Ep. 032 - 9th Wonder

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 032 - 9th Wonder

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 032 - "9th Wonder"
- Unplugged Version: 64 kbps - 136 min., 59 sec. (2:16:59) - 62.7 MB
- Remastered Version: Coming Soon!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo News!"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:13:26

02. Preview: Next Time on Flip the Script! - "SBR's AMV YouTube Channel Critique"
Runtime: 0:13:26 - 0:15:34

03. 1st Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season Two: Episodes 13-15 Reviews"
Runtime: 0:15:34 - 0:43:40

04. Epic Sugar Works (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:43:40 - 0:44:15

05. 2nd Segment "Gundam Round-Up!: MS Igloo Apocalypse 0079"
Runtime: 0:44:15 - 1:05:56

06. Preview: Next Time on Gundamn! @ MAHQ - "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED CE 73 Stargazer" (featuring Austin)
Runtime: 1:05:56 - 1:07:37
(Props to CanadaMan for the correction!)

07. 3rd Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season Two: Episodes 16-18 Reviews"
Runtime: 1:07:37 - 1:48:30

08. Florida Oriental Trading (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:48:30 - 1:50:11

09. 4th Segment: "MAHQ.net's Ninth Anniversary!"
Runtime: 1:50:11 - 2:10:22

10. Preview: Next Time on Level Nine! - "Resident Evil Quality Control"
Runtime: 2:10:22 - 2:11:43

11. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:11:43 - 2:16:59

In this episode, we celebrate MAHQ's 9th Anniversary, talking about the website and our personal experiences there over the last nine years. We also continue our campaign of Gundam 00 episodes, with discussion of eps. 13-18. Finally, our coverage of the first CG-animated Gundam series continues, when the Round-up finally arrives at "MS Igloo Apocalypse 0079"!

Thanks for listening and for the feedback!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Level Nine - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - MySpace - FaceBook - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Ep. 032 - 9th Wonder

Thanks for putting this up, Soul Bro! I was getting really bored. Now there's something interesting to occupy my thoughts. ^^;

Edit: Just got through this one. I really enjoyed this episode! I laughed especially hard at the anniversary segment. I'll tell you without reservation that I thought Burke was a dick. =3 But now that I think back on it, he was probably only that way because he had to deal with a bunch of know-nothing brats with the introduction of Wing. Chris must be dealing with the same thing. Work, school, MAHQ, and fighting trolls/stupidity on Mechatalk. If you keep it up, you'll end up as a mean old man, Chris, but we're all with you in this endeavor. I'll yell at some kids to get off the lawn, too. =)

I want to thank all of you especially for hosting this intelligent conversation and for providing a space for all of this creative and logical venting we all have to do. Just look at all the tech posts I made today. >.> I think that without mechatalk I'd probably just be really loopy in the brain. (Well, moreso than the loopy impression that I give people reading my posts.) Without the forum I'd probably get off my ass and learn kung fu and start fighting random pedestrians on the street. Thank you for being a deterrent for that.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Here's to many more years of MAHQ, gentlemen. Cheers!
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Wingnut

Why is the BBCode off here (It's on in every other forum) and why can I not turn it on? As such, I have to resort to more crude methods to post what I want to.

Soul Bro Ryu said: "Sorry, Marina. Just not going to happen. Unless you grow 18 meters tall and get a V-fin and some beam weaponry, you don't have a chance in Setsuna's eyes."

We have ways of making that happen: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ ... 050507.jpg
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
MindlessFire

Its funny how they said that the reason that Setsuna has no time for romance with Marina and later argued in the board with his relationship with Feldt is because he apparently has "Jack Bauer disease/Syndrome."
Soul Bro Ryu

Glad you guys enjoyed the episode! I've been wondering what the deal has been with the BB Code too, only seeming to work here for the admins of the board. I tried to find the setting that would make it accessible to everyone, but I'll drop a line to Chris and see if he can solve this mystery.

As for that quote, I wish I could take credit for that, but it was actually Neo that made that remark about Marina. Funny, though, and even more hilarious with that pic you posted ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Wingnut

Really? I could have sworn that was you. Oh well. Also, you guys were not the only ones who could not take any more of those fanboy impersonations. I was listening through headphones and actually took them off for a moment until you guys went back to normal. Accurate they were, but still near impossible to listen to.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Chris
Administrator

Wingnut wrote:Why is the BBCode off here (It's on in every other forum) and why can I not turn it on? As such, I have to resort to more crude methods to post what I want to.
It's fixed now. I don't know why it was turned off.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Furious Rodimus

Thanks for the salute Neo!

It was driving me crazy not knowing if it was worthwhile holding out for a blu-ray release, so I did some checking, lol.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Leroy Landers

I would like to wish MAHQ a happy ninth anniversary and here's hoping that maintaining the site and doing Gundamn podcasts stays fun for many years to come.

I enjoyed the intro to the anniversary segment with all the insipid comments. Anyone remember the wave of stupidity that plagued the old Gundam.com boards back in the day?
CanadaMan

Soul Bro Ryu wrote: "SBR's AMV YouTube Channel Critique"[/i]
God, watching that at the hotel during Yasumicon, 'twas awesome. Bernie's Lament indeed. Think you might make a few more AMVs? You have some good ones.
Soul Bro Ryu wrote: 06. Preview: Next Time on Gundamn! @ MAHQ - "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED CE 79 Stargazer" (featuring Austin)
Hurray for NITPICK TIME! That should be C.E. 73, not C.E. 79. Guess this was just SoulBro's Freudian Slip'isode.

Now onto the show!
You guys have good timing, you put up 31 just before I moved, and then 32 the day before I regained my internet connection. Providence right there.
I can't disagree/agree about Apocalypse 0079 simply because I've yet to see it. I'm pretty sure I've only seen the first three of MS iGLOO, and that was a while ago, so it's all really fuzzy. I do remember the Zaku-Tank and Zudah.
Happy 9th Anniversary to MAHQ.net, there are truly few non-corporate sites that last this long. Thank you for everything Chris and Dale and the many other contributors.

And thank you Gundamn! crew, FTS crew and Level Nine crew for keeping me entertained on a regular basis, even if my friends think I'm absolutely batshit crazy when they ask what I'm listening to. Indeed you are all an inspiration.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
snoops619

I want another visit by the three trolls. They're much better than you three. (Joke, please don't banish me...)

Great episode as usual. Loving the repeat stops of the straight-talk express. Love the return of the reviews.

OH AN SBR : I HAVE THE NEWTYPE TINGLE SFX. MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANTS IT!

In fact, it's my TwitterFox alert sound ^^
Last edited by snoops619 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
ZeroBusterXX

Another winner guys. The troll segment was hilarious!
Blue 55

Indeed just finished listening and it was GREAT!! :D
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
chaosmeika

Unsure if someone mentioned this before, but it would be cool if the links that Neo mentions during his Neo's News segment are posted in the time notes. I wanna see those cute voice actors!
Currently watching: Mobile Fighter G Gundam Next Up: Gundam X Spring Season M Anime: Z Mazinger.
Any suggestions for Mech Anime I should watch? PM me
Furious Rodimus

Another great show. Sure makes my walk to school a lot more enjoyable! Like others I really enjoyed the troll-spoof. Don't feel bad guys, some of the fan-bois on seibertron.com are as bad or worse.

I really do want to check out Igloo though, it sounds like its fairly interesting, especially the last episode you guys talked about.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
bertman4

Wingnut wrote:Soul Bro Ryu said: "Sorry, Marina. Just not going to happen. Unless you grow 18 meters tall and get a V-fin and some beam weaponry, you don't have a chance in Setsuna's eyes."

We have ways of making that happen: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ ... 050507.jpg
Now THAT is Comedy Gold!

Another nice episode guys. Love the anniversary segment. And so spot on about the trolls. I have the misfortune of actually meeting guys that talk AND act like that.

Bertman
L.U.T.A.

Gud episode and yeah setsuna has no time for relationships, he has to save the world.

But trolls aren't too bad... they keep those story writers in line so we can get the best of the best. Sadly though most are a little biased and a little into themselves. They don't do it for the people
~Searching for happiness...
The blue bird flies away
thanatos

Another great episode guys.
Wingnut wrote:I was listening through headphones and actually took them off for a moment until you guys went back to normal. Accurate they were, but still near impossible to listen to.
I felt the same way. I started to grate my teeth together when I heard those voices. Chris saying that Full Metal Panic is the best show ever made me remember a kid I used to know who insisted on the exact same thing. Things like that are the reason why I prefer to limit my fandom to the virtual world. It's harder to criticize (even constructively) when you're face to face with someone.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

L.U.T.A. wrote: But trolls aren't too bad... they keep those story writers in line so we can get the best of the best. Sadly though most are a little biased and a little into themselves. They don't do it for the people
I seriously doubt that, my experience is that most trolls are hateful, jealous people who have no real skills or talents useful for society.

I'm sure most of these writers really care what the trolls think.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
otaku1

another great EP guys I relly liked how the last segment started and I can hardly what for the next EP