You haven't beaten Shori in terms of sheer length though. o,<

I was thinking about that story you told me about your friend. It made me want to see what a Zaku with a shotgun would look like. Maybe you can work on that after my Sand Dollar mech is done? :mrgreen:

Edit: By the way, are Oruliss's missile launchers pictured in the above drawing? I can't seem to pick them out.
-Antares

crashlegacy14

the launchers on oriluss are the big shoulder guards and you can see the back end of one of the back mounted ones. I didn't elaborate on the exit ports for the weapons because at the time I had no idea how I'd do so.

a Fragmentaion round performs exactly like a frag gernade, the explosion itself isn't the criplling factor, but rather the shrapnel. a fragmentaion explsiove generaly has a larger effect raduis then a traditional explosive because of how far the shrapnel flies. good examples of fragmentation rounds is those used by howitzers and anti aircraft cannons. in at least the later example it's capable of airbursting. Airbursting rounds aren't really that new, but only recently grabed the public eye because of the OICW system micronizing it into a 20mm programable round. ofcourse that project got scraped but the launcher and round went on to further development.
Personally I don't like Future Weapons because thier tests are edited or simply set up for the demonstated weapon to perfom. Example, the episode with the Kriss Super V their test with it shotting thru a car door....yeah my brother's 9mm can do that. car doors are rather easy for firearms to perice.

As for Elendor's melee capability. stat wise he does pretty nice unarmed damage for a heavy mecha, the plating meant to be used as a striking surface isn't the best around but he's caped in strenght. as far as "does he know kung fu" yeah it's pilot does, hes the guy who could go into a gun fight unamred and end up victorous...maybe shot a few times but victorous.

As for the dual shotguns thing...Oruliss was actually designed close to a yeara ago. and when from using a sword and shotgun to a pair of shotguns. our other resident dual wielder was put together right around the time I drew him which was only a day before I posted him here.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
crashlegacy14

so I'm under the weather in a lot of way, expecialy today as post these.

The Azure 08 is piloted by Tiberias Cyron a full-blooded Maldrian (snother species of human). Tiberias is one of the PCs of the currently running Andrus Adventure. The Azure 08 is a TX-20 at it's core that untill recently wasn't modiffied enough to warent me drawing the thing. The mecha now combines elements from the recently defeated elendor with it's orginal frame to give it a dual role capability.

The basic mecha has seen much modfications to it's legs which now included a number of heavy joints to increase it's load capacity. further more elendor's Tail stabalizer is mounted on the rear for suport during it's artliery mode. the stabalizer tail also serves as the storage point for the mecha's primary weapons, a pair of smgs equiped with disk shaped high compacity magazines as well a 3 additional magazines for each gun (all lined up on a tracted rail system so that the mecha can reload easily).

Azure 08's arms mounted a set of 10 guage shotguns which are in turn covered by shields mounted atop them. the shoulders feature a basic armored pauldron.

the Azure 08's head mounts a ARTC Effect system and a communciation boosting command fin. these two modifications allow the mecha to precisely target things outside it's line-of-sight (enabling indirect fire of it's artliery cannons) and allows the mechato stay in contact with it's allies for a much greater range -meaning it could recieve updates on enemy postioning from allys in combat with his target from move then a day's travel away.

The dual role is made possible thanks to a swing arm mounted back pack that a swivile from the normal position on the mecha's back to sitting agianst the tail stabalizer. while in the first postion the back pack locks into place voer a pair of performance boosters, preventing them from firing (and probably making them into part of a charging system or something) when put into the lwoered postion the mounted cannons are disabled so that their recoil can't damage the already strained swing arm. this psotion however does allow the back mounted boosters to befired, which when combined with the pair mounted on the lower legs provides signficant mobility to the mecha.

the cannons used by the atrliery mode are 120 -180mm cannons salvaged off of tanks the team has fought, not the massive machine cannons from elendor, and it's likely that they will be replaced when I come up with some sort of weapon that can fill the indirect fire capability and have need for a massive either charge from the boosters.

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/a ... -120713428
Draft 1 (done before the new design was put together)
http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/A ... -120714481
Draft 2 (done yesterday)

oh and The orginal Elendor design, I'm so glad I redrew him.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/cr ... endor2.gif
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

Damn, Crash. If you're not feeling so well, you shouldn't push yourself. How about you relax for a good while? =)

I luuuurve machineguns. =D And rail/track mounted magazines are useful, aren't they? =p When you do get around to designing the forearms, be careful to leave enough space in the design to include all the internal mechanisms for the shotguns.

As incomplete as these drawings may be, I'm actually really intrigued by all the ideas presented. I'm particularly looking forward to see what his backpack will be like.

Bah, it sucks balls that Elendor got creamed. I liked that frame a lot. Is the pilot okay?? =( The old version of the frame sure does look very different! He kinda looks like a super robot.

Anyway, Crash, I'll be waiting to see more work, but you have to get better first. So get well. Like, NOW. =o
-Antares

crashlegacy14

insert marcus fenix's voice saying "Fight through the pain!

yeah, a toothache is the root of all the pain. not much I can do till I get to a dentist.

Elendor and Oruliss where pretty much doomed from the start, they where taking on a group twice as large as they where. Not to mention it was the PCs they where going agianst. So yeah, they where doomed. Both pilots survived. Elendor's cockpit/escape pod ended up stick in a tree to the point he couldn't get out until he got captured. and Oruliss' pilot wasn't about to leave him to the wolfs. As such they are both being interrogated now.

They didn't go down without a fight though. Elendor was dishing out mode damage then the entire other team put together in some rounds. Namely the rounds when he was firing his machine cannons. Elendor even man-handled the melee focused Alden 00 like he was standing still. Not only did he physically catch the man's sword but he kicked him back. He followed that up by kicking his almost empty ammo drum into the Alden's chest and blew it up by shooting it with the head vulcans. Damage was also very high to all the other mecha except for the Azure 01 who was just plain evasive the entire battle. the other three mecha where close enough to being destroyed that either could have finished them off if they themselves didn't get disabled.

Making room for the extra weapons isn't a big deal as I intend for the shotgun to look more like it's attached on top the back of the fore arm, not integrated into it. kinda like how Elendor had those huge has forearms that opened up to reveal his gatlings.

------------/Ninja Edit!!/------------
http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/A ... -120845373
The torso design pretty much finalized. the notch in the chest is to allow the head full vertical mobility. The "collar" looking parts on the sides of the torso extend to connect into to boosters which are some what visible as the are covered by the back pack. Originally I don't think I intended to draw the pack up but who give a Zonks now!! (I typed that zoinks myself lawl). At any rate the front of the collar does have a sensor why? good question I'm not sure yet... the cannons aren't drawn in yet and I'm betting most of the stuff I worked hard on will be completely hidden from view by the arms when they get drawn (on a different sheet of course) the legs are going to look a lot like Azure 10...probably using the exact same design give or minus a little detail.
Last edited by crashlegacy14 on Sat May 22, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

I knew a man named Todd who got his wisdom teeth pulled while he was in the military. He thought they were just going to pull one set, but they decided to just get ALL of them after they had gassed him to sleep. He said the feeling after he woke up was like they had been beating him in the head with baseball bats while he was knocked out. Same feeling??

Wow, that sounded like a really really good fight. And I figure it always makes more sense to make a weapon "arm-mounted" instead of internally part of the arm.

Your progress on the drawing looks very good. I was expecting the backpack to be a little more extreme, but I guess it does the job. =p

Where is my Sand Dollar? =)
-Antares

crashlegacy14

I never said I'd raw a sand dollar mecha, I said I'd covert line art for ya lol.

as for the best way to discribe the pain.. imagine someone shoving needls into your upper and lower jaw, be hind the right incisors, then add a ear ache severe enough to drasticly affect you balance on the same side... finally slam your forehead into a brick wall acouple times. no you're close how the hieghts of my pain.

As for azure 08's back pack I wasn't sure how extereme I'd have to take it because of the back boosters.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
crashlegacy14

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/A ... -121859343
progress. toothache flairing up agian.

--/Copy-pasted from image discription/---
it has limbs now! showing just why I need a tabelt, those bicg ugly black lines that show the forearm are done with my mouse. at any rate, somethings I've already pickedo out.

the legs aren't the correct lenght, particuaraally I need to lenghten the left shin, the right foot and thigh where taken directly from the Azure 10 drawing, which will evenatlly be replaced but are largely accurate. I need to draw out the mechanizum of the hips that allow the azure 08 to store his smgs on them. it will also probly include the extra disk storage.

I'm keeping this verson of the SMG-10, the sensor is on the bottom of the barrel. it's feed from a 80rnd disk drum that sits on the "inside" so as to not black the ejector on the "outside". the stock is extendable, allowing it to fit sungly under the armpit.

the right arm is a bit odder psotioned then I thought it would be, the hand is surpsoe to be resting on the smg that's still stored on the right hip, with only a twist of the wrist away from having a hold on the grip. I'm having a diffuclt time psotioning it in it's place while putting the sohulder correctly on the mecha.

His shotgun+Shields are still missing from his forearms, so is the cannons on his back pack.
----//--

commonets?
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

Sorry for being late to comment. End of the semester has been kicking my ass.

I like this one. The body looks stocky and the stance is strong. Your TXs normally look curvy and voluptuous, haha. And yeah, you should definitely fix its legs. Did you run out of space at the bottom?

How the hell did you manage to draw that with your mouse?? Try the pen tool in 'Shop instead! You can rightclick>strokepath and choose brush after that. It works decently.

What's that big thing sticking out of its tail?
crashlegacy14 wrote:I never said I'd raw a sand dollar mecha, I said I'd covert line art for ya lol.
Aww, come on man. You're leaving me hanging here. I only wanted a Sand Dollar to see how you would draw it!

Back to physics! D:
Edit: this post is lucky #777
-Antares

crashlegacy14

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/T ... -122428236

Major changes abound, though the bigest is mostly hidden...

first and foremost, I changed the left leg, postioning it in a way I felt it worked better, as that leg wasn't turned drasticly away from the pelvis' center line. this thus makes it look more natural for the tail binder to be in profile then before which I REALLY didn't want to have to draw into perspective. (That mistery thing sticking out the bottom end is the "barrel" that the actual stablizer spike extends out of to help lock the mecha in place durring "artliery mode" on the top is a small vernier booster with back and side nozeles to assist in high speed turns when off the ground. Btw speaking of stbalizer spikes the lower leg features a pair on each ankel that also extend out. the interesting thing is that they can be fired seperately to allow only the outside one of the pair to extend into the ground. this combined with the mehca's performance boosters allow for the mecha to move similarly to a Votoms AT, or Front Mission Wanzer. The hips of the mecha feature a rather nifity clip storage and "holster" for the SMGs which I may repeat on the tail binder instead of the rail system I previously stated unforantly the hip is concealed by the arm so you can't see it here. -once the entire image is complete I'll dd the explantion drawings in to te mix as well.

Azure 08's arms are completed, (the right arm took around 5 attempts to get right) and their major feature is the shields covering a double barreled shotgun. orginally I had planed for a single barrel gun with a standard under tube magazine, however thanks to be bashing out a number of shotgun stats I came up with this double barreled version. the entire front end of the shield detaches and is the shotguns magazine, it hold a total of 20 shells that feeds both barrels. the notches in the shield allow for the spent cases to be ejected through the breach, and speciality ammunition to be loaded.

So bare minium for me to do to finish this one is draw in the 120mm CAN-10 Breaker tank guns onto the back pack. I'll more thne likely draw out it's over pack option, which is designed to take advantage of it's surprsiing booster based mobility by having the pack armed with missile and kept in the down position. and looking at it witho nly the cannons missing It becomes a bit obvious that I'l need to put the stabalzier in perspective to satasfy myself....

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/E ... -122207127
as a bit of a respite from the Azure 08 I started coloring this image of Eless, the pilots of the Verunes who apears in the Andrus adventure, making adjustmets to it as I noticed obvious problems. among them, I lenghtened the right leg (it had previously been shorter thne the left O.o no idea what I was thinking at the time with that.). Changed the flow of her hair to make it a bit more natural looking (I admit long gracefull curves of hair or fabric whipped by the wind is one of my weak areas).
I changed the shoulder armor making it more flat since she was surpsoe to wear a armored cloak over them , in doing so I had to find the helment and reinsert it into place because more of it was now visable. After Dustin pointed it out I moved and enlarged her right eye, as orginaly it had been alittle further back. I'm extemely happy I was able to do that soley in photoshop as it would have drove me insane (or rather more insane) doing it on paper. finally I added in her sword, after which I realized I didn't have her sheath-harness drawn yet :( and I'm aware of the fact the sword is out of perspective.

The coloring so far is satasfactory to me where I've actually apllied my self (eyes, face hair) the colors of her armoring wher pulled for a few images of the gears of war armor because I wanted a gritty look to those pieces and wanted to stay away from blue, purple and red (because they where the oly color I saw red headed characters in when I did a quick search. the color of her hair was pulled froma few images of the older SC2&3 nightmare's -which was why blue was really off limits) that said the color of her service usit (the form fitting udner suit) was discribed in the adventure as being red so I was limited there. the colors on her sword will mostly get washed out when I go back ot them, with the exception of the organge which will eventually look like brass. the blue circles are surpose to be gem like orbs and thier color is taken from eless' eyes, though I may change them to red - the color of her helm's eyes.
I'm rather open to sujestions about my color selection here so PLEASE give me some input.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG