Chapter 17: Rescue and Return (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

- Strike/Stellar/Xiu -

"Sorry... I was... kind of in the middle of a dogfight there..."

Both Stellar and Xiu raised eyebrows at this, "Say what?"

"Patrol duty... you know... I ran into some enemies..."

"Like what?" Xiu questioned, her curiosity now piqued.

"Well... it was..." Strike shook his head. "You know what, forget about that for now! We're in the middle of a meeting here!"

He took a deep breath and leaned forward slightly. "I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, Captain. Do you not intend for them to fight along side us anymore? I think that thus far they've proven that they're more than capable."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mr. Hanekoma

Sosuke Hanekoma
-Pegasus-class Excalibur

Sosuke spent about an hour transferring his Forbidden over to the Excalibur and getting it situated in the ship's hangar. After that, he walked to the bridge to meet the ship's captain and receive his new orders.

((I apologize for the short length. I had nothing else to write about.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
Wingnut

- Bian/Ryker -

"They have indeed proven capable. Willing however is another story." Bian replied. "Xiu is a civilian and Stellar was never formally given a place in the Federation military either. Technically there's nothing we can do if they refuse an order right now.
I would like to change that and formally bring them into the DC as regular pilots."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

-Hawaii-
Daniel sat outside on the beach under the shade of a palm tree. "Finally some time to rest after facing that DC monster."

"What do you mean? Was it actually that powerful?" asked Malus inquisitivly, from another tree off a few feet to the right..

"It doesn't matter how powerful it was. We could've taken it had the whole team been there." replied Aajz.

"Your right Aajz we could've done beat it if we had the team. However that is no reason to ignore the imense power is showed today. To my knowledge this beast was only encountered by Fandom forces once before and the whole lot of them were beat severly." Daniel said as he grabbed a cold drink out of a nearby cooler they brought.

"What can you tell us about it sir?" inquired Malus. "The data we cn acess only tells us so much."

"Well it had high defencive and offencive capabilites, was good at both long and short range, and looked awsome if I do say so myself. The only flaw i can see is that it isn't agile at all, so once it's defences are lowered it might fall to heavy barrage. The best advice I can give you is never to fight it if you can help it, unless we are there as a team. No matter what any higher ups say I want you boys to promise me that you'll retreat quickly if you encounter this beast." Daniel replied before downing his beverage in a few quick gulps.

"Yes sir!" they said.

"Alright boys lets enjoy our breif break before we return to duty." said Daniel.
Omega

-Zaine-

Once Tallis closed her eyes, Zaine leaned over the table and kissed her for the first time... a few moments later, Zaine broke the kiss, blushing a deep red, giving away why he was embarrassed...
(If you were planning on someone finding them, PM me and i'll change my post)

-Luna-

Luna watched as Sousuke Hanekoma made his way to the bridge.

Luna: "Lyon, Go fill him in on his assignment."
Lyon: "Yes ma'am."

-Lyon-

Lyon then departed the bridge and met Sousuke at halfway.

"Hello, I'm Lyon, leader of the Excalibur Team... You must be the new pilot that Command has promised us..."

-Sophia-

Sophia took a quick look-over of the pamphlet she was given then made to explore the Archangel Class ship since it would be apparent that it was her first time on an actual warship.
Last edited by Omega on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

-Kylern-

His test of the new system's added to the TEMJIN were a blatant failure and the fact his machine had throughly rejected him was disheartening. But as he tried to pick himself up from the ground the Tech continued to do his own spill.

"Hurry up kid we are going to try this again. This time you'll be on the outside just in case the system shuts down again. You got it?"

Kylern looked at him unbelieving. Was this man trying to kill him? "Sir I think that's a bad decision. Didn't you just see me almost bite the big one?"

The Tech Officer had no time for the pilots foolishness. Especially someone of a lower rank than him. "Your going to do it again and its going to work. Now get your MSBS whatever up and get that thing moving. Thats an order!"

Kylern knew this would turn out bad because he felt his machine had kicked him out for a reason. It was telling him this was bad... There was no way the TEMJIN would deny him for any other reason but safety. "Sir I insist we discontinue this testing until we figure out what was wrong..."

"Sgt I know what was wrong. You weren't able to sync and your got rejected. Just try harder this time and it will work. DC's future programs rely on your making it work. Now do your job and get moving." That was the end of it as he grabbed the VR helmet and tossed it at Kylern.

"But..." There were no buts though as it became apparent that if he continued to fight then trouble would start. This was the price of being a soldier it seemed but he was honestly scared. Something bad was going to happen he could feel it... But like a good soldier he took the helmet and put it on.

(dum dum dum)
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had guessed this was what would happen and accepted it; but... she wasn't as happy as she felt she should be. A certain something about how Zaine had approached the whole affair bothered her, but, she couldn't pin it down. She opened her eyes as Zaine drew back sharing the blush he had. She was too embarrassed to speak after that.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SNT1

--Gundam Team ver. Awesome--

As the Fafnir traversed the sea and then the Pacific, it takes them a few good hours to actually find the fleet of ships. The captain of the airborne carrier tells the captains of the supply carriers to change course, as they are in open, contested waters, vulnerable to any stray attack. The Fafnir positions itself so that anyone from Hawaii or Aidoneus' direction attempting to assault the ships would have to go through them.

One ship in particular, however, did not change course. It had apart to play in battle, after all.

Taylor, busy as always, would take the opportunity to send someone outside for a bit; it's always better to have a unit or two patrolling the outer radius of the ship. She picks the best harrasser unit out of all of them (save for her own Gundam---she's not going to do this task as one of the leaders)

"Slug... Will you please help us on lookout duty?" She asks. She's also a bit annoyed at the fact that she had to 'ask' can't directly command these two 'special' pilots, but Rachel says they're nice enough to follow, anyways. She continues, saying things about how more advantageous it would be if Slug's Gundam acted as a lookout of some sorts.

"Yes ma'am," Slug replies.

Slug is actually a bit excited about the mission. Especially when a seemingly outran top DC unit (well, it was stronger than most other DC unit's he'd seen save for girl-robot) while taking potshots at it, trying the same results on GN-drunk Fandom would prove to be more challenging.

"Why aren't you in the military?" Taylor then asks abruptedly, disrupting the flow of Slug's thought.

"Eh?" Why aren't I in the military? Slug took a bit of time.

"Why aren't you in the military?" She asked again, as if slowing down the sentence helped some. Slug knew what he heard. Knowing little of this Major, she's also likely looked at the contract terms. Despite the vaguesness of the contract regarding their volunteer work, nothing prevents him from actually joining and being Sidewinder test pilot part-time.

"It's got to be waking up at 4 AM. Definitely." Taylor raises an eyebrow, immediately reacting to the statement. Slug grabs his pilot suit as he starts to walk away to get dressed. Taylor seems like the type who wants to be in control all the time, and wants everything proper, while Slug wants to get his show on the road.

"You know..." Taylor calls out from behind. Slug freezes in his tracks, and slowly turns around. He doesn't want a lecture right now about his seemingly lazy lifestyle, which actually isn't. He's fine with the 9 to 5 business, overtime here and there, but Taylor's lifestyle is something he wants to stay away from. Miles away.

"The Federation has some good benefits if you actually join. You can probably even double your income next to your Sidewinder duties, and retire at a very early age, you know.... just something to think about," Taylor says, with a less-than-professional tone that Slug's gotten accustomed to the past few days he'd seen her.

Slug continues to walk away and says back, "I'll consider it." Well, at least she's not forcing me to join.

A few minutes later, Slug launches out of the Fafnir after a bit of time maneuvering inside (it would take some getting used to), launching alone in the Ex-S Gundam and heads east. He doesn't pull too far away, a couple of hundred nm, close enough for him to run back in a couple of minutes once he signs of any enemy units larger than a few mobile suits.

Meanwhile, Johann walks up to Sophia. He attempts to start a conversation. "Yeah, you anxious to get out there? Huh, Seems like you and I are the only ones bothering to read this." Makes sense for the two newest members of the team to not be up-to-date in the latest enemy information. Although Johann knew alot about the enemy already for someone who hasn't seen real battle (in this world) yet, he just wants to relate...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Zaine-

Knowing further attempts at conversation with Tallis would likely prove to be fruitless, Zaine decided to leave her be so she could finish the Haro she was working on...

Then, he could almost feel something bothering Tallis... He wasn't quite sure what was wrong, but decided it might not be best to pry.

"I'll see you later, then..."

After that, he left for a part of the island where he could be alone, feeling stupid for some odd reason.

-Shion-

As the researcher typed away at the keyboard, she could tell that there might be further need of a machine equipped with a GN Drive that was designed to use it to improve their knowledge of GN Technology...

Ultimately, She sent an e-mail to Dr. Zoldark, requesting permission to meet with him to discuss a project that would inolve a large amount of e-carbon and the use of the portal system.
(Turn this howver you deem appropriate)
Nero

((Delete this post))
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-
"Agh. Why oh why must I always beat myself up like this?" Zangetsu said as he sat in the infirmary wallowing in the irony of the statment. "At least my nightmares of Zaraki are finaly over. Now if only I could overcome my boredom of this room."
Wingnut

((Moving ahead as both FLs report ready.))

- Raven Sterling -

The assault force was assembled and ready on their ships.

"All forces move out!" ordered Raven from the bridge of her ship and the Land Battleships took off from their berths and began the trip towards Wake Island and the massing Federal force there.

- END OF CHAPTER -
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.