Chapter 21: Waves of Sorrow [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

Re: Chapter 21: Waves of Sorrow [Earth]

-Reimi-

"Yeah... As for his mech, he pilots a blue Tieren type machine..." After a moment, she spoke up, her blush returning. "Um... could you leave for a bit? I'm not sure if that part of me is covered... wouldn't want it to happen now, would we?"
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

"Oh. SORRY!" He said as he quickly exited the room and stood outside wit the vibrant reed returning to him. To calm himself down he started to think of what kinda Tieren it could be. "The best one would be the All Terain type. It can handle the most situations and has the best performance of all the Tierens. It's standarded armaments are smoothbore and the beam rifle with saber. That shouldn't be too much of a problem. The real problem will be on how good he pilots it or if he changes mechs between now and then."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Omega

-Reimi-

A doctor walked in and gave Reimi a check-up, seeing that somehow, her wounds were completely healed...

"Well, I guess you're free to go..." The doctor said as she left the room. Reimi was quickly dressed afterwards and walked out of the room. "I guess i'll have a look around the base."
Strike Zero

- Elya -

Elya had expected as much -- it was only natural that Morpheus would want to know more about the Knights and her Nova Prince, and Elya was eager to help him out. Although, now that she was finally confronted with the question... what she could tell him about the Prince...

"The Nova Prince..."

Elya's face scrunched up into a frown.

"His... abilities..."

There was a long pause. She searched for some sort of answer to Morpheus' question.

"Well... he uses a powerful machine called the R-Gun Rivale. He keeps it aboard his flagship, the Iron Lucifer. They say that when it comes to piloting skill, there's nobody in the Fandom that can match him. I've never actually seen him fight... but I hear stories. Like one time, I heard that he destroyed three entire Federation battle fleets that treaded too far into Fandom territory all by himself. But other than that... his other abilities..."

To this, she offered up the only comprehensible truth that she could.

"I... don't know. I've never really thought about it before. It's not like he's ever talked to us about it... "

"I have heard rumors about it from the others. They say that the Prince is psychic. He finds out about things that happen long before anybody else does, knows more about them as if he were actually there. As if he had seen them happen. After he offered me the 'deal', I really had no choice but to believe it. But... I couldn't tell you anything exact. We, or at least I wasn't allowed to know anything about him, so he never shared anything with us. We were hardly even allowed to see him. Occasionally he would be there at Fandom headquarters conducting some private business... but other than that... we would only ever meet at the gathering ground where he would hand out special orders to the lot of us if he needed to."

Strike took the moment to speak up. "So in other words... you don't really know anything about him? His true abilities and true intentions?"

Elya shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry. I really wish there was more I could tell you, but..."

Strike understood. He understood that this Nova Prince was a man of absolutely secrecy. Whatever it was he may be planning, he was certainly cautious enough not to allow even his most elite soldiers to be privy to it. IT was unlikely that they could learn anything really useful about him from Elya at any rate.

"What about your comrades? The Dark Star Knights?" Strike interjected. "Surely there's more you can tell us about them?"

Elya's features brightened. "Oh! Yeah! I can do that!"

She scooted forward and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, wanting to sit properly. "What do you want to know?"

"Anything, I guess. Start by telling us who they are," Strike replied.

"Okay." She cleared her throat.

"Well... there was me of course, and baka-Black Mage. We used to have Leon-niisan, Berith, and The Steel Lizard Byakuya Kamiya... but they’re all gone now."

Though it seemed like ages ago, Strike remembered Leon well. A man, and a confrontation like that were not things one forgot easily. He also remembered Berith as the one Kirie had struck down in the midst of the trap he had set. He didn't know the man named "Byakuya" too well, but if he was a Knight and he was dead, then so much the better.

“The ones that are left are Marlene-neechan…” Elya continued.

She paused.

“Do you two know each other or something? I heard her mumbling your name the last time we met in space.”

Strike visibly flinched and began rubbing the back of his head.

“Yeah… I guess you could say that…”

Elya hm'ed out of curiosity, but then continued. “Anyway, after her, there's creepy Zephyr. He's kind of a sociopath, always hanging out on his invisible ship. I don't know too many details, but from what I hear, he likes to run experiments on Newtypes. I heard from Berith that the only reason he wanted to become a Knight was so that he could... 'run any operations he liked free from essics and poro-tocal', or something like that."

Strike nodded, understanding what Elya meant. He knew Zephyr as the man who had kidnapped the deceased Kayla Ryder, then turned her into a crazy Cyborg endowed with Newtype abilities. The guy was twisted, that was for sure.

"There’s also a man named Wraith who as far as I know serves exclusively as Lady Raven’s servant. You may have seen him before -- big guy? Wears dark armor? Doesn’t talk, like, at all?”

Strike nodded, having in fact been briefed before on the armored man’s attempts to infiltrate the island and assassinate Bian Zoldark before.

“There is one other guy I’ve heard about, though I don’t know him very well," Elya went on. "It's a guy named Shadow. He claims to be able to ‘see the future’ or something like that. I personally think that he's just crazy.”

“Is that all?”

Elya shook her head. “No. There are two other Knights who serve as direct servants to the Nova Prince all the time. The first is a guy named Cain. You don't see him around very often, but he’s even creepier than Zephyr -- he wears the weird outfit that makes him look like a bat, and he sometimes likes to hang off the ceiling just like one.”

Strike raised an eyebrow at this.

“The second servant is a girl named Miser. She and Cain used to work together all the time –- they were practically inseparable. But one day, something happened. She failed the Prince and he punished her for it. She’s never really been the same since and was resigned to operating solo and out of the shadows... but I hear that she's actually managed to become even stronger than she was before back then.”

"So... two royal guards for the Nova Prince," Strike said. "Anybody else we should know about?"

"No. There isnt--"

Abruptly, Elya's tongue froze mid-sentence. Slowly, her gaze dropped to the floor.

Strike frowned. "Elya?"

"Well... there may be... others..."

What was going on here? Elya's demeanor had changed completely.

Elya shook her head. “It's just something I overheard from Cain and Miser. They were talking one time... and I'm not sure if it's real or not, but..."

There was a long, deathly pause.

"But supposedly... in addition to the regular Knights, there’s supposed to be a group of Knights that nobody has ever seen before. Kind of like a shadow group.”

“A shadow group?”

Elya nodded. “A group that works kind of like Miser does -- by themselves without reporting to anybody. They’re so special that they only take on missions that are handed down to them by the Nova Prince himself. And based on what I heard... they're supposed to be strong. I mean, really strong. Way beyond either me or Berith or Black Mage.

“So, spit it out already. Who exactly are these guys?”

“Like I said… I don’t know much about them. What their skills are, what kind of mobile suits they pilot… I don’t even know what they look like. All I know are their names. There are three of them… and their names are Hanzo the Chariot… Diablous the Hanged Man… and Gabriel the Devil. Together… the three of them form a group of Knights known as the Dark Star Reapers.

Strike's lips parted. “The Dark Star… Reapers?”

Elya nodded.

“The Reapers are supposed to be the Dark Star Knight’s trump card. They’re powerful… they’re merciless… and supposedly, so far, nobody who has faced them has ever walked away from a fight alive.”
Last edited by Strike Zero on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
SNT1

--Rachel and Antonio--

"Ok, sorry for the wait, but let's get started," Antonio says over the radio after coming back in a hurry. Rachel was just sitting idly in the cockpit. "k. So what do I have to do..."

"Basically, just fly and perform some high-risk maneuvers. We've installed the Shadow bit system on your old Airmaster, in such a way that it would copy what you do in your new Airmaster. You can see the results for yourself," Antonio ends the last sentence with a smirk.

"Alright, new Airmaster, let's see how you roll." She taxi's the plane-like mobile units off towards the runway, and her older Gundam follows suit. She gets clearance to take off, and Rachel kicks the thing into full throttle already... "Ok, it feels a little faster..." The acceleration was so that in mere seconds she could pull the throttle from standstill and do a 90-degree climb already. "Ugghh.... " She grunts at the g-loads being bombarded at her. She takes the time to look towards her back, where she sees her poor old Gundam struggling to keep up, climbing in a much wider radius. She does more quick lefts, quick rights, transforms, dodging maneuvers high up in the California airspace, and Rachel would notice the gap in difference being wider. Her old Gundam tried so hard to make the same moves and does them, albeit in wider arcs, and slower motion altogether. "Ok, Antonio, I seem to have underestimated this new Airmaster... Also has less engine noise... at least inside the cockpit..."

Still, in the end the performance wasn't that groundbreaking compared to the old Airmaster. But according to Rachel's analysis it was comfortably better than the old Gundam in every single way. She didn't need to adjust much. After a few more maneuvers she lands back at the base, waiting to greet the chief engineer who made it all possible. There he was, standing so smug. "Whad'ya think, Ray-Ray?"

"Call me that again and I'll kill you." Rachel quips, and continues, "And it was pretty good."

"That's it, only 'pretty good'?"

"What am I supposed to say?"

"WErmm... Antonio thinks, but gives up. "Yeah, ok, pretty good is pretty good, I guess."

"So.... what's the weapon loadout?"

"You can drop the 1-shotty 2-rifle loadout and have a 2-shotty 1-rifle loadout," Antonio says. And he immediately sees 'SOLD!' on Rachel's eyes. He adds, "and the bit can have the same loadout as you do."

"Sweet!" Rachel says, hugging Antonio. She loves her beam shotgun. "Ohohoh, ok now..." Antonio struggles to free himself from the death grip. Rachel immediately sees Antonio's wife in the distance and stops at a potentially embarrassing situation, and salutes, "I mean... many thanks, Antonio... now, I am tired and I need to go to bed."

"Hah, ok, no problem Ray...chel! Read the manual til you fall asleep!"

Rachel walks towards the assigned quarters, when she remembers three of her fellow pilots going out. Part of her felt like coming to that pub and join them, but then, "I...wasn't invited! baaaaah!" She whines out loud, no one could hear as she grudgingly walks. It was 8 PM, and absolutely nothing to do.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai was wondering rather aimlessly brooding over that brief sight of Tallis during the speech. 'I will save you' at the end of every terrible possibility Gai repeated this mantra mentally. He found himself wondering through the medical wing of the base. Gai looked up to see a slightly Red Zangetsu.Standing in the hall. Zangetsu was clearly deep in thought about something murmuring under his breath. Gai figureed it would be a good way to get his mind off things for the moment.

"Oi Zangetsu something the matter?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Reimi-

She was about to head off into another part of the base, when she found herself face-to-face with someone she clearly mistook for someone else...

and promptly screamed at the top of her lungs before cautiously inching away. "Y-y-you're s-supposed to b-be dead!"
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Before Zangetsu could even answer a girl Gai didn't know rounded the corner and suddenly Screamed at him with a look of shear terror. Gai almost jumped in surprise.

"GAH!!! Sorry! I seem to really suck at dieing. I didn't mean to scare you! please calm down. I'm not a ghost or anything!"

He was talking quickly with a note of urgency; they were next to an infirmary and he didn't want her screaming to disturb the injured.

-Martin Snow-

after the cold shoulder from midrenn Martin had returned to the Highwind and taken to his quarters his mind rcing with thoughts of his future and occasionally images of June and thoughts of her future. His contemplations were suddenly interrupted when his personal PDA beeped, indicating an incoming message. He rose from his bed wondering who was contacting him. With a few deft taps of the screen a video began to play.

The head of his old Captain, Killian Icer, appeared. The bit of his shoulders that could be seen suggested he was wearing some kind of gold armor. The message was prerecorded so Icer spoke uninterrupted.

"Hello Lt Snow or is it Lt Commander now? I hope this message finds you well. I have some news of a personal nature for you. Your brother Hendor Snow is alive and well, However, he is fighting with the DC. he refused to tell me why he would betray us and it seems he's undaunted by the thought of fighting you. I am sorry to say if I meet him again I may have to kill him."

the video ended soon after and Martin unbelieving rewatched it several times. His brother was alive! the reason he so hated those DC bastards melted only to replaced by a nagging curiosity. His brother was a passionate person who wouldn't fight unless he had a good reason. Martin wanted to know; what was his brother fighting for?

Martin began to retrace recent events with this new desire and information in mind. The raid on Aidoneus, Zero's death. The out of control spiral towards his own death and the death of those around him, particularly June. He was tired of it; sick of it. Martin wanted to change something to get away from this stupidity.

In the end he came up with several possibilities but he needed more information. He needed to Know what the future held if he stayed. He was aware of what Kalen would want, to run after Zero and chase him straight to the grave, but what of Midrenn. Martin had never gotten a clear answer from him. Martin rose pocketing the PDA and set out to get a clear answer from the snake.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Reimi-

After a moment, she started to realize that it wasn't who she thought it was...

"Um... sorry about that... I thought you were someone else." She quickly bowed in apology after stopping and spoke in a much calmer tone, but still a bit worried, she asked the man something. "Um... you're not Wan?"
Wedge14

Fifteen smirked, "I'll show up in a little bit..Go on ahead of me." The thought of going out in public with a major made him a bit uneasy. He also didn't want to be the odd man out. So it was safer to play it safe. Plus he wasn't one for drinking.

"I'll be there in a bit, go on ahead..maybe i'll gather up the rest of our mates.."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Cybaster

-Morpheus and Masamune-

Morpheus nodded in turn as Elya described whatever she could of the network behind the Dark Star Knights --- and it was certainly one large network, Morpheus frowned inwardly. From the core members in the Prince, Cain and Miser, to the underlings --- Elya, Black Mage (Masamune noted in turn that neither of them had actually seen any sign of Black Mage in the past few hours; Had he actually defected again? Masamune wondered.), Berith, Wraith, Zephyr, Marlene, Leon, Byakura, and the new guy, Shadow --- and then the ghost group known as the Reapers. It occurred to Morpheus that the Dark Star Knights were far more than a simple task force within the Fandom, contrary to what the common portrayals were, and it made sense as well. The Nova Prince would certainly want to keep that image to cause their enemies, and allies alike, to underestimate them. But from what Elya described, the Dark Star Knights were easily their own faction onto themselves, and certainly could rival the Fandom.

So given the talents and ambitions of the Nova Prince...why keep working for them?

In turn, Masamune's reaction --- to x_o at first at the mention of the Reapers, and then sneer derisively --- was far simpler than his CO's. "These Reapers are really that powerful? Well, don't worry, Elya --- even if they are powerful, Imbecile, I refuse to believe they're invincible. If they come for you, I'll slice their heads off. Simple."

To Masamune's comment, Morpheus did not react visibly. From Elya's tone of voice, even she was afraid of the Reapers --- and probably for good reason. If Elya said the Reapers were even worse than her or Black Mage, Morpheus believed her; But at the same time, Morpheus nodded assuringly, he chose the current cast of the Light Warriors for a specific reason, and Masamune's words had a modicum of truth to them as well. Any given character build or level --- unless they were Epic --- has their weaknesses. In the Reapers' case, it was probably simply a matter of finding out what those weaknesses were. "I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them, Elya." Morpheus answered in a comforting, gentle tone. "Do you know how many of these Dark Star Knights you described are currently stationed on Earth?"

-Midrenn-

When Martin walked to the closed doors in front of Midrenn Saphotte's quarters, Martin could hear Midrenn's voice seemingly talking to himself within his room --- the tone of voice Midrenn was doing so, however, was too loud, too focused to be doing that, and his next words soon made a painful fact apparent: that he was talking to someone else behind those doors.

"...shouldn't be here," Midrenn's voice rang out, muffled from behind the doors. "I thought we agreed only to...we were never supposed to meet face-to...time comes."

It was then, equally muffled, that another voice --- a woman's voice --- rang out opposite Midrenn's.

"...justifiably concerned. Your last transmission..." The woman replied in turn with a cold, derisive expression, causing Midrenn to frown. "...then the broadcast...cannot blame us for being anxious about..."

If Martin was to catch the conversation clearly, however, he would have to risk listening in at the door --- and coming closer.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai breathed a sigh of relief when she finally seemed to calm down. Then she said something most puzzling.

"Wan? as in Wan Fey Lo?" Gai quickly raised his arms and indicated almost with his entire body that he was not. "no no no; I'm definitely not Wan. I'm Gai, Sume Gai, but you can call me Night Chaser, right Zangetsu?"

-Martin Snow-

Martin knew it would be proper to knock but he doubted that would get him anywhere with 'the snake'. And so, looking around to make sure he was alone, he leaned in closer to the door careful not to make a sound.

Omega

-Reimi-

After he pointed out that he wasn't who he said he was, Reimi let out a sigh of relief... though she did give him a quiet glance-over.

"Certainly enough to tempt a girl..." Realizing the train of thought she was taking, she quickly shook her head and introduced herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you Gai. i'm Reimi, Reimi Saionji."
Cybaster

(Omega: Whoops.)

-Emily and Kirie-

"Ummmm..." Emily stepped forward, waving a hand in front of Zaine's eyes to see how attentive he was being. "You alright?"

Kirie shook his head and stepped up as well, standing next to Emily.

"We saw Tallis, too." Kirie simply said, looking apologetic. "So yes, you're probably not okay. But hey --- throughout history, there's always been an action and a reaction, a sort of balance. Nothing manmade was ever unfixable; It might be hard, it might even seem impossible, but I'm sure there's always a solution to getting Tallis back."

-Midrenn-

Martin listening at the door revealed only more bad news --- and a female voice that might be eerily familiar to him.

"I won't back out of our bargain, you know that, Miss Greye," Midrenn's voice, now clearer, quickly reassured with firmness. "I want vengeance against Aelfhere, and as long as I get it, we won't be enemies. And the broadcast is the exact reason why the Black Knights are staying put for now --- the entire Fandom is up at arms over the Red Eagle's death right now, and if I move too soon, we'll all get shot down before even get out of Hawaii airspace, and that won't get you what you want."

"Right now, my...superiors aren't sure we will get what we want either way, Saphotte." Camilla Greye's voice retorted quickly. "I mean, do you even have a plan? Even if you can get the Black Knights out of Hawaii, how are you going to rally---"

Midrenn frowned loudly. "I'll worry about it once we get away from the Fandom. That's the first step."

"And short-term foresight like that will get you killed, Midrenn Saphotte. You don't even have a viable means of getting that girl to us."

"I fulfill my promises."

"And yet," Camilla snorted. "You tend to stall on them."

"You want the Lamperouge Bloodline!? You're not going to get it dragging June kicking and screaming from Hawaii, Camilla!" Midrenn retorted with a tone that was something close to anger. "I'm working on it. Give me more time. Let me do this my way --- just make sure you get the Fire Support I asked for when I make my move."

Camilla paused momentarily as if relishing in Midrenn's fury. "My, Saphotte, you're exactly like Lelouch sometimes --- serious problems controlling your impulses."

"You know nothing about his Excellency to be judging him at all, Greye."

Silence.

"Fine. Whatever. You can convince me all you want, but Admiral Richter wants June and the baby safely at Jaburo, along with the plans for the prototype Guren, before I move an inch---"

There was a loud pounding noise as if Midrenn had hammered a fist onto his table. "That's not what was agreed on!"

"Don't you think I know that? He doubts you, Saphotte. And let's face it, your so-called Black Knights weren't the most efficient and reliable of squadrons even when Lamperouge was still alive." Camilla sighed mockingly. "Men. I talked him out of it, of course, and into following the arrangement. But he wants you to move soon and at least bring June Uzuki and the Lamperouge Heir to Jaburo as quickly as possible --- as do I, Saphotte. Don't push our patience."

Another pause.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do. I'll try to accelerate our schedule." Midrenn finally agreed in a tone of slight resignation. "Just make sure you have that fire support ready, Camilla."

"It'll be ready when you are."

"Right."
Omega

(A good fist to the face'll help out)
-Zaine-

He stopped after Emily had gotten in front of him... and when Emily waved her hand in front of his eyes, he quickly caught the arm it was attached to. "No, i'm not Emily." then came Kirie's statement. "She's already gone..." From that, it wouldn't take much to figure that Zaine had come to the conclusion that her false memories had already become permanent.
Sume Gai

-Martin Snow-

He'd heard enough. Midrenn was running to the Federation, the mention of Jaburo had made this clear, and he was going to use June as the bargaining chip. The news of a baby was a surprise as well but against the other things he'd just heard it seemed like nothing.

Martin knew it; now there was nothing for him, or June, in the Black Knights. Kalen's path was simple suicide for petty revenge. While Midrenn's led to the corrupt Federation and June's being used as a tool, again, for revenge. Martin Moved away from the door again trying to be as quite as he could. He had several things to prepare if he wanted to save himself, no, to save June.

Cybaster

-Emily and Kirie-

"Kyaaaaaaaa!!!" Emily's next reaction was nothing Kirie ever expected: giving an annoyed, furious cry, Emily sauntered forward, narrowed her eyes...

And raised her right leg to kick Zaine in the groin.

"Um, Ems?" Kirie asked, sweatdropping. o_o;;; He couldn't believe what he saw, and could only stand there and stare --- did Emily just try to kick Zaine in the...? "That accomplishes what now...?"

"Don't say that, Zaine!!!" Emily yelled, shaking her fist. After Berith, Elya, Xiu, June, Lelouch and now Tallis and Zaine, Emily Stormgunner was absolutely sick and tired of all the pessimism --- and decided that she would draw the line on the next person to be giving her the negative attitude. She was a Roleplayer, Emily groaned, like her Aunt Stella before her; Emily would not stand idle and let hopelessness overwhelm everyone. Not anymore. "Don't act like Miss Tallis is gone and we can't get her back because we can! And we will! Why do you think Lelouch even bothered giving you that program if it was irreversible, anyway!? Were you even listening to Kirie? Even if it was supposed to be permanent, there has to be a way to undo it! There must be!

"We're Divine Crusaders; We do what we must because we can," Emily crossed her arms, turned away from Zaine, and gave an indignant 'hmmph'. "For the good of all of us, remember? Well, except the ones who are dead, but that's not gonna happen to Miss Tallis!"
SNT1

--Slug and Taylor--

"Mmmk, lates," the test pilot-turned-merc says as Taylor stepped on the gas and drove for a few seconds... to get to their destination. Maybe it was just Taylor trying to show how superior she is by getting a jeep for her own purpose whenever she wants.... wait, that sounds too much like that other Major...

With her in the lead, Slug follows as they step foot into the facility. It was shaped like a Western-style building, looking like the ones you find in those cowboy movies. Appropriate, seeing that the actual place is a desert, and this 'town' is only as big as a small truck stop in terms of actual civilians; the military installation makes it look livelier. One can see from the outside the people coming in and out are all wearing some sort of beige or army green.

Inside, however, did not invoke the rowdiness of old Western bars where everyone is only a few words away from having a brawl, and then a duel just outside. It was more like a typical alcohol place, the main difference being the military folk, of course. A few dwellers take a glance at the two, and some try to talk, but Taylor just gets closer to Slug and stops whatever they plan to say or do. Taylor leads Slug to take a seat in one of those tables. While Slug just orders a beer and some cheese fries, Taylor is more' sophisticated' and, uhh, girly, ordering some fruity bluish-green... thing in a skinny wine glass.

"Isn't it nice to relax? Better than work, right?" Slug says, leaning back on the seat.

"Perhaps," Taylor says, sipping. Despite the subtle response, Slug sees right through---her usually weary and busy look isn't present, she was just... chilling, She was more relaxed, that's for sure.

"So... how long do you think this leave will take?"

"Probably until tomorrow morning. But you're not on leave, Slug, the non-military member of the team, why are you out here?" Taylor questions, pointing back at Sidewinder's pilot.

"You, err... yes I am! shhh," Slug replies. Taylor just rolls her eyes at the man playing hooky... "Whatever..." She still did not like the idea of a non-Federation unit in their ship, but she has gotten used to it over time. And it's not like Slug doesn't follow orders or anything---his Ex-S has been such a major part of their missions---her personal orderliness just makes her a bit miffed at the non-military personnel in her command. In the end though, it's just a minor detail that bugs her just a bit when she thinks about it. "So... you've got plans when this war's over?" Taylor asks.

"Er, I'd still like to work with my company... but without the "flying" part... well, maybe, just a bit, I don't know. Haven't thought that far ahead... What about you?"

"I haven't thought that far either, maybe continue on being a general, or being a school teacher, or something---"

"Really. You seem like someone who's got every part of life planned and covered..."

"..I get that reaction alot."

-----

The two continue to talk, and the drinks on their table keeps piling on.

"Ahaheheh," Taylor comments, "I got this, I have...mountains of cash and gov'ment benefits," looking at their receipt, so far. Slug laughs along, until a clearly audible BOOOOOM just went through just outside. Taylor straightens up and looks outside the window. Slug also looks out, but just for a bit. "Anyways," Taylor says, trying to sound proper again, "That's more or less a norm in this establishment, see the people? They're not reacting much."

"Well, that was a Sidewinder engine that just went by. A new Sidewinder engine."

"Rachel's new ride? I heard she had to test drive it."

"Yeah, that's probably it. Lucky her."

"Don't tell me you're not happy with your Ex-S now?"

"I am, but the feeling of getting a new toy is just... whoo!" Slug says, in which Taylor rolls her eyes again. "Nerds."

"NERD? Ohoho, coming from you? Hahah, oh wow," Slug quips.

"What the heck is that supposed to mean huh?"

"You're like, the queen of all nerds, hah hah!"

"Shutup! Am not..."

<drinking continues>
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

(Just figured i'd give Emily that one)
-Zaine-

At first he was confused at Emily's cry, but then that expression changed when Emily kicked him... right in the nuts.

Zaine fell to his knees in pain... then he ended up glaring at Emily before he heard everything she said. Once she finished speaking he himself had little to say... "They'll keep her off the battlefield until her false memories become permanent... Even if there is a way to get her back... the odds of it happening while she's with Kayla are slim to none... unless..."

After a moment, some life returned to his eyes, almost as if grateful for Emily's racking him... then came the question that had been bugging the heck out of him.

"Did you really have to kick me there of all places? What the heck's you're leg made out of, steel?!" Implying that it hurt pretty bad.
Cybaster

-Emily and Kirie-

"She's been, uh..." Kirie winced at that, glancing sideways at Emily uneasily. Emily was, now in more ways than metaphorically, Morpheus' student, after all; Who knows what Morpheus taught the girl? At least it wasn't like Emily actually learned that Steel Leg martial arts from that 'Shaolin Soccer' movie or something... "Training with Morpheus lately. Maybe that would explain it..." <_<

Emily was still turned away from Zaine unapologetically.

"Still! That doesn't mean we can't get to her at all --- if the Fandom locks Miss Tallis away, we can always go in there ourselves! Or the DC'll attack Hawaii and we'll grab her then! There's always a way! Believe in it, Zaine!"