Chapter 18: Awake Valsion (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

-Zaine-

The moment Zangetsu mentioned Zaraki, Zaine's eyes widened with surprise at the realization of what just happened; that fox tried to take over...

"DAMNIT!"

He slammed his fist into the ground very hard, which inadvertently made it bleed.

"... Grr... How the hell am I going to control it?" His voice held anger and concern.
Lowind

"Nice special effects. Never had the luxury of having those." Lowind walked to the pair in his typical apathetic manner. "First things first, control your own temper. And it would be good if you can get a clear idea who is your enemy first..."

"Though I believe Zangetsu probably has a better idea. After all, unlike me, he wasn't evil to begin with and managed to resist the "feeling" all the way." Lowind's right eye changed from dull red to blood crimson, completely under his own will.
Strike Zero

- Berith/Elya -

"Indeed you may," Berth replied, clasping his hands behind his back. "Though it should go without saying... my target is none other than the Gundam Team of the Divine Crusaders... our greatest adversaries."

"I have taken it upon myself to prepare a trap for them out in the Pacific Ocean. The next time they depart their home isle... will most assuredly be their last."

Elya leaned in Byakuya's direction. "Don't ask me what we're doing, though. That guy never tells me anything."

"Preparations are complete... all that's left is to assemble an adequate strike force," he cast a glance in Byakuya's direction. "Perhaps you would wish to accompany us?"

"Yeah!" Elya pipped, grinning. "We're all Knights here, after all, and we could use all the help we could get!"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

Lowind's words were surprising indeed, as was the fact that he was able to change the color of his eye at will.

"..." He took a moment to calm down.

"Thanks..."

-Byakuya-

"Don't be so sure... But to deal with a certain problem of my own, i'll accompany you. Though I will need some time to prepare myself and my men for the battle. Besides, I need an excuse to test my new machine. When do we depart?"
Strike Zero

- Berith/Elya -

"As soon as possible. Myself and Elya are merely waiting for our request of fresh Jinx units to be fufiled. Once they have arrived, we will depart immediately. You have until that long to be prepared."
Omega

-Byakuya/Blaze Squadron-

"Understood. We'll be waiting." Byakuya quickly departed for the hangar where his Ahead and the GN-XIIIs of Blaze Squadron were.

"Get ready men; We'll be heading out to assist Berith Darlford and Elya Aizen of the Dark Star Knights against the Gundam Team."

He said this as he was moving towards his Ahead, and Julius heard the message.

"All right boys, get ready, we'll be heading out soon."

The Steel Dragon and his Squadron were ready within the hour and aboard the Landship that Berith and Elya would use.
Kylern

-Kylern/Natalia-

She felt as though she had won until the reached the hangar and something was being rolled in and loaded onto the Ceres. Kylern looked on with a smile as he saw the variable fighter shining in silver and gold just like the TEMJIN before it. He pulled himself away from Natalia and looked at the unit before looking at her.

"Doesn't seem like my career is over yet huh?" He grinned as her face turned a dark red with anger and resentment. Then she exhaled knowing that the VF-11 was nothing compared to her Guarlion Custom. It was fast yeah but it lacked power.

"Good for you! I hope you die in it!" She seemed to be taking this whole thing awfully personal and ran out of the hangar. Kylern sort of stared at her unbelievably.

"What is her problem seriously?" He asked himself as the fighter was wheeled up into the Ceres ready for action. Kylern had yet to know it wasn't a normal VF-11 but one of the rare upgraded ones. It even had a GN bayonet to boot.

-Bian's Office-

Ryker was still in the office discussing various things with the DC Commander when the topic came to Wingnut. Bian was still sore at the pilot and after the hangar incident involving the TEMJIN's destruction and Rena's hospitalization he had enough. Reports from the incident had put Wingnut there but not doing anything to disarm the situation.

"I'm having Wingnut's pilot privaleges revoked for now and he will be not participating in any upcoming battles." Bian spoke as he looked over the situation including the report filed by Kylern dealing with the Tech that had placed the TTD in the TEMJIN to begin with. "And now that our only active Twin Telsa Drive is destroyed the Terrestrial Dream program will have to be set back." He wasn't happy over all this.

Ryker sighed at the loss of a Gundam pilot, and a damn good one at that. They didn't have anyone else to replace him either as unit commander. "So what do we do about the active combat teams? They need a leader..."

Bian thought about it and couldn't think of anything at the moment. "We'll just have to keep wing it until someone steps forward with enough ability to lead." So with that conversation piece done there was one more issue at hand. "Ryker I'm having Kylern be added to the your ship in one of the new VF-11Gs sent down from space."

Ryker nodded at this. "Sounds fine to me. I'm curious to see if his ability is as good as Lt. Ryder's in those machines."

(next post will move the DC into their next operation)
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
hellbore

-Juuso-

Seeing the blank-faced mobile suits scramble to avoid his beam, Juuso missed the damaged Gundam coming at him from below. Rachel's beam sabre cut right through the barrel of the beam cannon causing a small explosion that separated the two mobile suits.

"Why you little...," Juuso growled as the remains of his cannon reracted to the backpack storage rack. Retrieving the beam rifle from the rear skirt armour, he strafes around the damaged Gundam, firing pot-shots to keep her off balance, circling closer and closer.

-Dan-

(Been way more than 48 hours so I'm calling the hit, but I'm giving Hanekoma a chance.)

With the Forbidden surprised by his attack, Dan's kick connects with the top of the mobile suit's head, knocking it off balance. Charging in to follow up his attack, Dan's GN-X brandishes the GN Swords and slices upward at the arms of the mobile suit with one and following up with a stab from the other.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Sume Gai

Raven Sterling and Co

the thrones and 008L Arrived at the Land Battleship which was recovering the survivors from the downed ship. They landed just as the particle counts on thier Drives hit zero and Raven immediately sent orders to the rest of the forces to retreat.

in order to cover this retreat the Land Battleships set posed to fire their beam cannons and missiles at any feddie crazy enough to chase the group
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

-Iron Mask-

As Enlight and her loyalists boarded their respective machines, Iron Mask merely stood at the hanger deck for a moment, staring upwards, eyeing the devastation ahead of him. There was no sympathy here, no display of weakness --- the forces dying and defecting around him were expendable in the great scheme of things, and he cared not for those who turned on him this day. No. He had other more important things to deal with.

These traitors will die all the same in the end, anyway.

Suddenly, two of the Alliance Mobile Suits standing closest to the Ptolemaios recoiled backwards and exploded, followed by another, and then one more, as a volley of yellow beams rang out from above, and at that, Iron Mask nodded in approval; It was in time, and it was ready. A second later, in front of Iron Mask in a kneeling position, a sleek, regal-looking red Mobile Suit slammed into the ground, monoeye blinking once as if in...anticipation.

The same anticipation that it shared with the Iron Mask.

As the Sinanju's cockpit opened, Iron Mask quickly leapt into it from the deck, and gave Enlight and her fellows one last look before the hatch closed behind him. Taking a seat and settling into it, Iron Mask chuckled; As the Sinanju's system displays began switching on, a mass of thin, fine transmitter lines welled out from the top of Iron Mask's helmet and locked onto the receivers at the top of the cockpit, and the moment the connection was made, Iron Mask felt his consciousness expand outwards, and throughout the Full Psycoframe of the Sinanju --- soon, Iron Mask's consciousness was at full force, it having become the Sinanju outside.

"We shall make our way to the south. Follow me; I shall clear a path." Iron Mask said, and the Sinanju rocketed upwards with a leap, spinning and firing its Beam Rifle at another three Alliance MSes ahead. "Do not fall behind."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine looked at the bloody hand, and realized that he needed to get it taken care of.

So he resumed his course for the Valhalla, and found Gai, standing exactly where he was when he left...

'Maybe... I'll ask him to do this if I can't control it....'

"Gai?" Zaine started to walk over to the Night Chaser with a serious expression. "I was wondering... could we... talk in private?"
Last edited by Omega on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero

-Zero-

By unexpected means, Zero learned of the trap being set for the DC Gundam Team, and opened a channel to the DSKs planning it.

"Excuse me... If possible, i'd like to join you in your battle against the Gundam Team."

While waiting for a response, he sent Wan a message informing him of the trap and relaying rendevouz coordinates.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Strike Zero

- Berith -

"If you wish..." Berith replied. "Your ship in addition to my own will make a welcome asset in our endeavor."

To be honest, the older Knight was wary--Zero was a mysterious man, and Berith didn't trust him any further than he could throw him, but the more firepower he could secure for the operation the better. He would be counting on the masked man this time around.
Nero

-Zero-

"Thank you." He then departed for the bridge, knowing full well that the Dark Star Knight didn't quite trust him.

"All right, Once everything is ready, we will depart alongside the Dark Star Knights for a battle against the Gundam Team." He sent this message to both the other ships, and activated the speakers so this ship could hear it as well.

-June-

She recieved the message ahead of Wan and simply shared it with him since he had just boarded.

"It looks like Lord Zero has found an oppurtunity to prepare for your trap."

She then blushed slightly as she approached Wan and spoke in a somewhat shy voice.

"Um... If you... don't mind... could you... show me how... to handle that Knightmare?" She pointed in the direction of the Guren.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
The Big Zabowski

-Ptolemy hangar deck-

The Ikarus pair that were in control of the Loyalist pilots spooled to life, their yellow eyes flashing a yellow glow as they trudged from their former stalls and took up position next to the Lamba shuttle, Alphas having hopped into the right seat of the shuttle abreast from it's pilot. With a nod, the pair readied and took off from the deck, pangs of small arms fire echoing inside the cockpit as the vessel lifted off after IM's suit. It was soon followed in a loose delta formation by the Ikarus suits. The pair let off a trio of shots into the hangar, effectively wrecking the deck and taking some of the Haro techs with it.

Enlight, meanwhile, had already gone airborne after the Ikarus suits laid waste to the hangar deck. She left the smoking hulk behind, holes now blown throughout the hull which reflected the general landscape of the base now. She pushed her throttles to full and closed into tight formation with the Shianju and opened up a QB link with the pilot.

"I apologize sir for the unfortunate failure of my men and women. Though, we did come off with a small consolation in all this.."

She then transmitted the confirmation codes that they had indeed retrieved all relevant data from the banks of the Ptolemaios and were now essentially riding off into the sunset with the entire Ptolemy database.

----

By the time Kit had arrived at the Ptolemy, it was a veritable mess. Chunks of Haros, Innovators, Ikarus suits, machinery.. all littered the floor of the hangar deck. Her mad rush had slowed to a walk as she looked across at the gore that laid before her. With a set jaw, she scanned the decks looking for someone alive to assist her in getting her suit up and running again. She may have had a seething hatred for Heading before, but now that was behind her.. it appeared that Michael would have dealt with the same thing, and probably died because of it. What was done was done..and the fact that Heading was willing to atone for it, showed that Kit's hatred may not be as warranted as she had first thought..

And that was also odd, she now felt compassion..and forgiveness. Again, she was displaying all too human traits of emotion. Was her AI program actually evolving and learning? Or was it something else.. She soon gave up on finding a technician, and decided to take the launch into her own hands. Rushing over to, and hopping up onto the transformed breast plate of the Blackhawk, she popped the hatch. A hiss and click denoted it's opening and locking as she plopped down into the seat and began a cold start up sequence. She flipped through the switches, battery, fuel, jump discharge on the drive capacitor. The displays came to life as the cockpit door closed over her head, the slow whirring noise of the GN drive rotors filled the deathly silent hangar deck. It was all to reminiscent of a jet fighter taking off, back into the fight after a long hiatus.

And as she finally took grasp of the control and throttle yokes, she felt something. At first she wasn't sure what it was.. but it felt, comforting. It also helped her concentrate, as when she looked out toward the half blown out maw of the hangar doors, she could still see the distant shimmering light of the GN drives of the Ikarus and Bhayas as they fled south. With a few more switch flips, the brakes on the suit's wheels disengaged and the suit taxied out of the hangar and into a clear intact area of tarmac. With one final look back at the ship, she kicked the drives into full and burst off into the sky.

The Blackhawk roared in on an intercept course with the ships, Kit licking her lips as she released the safeties on her weapons..

Meanwhile, back on deck, Brilant and what remaining innovators he had to work with began a systematic execution of any innovators that still held loyalties to Enlight. When it was truly all over, body bags littered the tarmac as Innovator and Human alike began work on rebuilding the Ptolemy once again.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Kayvan/Zaraki-

Though it had taken him awhile in this new body he eventually finished repairs on the old one although he left many of the 'scars' from the battle with Zangetsu. It took him mere moments to transfer his consiousness to his body and stand up. "Tch, I gotta get outta here before too long. Too many pilots that'll stop a good one on one fight." he said as he walked out and went to the hangar.

Zangetsu had long left the hangar to find Norman and had left the Sonicscream hatch open. 'This is all too easy.' thought Zaraki as he climbed into the cokpit and began to start up the machine and bypass all of Zangetsu's anti-gundam jack security procautions. 'This fool has no idea that I'm still alive or else he'd of changed these codes.' With the gundam finally started up he walked out the hangar and took off.

Two Lions pulled along side the Gundam and transmitted a message. It read....."Pilot please land."

Zartaki leveled both Burst Railguns at the Lions and shot them down before they could act. "No can do boys I gotta fly this coup." he transmitted a message to Kayvan that would be relayed to Zangetsu. "I'm back and awiat a day where we can fight as equals." before flying off before any units could be dispatched to catch him.

(OOC: Don't bother trying to catch him.)
Kylern

-Bian's Office-

Alarms went off as the Sonic Scream took off from the hangar without Zangetsu in it. Ryker looked rather irritated as well as Bian at all the stuff happening around here.

"What the hell? Can't someone keep locks on their mobile suits? I swear every unit has either gone insane or has been stolen at least once." Ryker appeared frustrated and for good reason. The Sonic Scream shot down two of the Lions killing the pilots inside.

Bian remained there sitting contemplating what to do next. "Well we can't leave a good pilot unarmed. I want the Wing Gundam rebuilt and given to Zangetsu. Something tells me the Sonic Scream will be back." He sent the orders to the hangar crews.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

Zangetsu re-entered the hangar after hearing a lot of fuse coming from that way and was stopped as Kayvan came back and repeated Zaraki's message. Suddenly cold fear enveloped him as he put the pieces together. "Zaraki, you......Sonicsrcream is no mere suit. It's my comrade that's been with me since we came to this world. I'll make sure you regret this."

A officer came up to Zangetsu and passd on the orders from Bian. Zangetsu nodded to him and decided to see Bian for himself about this.

As he aproached the door he stopped and anounced himself. "Sir may I come in?"
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

An unease was building in Gai; something seemed to be changing around him and all of the gundam team. His contemplations were interrupted suddenly when Zaine approached him looking rather serious.

"yes Zaine; come on"

hint of concern permeated Gai's voice and he led the younger pilot to the same room they had talked in earlier.

Wan Fey Lo/Martin Snow

Wan didn't even bother fully facing the girl before responding.

"Pah, I don't have the time or patience for a student besides I doubt you'd be any good even If I did teach you..."

Wan Walked off leaving the girl alone until a pilot about the same age as her approached and spoke.

"Don't let him bug you he's always like that. You know, if you want I could teach you what I know."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SNT1

--Rachel--

"This is...!" Rachel grunts as she struggles to keep up with the faster unit now that a huge chunk of her thrust (and consequently, balance) missing. Her focus and evading puts a strain on her mind as she was unable to effectively use the bits, shooting wildly around the enemy unit.

--Slug--

Slug sees the MA's and GN-XIII's attemping to corner him escape, and just as quickly he fires two smartgun shots at the Destiny Gundam.

--Taylor--

"Fandom's retreating!" Taylor announces, quickly backing off the GN-X's and let them flee. She checks out the surroundings, and finds one Fandom still near Rachel. Taylor arrives at the scene and fires three beam rifle shots at the Destiny and says, "If I were you, I'd heed your superior's orders," as she pulled deeper into the battle.

--Johann--

He continued to intimidate the Tallgeese with his show of his arsenal. The Red Eagle, knowing that a weak beam rifle and a beam saber isn't going to cut it, leaves the engagement in frustration. Damn... Gundams... they're all too...

The GN-XIII's that appeared to help him, retreats with him. However, Johann wasn't done yet. Unequipping the two swords, barehanded, his Gundam then has wire-like protrusions come out of its hands and grapples the armless GN-XIII and halts its advance as he pulls it right back near him.

"I've always wanted to see how these things work," he says.

Some GN-XIII's seem to come back, but the three Duskraiders cover fire as he retreats back to the mothership.

--Lauren--

"All right gang, once this speedy Fandom suit leaves, we investigate the Destroy," she says. She was 95% sure that the pilot is dead, but things like this is second nature to her; it doesn't surprise her anymore.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/