Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Chris
Administrator

Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

The last thread was several pages overdo for a new iteration, so here we are. Last post from the previous thread:
Mark064 wrote:From what I recall the option is there and it's up to the company if they wish to region lock their games. Few is any actually care enough to do it. So more then likely you are safe.

And the SD Gundam G Generation G Wars offical site is up. Nothing really to mention in terms of what's up as only the opening flash is up.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hotlimit

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

(on SD Gundam G Gen Wars) I can't even get the flash to show up on any browser... either way I hope it's going to be like an update to F which had just about every suit and supporting unit from every series. Although I hope it WON'T be like F in that you needed to complete every scenario to unlock the latest show (Turn A in the case of F, but in this case it would be 00). Not that I wouldn't play through every show eventually, but that's an awful lot of Gundam!
Heecarl_Reez

A new g gen with 00 included is certainly wonderful.I don't know if it'll bring something huge(units lineup) like the F.G gen games are tend to be easier to access lately IMO.okay,waiting for further news,but here's hoping i can trans-am raisering sf.
hotlimit

Heecarl_Reez wrote:A new g gen with 00 included is certainly wonderful.I don't know if it'll bring something huge(units lineup) like the F.G gen games are tend to be easier to access lately IMO.okay,waiting for further news,but here's hoping i can trans-am raisering sf.
In G Gen F I had a few teams of Wing and Wing Zero... I wonder if they're going to allow a whole slew of 00-Raisers?
I'm dying to know what format the game is going to be. The console games usually go by series (like you play through Z, ZZ, CCA, etc.), while the portable games mash all the stories together. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to play it though, I just found out Japanese PS2s (and their gmaes) are crazy expensive!
Mark064

hotlimit wrote:(on SD Gundam G Gen Wars) I can't even get the flash to show up on any browser... either way I hope it's going to be like an update to F which had just about every suit and supporting unit from every series. Although I hope it WON'T be like F in that you needed to complete every scenario to unlock the latest show (Turn A in the case of F, but in this case it would be 00). Not that I wouldn't play through every show eventually, but that's an awful lot of Gundam!
If they chose to go in the style of F it would probably be in the same style of SD Gundam G Generation G Spririts which was released for the PS2 a while ago and basically it was quite an advanced version of F however was just limited to UC Gundam. This would be the style I'd prefer too. But I don't think we'd be treated to the same thing as F where they had to unlock Turn A Gundam. Turn A Gundam in F was more of a hidden scenario and didn't even feature the whole story.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
speedstriker

Mark064 wrote:
hotlimit wrote:(on SD Gundam G Gen Wars) I can't even get the flash to show up on any browser... either way I hope it's going to be like an update to F which had just about every suit and supporting unit from every series. Although I hope it WON'T be like F in that you needed to complete every scenario to unlock the latest show (Turn A in the case of F, but in this case it would be 00). Not that I wouldn't play through every show eventually, but that's an awful lot of Gundam!
If they chose to go in the style of F it would probably be in the same style of SD Gundam G Generation G Spririts which was released for the PS2 a while ago and basically it was quite an advanced version of F however was just limited to UC Gundam. This would be the style I'd prefer too. But I don't think we'd be treated to the same thing as F where they had to unlock Turn A Gundam. Turn A Gundam in F was more of a hidden scenario and didn't even feature the whole story.
Yeah, this is basically what I'm hoping for as well. I think it's about time that G Gen discovered its own niche of gameplay by combining the features of "F" with a few tweaks from Neo and SEED. The building capture feature, IMO is a much better bonus reward system than Haro Points, and the character unlock system of SEED makes much more sense to me. Among other things, I think SEED handled the Master Unit system mch better than Spirits, where it would allow only people from their squad to assist in the attack. All in all, G Gen still seems uncertain about which direction they want to take their franchise. I thought that Neo and SEED was their mostly solidified form, but after Spirits, everything changed again. Hopefully they will learn their lessons from past games and deliver an amazing G Gen for the 30th Anniversary.
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
hotlimit

Dang, I don't have a Japanese PS2, so I wasn't able to play SEED, Spirits, or any console game after F for that matter.

Honestly in F I only aced a few units (way too hard for me) and used those card passwords to get all of my favorite MS. I'm partial to the portable system where you surround enemy units to capture them and deconstruct/build suits during intermissions. Still, those portable games are completely different and I'm sure Wars will be closer to Spirits than anything else.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

hotlimit wrote:Dang, I don't have a Japanese PS2, so I wasn't able to play SEED, Spirits, or any console game after F for that matter.

Honestly in F I only aced a few units (way too hard for me) and used those card passwords to get all of my favorite MS. I'm partial to the portable system where you surround enemy units to capture them and deconstruct/build suits during intermissions. Still, those portable games are completely different and I'm sure Wars will be closer to Spirits than anything else.

You could, if you mod you're PS2 or get a swap magic disc.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
hotlimit

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:
You could, if you mod your PS2 or get a swap magic disc.
I've been down that road before. I got my PS2 modded (really expensive, but that was back when I had money to burn) and it lasted me two great years. Now it barely plays real games, and no copies to speak of (let alone real Japanese games).

One of my friends has gone through FIVE modded PS2s, another of my friends went through two, and yet another one of my friends just layed his only PS2 to rest. My friend with five's latest was a slim, and its laser melted last week. They've got them modded in Hong Kong, Toronto, California (I don't know where), and ordered off the internet.

If you can point me in the direction of a place where people sell cheap, original (not slim), modded PS2s that will last, I'm all ears.

Heh, I must've been one of the lucky one ones then. Because I've had a modded PS2 for years now, and I've only had one real problem: That being the laser disc stopped working. All I had to do was take it back to the place where I got it modded, they fixed it for free.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Mark064

Yeah I've had good expereinces too. My PS2 has lasted around 4 years since it's been modded, a short while after I got it there was problems but they had a warranty so they replaced it for free. All my friends that got it modded haven't had any problems either (unless it was their own fault).
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
hotlimit

Hmm, I must have gamed it to death. No idea about my friends' though, they don't play nearly as much as I do. My place only had a 6 month warranty, and I'm pretty sure they are out of that shady business now (they get periodically raided by the police).

Anyway, to get back to a less gray-area, I've been spoiled by American pricing. Ever since the PS3 came out, I've been able to get any PS2 game I want used for around 10 dollars, and any new one for 20 (new releases are 30, but go down pretty quickly). Wars is going to run around 6,000yen... I didn't even pay that for Gundam vs Zeta Gundam, although I might if they'd release Omni vs Zaft II plus, argh... At any rate, it's STILL cheaper than a PS3, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining that much.

hotlimit wrote:Hmm, I must have gamed it to death. No idea about my friends' though, they don't play nearly as much as I do. My place only had a 6 month warranty, and I'm pretty sure they are out of that shady business now (they get periodically raided by the police).
Well, I got mine modded at a shop. So it was done by professional hands

Anyways, G-Gen Wars looks promising. I'm hoping we'll be getting an SRW-style gameplay out of it. Though I didn't mind the select-a-series thing they had going on in G-Gen UC.

hotlimit

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote: Well, I got mine modded at a shop. So it was done by professional hands
Lol, obviously I got mine modded in a shop, it wasn't some back alley with a coat hanger and soldering iron.
hotlimit

New (?) screens of SD G Gen Wars including the Trinities, Stargazer, and all the alternate universe mains:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0904/game090406d.shtml
Heecarl_Reez

Yup,Spirits Graphic style confirmed, guess they want to optimize the characters cut in scene now(Looking good so far IMO).Although no,2nd season of 00 unit for now,hope they'll include it later.
MindlessFire

Well it is only 70% complete, would could the remaining 30% be?
J-Lead

I'm surprised this wasn't posted yet.

Well, at least it's safe to say that the cinematics are nicely done. :)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Heecarl_Reez

Well the G gen Wars site had its Grand opening a few days ago,aside from some image,there's a brief introduction to the game system,anyone want to translate it?And the graphic for UC units seems taken directly from the Spirits:D...Anyway with more units to come,aside from 2nd season unit,maybe they'll insert Unicorn this time 8) .
Mark064

After finally getting to try Gundam vs Gundam Next and using the Turn X. Well there was no point to say that really. But Turn X was awesome.

As for the site opening there isn't too much on the game systems page. The first point is just saying how stuff from First Gundam to 00 appear. Second point is about the Wars Break system I'm not sure about the details but from what I've heard certain events greatly change the flow of battle. And third final is a listing of stuff which is over 30 series, 50 stages, 600 units, 600 characters. As a comparison G Spirits had over 60 stages.

Other important things to note is that the series list added MSV and also says and more.