Special 002 - The Megacon Contagion 2009!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
CanadaMan

Well it's not like you spoiled how he died ...
The Blond Ace Strikes!
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

CanadaMan wrote:Well it's not like you spoiled how he died ...
The Blond Ace Strikes!
Thank you. That's what I said. You see things the way I do.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Soul Bro Ryu

hawk of endymion wrote:Call it my "Soul Bro Spoiling the News" moment.
Don't mention me. This is totally your moment to shine. ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:Call it my "Soul Bro Spoiling the News" moment.
Don't mention me. This is totally your moment to shine. ^_^
Gotta take the heat off you till the next call-in show.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Robo Jason Mk1

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come on here after ripping my ear off(not really) to praise Soul Bro for saving me from Neo's Spoilerific Geass ending, and what do I find? Chris and Neo Talking about that Spoiler! I Did not rip my own EAR OFF(funny story) to see you mess up a good show for people like me! Now like how I ripped my ear off(It is funny,PM me for the tale) I will rip Neo and Chris off the internet and celebrate Gundamn with Soul Bro Ryu and Muffins!(My sisters idea of a good time) Now that better be messing around and not really the ending on this forum(Me keeping what little faith in you here) Or Ill Be Ripping you like My Ear!(Again with the Ear, it is not really gone, yet it's still funny)
hawk of endymion

Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come on here after ripping my ear off(not really) to praise Soul Bro for saving me from Neo's Spoilerific Geass ending, and what do I find? Chris and Neo Talking about that Spoiler! I Did not rip my own EAR OFF(funny story) to see you mess up a good show for people like me! Now like how I ripped my ear off(It is funny,PM me for the tale) I will rip Neo and Chris off the internet and celebrate Gundamn with Soul Bro Ryu and Muffins!(My sisters idea of a good time) Now that better be messing around and not really the ending on this forum(Me keeping what little faith in you here) Or Ill Be Ripping you like My Ear!(Again with the Ear, it is not really gone, yet it's still funny)
What I said is only a fraction of the R2 story, believe there are bigger twists that happen.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

CanadaMan

hawk of endymion wrote:
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I said is only a fraction of the R2 story, believe there are bigger twists that happen.
Look at it this way, when I was in Florida for Yasumicon, SoulBro hinted that Geass Ep 22 would pull the rug out from under my feet, and some random Con-goer at the Gunpla panel spoiled Euphemia's death for me. At that time, I was relying upon Cartoon Network (I think ... what channel were we on when Bebop came on?) for my Geass fix, so I was at the point where Diethard joined the Black Knights.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
thanatos

Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:I come on here after ripping my ear off(not really) to praise Soul Bro for saving me from Neo's Spoilerific Geass ending, and what do I find? Chris and Neo Talking about that Spoiler!
I've long since given up on trying to avoid spoilers for new shows. I doubt I'll even watch Gundam 00 for a few years since I pretty much know what is going to happen. Though this place isn't nearly as bad spoiler wise.

That was a great episode, though a lot of the summary of the Gundam franchise could have been left out. It's not like the podcast listeners don't already know all of that.
I laughed pretty hard at what the guys from Level Nine said about Gundamn! I want an entire episode of that: nothing but shame and disrespect to put all us Gundam fans in our place.

Series to recommend:
FLAG
Heroic Age
Gun X Sword

Series to avoid:
Overman King Gainer (I'm going to take a lot of flak for this)
Samurai Deeper Kyo (not mecha but still one of the only anime I've ever dropped)
Robo Jason Mk1

Sorry about that. I was going from laying roses at SBR's door to ripping my own ear off(The other one) so * THey Say it on the first page of this topic!

I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.
hawk of endymion

Robo Jason Mk1 wrote: I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.
The Area 88 OVA is pretty good too. Poor Shin, that man went through some crap.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Robo Jason Mk1

hawk of endymion wrote:
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote: I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.
The Recent TV series was good to. Don't get discourage by the CG it fits with that show.
Kavik Ryx

hawk of endymion wrote:
Area 88 is probably the best OVA I've seen in its entirety. Such a heart breaker though.

I second Thanatos on Flag, which is perhaps Takahashi's most human. Though I disagree with him on King Gainer. Definitely Tomino's funniest ever. And of course, GaoGaiGar can always use more love.

Oh, and Chris, consider yourself lucky you only saw the first MD Geist. It may have been god awful, but Death Force is actually painful to watch. Worst anime I've seen aside from Eiken. That one causes nausea as well.
Destiny_Gundam

I found Flag to be incredibly boring. Sure, it may have a real unique style of storytelling, but it's no good if I'm falling asleep during it. So I'd say avoid that one if you're sleep deprived. Or perhaps that's all the more reason to watch it. Could cure your insomnia.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
chainsandguns

Awesome podcast as always guys. Wasn't able to make it Sunday cause of work. Listening to the podcast I realized I totally phrased my last question wrong so I'll re-phrase the question:

"what do you guys think will be the future of gundam merchandise in the US?"
hawk of endymion wrote:
The TV series was good, but man, shin was one of the most crapped on characters ever.

Also on the note of Neo's spoiler: at least he didn't tell everyone how it happened(Though I think I might have yelled "Suzaku did it!" after the spoiler :twisted: )
PSN: Ed_The_Crimson
Twitter: @EdTheCrimson
Dropping The X
hawk of endymion

Kavik Ryx wrote:And of course, GaoGaiGar can always use more love.
And it will shortly. Anyone who doesn't enjoy GaoGaiGar has no soul.
Last edited by hawk of endymion on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Sume Gai

hawk of endymion wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:And of course, GaoGaiGar can always use more love.
And it will shortly. Anyone who doesn't enjoy GaoGaiGar has no soul.
true words have never been spoken.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Chris
Administrator

thanatos wrote:That was a great episode, though a lot of the summary of the Gundam franchise could have been left out. It's not like the podcast listeners don't already know all of that.
You have to remember that live shows need to serve two audiences. You can't assume that someone wandering into our panel at the convention knows as much as hardcore fans who visit MAHQ and listen to Gundamn. It doesn't hurt you to hear things you already know, but it would be a disservice to the live audience to not explain things they may not know.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
bertman4

Awesome show guys. There was some mike volume problems early on so SoulBro's comments are hard to hear in the first forum.

You guys missed some classic mecha series. The Mazinger (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, UFO Robot Grendizer, Mazinkaiser) and Getter Robo (too many remakes and OVAs to mention) franchises are some good old fashioned super robot shows.

Bertman

PS. I'm so glad you mentioned Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's a wonderful space opera.
hawk of endymion

bertman4 wrote:Awesome show guys. There was some mike volume problems early on so SoulBro's comments are hard to hear in the first forum.

You guys missed some classic mecha series. The Mazinger (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, UFO Robot Grendizer, Mazinkaiser) and Getter Robo (too many remakes and OVAs to mention) franchises are some good old fashioned super robot shows.

Bertman

PS. I'm so glad you mentioned Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's a wonderful space opera.
The room was in the old part of the convention center, so the acostics were sub par.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Momaru

Excellent show guys. I especially liked Chris's interview with the Funimation rep. It was very professional and he asked really good questions. I've heard his profession has something to do with journalism, and it definitely shows in this interview. What was that weird thumping noise in the background during the first segment though? It kind of sounded like someone taping a table over and over again.

The absolute worst anime I have ever had the displeasure of seeing is called Space Transformers. It has nothing to do with Transformers or space for that matter. Plus the DVD cover has poorly drawn versions of Kaneda and a gundam on it which obviously have nothing to do with the movie.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam