Episode 19 - ...Is My Friend [Axis]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 19 - ...Is My Friend [Axis]

~January 16, Universal Century 0088~
~13:15 Coordinated Universal Time~

- Open Space, Near Axis -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Pizal Wald, in one of his nicer battle dress uniforms, stood proudly in front of the bridge windows as the Bindra traveled a distance from the main Axis fleet. He felt honored that his ship had been chosen to act as one of the forward scouting units that would prepare the rest of the fleet for the return of the true Zeon to the earthsphere. Somewhere ahead of them was A Baoa Qu, which the Federation had arrogantly renamed The Gate of Zedan after the war. “For Haman-sama and the Zabi family, we’ll punish them…” he muttered, his eyes narrowing. The place he had called home for years, the asteroid Axis, was already hurtling through space at A Baoa Qu.

A temporary deal with the AEUG would allow them to strike a heavy blow to the Titans and the Federation when it collided with their Gate of Zedan. An earlier ruse by Lady Haman had allowed them to damage the engines of Gryps 2. Eventually they would sweep aside both the Titans and the AEUG on their way to Earth. “Sir,” his helmsman reported, snapping a salute, “We have been instructed that we are to observe the enemy until the signal is given,”. Capt. Wald nodded reluctantly. They were orders that came from Lady Haman, and they had to be followed. The Bindra could wait for its chance to strike at Mineva’s enemies. He made a mental note to ask Julian Meighan about the AEUG’s combat strength again…
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Sume Gai

-Observation Deck-

It was rare the Kenneth showed what one might call sentimentality but even he couldn't help it when he learned that he would be returning to A Baoa Qu. It was the first and last place he'd fought during the whole of his life as a solder.

Part of Kenneth wanted to reclaim what was rightfully the property of the Zabi family but 8 years in federation hands had defiled it beyond redemption. Kenneth would be glad to see this 'Gate of Zedan' fall and crumble to dust as those foolish Titans scrambled away like the rats they were.

Kenneth checked his watch, one his father had given him many years ago just after the war for independence broke out, and realized the time was drawing close now. As the flight lead for this ship He needed to be ready to launch at a moment's notice and as such couldn't afford to waste anymore time on 'sentimentality'. He began the short journey to the ready room.

-Hanger-

Shellia pushed away from the last of the pink machines, the Gaza-C's. The machines and many of the mechanics, much like her, were green. thus the head mechanic had insisted time and again that they run through the paces of checking the machines till they could do it blindfolded.

'I could do this whole group blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back' Shellia smiled at her own thought as she gazed 'down' at machine she had just finished for the umpteenth time. Even if it wasn't the most complicated piece of equipment she'd worked on Shellia couldn't help but revel at how amazing the machine was.

Just 10 years ago many wouldn't dream of such things existing at all save in some ancient cartoon but here in front of her was the face of modern warfare, The Mobile Suit. Shellia's easy smile turned into a frown, 'warfare....' Why had humanity come so far only to still be obsessed with such things? Surely there was no reason to fight over land anymore since they could make more than humanity would need for centuries to come; there were certainly enough riches in the vastness of space to satis-

"Umphf" without realizing it Shellia had drifted right into the wall of the hanger. She had, lost in thought, forgotten what was behind her and naturally smacked headfirst into it. Sheepishly, she looked around to see if anyone had seen her mistake it seemed no one had.

"hehe, guess that's what I get for not paying attention." She spoke to herself as she rubbed the back of her helmet
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

(Huzzah! =D)

-Julian-

"Is there something you wanted to ask me, Captain?"

On cue, impeccably, 2nd Lieutenant Julian Meighan --- now Haman Knight Julian Meighan --- strode onto the bridge at Wald's unspoken thought, walking over to the starboard side windows and standing there with an impassioned glance into the space beyond. He had looked considerably different than when anyone saw him last, long hair now neatly groomed, posture straightened --- then again, when anyone last saw him, he was still in an AEUG Uniform, which was now replaced by the regal-looking green-and-grey uniform of a Haman Knight; It was a shame there was nobody who managed to see both sides of him to notice the difference, and even if there was, they'd be dead by now; Julian would've seen to that.

They would notice that Julian Meighan, now that he had finally thrown off the facade of a Zeon recon veteran, the complacent AEUG pilot, once again had fire in his gaze, a passion for his work --- the zeal which he had lost somewhere in between now and then had returned in full, by Lady Haman's will.

By Queen Mineva, Julian snarled inwardly --- even though Mineva did not officially hold that title, to Julian his Mineva would always be that Queen, the one destined to hold the Earth Sphere in her pure, innocent hands --- It's damn good to be finally out of that oppressive costume. The first action Julian took upon arriving back amongst his comrades-in-arms (aside from completing his mission and giving the information he gained from the AEUG to Haman personally) was to make sure to have his old AEUG uniform burnt, of course. There would be no looking back for Julian, no regrets at all; Just the true destiny that awaited him and his purpose to help Haman and Mineva take the Earth Sphere. After Gihren's malevolence botched that chance up for so long, it was about damn time.

Not to mention that there were still some loose ends in the AEUG Julian would see to cutting when he got the chance; The Chuikov was now a distant memory, and good riddance to it. But Caroline...Julian shook his head, and left it at that. Next time he saw her --- on opposite sides, anyway --- Caroline Tucker would not survive the encounter.

After the brief glance, Julian turned around and saluted Wald properly; He was an observer here, after all, and everyone here was someone he could trust implicitly with his dreams. "Captain Wald. Is there something on your mind, sir?"
Last edited by Cybaster on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wedge14

-The Bindra-
-Hangar-

Gwen was floating around the pilot ready room. Sipping on a container of Iced Tea which had done an impressive job of giving her an immense sugar high. She was humming aloud to herself kicking off the walls and doing all kinds of graceful spins and flips.

When she first heard that Lt. Baromsky had fallen ill and she would be moved up to a full time pilot, she was paralyzed with fear. Fact is she actually started to cry when Commander Graden broke the news.

Right now was a different story though. She was just excited to be able to do things instead of follow the senior pilots around taking notes and answering the same questions over and over again. If the other pilots were willing to accept her, that wouldn't be up to her.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

-The Bindra-
-Hangar-

Seeing the earth float peacefully in space had tightened Nikolai's throat, it almost felt like he was home again. However, the Bindra was no substitute for Side 3 and he knew it would be different when they returned to Zeon to liberate his people from the puppet government. Its all he thought about when he wasn't on stand by, and when he had a break he would stare at the earth. Not longing to be on it, but because it had been so long since he had last seen it. But there would be time to think about all of that later, as he was now on stand by. Wouldn't want to be attacked by one of there "allies" unprepared.

Entering the ready room he half expected at least one other pilot to be there, but not for them to be performing a floating ballet and humming. Gwendoline was one of the pilot trainees that had been learning the ropes, though Nikolai himself was barely more experienced then her. He watched her flip around in the weightless environment for a moment and couldn't help but realize she was rather cute.

"What song is that Petty Officer Brouillé," he didn't recognize the tune she was humming, and since it was rather nice he figured he'd ask.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

Djorn was only a few paces behind Nikolai, though coming from a different direction to enter the ready room. He too, was humming a tune and as he passed through the door muttered a few of the words: "Zeon, Zeon uber alles."

He almost bumped into Nikolai and had a scowl for him before noticing Gwendoline bouncing around. With a grin, he joined her, performing a lazy somersault that carried him across the room perpendicular to her path and passing only a few inches behind her.

"Practicing maneuvers?" he asked. "It's much harder with a few tons of metal around you."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Wedge14

-Bindra-
-Ready Room-

Gwen didn't even blush when two officers caught her in a seemingly embarrassing act. She continued bouncing about gracefully adjusting herself passing by the few objects in the room with ease.

"Why Ensign Nikolai! It's some song I heard on the radio....Fulmine?" She said with a giggle as Ensign Dorn joined her.

"Mr. Huldah always said it was important to mind your surroundings." Gwen said in between sips of her iced tea, as she set her feet on the ceiling and stood there.

"I's so shocking to be put on active duty so soon." She exclaimed. "We need to conserve as much of our resources as we can! I need to practice any way I can!"

The Loser Villain

-Bindra-
-Ready Room-

Nikolai couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of him. His XO had joined in with Gwendoline and he let out a light chuckle.

"I guess I'll have to listen to the radio sometime, see if I hear it." Gwendoline was rather hyper, and he wasn't sure if it was because of nerves or the iced tea she was drinking.

What she said about being put on active duty was a bit worrisome. Would she be ready to go into combat so soon?

Floating over to his locker he rummaged around for a moment and pulled out a book.

"Take a look at this then Gwendoline," he said tossing the book to her where she stood on the ceiling. "Its a Rick Dom manual, a bit outdated, but the notes written in there by the pilot are quite helpful. It was given to me in school, seems they had a whole mess of them when they came to Axis. There are a few notes crammed in the back on the Gaza-C too."

He then went back in his locker and pulled out a protein bar and opened it. "Of course," he then took a bite, "I'll need it back at some point."

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

"That's right. You have to be aware of your surroundings," Djorn replied as he floated backwards towards one of the walls of the room. At the last moment he reoriented himself so that he was standing on it, looking up at the other two. It took only a slight motion to slide down the wall and come to rest sitting on a couch.

"It's not shocking! It's awesome! It's about time we got a chance to show those dirt grubbers that they can't push us around."

He was soon on his feet and leaning over Nikolai's shoulder to look at the book in his hand. "A manual from the war? Very nice. I'd like to take a look at it when Gwen's done if you don't mind."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Wedge14

-Bindra-
-Ready Room-

Gwen was wideeyed as she reached for the book.

"Wooooow!" She exclaimed thumbing through it. "Are you sure I can borrow it? Sounds like Ensign Djorn wants to get a look at it too" She said with a slight giggle and a sharp kick off the ceiling and a well time somersault.

"I'm sure a book like this would be useful for all of us...Thank you so much Niki" Gwen said with a smile as she plopped down on the couch next to Djorn so he could catch a peek at the manual as she flipped through it.

She was overwhelmed with how helpful everyone on the ship was to her. Her shipmates really seemed to be looking out for her. It was a shame there wasn't much she could do back.

Deus

Bindra
-Hangar-

Lasis quietly entered the hangar deck, on the lookout for his newly assigned Gaza-C. The Gate of Zedan, often called A Baoa Qu by his shipmates; was getting ever closer. And as it did, Lasis' unease grew steadily. He did not doubt why he was here. He knew those reasons, and all the logical arguments about why he should help restore the Zabi name - by heart. But as the prospect of real live combat grew larger, Lasis thought back to that time he spent with the handful of survivors from Operation Stardust. He remembered those grizzled faces, some bloodied; but most of all he remembered the look of pride on their faces.

Those men, long forced to flee from their mortal enemies, had stood up and struck a blow for the glory of Zeon. He saw it in their faces - the joy they felt at having gotten their revenge and surviving to tell the tale. Lasis wondered if, when his turn came, he could follow their example. He could only hope he would be as brave of them when he entered into battle. But in the meantime, he had a ritual of sorts to perform. He floated around inside of the Bindra's hangar deck, scanning it with his eyes.

He saw mechanics, most of whom were green, practice their skills on the ship's MS. He saw Shellia with her back to the wall, rubbing the back of her helmet. He wondered about that for a brief moment before he spotted his Suit. Hoisting himself up and planting his feet firmly on a nearby railing, Lasis kicked off and floated in space towards his Mobile Suit. The pink color scheme offended his eyes same as always, but the machine was still Zeon and so Lasis chose to avoid thinking about how much he loathed the color scheme. Maybe someday if he proved his ability as a pilot they'd honor him by allowing him to customize his unit's colors.

Bah! Who am I kidding? I'd probably be lucky if they didn't laugh at the request. Lasis thought to himself as he drifted closer to the Gaza-C - his path moving him a few feet in front of Shellia, and when he got close enough he calmly rotated in order to land feet first on the cockpit hatch of the Gaza-C. Once firmly planted upon it, he looked up into the suit's mono-eye. And he smiled, thinking about his parents back home. "Mom... Dad. I finally did it. I became a pilot for real. I'll get your homeland back for you - for all of us. Just you wait."

Looking around to make sure none of the maintenance crew would be interrupted by his actions, Lasis reoriented himself so that he floated just off to the right side of the cockpit hatch, where he manually opened the hatch. Once it was open, he sat down inside and began running through his own systems check. He saw no reason not to. He was an experienced Mobile Suit mechanic, he knew how to run down a checklist. And he trusted select few others with the maintenance of his own MS. Lasis silently remained there, running his checklist, and hoping nobody took exception to his presence in the cockpit.
The Loser Villain

-Bindra-
-Ready Room-

"Take your time with it," said Nikolai with a grin at hearing Gwendoline call him 'Niki'. "I've read it from cover to cover so many times."

Taking another bite from his protein he watched them thumb through the book.

"I hope it helps," he said not sounding as upbeat as before, "Things are going pick up soon."

Even though he was elated to return to Side 3, he knew there was a good chance he could die. Especially if they came up against experienced pilots.

Quickly trying to cover up he change of attitude he beamed again, "But, we'll take back the homeland!"

Fritz Ashlyn

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Wald turned with a raised eyebrow at the sound of Julian’s voice. Meighan had managed to approach him at the bridge windows almost soundlessly thanks to the low gravity. Wald tapped the brim of his helmet in a salute. "Captain Wald. Is there something on your mind, sir?" Julian asked astutely. The captain clasped his hands behind his back and nodded slightly. “There’s a lot on my mind,” he said thoughtfully, his eyes narrowing as he looked out into space ahead of the ship. Like he had several times since being introduced to Julian, he said, “You’ve served Haman-sama well, lieutenant. Soon, the rest of us will have the opportunity to do our part to restore the Zabi family to power,”. His voice contained no hint of doubt. He continued, “Specifically, I would like to discuss the AEUG forces with you again,”.

He cast a glance back at the bridge crew to make sure everyone was still doing their job. “I have been informed that our temporary cooperation with them is just that: temporary. With the Argama and their major combat fleets occupied at A Baoa Qu dealing with the Titans, other parts of our fleet will be securing the Gryps 2 colony laser,” he explained. “While our instructions at the moment are to observe our enemies,” he said, a faint smile appearing on his lips, “I will not hesitate to engage them if our ship is in danger,”. He did not elaborate on who he meant by “them”. The AEUG and Titans were both enemies, agreement or not. Instead he continued, “If we are ordered to engage the AEUG or have to defend ourselves, I’d like to know a bit more about their abilities,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Cybaster

-Julian-

"Certainly." Julian began, and straightened himself with his arms at his waist. It was time to see again whether all the work, all the patience he had for the AEUG and all the tolerance he forced himself to come up with had been worth the trouble. After what he's seen in the AEUG and what he's had to deal with, Julian certainly hoped so; There would be no leftover comraderie in Julian Meighan's heart for the AEUG, and when the fighting started there would be no mercy.

And he didn't doubt that the AEUG would be enemies in the long run, either --- at this moment, the AEUG was pretty much just a fancy term for a Federal Forces task force, one the Federation is using to rectify their own mistakes in establishing the task force known as the Titans. When the final moment comes, the AEUG, not the Titans, would be the Earth Federation's fiercest defenders.

"The main worry about the AEUG forces are their pilots --- most, if not all of them are veterans of the One Year War and are initially from the Federal Forces. They'll be very experienced, and hard to catch off-guard. Some of their aces, though, are from the old Principality, so they know our basic tactics." Julian explain with a frown, wondering how James MacAlpin found the guts in him to remain with the AEUG. The boy was more integral than Julian gave him credit for; At first, all Julian saw MacAlpin to be was a tool that Axis could use, but Jim surprised even him --- proving himself of more than just empty bravado and equally empty words. Julian was forced to admit that he was impressed; Misguided in thinking the AEUG was worth anything, but impressed nonetheless. If Jim ever changed his mind, Julian would now welcome him instead as a comrade-in-arms. "The bulk of the AEUG's MS forces consist mainly of two kinds of Mobile Suits, aside from the specialized units like the Methuss or the Hyaku Shiki; One was the Nemo, which is basically a Federal GM upgraded to this era. There might be variants, though, so be careful.

"The other is the Rick Dias, and those are reserved for aces. They're built on the concept of the Rick Dom, but much more resilient due to their armor material and equipped with beam weapons. And don't underestimate their manueverability, either, despite how bulky they look. There're also a few variants being designed for the Rick Dias to give them extra weapons for a wider range of roles. And one last thing to remember: their cockpit is in the head, not the torso. It's a favorite to mistake them."
Last edited by Cybaster on Sat May 23, 2009 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
King Monkey

When Gwen sat next to him, Djorn tossed an arm casually across her shoulders and took the unspoken invitation to review the book with her. He was immediately fascinated by not only the advice and notes that were in the book, but also by the fact that it had been written by a hero of the One Year War.

"That's right. Everyone can use some improvement. Even me," he replied to Gwen's comment. He was awfully confident for someone who'd never flown in combat.

"Ha! The Homeland? We'll take back everything!" Djorn exclaimed, his arm leaving Gwen's shoulders as he punched the air to punctuate his point. "We'll show those dirt grubbers the error of their ways and all the other colonies will fall in line, too. Soon, everyone will follow the glory and wisdom of the Great Principality of Zeon!"

Wedge14

Gwen sat quietly trying to hide the fact that her face went red, when Djorn pulled oldest move the book on her. It was easy too, the book did have a lot of extra notes in it, thought a lot of it didn't make much sense to her. Someone like Lt. Graden or Lt. Baromsky would be able to provide a lot of added insight.

The excitement from the boys was actually rather contagious. Gwen could barely remember Side 3 but the thought of returning to her 'home' was amazing. She giggled as she added her own cheer to the lot.

"It's going to be so wonderful to just to see home!"

The Loser Villain

-Bindra-
-Ready Room-

Nikolai grinned, it was clear that Djorn was ready to fly straight down the throats of the Titans, the Earth Federation, the AEUG and whoever else was dumb enough to get in his and Zeon's way. Gwendoline, well she seemed eager, but he didn't know how far she'd go. Nikolai, and as far as he knew Djorn, would be prepared to take the next step and if ordered help send a colony crashing to earth, it was what they were raised to do. At least, he felt he could. But Gwendoline, well he'd reserve judgment.

"Well," he said looking at his watch, "Lets at least get some work done. The tech monkeys probably have a list of things to go over with us before our 'birds' ever launch."

He popped the last of his protein bar in his mouth and headed for the exit to the hangar.

King Monkey

Djorn groaned, but propelled himself off the couch and toward the door. "You're right, Nik," he said. It seemed it was almost impossible for him to call anyone by their proper name. Pretty much everyone got a nickname from Djorn. "I'm sure there's a ton of stuff to be done."

Given how short the manpower was in Axis, he'd been pressed into maintenance and repair service before. Normally, he didn't mind. He was happy to do whatever needed to be done for the glory of Zeon, but now that they were so close, it seemed tedious to have to do technical work. He needed to FLY! He needed to FIGHT!

He turned at the door to give Gwen a wink and a grin as she blushed. "Last one there has to clean the grease pit."

Sume Gai

-Ready room-

The door to the rest of the ship slid open to reveal the rather serious face of the team CO, Kenneth Graden. he glanced around the room. He counted three of his team members, four; if the back he saw exiting to the hanger was who he thought it was. He gave a silent nod before heading over to his locker and began putting on his normal suit.

"Get ready it won't be long now."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Loser Villain

-Bindra-
-Ready Room-

Nikolai was just at the exit, when the door opened to reveal Kenneth. This caused him to snap to attention immediately. He stayed still as the CO walked past them and over to his locker.

From behind he could hear Kenneth pull out his normal suit and say, "Get ready it won't be long now."

This isn't how he pictured it would be the first time they were going to launch into combat. In his mind there would be alarms blaring, lights flashing and the Captain's voice booming over the comm. They would then scramble to the hangar and hastily put on their normal suits and launch.

But, this was different. They were going to have time to suit up, check their gear and then launch under their own terms. All of this caused a bit of confusion for Nikolai.

But rather then yammer questions at his CO he turn about and went back to his locker and began to suit up himself.

Glancing at Kenneth he felt the need to know one thing. "Sir," he stammered, "Who are we fighting?"