Chapter 18: Lunar Rebellion (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Chapter 18: Lunar Rebellion (Space)

((New chapter, same spot in the storyline.))
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nero

-Risa-

She woke up a few hours later and departed her quarters to find someone to socialize with.

After making her way back to the hangar, she turned her gaze to a Jegan.

It was fairly obvious what Risa was going to do without Riku there to keep an eye on her. She made her way over to the Jegan and peered into the cockpit to find someone working on maintenance inside it.

"Hello." Risa said to get the woman's attention.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
hellbore

- Lunar 'Skies' -

As the Merciless (formerly Renegade) made it's way back toward the Fandom's main base, Tyber Zann used the communication satellites to make a call ahead to his second in command, Urai Fen, on a secure line from his stateroom.

"Colonel," was all the older man gave as gave as greeting. "How did your meeting with Lord Sterling go?"

"As planned, Urai. His Lordship thinks of me as a subservient yet incompetent commander, getting by on past, possibly imagined, glories. He has all but ordered an attack on the Federation Arzachel base, but I'm am hoping the rebels could take care of that for me. Urai, I want you to send out some Eye-Zack's to have a look around for these rebels and 'leak' some information from our sources on when the Federation task force is due to leave."

"Yes, sir, I will see to it personally," replied Fen.

"Oh, and Urai, where's Silri?"

"No-one seen her for days." The look on Fen's face was all Zann needed to see. "Just say the word Tyber, and I would gladly dispose of her."

"No, though I hate to say it Urai, but I think she's... actually grown on me. It is comfortable, however, to know that that option is always available."

"As you wish, sir."
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Heretic

-Mai-

Mai had been in the middle of restructuring the Jegan’s cockpit. Since she was now expected to go out and fight in it, she wanted to make the machine as effective for her possible. She was in between training sessions at the moment, she should have been resting. She was tired, and her work was suffering for it. She was dressed in grimy coveralls covered with machine oil which she had managed to smear across her face. Her hair was tied back, the cherry red starting to fade and the dark brown of her roots starting to show through, she would have to find more hair dye soon.

She was struggling with a particularly stubborn bolt on the side of the control chair and thus didn’t notice that someone was watching her.

Risa’s “Hello” startled Mai.

Mai’s wrench lost its grip in the bolt, she let out a startled “Yipe!” as she fell backwards to hit one of the control consoles tailbone first. Mai held her scream of pain and anger in and instead through her wrench down in frustration. It clattered around inside the cockpit noisily.

Then Mai turned and faced the newcomer, “What is it?” The words came out angrier than she expected.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Nero

-Risa-

When Mai asked her question rather angrily, Risa backed off a little bit, indicating that Mai scared her a bit.

"Um... Sorry, I was just wondering if you needed a hand with anything..."

Somehow, Risa knew she had some experience on cockpit maintenance but couldn't quite put her finger on how she knew.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Heretic

Mai stared at the other girl for a moment, shocked at how she had reacted to Mai’s outburst. This was the first time anyone had ever been afraid of her. Mai realized something then. She was changing, everything she had been through, all the combat training, it was changing Mai. She looked away and slumped down inside the cockpit, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to get angry at you.”

“It’s just…” But she couldn’t say what was bothering her, not yet. “It’s just this thing is frustrating,” she said instead. “The bolt is just too tight for me.” Mai kicked at the control chair with the heal of her boot. “I guess, maybe, I could use a hand.” She flashed a smile at the other girl hoping it didn’t look too strained.
Nero

-Risa-

After a moment, Mai apologized and accepted the offer, along with giving a mildly strained smile. Risa smiled back before moving slightly into the cockpit, caught the wrench and turned to the bolt that seemed to be annoying Mai...

After a few moments of tinkering, Risa got the bolt loose.

"That should be good. What were you going to do anyway?... Ah, where are my manners... I'm Risa, Risa Utsugi. And you are..."
Heretic

“Mai, Mai Ceda Thyrad.” Her smile became a bit less strained. “As for what I’m doing, here, I’ll Show you.”

The stubborn bolt had been the last thing holding the control chair in place, so with a good solid kick with her boot heal, the whole thing came loose. Mai tossed the chair out through the open hatch and clambered out after it. Moment’s later she returned pushing a new chair through the opening, “I’m replacing that old chair with this new one I made.” Mai got the new chair into position and started bolting it in place, talking as she worked, “You see, they’re training me to be a pilot, but I just can’t give up being a mechanic. So when I was reading about the different cockpit systems, I got an idea. My instructor, he keeps telling me about how both the machine’s strengths and the pilot’s skills don’t mean anything if they can’t communicate and work together. This Jegan, it’s my partner, he’s saved my life. So I’m making the interface between me and him better.”

Mai finished attaching the last few wires and cables, she’d tidy it up and enclose them behind maintenance panels later. “Here, sit down, I’ll show you what I mean.”

The first noticeable difference between this and the old chair were the padded metal bars that swung down form overhead to embrace the pilot, which also connected into a safety harness, all of this designed to keep the pilot more secure so they wouldn’t thrash about in combat. Next and most importantly were the arms. Unlike regular arm rests, this chair had a set of sleeve like devices, jointed at the shoulders, elbows and writs with a set of joystick handles with several buttons and switches at the ends for the hands to grip and control. Mai switched the system over to test mode and gestured for Risa to get into the seat, “I read about something called a mobile trace system, that’s where I got the idea. With this my Jegan’s arms can become an extension of my own. Try it out.”

With the system in test mode, the Jegan itself wouldn’t move but the displays would show wireframe arms moving about sort of like in a simulator.
Nero

-Risa-

Risa gawked in amazement at what Mai was doing to her Jegan.

"Wow... This is so cool!" Knowing that this Jegan was likely special to Mai, she tested her modifications but was careful not to break anything.
Wedge14

-Garmin Aelfhere-

Garmin stood in the main throne room of the Olympus Mons. He held a piece of paper in his hand.

"Lord Sterling, I've just got a report that confirms The information about Raven attacking Wake Island." Garmin turned towards the observation window. It was obvious he didn't like the idea of Raven leading an attack in person. Even though she was a powerful newtype warrior just like Garmin himself, she was also not as experienced as him. Even worse then this, was the loss of Raven would cause a huge drop in morale, and sorrow for most of the fandom soldiers. Garmin had already made up his mind it was too late.

"I request that we cut our tour of space short. If she proves successful in this battle, we will be able to provide the needed momentum to keep it going. If she proves otherwise, we will have to do the work ourselves."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Nero

-Risa-

After taking great care to get out of the cockpit, Risa turned to Mai, and thanked her in a somewhat awkward way.

Risa hugged Mai in a somewhat sisterly fashion before finally just saying the words... "Thank you for that, It was great! You'll certainly be able to handle it better... agh!" Then a sharp jab of pain hit Risa, knocking her out cold.
Kylern

-Time Skip- (Since Strike Rouge never responded)

-LLF Mission Briefing-

Captain Messer stood in the front of the room and switched the holographic imaging on which showed the terrain of the lunar scape. "Alright we need to move fast. It seems the Fandom is trying to move into Federation territory and could prove to be a thorn in both our sides. We are going to move into the next phase of operations and thats the capture of the Federation nuclear warhead arsenal located at Arzachel. Yes we got this information from the Fandom and obviously they want us to do their dirty work for them. But we only have this opprotunity to collect these valuable weapons."

He looked around at both his own officers and the three here from the Salvation. He gave Ryder a nod who stood up and moved up to the front. "And this is where my group will come in. We are to provide supporting fire using the Salvation in order to gain the bases attention while the Captain and his team will infiltrate. Because the Fandom is looking for us to cause mass damage I suggest we limit damage as much as possible and focus on getting the bargining chip. Then we leak out own information and claim more extensive damage than in reality."

Messer looked pleased himself. "Good point and accepted. We wouldn't want the Fandom getting a foot hold on this surface either. I want everyone to prepare for launch, the operation will begin in 12hrs. Your dismissed." With that the LLF team went their way leaving Ryder to direct his own team.

"Ok guys we have a big job on our hands. I want all your machines ready and you to get a little sleep before we get there." He then led them out of the room and back towards the Salvation.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Heretic

-Mai-

Mai was happy, this was the first time in a while that she had been. Risa seemed like a nice enough person. The hug was a bit of a shock, Mai had to resist the urge to brake away and tried not to squirm with the close physical contact.

Then Risa’s outcry. Mai couldn’t tell what had happened, only that the other girl seemed to be in pain just before going limp. Personal boundaries forgotten, Mai struggled to grab hold of Risa, managing to keep her upright.

Mai called into the hanger for help, “Somebody! Get a doctor or something!” Holding on to Risa, Mai could see that she was unconscious, still breathing. Was she still in pain? Mai couldn’t tell, “HURRY!”
Nero

-Riku-

Having woke up from his rest, he headed to the hangar, just in time to see a woman holding Risa, who looked to be unconscious with the older woman calling out for a doctor.

He quickly departed for the infirmary, and brought a Medical Team back with him, and they took Risa to the infirmary.

He then approached the girl and asked a question. "What happened here?"
hellbore

((Also time skipping))

- Arzachel Lunar Base -

About 10 hours later, the Pericles, Trieste and Canberra were ready to launch. They would be joined by five Drake-class gunships, the Bernard, Law, Antigonos, Xerxes, and Seleukos. While the Drake could not support mobile suits, its armament was perfect for taking on a fortified base like they were expecting. Both the modified Jesta, the Windam and their pilots had also been transferred to the Salamis'.

In the lounge, Ayin was speaking to Corran Horn about Captain Celchu. To the newest member of Rogue Squadron, Horn said, "Lieutenant, I want you to understand two things: First, I have the utmost trust and confidence in Captain Celchu. I have no reservations—none—about him, his service, his skills, or his commitment to the Federation. Second, he is probably the best pilot I know. Even without using the any Newtype powers, there are some people who have minds so slow that you can almost hear synapses firing at a torpid pace. Others are so quick-witted you end up marveling at connections they make, but only after the five or ten minutes it takes you to unravel their thought processes. And then there are people whose minds move in multiple dimensions, all at lightspeed, leaving you unable to even begin to guess how their minds work. Tycho Celchu had such a mind, but what impressed me about him was not the speed with which he thought, but the cool deliberation that defined the way he thought."

Awed by the amount of respect in the man's voice, Ayin was resolved to do his best in the coming engagement. Soon after, all seven ships of Taskforce Alpha departed the Arzachel port for their encounter in space.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Heretic

-Mai-

"What happened here?"

Mai looked at the man, still shocked by what happened to Risa, “I- I don’t know, she just collapsed suddenly.” Mai started to shake like she was about to cry, “We were just… She was helping me with some maintenance, that’s all” tears started streaming on their own accord from Mai’s eyes as she looked at the man pleadingly, “I don’t know why…”

The world started spinning and fading to black at the edges, Mai lost her balance. She was hyperventilating yet she felt like she couldn’t breath. She flung her arms out trying to grab hold of something, anything as she started to faint.
CheesyErwin

((Let me go back in time a few hours, this concerns about a sub-plot that bugs me.))

-Pericles-

Soon after the briefing, most MS pilots went on to their tasks assigned. However, Erwin is still standing near the doorside of the briefing room, one thing on the last battle still bugs him very much.

"Why would Lieutanaut Rhinoah communicate with the enemy?" This thought still bugged him till this moment. He decided to find Lieutanaut Rhinoah and ask about this. He headed straight to the ready room, and hope that Lieutanaut is still there.

At the ready room, he saw her still standing in the ready room, packing her belongings.

"Lieutanaut Rhinoah, may I ask you something?" Erwin tapped her shoulder, and asked politely.
"I am... GUNDAM!" - Setesua F. Seiei
Nero

-Riku-

Noticing all the signs that Mai was about to faint, Riku positioned himself behind her to make sure she came to rest against him...

"Are you okay?"
Heretic

Mai managed to regain some focus when she hit Riku, but she remained leaning against him, not trusting her own balance yet.

“Are you okay?”

“Sorry,” Mai said, “I just… I haven’t been sleeping well lately.” It was a massive understatement. The truth was she hadn’t been sleeping at all. Aside from dozing off a few times, she hadn’t slept since being picked up by the Grey Wolf. Every attempt resulted in nightmares that left her shaking and staring into the darkness of her room.

Her sleep depravation was starting to show, in the darkness around her eyes, in her near obsessive compulsive work on her Jegan and in the light-headedness that was now leading to fainting. “I think-- I think I need a doctor.”
Nero

-Riku-

When the obvious signs of a severe lack of sleep showed itself, Riku quickly carried Mai to the Infirmary with the woman resting in his arms.

Seeing an empty bed, Riku laid Mai down in it and sat down next to her.