Chapter 18: Awake Valsion (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Chapter 18: Awake Valsion (Earth)

- Aidoneus Island -

On occasion the DC would send up forces or materials into space to help its space fleet. The transfer of Wingnut and Hellbore was one such instance. It would also sometimes work in reverse as was the case now with a transport craft landing at the largest functional airstrip. Inside were two new VF-11G units send down from the Redemption. They were called in for island defense to counter high altitude threats like Rachel and Slug had proven to be earlier.

The craft also carried parts and equipment to give the 4 remaining VF-11Cs of Templar Squadron an option to change from shell firing gunpods to beam weaponry if the situation called for it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nero

-Black Knights-

The Black Knights had opted to stay out of the assault on Wake Island.

Instead, Zero had his technicians work on improving the Virus to forcibly disable anything with a Druid System.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

Placing the helmet on his head he started to go through the opening operation procedures. At first he could feel the resistance from the unit as it tried to shut itself down as the MSBS started to reach the 80%. But Kylern over rode the operation and began to boot the TTD up. It was at that point things started to go wrong...

Even though the TEMJIN was restrained it started to twist and pull at its restrains while the V-Converter started to spin abnormally fast. Then the crystal inside it started to give off a strange and dark wavelength as the visor flashed red.

"I'm losing control again... Shutting down!" Kylern tried but found himself locked out of the system. Then a spark shot from the head set as it shut down before pain began to set in. This left the pilot with a clear head and able to watch as the TEMJIN changed from white to black with red instead of gold outline. It also snapped its restraints and grabbed for its weapon sitting nearby.

"Damnit! Get me a unit so I can stop it!" Kylern screamed as the Shadow VR looked around to see where it was. It hadn't grown aggressive yet but it was only a matter of time before it sent on the offense to escape.

"We don't have anything on this level... There is a new shipment of Thunderbolts coming in though..." The Tech was scared and his crew was already pulling away before being stepped on.

"Alright then. Get out of here and sent word to Bian I'll stop the machine. After all its mine and I might be able to get the upper hand." And with that he leaped from his position down to the ground and ran off to intercept the new fighters. He knew how to pilot on and had a plan... And hopefully he could get to a unit before the TEMJIN went on the attack. For now that it was heading for the exit... It wanted out of this hangar first then it would decide what to do next.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nero

-Rena-

Shortly after Kylern left, She woke up. after a bit she walked into the hangar where Kylern was working on something with the TEMJIN when it changed colors and grabbed hold of it's weapon.

Instantly, she ran to where her Wing Gundam was, quickly brought it online, and made to stop the Dark Knight from escaping.

Seeing Kylern run out of the hangar gave her a good deal of relief.

"This simplifies matters!" She raised the Buster Rifle and pulled the trigger.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

(Your firing in a hangar? Wow...)

-TEMJIN-

Its sensors warned it of an unit's activation causing it to peer over at the Wing Gundam. Quickly it went into offense mode and put all its power into its beam shield as the enemy unit fired the large Buster Rifle. The large beam crashed and the TEMJIN was pushed back and its arm started to strain under the assault. The beam also dissapated the shield but didn't reach the unit behind it. Instantly the TEMJIN turned itself against the Gundam and charged in using the TTD pushing it forward. Its Saber blitz then drove forward trying to impale the Wing Gundam before it could prepare a second attack using the Buster Rifle.

-Kylern-

He was unable to reach the new Thunderbolts but headed for the hangar over where the Ceres was being held. He knew the Templar Squadron was there and quickly headed for the hangar. "Hey guys I gotta borrow one of these quickly. Check with records and you'll see I've got qualifications for a VF pilot. I also need to borrow the YF-19's External Heavy Weapons module. Might help if you hurry up since we have a big problem."

At first they seemed rather apprehensive until the sound of the Buster Rifle being fired could be heard next door. With that he was allowed to borrow the unit along with the weapon addition and a pair of atmospheric/space FAST packs.
Nero

-Rena-

She knew she had little space to maneuver, so she opted to raise her shield to block the attack, then draw her beam saber as the blade neared.

Once within reach, she swung the sword in a way to lock blades.
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

He was just finishing packing up the diagnostic equipment when he heard the blast. The alarm indicating weapons fire coming from the cockpit confirmed it.

"What the hell is going on over there?" Wingnut asked to no one in particular and jumped in and started up the Wing Zero.
Moving into the next hanger he saw what was going on.

What on Earth? This is nuts.

Taking the initiative given the blade lock, Wingnut throttled up and rushed both units. They're going to trash the place at this rate.

Catching both off guard, the Wing Zero tackled both machines and carried them outside into the open area of Aidoneus Island.

((I will not interfere, but take it outside!))
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

He quickly ran back to the Valhalla so as not to get caught in the crossfire.

"This would be a good oppurtunity to try out the Lancelot..."

As quickly as he could, he boarded the KMF, and barreled out of the hangar, and to where he could watch the fight and step in if need be.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai happened to be outside when he heard the noise of combat coming, from of all places, inside the base. He turned, unsure of whether to go and check it out, and seconds later the Wing Zero Shoved the Wing Gundam and a Black TEMJIN out of a nearby hanger.

Gai considered getting his own machine but he knew If things went sour Galeon and, by extension, the Gao Machines would be at his side in seconds.

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had taken the still incomplete Haro and was heading back to the Valhalla when the TEMJIN went out of control she had no indication anything was happening till the whole facility shook as a result of the Buster Rifle shot. She stumbled and the Haro fell from her grasp, thankfully not being smashed apart by the Impact with the ground, The Haro, though not covered in a spherical shell, still managed to start rolling down the hall...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Nero

-Rena-

She was indeed surprised when the Wing Zero carried her out of the base along with the TEMJIN.

Once free, Rena took a defensive posture to protect herself from the Shadow VR.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner/???

She pulled herself up a few moments later unsure of what was going on and looked around to see the Haro rolling around a corner further down the hall.

"oh no you don't!"

She gave chase fast enough to catch up seconds after it rounded the corner. But before she could pick it up it was stopped by someone's foot; someone who bent down and lifted the Rounded robot.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kylern

-TEMJIN-

The large beam blade had indeed struck the shield in place and dug slightly into the piledriver shield before being bull rushed by another machine. The hangar wall was destroyed and the TEMJIN quickly used its massive boosters to pull away from the Wing Zero and set up a distance between them. It looked around spotting various enemy units around it.

-Kylern-

The Thunderbolt was up and ready with its new pilot sitting inside it. In order to place the weapons module on the machine was in Gerwalk mode. "I have to finish this..." As the VF-11 started up he switched the powerful pulse cannon on and let it charge while the machine charged into combat. Reason being it needed about 30 seconds to be fully charged and in the meantime he would attempt to pull the TEMJIN away from everyone including Rena.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" With that a VF charged into the battle before transforming into soldier mode and ramming the TEMJIN from behind with its bullet proof shield.

The VR was knocked off balance with Kylern taking aim and firing its 30mm gunpod at the back of the unit before it could get back up. "Nobody touch him but me!" His bullets riddled off the V-Armor causing minimal damage but Kylern wasn't done. He knew the TEMJIN was limited in its range and if he could get close enough the MPBL wouldn't be able to swing at him well. So as his previous buddy got up the Thunderbolt was in its face slamming its fist into it. It was a well placed booster punch that sent the TEMJIN off its feet again.

"Please stop this... We're friends!" He was trying to reconnect his own soul with the V Crystal again but the machine wasn't responding. Instead it leveled its MPBL... But as it fired the Thunderbolt had already leaped into the air and fired three missiles down on top of the TEMJIN forcing it to retreat and both units took to the air
Nero

-Rena-

Rena while waiting for an opening, raised her Buster Rifle for another shot at the TEMJIN.

Once leveled, she pulled the trigger, causing the barrel to fill with energy, more to get the VR's attention than to actually attack it.
Kylern

-TEMJIN-

It had escaped the missiles quickly reaching the air and turning its neutral launcher on the speedy little critter fighting it. So it started readying another shot until it noticed an energy spike nearby. TTD flaring it escaped the Buster rifle beam and dive down on her switching its rifle to sword mode. The large beam sword then came down on the Wing Gundam using the TTD to bulldoze its way through the enemy should it attempt to block him.

-Kylern-

"Leave her alone and face me!" Kylern ordered firing a burst of gunpod fire down onto the TEMJIN from behind. But he found his bullets stopped by the sheer output from the TTD. So he extended his bayonete and followed the dive ready to impale the TEMJIN from behind if he was able to get into the mix before his ex-unit destroyed the Wing Gundam.
Nero

-Rena-

After the corrupt VR evaded her shot, It came down on her and for the first time in her life, Rena froze... At the last second, she brought up her shield to try and block the blow, but to no avail...

The TEMJIN's blade ripped through the shield and pierced the Reactor of Wing Gundam in one shot while miraculously avoiding the cockpit, Which caused the cockpit around her to explode followed by her screaming. There seemed to be a small chance to save her if anyone seized the oppurtunity.
Kylern

-Kylern-

He had been unable to reach her in time as the TEMJIN made its powerful attack. So when it sliced through the Gundam Kylern screamed. He came in behind the unit and drove the bayonet into the converter on its back. The enemies V-Armor held out enough to where the blade didn't pierce very far but it did overpower it. Both of the TEMJIN's defenses were down and it quickly brought its blade around cutting the gunpod in half.

Kylern barely pulled back before losing his head, but still the lose of the gunpod didn't help. Now his only option was the weapon module he aimed at the TEMJIN.

"Someone please save Rena!" He begged taking aim and unleashed a blaze of twin rapid fire laser cannon fire to cover the TEMJIN and force it away. But it wasn't getting away as it was followed by a blaze of 12 missiles forcing the VR to use a beam discharge wave to detonate them. Too bad that several missiles caught the sword and destroyed the TEMJIN's most powerful weapon. Now it was reduced to its power bombs which it readied one in its right hand.

Kylern charged in as the barrel of the pulse cannon glowed. Both units then went hand to hand releasing both weapons at the same time. The powerbomb didn't go off as the powerful energy beam from the Thunderbolt tore through the arm and literally blew the entire right side of the TEMJIN apart leaving it disfigured but still ready to fight. But before it could use its left arm Kylern gave a punch with the left arm, using the shield tip to sever the head and the fist penetrated the chest and gripped the TEMJIN's power source.

"I'm sorry..." He squeezed the crystal and detonated the TEMJIN in more of a lightshow than an actual mass explosion. Several blasts tore through the TEMJIN's armor as the Valk pulled back tearing the power source out of its chest. Of course the crystal easily shattered leaving a few shards while the rest were obliterated in the final boom.
Omega

-Zaine-

He took that as his cue to get involved.

He quickly moved for what he hoped was Wing Gundam's cockpit, forced it open, recovered it's passenger, and quickly put distance between himself and the Wing Gundam that was about to blow.
Nero

(My last post for the DC.)

-Wing Gundam-

Shortly after Zaine distanced himself from the Gundam, It exploded, sending both the KMF, and Rena flying in different directions.
Omega

-Zaine-

He was already a safe distance away, so when Wing blew, nothing involving them happened.

Zaine turned his attention to the injured girl resting in the Conquista's hands.

It didn't seem like anything bad had happened to the girl, but only a doctor could tell if there was anything wrong.

"She seems okay."

He signaled for a medical team to take Rena, and after they showed up, they took her to the Hospital on the base.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner/???

Tallis eyes began Drifting upwards from the spot the Haro had stopped, right next to the man's foot. It was clearly a man... in White lab coat, not the same as a full fledged researcher, but rather, that of a Lab Tech. The man's face was hidden behind the machinery of the 'naked' Haro which he seemed to be studying intently. After a few silent moments Tallis Spoke up, she had forgotten her curiosity about the shaking from earlier.

"um.. Excuse me..."

The man's thoughts were interrupted. the half a dozen possibilities of what this strange object was banished themselves as his attention was brought to the presence of a young female in a mechanic's jumpsuit.

"Oh Is this yours? I'm sorry I was just curious as to what it was unless of course it's classified."

He offered the skeletal Haro to her.

"Oh that's alright it's just something I was fixing to pass the time I think it's some kind of utility or companion robot."

The man looked again perhaps there was more to this machine than he'd first guessed but he'd need more information

"ah so is that going well?"

"Well mechanically I think I've restored it's functions but it's personality circuit was beyond repair and I don't know enough about AI to replace it."

She made to take the Haro with both hands.

"Really? Perhaps I can help." 'there might be something valuable in that thing's memory'

Tallis stopped her hands millimeters from the sides of the Haro.

"Eh? you mean you know about AIs?"

"I'm an expert with Computers I know more than enough about AI to fix something like this."

Tallis was excited now

"Really? You'd do that?"

"yes, if you'll leave it in my care for the evening I'm sure I can come up with something."

the man smiled; it might be well worth the effort. Tallis took a moment to consider it but realizing that she didn't have any other Ideas on how to fix it.

"Sure, you can hold on to it, I still need to make a cover for it though; but I know the measurements so I should be able to do that without it."

"Thank you, miss?"

"Stenner, Tallis Stenner; and what's your name?"

"Sai Altone; If you could meet me here tomorrow I should have it ready."

"Sure and thanks again!"