Chapter 19: Trou de loup (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
The Big Zabowski

-Enlight-

Enlight listened in reverent silence to Iron Mask, having been in his presence long enough to know that his capabilities surpassed that of an Innovators, and her own.

"As you could probably tell, I had figured as much; especially when he sends someone like yourself on a diplomatic mission. I have to wonder though, was he really expecting that much of a fight?

And again, I also must apologize for my failure.. It was too soon.
"

Enlight was truly perturbed by the question she posed to IM. She thought she had it under control, but in its stead had cost almost the entire crew their lives in the foolish coup. For once in Enlight's existance..she felt remorse, and IM would probably sense that. At this point she was at her weakest..

It seemed the feeling of guilt over a failed duty was not just confined to one genetic subset in the Innovator stash.

As the pair approached Mina, Enlight looked up and appraised the pilot. The odd appearance as a..hooker ninja made her raise a slight brow and strike her from her former moment of guilt.

"I take it you've been planning this for a while.."

Enlight was slightly shocked at IMs address of Ms. Steinburg. Was she really going to serve with her..or under her?

Or was Enlight going to serve her? Talk about coming out of left field.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Kylern

delete
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

-Hendor Snow-

Hendor kicked lightly off the floor and propelled himself by Hellbore without a second glance. Again not openly hostile but at the same time not terrilby friendly. Hendor however glanced around as he entered the hanger as if looking for someone. It took only moments for him to spot an Orange haired mechanic, who Promptly waved at him.

Once again with the practiced ease of a spacenoid Hendor changed direction as he floated his gaze drifted up. Right in front of him the DC's newest self built machine, the blue and white Ashsaber, sat in a berth between two Huckebain Mk II M's. Hendor came to s top right in front of the mechanic who quickly spoke drawing Hendor's attention away from the mech.

"Ah good, just in time Lt. Snow. It's fully assembled and once we finish up here should be ready to go."

"So what exactly do you need me to do for these final adjustments?"

"Well we need to make sure the psycommu is tuned properly for that all you need to do is sit in the cockpit and do as we ask. It's the first time for most of us too so don't be nervous."

Hendor nodded and once again pushed himself off the ground this time towards the waiting cockpit, turning back to speak.

"Right, Lets not waste time; the Fandom rots further every second we sit idle."
Last edited by Sume Gai on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Nero

-Mina-

"Has the brigadier general asked you to give me an assignment?" Usually she didn't do a thing unless instructed so by him or one of his subordinates sent by him.

It was then she noticed Enlight, and all the innovator got was a cold stare for her statement.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Cybaster

-Iron Mask and Steve Livingstone-

"Do not apologize, Enlight. Some things are inevitable regardless of what you do." Iron Mask mentally replied to Enlight, addressing her primary concern first. "The Brigadier General had been expecting we might have to fight our way out, indeed...but he is simply preparing for any level required so that there is no oversight to begin with. In his field, that is how the Brigadier General tries to work."

Then, Iron Mask looked up and stared back at Mina. Enlight, he could understand. But what use was Mina to Livingstone? "No. The Brigadier General wanted to do that personally and see the both of you beforehand, Ms. Steinburg. There is something important regarding SNRI as a whole he would like to discuss."

"I'll take over from here, thank you."

Not long after Steve Livingstone's voice rang out from the opposide side of the Meditation Hall did the Brigadier General himself walk out, striding towards Enlight and Mina. Iron Mask stared, however, as if he was not expecting Steve's appearance; Instead of the Darth Sidious-wannabe he had always portrayed in front of Iron Mask, Steve Livingstone was instead dressed in the professional, white-and-grey uniform of a SNRI Intelligence Officer, short brown hair, small beard and blue eyes clearly visible. Iron Mask restrained the urge to sneer; It was as if Livingstone had changed into his old uniform simply to spite him.

Nonetheless, Iron Mask bowed slightly in greeting. "General."

"Your Diplomacy check was nicely made --- there was some attrition, but that cannot be helped. Well done in bringing Enlight to me unharmed." Livingstone nodded at that, and waved his right arm outwards in gesture. "You are dismissed for now, Iron Mask; Head out to sort your class build and await my orders."

"As you wish, General."

With a slight --- it was difficult to tell with the helmet on --- nod at Enlight, Iron Mask walked forward, past Livingstone, and was soon out of the hall and out of sight. After Iron Mask had left, Livingstone gave his two guests a greeting nod, stretching out a hand for due handshakes. "Miss Steinburg, Miss Endeavor, welcome to my personal base, Moonbeam." Steve began, acting surprisingly little like the Munchkin Master he was outside of Iron Mask's hearing. "As the next Plot Hook will be starting soon, we do not have very much time to waste, sadly.

"I'll get back to you shortly, Mina; Let's begin with you, Enlight. I would like you to tell me how we can mutually help each other, and what you expect of SNRI to do for you and your Innovators."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Nero

-Mina-

She nodded and walked back into the shadows, seemingly vanishing, though only the Briagdier General would know she was still there.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
The Big Zabowski

-Enlight-

"Let's begin with you, Enlight. I would like you to tell me how we can mutually help each other, and what you expect of SNRI to do for you and your Innovators."

Enlight straightened and nodded at Livingstone's inquiry.

"Sirene, Sir. The project seems to echo that which had created our very existence. A race of new super soliders. That is what we Innovators are, a new step in Human development; all brought on by the advent of GN particle matter. This new step had enlightened us and allowed a successful endeavor into interstellar colonization and humanity's spreading across space.

And it is the fact that it succeeded on some level for us, that I would like to bring Innovation to this Earth in order to defeat the false space farers in the form of the Fandom. If humanity is to spread amongst the stars, let us do it correctly.
"

Livingstone would find that her use of "us" when referring to Humanity was true. Tests and records would show that she was completely human, though with advanced constructs in her brain to allow for higher mental abilities. The fact that she was for the most part stable would also be of note. A schemer, but stable nonetheless.

But beyond the obvious, there was something else there too. A notion and belief of camaraderie being possible between SNRI and her Innovators.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cybaster

-Livingstone-

"Ah, yes..." Livingstone nodded as Enlight finished her explanation; he could indeed sense the willingness to establish camaraderie between her and SNRI itself, and it made him want to trust her more. But all in due time; Livingstone was not willing to say anything else on the matter --- for now --- until he had heard Mina's side of the story. "The Fandom hypocrites who pollute the Earth Sphere with their distorted beliefs, who forcefully hold us as Humans down from our full potential. In that vein, our goal is common, indeed."

Then Livingstone raised a finger at Enlight in a gesture of pause and turned around to face where Mina was.

"But I shall elaborate in a moment, Miss Endeavor. Miss Steinburg, now let's get back to you --- if I may ask, you have potential, from what I've seen of your file. You'd go far if you stayed within the regular Federation forces. Why join SNRI? What exactly motivated you to join us?"
Nero

(I intened to stay out for a week, but oh well... bunny her after this Cyb.)
-Mina-

She re-emerged from the shadows, and answered Steve.

"My reason... partly because the Federation seems corrupt to me, and partly because..." Her blush was hidden thanks to her headwear. "... I tend to be drawn to those with true power..."
Cybaster

-Livingstone-

Steve nodded and turned so that he was looking at both Mina and Enlight at once, arms behind his back.

"The strong devouring the weak or along those lines, I see." Steve replied, giving Mina a stern look. "Humans by themselves are weak, lonely, frightened. It has always been the way of Humanity to flock to those who bear strength for protection or to find their own strength. As history went on, we as Humans gained the strength to evolve in various ways for that new strength, to be looked upon --- your Innovators for example, Enlight, are those that possess a form of this strength."

A pause.

"The Strategic Naval Research Institute didn't start out with the strength it has now, Enlight --- at one time, it was a supplemental department within the Federation, and many of our projects were funded by them. Only time and results allowed SNRI to grow to greater autonomy, and then to its current state --- but despite this, most of us in SNRI still remembered that it was the Federation that allowed us to prosper in this manner." Steve's glance shifted to Enlight at that, analyzing her for a reaction. "Project Sirene, as you mentioned, started out in this manner, as a Federal Forces-funded project --- But I believe you'll appreciate the true magnificence of it once it all comes to fruition.

"Now, Enlight, you must understand that Project Sirene's true scale is not simply the creation of super soldiers for the Earth Sphere --- the SPARTAN Project is simply one component, one step, within the entirety of Project Sirene itself. In parallel to the SPARTANs, machines are being developed, facilities are being built. Under SNRI's planning, what had simply been a desperate project to help the Federation regain the advantage against the Fandom had turned into a full philosophy, one that will lead Humanity to a new harmony and will shake the foundations of the old, decadent Earth Sphere; A new harmony that you, and your Innovators, will certainly have a place in and can certainly help bring about.

"In that sense, Enlight, Mina...our goals are common."

Livingstone smiled at that. Enlights' intentions were genuine, and having seen the might of the Innovators in Tokyo, Livingstone knew that if he could get Enlight to agree with the true Project Sirene, it was all good to go. And perhaps, just maybe when all of it was over...Enlight and her followers would indeed have carved a place in the new world. If they did, they certainly deserved it.

"But while I am glad to be talking to you both, I must regretfully admit that not all is well with Project Sirene --- in particular, the place where you can help the most, Enlight." Livingstone looked up, his expression turning into a slight, unwielding bitterness. "Project Sirene used to be a Federal Forces-funded project --- and until when we are ready to unleash its true scale onto the Earth Sphere, the Federation must keep being assured of that perception. Some suspicious men within the higher-ups will simply not agree with it otherwise, or with me; That, however, is something I will deal with in due time.

"Rather, I am relying on you two to help me with something else."

Mina nodded silently.

"One among us within Project Sirene does not share the vision of the project itself, and is blinded by his own ambitions --- ambitions that can potentially derail the entire project and maintain the stagnation of the current ruling elite. A man secretly deranged with illusions of theocratic superiority --- a Holy Crusade against the world, to establish the dominance of the Roman Catholic Church." Livingstone's eyes narrowed in anger. "This man must be dealt with --- purged from SNRI to ensure Project Sirene remains uncorrupted. And that is where you two come in --- I shall send you both to Jaburo under the guise of assisting him against the Fandom, but be wary of his actions at all times...and when the time comes, I shall rely on you both to terminate him."

"Who is this man? Who is it we have to deal with?" Mina asked.

"That man," At that question, Livingstone lowered his head and stared intently at the two women. "Is the current head of the SPARTAN Project component of Project Sirene --- Rear Admiral Dorel Richter."
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nero

-Mina-

"All I'll need are his whereabouts, and I can do it, my lord." She souded a bit overconfident, but she needed a good excuse to demonstrate her abilities.

"Please... give me this chance to demonstrate my skills to you."
Heretic

-Mai-

She arrived at the briefing room to find it empty. Was she the first one there or did she have the wrong room? She double checked the sign on the door to make sure this was the main briefing room. It was. So nothing to do but wait.

Maybe she should have taken a quick shower? She didn’t quite smell but she was anything but fresh, her coveralls were clean but her face was still grimy with machine grease. She looked anything but like a pilot.

She sat in one of the chairs and waited for other pilots to arrive…
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Nero

-Riku/Risa-

They arrived shortly after Mai did, and took seats as well. Risa turned and waved at Mai while Riku was simply waiting for whatever.
hellbore

Grey Wolf

- Pilots -

Last to arrive came the final four pilots the Wolf had on board. They took their seats and waited patiently for the Commander to arrive.

- Maarek Stele -

Striding into the briefing room, Stele cast a quick eye over the assembled pilots and took his place at the podium at the front of the moon. Switching on the screen that took up the entire front wall, the image of the Arzachel Lunar Headquarters. Maarek quickly begun as trajectories and numbers begun flashing on the screen.

"The Grey Wolf has recently received word that our Headquarters on the moon has come under attack. The make-up and size of the enemy force in unknown at this time, but we are hoping that the base can hold on till we can arrive. Now this is our plan of attack..."

The veteran pilot went to explain the plan he had devised to repel the force from the Federation base. As he finished he paused and said directly to the assembled pilots, "I hope you understand this plan, as we assume that the enemy will outnumber us severely. Keep your head and you will get through this fine. Dismissed."

As the pilots stood up to file out, Maarek moved over to where Mai was seated. Looking over the civilian girl he remarked critically, "Are you sure your up for this?"

((The plan isn't important because we'll never get to Arzachel. Just pretend it was full of detail))
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls